Home
Posted By: 100grNP Rcbs vibratory case cleaner? - 07/27/21
My ten year old case cleaner sounds likes its about to take a dump. Motor takes a minute to get going but once it's going it will run all day. Anyone ever seen one act like that? Think rcbs will be any help?
My motor came apart after about 20 years. I epoxied it back together and it made it about another 6 months. I think the warranty on them is only a year. Call RCBS and see what they say.
I replaced it with a drum type with SS media. Contrary to almost everyone else's experience, for the type of use I have, I liked the vibratory better (typically small batch and quick cleaning).
I might get another one one of these days.
I've had my Lyman 1200 for 25 years and used the hell out of it. Still works great.
Originally Posted by 100grNP
My ten year old case cleaner sounds likes its about to take a dump. Motor takes a minute to get going but once it's going it will run all day. Anyone ever seen one act like that? Think rcbs will be any help?

No, out of warranty and they list only bowl and lid in their parts book.
Originally Posted by 100grNP

Still have my RCBS cleaner. Been out of use for a long time. Works perfectly. You pay shipping & I’ll be more than happy to let you have it.
My RCBS finally took a dirt nap, so I upgraded to a bigger Lyman 2500 Turbo. Love it. Its quiet and it polishes a lot of cases..

RCBS replaced my first one when it went tits up. When the new one did the same after about three years, RCBS said “Sorry”. Now I’m using a gifted old Hornady that is working fine, but is really noisy. Not sure what I’ll get to replace it when the time comes.
I thought RCBS had a supposedly lifetime warranty? I guess you could give Frankford arsenal or Lyman a try after this hornady case cleaner plays out. I haven’t heard a bad thing about the Lyman vibratory case cleaner.
Originally Posted by houston1
I thought RCBS had a supposedly lifetime warranty? I guess you could give Frankford arsenal or Lyman a try after this hornady case cleaner plays out. I haven’t heard a bad thing about the Lyman vibratory case cleaner.

A lot of things are lifetime warranty, but nobody but nobody offers a lifetime warranty on electrical equipment. From owners manual,

TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Congratulations on the purchase of your new RCBS Vibratory Case Polisher. Your new Vibratory Case Polisher is warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. This warranty is extended only to the original consumer purchaser. Should you believe that your Vibratory Case Polisher is defective in material or workmanship, you must return it to RCBS, postage paid, for evaluation. If defective, the product will be repaired or replaced at RCBS’s option, at no charge.
© 24hourcampfire