Home
Was in a Sportsman's Warehouse in Albany Oregon this evening...

they had ONE box on the Shelf.... $71.00 for a box of 50.....

Just passing it on..... I think all the Nosler Bullets I will end up shooting in my life time.. I already own...
Originally Posted by Seafire

Just passing it on..... I think all the Nosler Bullets I will end up shooting in my life time.. I already own...

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in them right now as well buddy. I'm like you and email those corksuckers. Let them over at SPS know that they are not doing themselves any favors., People will remember. Loyal fans are starting to go elsewhere. Me included, and I let them know too. They also closed the doors for customers. They say because of state restrictions concerning covid. This from SPS:

NOTICE
Our Showroom at Shooters Pro Shop Headquarters is closed to retail traffic until further notice due to state restrictions in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

They may dig themselves a hole too deep to crawl out of. At the prices we are seeing Nosler components and ammo, I think a lot of us are side stepping them.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in them right now as well buddy. I'm like you and email those corksuckers. Let them over at SPS know that they are not doing themselves any favors., People will remember. Loyal fans are starting to go elsewhere. Me included, and I let them know too. They also closed the doors for customers. They say because of state restrictions concerning covid. This from SPS:

NOTICE
Our Showroom at Shooters Pro Shop Headquarters is closed to retail traffic until further notice due to state restrictions in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

They may dig themselves a hole too deep to crawl out of. At the prices we are seeing Nosler components and ammo, I think a lot of us are side stepping them.

Damn right Gentlemen, i've noticed the same thing, nosler inflating prices and sps butt fu-king loyal customers, they can both shove those bullets up their ass, i have plenty, when they're gone i'll buy others brands, in fact just bought 10 boxes of the little 100gr Grand Slams and 5 boxes of 58gr vmax for my 243 Winchester, the deer, coyotes, crows and pigs wont know or care what they just got hit with.
Originally Posted by gunner500

NOTICE

Damn right Gentlemen, i've noticed the same thing, nosler inflating prices and sps butt fu-king loyal customers, they can both shove those bullets up their ass, i have plenty, when they're gone i'll buy others brands, in fact just bought 10 boxes of the little 100gr Grand Slams and 5 boxes of 58gr vmax for my 243 Winchester, the deer, coyotes, crows and pigs wont know or care what they just got hit with.

I’ll echo Gunners thoughts. It’s BS. I like Partitions but truth be told they aren’t that good and there are 10 or more better options these days. Probably more that I’m not thinking of.

I’ll never pay more for a Nosler PT than I would for an A-Frame or similar.
Never have tried their E-Tip but, when I saw last week the .308" 182 grain for 28 bucks per 50, I sprung for a few to try out.
They also had a box of 55 gr 22 cal Varmaggedon bullets... ya know, the ones that were like $15 a box under Trump?

They like just under $29.00 for a box of 100....so that is like a 90% increase in price...

Must have something to do with the State Legalizing Dope, and also a lot of other drugs {" in small user quantities"....

guess hitting the bong helps every one make it thru the day over there in Bend.

another great company down the drain... they must be supporting Biden...

Can you imagine Leupold trying to raise their prices 90% on their scopes? if they weren't stoned like they are over in Bend, they would notice how big of a flop that would be.
"Was in a Sportsman's Warehouse in Albany Oregon this evening...

Just passing it on..... I think all the Nosler Bullets I will end up shooting in my life time.. I already own..."

Was that a box of 50 or a box of 20? I guess it doesn't seem all that bad to me if it was for a box of 50.
They also had a box of 55 gr 22 cal Varmaggedon bullets... ya know, the ones that were like $15 a box under Trump?

They like just under $29.00 for a box of 100....so that is like a 90% increase in price...

Must have something to do with the State Legalizing Dope, and also a lot of other drugs {" in small user quantities"....

Can you imagine Leupold trying to raise their prices 90% on their scopes? if they weren't stoned like they are over in Bend, they would notice how big of a flop that would be.

Great thread buddy. It is a shame really. Last summer I was working in the Bend/Redmond area putting up some structural steel and talking to the job site foreman, he said Bend is booming. There is an influx of Californians moving in. Along with legalizing dope, you got dope heads moving in making things much worse. I generally have hope that things will improve, such as reloading components and ammo prices, but witnessing how Bend has changed, doesn't give me much hope for Nosler. Like I said earlier, John Nosler would be pretty damn disappointed in how his company has turned.. You are not alone in your thoughts. Look at some of the guys that have responded. My buddy Gunner, who shoots more than I do and Scotty who I first saw posting threads in the Nosler reloading website/forums. There he was never afraid of posting pics of his targets. He's a shooter for damn sure and has probably burned up a literal ton of Nosler bullets, as I'm sure you have too. They (Nosler/SPS) don't reply to my emails and I try to keep them professional and to the point. That is an indication that they could care less about their long time customers, but more about the almighty dollar. With that attitude, they will continue to spiral out of control and lose more business. Eventually pricing themselves into extinction.

Yea me Too. About 5-6 years ago I bought 6 boxes of 50 from SPS .Overuns or ? Some has cannelures,some didn't. $13/box

Oh boy… those 55’s are available over at sps right now for $21 bucks a 100. Good ol seafire when things aren’t going his way everyone must be smoking dope and doing lines of coke lol..
Originally Posted by saddlesore

Yea me Too. About 5-6 years ago I bought 6 boxes of 50 from SPS .Overuns or ? Some has cannelures,some didn't. $13/box

Back in 72 bought a Chevy 4x4 for $3600 new out the door..

Great thread buddy. It is a shame really. Last summer I was working in the Bend/Redmond area putting up some structural steel and talking to the job site foreman, he said Bend is booming. There is an influx of Californians moving in. Along with legalizing dope, you got dope heads moving in making things much worse. I generally have hope that things will improve, such as reloading components and ammo prices, but witnessing how Bend has changed, doesn't give me much hope for Nosler. Like I said earlier, John Nosler would be pretty damn disappointed in how his company has turned.. You are not alone in your thoughts. Look at some of the guys that have responded. My buddy Gunner, who shoots more than I do and Scotty who I first saw posting threads in the Nosler reloading website/forums. There he was never afraid of posting pics of his targets. He's a shooter for damn sure and has probably burned up a literal ton of Nosler bullets, as I'm sure you have too. They (Nosler/SPS) don't reply to my emails and I try to keep them professional and to the point. That is an indication that they could care less about their long time customers, but more about the almighty dollar. With that attitude, they will continue to spiral out of control and lose more business. Eventually pricing themselves into extinction.

Man where you been? their been an influx of Californians moving to bend area since 1988.. Bend at one time had 3 saw mills, they tore the last one down 26-27yrs ago now that whole area is movie theatre, brewery, and restaurants.
Originally Posted by TRnCO
"Was in a Sportsman's Warehouse in Albany Oregon this evening...

Just passing it on..... I think all the Nosler Bullets I will end up shooting in my life time.. I already own..."

Was that a box of 50 or a box of 20? I guess it doesn't seem all that bad to me if it was for a box of 50.

Not loaded ammo, component bullets.
And whoever is buying factory firsts is an idiot anyhow.. I will buy the poor man’s partition the hornady interlock can get 2 boxes of 100 for the price of one box of 50 firsts.
A180 is a elk or moose bullet, a expensive choice for paper.
Originally Posted by 79S

Man where you been? their been an influx of Californians moving to bend area since 1988.. Bend at one time had 3 saw mills, they tore the last one down 26-27yrs ago now that whole area is movie theatre, brewery, and restaurants.

Yeah, you lived a lot closer to Bend than I do. Generally the only time I went there was when I was going to Winnemucca to see family. Now they bypassed that place and shortened the drive by an hour by going through Prineville. One of the best things that could have happened. The good thing about that is there are a couple damn good gunshops in Prineville. Win win...
Originally Posted by 79S
And whoever is buying factory firsts is an idiot anyhow.. I will buy the poor man’s partition the hornady interlock can get 2 boxes of 100 for the price of one box of 50 firsts.

Amen.. At least SPS used to be a good option. Now not so much...
Originally Posted by 79S

Yeah, you lived a lot closer to Bend than I do. Generally the only time I went there was when I was going to Winnemucca to see family. Now they bypassed that place and shortened the drive by an hour by going through Prineville. One of the best things that could have happened. The good thing about that is there are a couple damn good gunshops in Prineville. Win win...

Prineville had 4 maybe 5 sawmills, that was a true timber town as well, Burns had 1 or maybe 2 as well. That was the time to be in Oregon, you either went to college or picked up a saw and worked in the woods or worked in the sawmill.. Boy did they cut some big timber out of the Deschutes National forest, the Ochocoas weren't to far behind. But good ol Billy Clinton and his environmental loons in Department of Interior lead to the downfall of the timber industry in Oregon and now look what Oregon has become. Mt Hood National forest big ol doug firs but the moratorium on logging old growth to save the spotted owl shut all the mills down from Pine grove to Maupin.
Originally Posted by beretzs

NOTICE

I’ll echo Gunners thoughts. It’s BS. I like Partitions but truth be told they aren’t that good and there are 10 or more better options these days. Probably more that I’m not thinking of.

Yep, i'll look at the 180gr Hornadys or Barnes LRX for my 7 Masher when the 160 ab's are gone, will check to see what i can stabilize with the 8 twist Bart.

NOTICE

Yep, i'll look at the 180gr Hornadys or Barnes LRX for my 7 Masher when the 160 ab's are gone, will check to see what i can stabilize with the 8 twist Bart.

There are so many danged good bullets now it isn't a big deal to me to find something else myself. I am using the 175 Accubonds currently in my gun and pay the extra for them as firsts. I guess I am irritated they have raised 2nds to the same danged price or nearly so as 1st's from a normal seller. I usually hunt with a Bitterroot anyhow, so it doesn't really matter.
I quit Nosler back in 07/08, Hornady cheaper and shoot just as good. Same with Sierra, overpriced.

Bergers, I'll pay more for them because IME they shoot so well, they're worth it. The 180gr./284'' Hybrid shoots bug-holes in my 280ai.
Agreed big buddy B, it's more the idea than the money, cut hay with a crook on halves one year, i spent money bush hogging that field the next year not to do business with him, i'll spend extra to avoid thieves on principal, idgas about money, hate greedy someb's, just checked, my 8 twist will spin the 180 hornady as well as the 168 LRX, that Barnes at 3200 fps should be a hell of a bull saw!
Agreed big buddy B, it's more the idea than the money, cut hay with a crook on halves one year, i spent money bush hogging that field the next year not to do business with him, i'll spend extra to avoid thieves on principal, idgas about money, hate greedy someb's, just checked, my 8 twist will spin the 180 hornady as well as the 168 LRX, that Barnes at 3200 fps should be a hell of a bull saw!

Yes sir. Same here Gunner.

I have a bunch of those 168 LRX's myself. Not sure why but I haven't tried them myself. I'd bet a buck you'd get them up over 3100 quite easily and I am sure they'd carry some serious attitude at distance.

I have a bunch of those 168 LRX's myself. Not sure why but I haven't tried them myself. I'd bet a buck you'd get them up over 3100 quite easily and I am sure they'd carry some serious attitude at distance.

You bet, and drill a hole in a bull from the last rib forward out the shoulder, i may have to try to find some, i can load the 3.6" in the old H&H mag box.
I for one will continue to use partitions when I hunt elk. I’m thinking about using a smaller caliber than I normally use on whitetail and if so, I’ll be using partitions.
To me partitions are the bullets all the other premium bullets are trying to equal.

As far as SPS being closed due to the state’s COVID law - move to another state SPS.

You bet, and drill a hole in a bull from the last rib forward out the shoulder, i may have to try to find some, i can load the 3.6" in the old H&H mag box.

Without a doubt. Mine is set up the same. I think I can get out to 3.610" or a bit more in mine.

Originally Posted by Bugger
I for one will continue to use partitions when I hunt elk. I’m thinking about using a smaller caliber than I normally use on whitetail and if so, I’ll be using partitions.
To me partitions are the bullets all the other premium bullets are trying to equal.

As far as SPS being closed due to the state’s COVID law - move to another state SPS.

Bugger, ain't nothing wrong with them, but I don't believe they do anything any better than a bunch of others that are costing much less these days. While I haven't had major issues getting them to shoot, typically they aren't the most accurate in any rifle I own. Plenty good though 95% of the time. I have used a bunch of them and will continue to use what I have stocked up on.

You guys need not worry about drilling holes through shoulders with the Barnes TTSX or LRX. I used my little 7mm08 a few months ago on a bull. Drilled holes right on through both shoulders with the 140gr TTSX. I pm'd Scotty about that hunt and bullet. Those Barnes only cost me $25/box:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Found those last summer, so you can still find great prices on good bullets. I also decided to run the 175gr LRX in my 300wby:

For chidts and giggles, I was messing around with the 165 TSX that I found for cheap last year. I'd probably run a 130 or 150gr in a 308win, but the 165's are pretty accurate and work very well in my 06's and 300wm:

And my light 300WSM, well you get the idea:

I've always loved the partitions. They do an excellent job on critters and they shoot very well in my rifles. But until they get their chidt together, I'll be using different bullets.
They seem determined to become the Leupold of bullet makers.
since I am the OP on the thread... I was just reading the posts of others....

had a thought and had to laugh....

I am assuming, that most members or posters at like me...

They are that age, where they have more than enough bullets to last their entire life time...

so why are we worried... NOT really worried about Noslers prices.. Just disappointed that they are getting like DemocRats... " Never let a Good Crisis go to Waste"..

Hornady nor Speer are getting greedy and taking advantage of the situation...

so if I drop a few bucks on a box of bullets, it won't be hard to figure what company's name is on the box...

Oh boy… those 55’s are available over at sps right now for $21 bucks a 100. Good ol seafire when things aren’t going his way everyone must be smoking dope and doing lines of coke lol..

Yeah John, you are from the Same Oregon I live in....

yeah, you now good and well most folks smoke dope in this state...

But in Josephine County, the only people doing lines of Coke are CA transplants...

The substitute drug of choice is Meth...

Guess you've been up in AK for a while.. and haven't been home recently, say in the last 10 years...

but its all good.. didn't need to spend $29 on a box of 100 of Varmaggeddon Bullet in 55 grain, when I probably have 3 or 4,000 of them at home, and about 5,000 or so of the 40 grainer Varmaggeddon...that cost me about 10 cents a bullet instead of the 30 cents a bullet, the one box on the shelf current costs...

just had a seasonal supply of Speer Varmint bullets show up on the Brown Truck, for about 10 cents a bullet.. that do just as well as the 30 cent Nosler bullets...

whether the local Beavis and Buttheads are smoking dope, doing Meth or Coke with the California Beavis and Buttheads...

cheers.
I used to be a Nosler homer, through and through.

I’ve switched to Hornady, almost exclusively.

And I’m in Bend twice a month, selling drugs, so I’ve seen some changes in the last 10 years.

P

Yeah John, you are from the Same Oregon I live in....

yeah, you now good and well most folks smoke dope in this state...

But in Josephine County, the only people doing lines of Coke are CA transplants...

The substitute drug of choice is Meth...

Guess you've been up in AK for a while.. and haven't been home recently, say in the last 10 years...

but its all good.. didn't need to spend $29 on a box of 100 of Varmaggeddon Bullet in 55 grain, when I probably have 3 or 4,000 of them at home, and about 5,000 or so of the 40 grainer Varmaggeddon...that cost me about 10 cents a bullet instead of the 30 cents a bullet, the one box on the shelf current costs...

just had a seasonal supply of Speer Varmint bullets show up on the Brown Truck, for about 10 cents a bullet.. that do just as well as the 30 cent Nosler bullets...

whether the local Beavis and Buttheads are smoking dope, doing Meth or Coke with the California Beavis and Buttheads...

cheers.

The Oregon I left was still a decent state a lot of blue dog democrats, but with the demise of the timber industry. Oregon went downhill from their. I have no desire to ever set foot in that state again. I did make a stop their in 2016 we had the to stay the night when our plane to Korea had to turn around and make an emergency landing in Portland. But I have not been back their and visited family since 2008. I plan on keeping it that way.
Well there are a lot worse places ( government wise) than Oregon.....

Home for me was predominantly metro Washington DC....my high school parking lot was 20 miles or less from the Pentagon Parking Lot...
Ft Belvoir and Quantico were just down I 95... Went to college in Boston.... Lived 15 years in Minnesota, Twin City Metro Area, Spent time in the Puget Sound area,
First at Ft Lewis ( Madigan), and then a couple years working at the University of Wash Hospital..

NEVER going back to any of those places.. Here's slowly going down hill but to nowhere near the level of any of those other places above that I have spent time...

Alaska is too far from anything for my tastes and my Minnesota wife has NO Desire to ever go back to anywhere with what she considers cold weather...

For each of us, guess its a perspective....no where is what it use to be.. anywhere in the country....

Cheers and Best Regards anyway.

Alaska is too far from anything for my tastes.

That’s what makes Alaska so great…. Most don’t and will never get it..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
3.610" will dang sure work big buddy B, more room to run the slow burners for velocity is where it's at.

LOL, you got a nice set of drill bits there BSA, i'll be looking for as much b.c. as i can stabilize in the 7 Masher, 168 LRX or some sort of Hammer bullet, i know those would work on even very heqvy game up close should that happen, dont know same about a 180 Horn eld on a moose shoulder at 50 yards, my 7 Masher would boot the 180 horn out at 3000 fps.

Slightly off topic, but does apply to affording nosler bullets if one were inclined to do so, i sold my old M1 Garand and 550 rounds of 168gr Sierras to a kid in town, yesterday went to OKC to see an old Bud and bought a new Springfield M!A 'Loaded" with beautiful walnut, National Match 6 groove barrel, NM trigger and sights,, ordered 300 168gr Amax and a Maglula loader for the M1A at MidwayUSA, bought 3lbs 4064 from a Bud, have 231 new sticks WW 308 brass in the shop, laid three boxes of CCI-200's on the dies waiting on bullet order, had enough left to bank 700 cash! cool...............................Amax's were 41 bucks a hundred, loaded them in cart, dropped to 35 bucks a box, spose there are ways around corporate greed ; ]
I was looking for a new deer load and found these in stock so I bought 8 boxes. Cheaper than most any 308 out there right now.

HORNADY 308 Win 168 Gr A-Max Black 2700 FPS 20 Pack $26.39

https://www.kygunco.com/product/hornady-80971-308-win-168-gr-a-max-black-2700-fps-20-pack
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Good stuff, save that brass and reload it with the same bullet later for even more savings.
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

When I separated from the military I was stationed in Coronado CA. I went North to Oregon. I should have kept going.
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

When I separated from the military I was stationed in Coronado CA. I went North to Oregon. I should have kept going.

We were caribou hunting few hours later we got a couple caribou. Hell one was harvested with a nosler 120gr etip 😁.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

We were caribou hunting few hours later we got a couple caribou. Hell one was harvested with a nosler 120gr etip 😁.

If I were a younger man...
I've got a couple of 180's.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Brad

I've about 10 boxes of firsts on the shelf myself.
The gold label bag I paid $11.95 for (I think I went through 8 of them - have 1.5 left). The rest were under $17.95 per 50ct.

Laughin' here........................yeah, you've got a few.

Partition's are still my all-time favorite BG bullet.

MM
Triple or quadruple your money on those Brad, grins.
3.610" will dang sure work big buddy B, more room to run the slow burners for velocity is where it's at.

LOL, you got a nice set of drill bits there BSA, i'll be looking for as much b.c. as i can stabilize in the 7 Masher, 168 LRX or some sort of Hammer bullet, i know those would work on even very heqvy game up close should that happen, dont know same about a 180 Horn eld on a moose shoulder at 50 yards, my 7 Masher would boot the 180 horn out at 3000 fps.

Slightly off topic, but does apply to affording nosler bullets if one were inclined to do so, i sold my old M1 Garand and 550 rounds of 168gr Sierras to a kid in town, yesterday went to OKC to see an old Bud and bought a new Springfield M!A 'Loaded" with beautiful walnut, National Match 6 groove barrel, NM trigger and sights,, ordered 300 168gr Amax and a Maglula loader for the M1A at MidwayUSA, bought 3lbs 4064 from a Bud, have 231 new sticks WW 308 brass in the shop, laid three boxes of CCI-200's on the dies waiting on bullet order, had enough left to bank 700 cash! cool...............................Amax's were 41 bucks a hundred, loaded them in cart, dropped to 35 bucks a box, spose there are ways around corporate greed ; ]

We have lots of options for a 1-8 Mashburn. I kinda think that 168 LRX will be a ripper too. Might need to just give it a whirl with my 175 load I am currently using. Might be an easy back up load.
Originally Posted by Joe
Never have tried their E-Tip but, when I saw last week the .308" 182 grain for 28 bucks per 50, I sprung for a few to try out.

Yep. What nobody appears to be thinking through is other companies are or will be raising prices, and SPS prices will be looking rather attractive. The price of everything is going up--including lead, copper, labor, and transportation, to name a few.......

Cool. I've got enough 150g NPt's to wear out a couple 270 bbls. I still have one bag left of 6mm 95g BT's that I paid $6.99 per bag for.

Of course, those days are long gone.......
The gold label bag I paid $11.95 for (I think I went through 8 of them - have 1.5 left). The rest were under $17.95 per 50ct.

Yeah I have a ton of bullets from Nosler that are factory seconds and overruns... but more along that sort of price range....

before they went to drug dealer prices....
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Joe

Yep. What nobody appears to be thinking through is other companies are or will be raising prices, and SPS prices will be looking rather attractive. The price of everything is going up--including lead, copper, labor, and transportation, to name a few.......

and don't forget GREED....
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Joe

OMG Debbie Downer. You will bend over and hand them the vaseline jar too... The rest of us will tell them to go get fu cked. It takes all kinds I guess...

Yeah I have a ton of bullets from Nosler that are factory seconds and overruns... but more along that sort of price range....

before they went to drug dealer prices....

They might as well be drug dealers. Guys like alpinerick give them a lot of vaseline..
I thought to look at this thread cuz this is supposedly a RELOADING forum, but it's a bunch of people whining about bullet prices.

Thanks for the info.
Originally Posted by Demonical
I thought to look at this thread cuz this is supposedly a RELOADING forum, but it's a bunch of people whining about bullet prices.

Thanks for the info.

yer welcum...
Nosler's and SPS's prices have gotten ridiculous. I have a few boxes of Partitions left in various cals but have mainly switched to Hornady Interlocks. I've almost always have gotten better accuracy with the Interlocks than Partitions and they've never left me wanting.
The price of copper set a record last month lead is down from 2 years ago but still plenty high.

I would say this is not going to change any time soon. The greenies would like to shut down copper production.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all.
Originally Posted by Demonical

Thanks for the info.

That’s funny.

You took the time to respond.
Originally Posted by Ghostman
Nosler's and SPS's prices have gotten ridiculous. I have a few boxes of Partitions left in various cals but have mainly switched to Hornady Interlocks. I've almost always have gotten better accuracy with the Interlocks than Partitions and they've never left me wanting.

I’m not convinced SPS prices are “ridiculous” so much as I think they were an absolute steal for a dozen or more years… now they’re likely priced a bit more realistically, especially given what’s happening globally, and the contrast is a bit startling.

But I’d have no qualms shooting Interlocks for the rest of my life.

I’m not convinced SPS prices are “ridiculous” so much as I think they were an absolute steal for a dozen or more years… now they’re likely priced a bit more realistically, especially given what’s happening globally, and the contrast is a bit startling.

But I’d have no qualms shooting Interlocks for the rest of my life.

When demand comes off, prices will come down--or go on sale.

For those who think we are going to be buying components at early 2020 prices it ain't gonna happen. We won't see primers at $30 a brick, we won't see most powders at $30 a pound.

The MSRP of most of the Hodgdon Extreme powders is now $49.99.

OMG Debbie Downer. You will bend over and hand them the vaseline jar too... The rest of us will tell them to go get fu cked. It takes all kinds I guess...

It's about being aware of the world you live in. The 'fire can be quite the echo chamber.

Copper is at a all time high.
Lead is at a all time high.
Antimony sulfide is at a all time high (most of it comes from China BTW).
Transportation is at a all time high (price of diesel is $4-$5 a gallon in case you haven't noticed).
Companies are screaming for labor and paying premium wages and benefits when they can find somebody to hire.

Last year this time Barnes couldn't get empty tractor-trailer rigs in enough quantity to ship all their bullets and ammo.. They hired independent truckers to drive their tractors all over the western US to pick up empty trailers and bring them back to the plant in Utah--and paid those truckers premium prices to do so.
I looked at Alpines prices and the didn’t seem high to me, nothing I need or needed though.
Now not mentioning any names but there is a couple guys on here trying to retire on selling bullets after they assss rape you.
Saying " oh well, what can we do" isn't going to help anything for consumers...

We speak with our wallet....I'm saying no most of the time to this crap. I run a business, so folks aren't telling me anything I don't already know...

but I don't also wait for democRats to be back in office... I routinely bought things for my needs, under Trump when pricing was getting low

I have no issue with anyone who wants to pay those prices.... so they shouldn't have an issue with those of us who think " I don't think so" with their pricing...

if and when their business starts falling off they will figure that out...

others are evidently contacting them, because I've seen some stuff with falling prices since I started this thread...

I am sure they are testing the waters to see what they might get away with, while the market might be in that mode... but I don't think it is good business practices in general.

some people it won't matter, to others it will.....

but if you rape your customer base when there is another DemocRat produced disaster in the world.... folk seem to remember that... I certainly do...

do a good turn to the customers.. they will remember that also...

its all a numbers game anyway. Businesses should chose wisely... not play the odds...if they want to stay in business long term...

but its Nosler's business.. they will live and/or die by the decisions they make.. I wish them well. I'm not going to be standing by their front door with my credit card in hand any time in the near future....
I just skimmed through the thread quickly, so I apologize if I missed it, but I failed to find the post(s) where someone tries to feed us the bullshirt that Nosler is actually doing us a big favor by pricing the bullets so high because that will discourage people from hoarding and maintain an available supply for those of us who really want/need a box now and then.
When Partition prices started going up and I started having issues with them on game seemed to be about the same time- about three years ago or so... I started looking for an alternative I could afford to try in a bunch of different calibers without breaking the bank. I settled on Accubonds to try and glad I did. They are about half the price of the Partitions (but going up now also) and I've had excellent accuracy and on game performance with them. I was pretty pissed a couple months ago when I went through Bend and the SPS store was closed to the public. I wonder if they plan on reopening now that the mask mandate is over?

Bob
Originally Posted by Sheister
When Partition prices started going up and I started having issues with them on game seemed to be about the same time- about three years ago or so... I started looking for an alternative I could afford to try in a bunch of different calibers without breaking the bank. I settled on Accubonds to try and glad I did. They are about half the price of the Partitions (but going up now also) and I've had excellent accuracy and on game performance with them. I was pretty pissed a couple months ago when I went through Bend and the SPS store was closed to the public. I wonder if they plan on reopening now that the mask mandate is over?

Bob

Not likely to open the store IMO. They already have more demand than product, why pay people to run a store front when you have no inventory to sell them?
When I was there they were selling a lot more than bullets. They had rifles, books, hunting clothing, and a lot of other inventory they sell. I guess I just assumed this was their way to keep people coming in and interested in the Nosler name... time will tell I guess...
Originally Posted by Sheister
When I was there they were selling a lot more than bullets. They had rifles, books, hunting clothing, and a lot of other inventory they sell. I guess I just assumed this was their way to keep people coming in and interested in the Nosler name... time will tell I guess...

Same here. It was a nice little shop.
© 24hourcampfire