Home
Posted By: htredneck Screwed up... - 07/29/22
Thanks to a few trips to the White River and Bennet Springs lately, I decided to get back into fly fishing.
Used a few other rods that just didn't trip my trigger and remembered I used to have an Orvis Far & Fine that I absolutely loved using. The one I sold it a friend of my son-in-law because it needed to be fished instead of just sitting in the tube in my basement. Ever get sellers remorse from a fly rod?

So... the search is on for an Orvis Far & Fine 7'9" 5 wt.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Screwed up... - 07/29/22
An OBDFR (Old But Damn Fine Rod).
Posted By: BS2 Re: Screwed up... - 07/29/22
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185499299180?hash=item2b309ead6c:g:tYIAAOSwOr5iXwg-

do a search, there are others
Posted By: htredneck Re: Screwed up... - 07/29/22
Originally Posted by BS2
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185499299180?hash=item2b309ead6c:g:tYIAAOSwOr5iXwg-

do a search, there are others

Thanks - I saw that one but I don't want the Clearwater.
And the true F&F that is listed on there is still there for a reason.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Screwed up... - 07/29/22
Get ahold of the guy you sold it to. You never know it might be sitting in his closet not being used. I recently sold back a rifle to a guy that I bought it from 13 years ago. He contacted me and asked if I still had it and if I would consider selling it back to him. I did sell it back to him.
In fact I sold him back all three that I purchased from him then.
Posted By: BS2 Re: Screwed up... - 07/29/22
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Get ahold of the guy you sold it to. You never know it might be sitting in his closet not being used. I recently sold back a rifle to a guy that I bought it from 13 years ago. He contacted me and asked if I still had it and if I would consider selling it back to him. I did sell it back to him.
In fact I sold him back all three that I purchased from him then.

First place to start!
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Screwed up... - 07/29/22
Originally Posted by htredneck
Ever get sellers remorse from a fly rod?

In a sense.

This may be a little confusing.

I like light rods. For much of my life my only rod was an 8 weight throwing a 9 weight line. Then I got a stubby 2 weight .. and off to the races. I bought a Sage TXL-F in 0 weight, a Sage Click I reel, and a 0 weight DT line. The lightest WF line I could find was a 1 weight floater. I tried that and it was really too heavy for the rod so I went back to the 0 weight DT. Then later I found out Sage had a TXL-F in 000 weight. Well, I had to have that, right? And the only line was a DT 000. After buying the 000 I sold the 0, maybe here. I think here. Jump forward to about 2 years ago when Sage introduced the Dart. I saw that Rio had since added a 0 weight WF floater. Again, I "had to" so I did. Man, that WF throws a lot better than the DT, at least twice the distance.

So I wish I still had that 0 weight TXL-F. It is a more compact 4 piece instead of the Dart's 3 piece construction and it had a faster action which I prefer .. within reason. Paired with the newer WF 0 weight line it would be a better setup than either the 000 TXL-F or the 0 Dart that I've got now.

Tom
Posted By: 1minute Re: Screwed up... - 07/29/22
Sounds like the reason I still own every fly rod I ever purchased. Everything from two wts to 11 wts and units ranging from 5 to 16 ft. Some are not often used, but they're still there if the mood swings that way. Sage, Orvis, Fenwicks, Meiser's and several store brands that are likely Loomis or a Chinese knock off.
Posted By: Torqued Re: Screwed up... - 08/03/22
The next time you're down at Bennett stop in and see Charlie at Reading's Fly Shop. He may know where one may be.
Posted By: htredneck Re: Screwed up... - 08/03/22
Originally Posted by Torqued
The next time you're down at Bennett stop in and see Charlie at Reading's Fly Shop. He may know where one may be.

Good to know - thanks!
Posted By: BS2 Re: Screwed up... - 08/04/22
Originally Posted by htredneck
Originally Posted by Torqued

Good to know - thanks!

Charlie is a Great Guy, he may even have suggestions for alternatives.
Posted By: EddieSouthgate Re: Screwed up... - 08/12/22
Nope , never sold one so no remorse . I have given a few away though, no remorse there either.
Posted By: Ogdonia Re: Screwed up... - 08/25/22
Tom,

I bought the TXL and click reel from you. Absolutely love it. Fished with it in the Young Women's Ck drainage back in July before everything dried up here in northern PA.

John
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Screwed up... - 08/25/22
Oh yeah, that was you! I'm really glad you are enjoying it. It's hard not to like a Sage. I think the newer WF 0 floater creek line might be a better choice than the longer WF 1 weight I think I had on it. Worth a look if you ever need to replace the line.
Posted By: Ogdonia Re: Screwed up... - 08/25/22
Thanks for that advice Tom. I will keep it in mind.

John
© 24hourcampfire