N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Seafire

Alaska is too far from anything for my tastes.

That’s what makes Alaska so great…. Most don’t and will never get it..

[Linked Image]

When I separated from the military I was stationed in Coronado CA. I went North to Oregon. I should have kept going.

We were caribou hunting few hours later we got a couple caribou. Hell one was harvested with a nosler 120gr etip 😁.

If I were a younger man...

“Factio democratica delenda est"
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've got a couple of 180's.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Brad

I've about 10 boxes of firsts on the shelf myself.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The gold label bag I paid $11.95 for (I think I went through 8 of them - have 1.5 left). The rest were under $17.95 per 50ct.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Laughin' here........................yeah, you've got a few.

Partition's are still my all-time favorite BG bullet.

MM

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Triple or quadruple your money on those Brad, grins.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
3.610" will dang sure work big buddy B, more room to run the slow burners for velocity is where it's at.

LOL, you got a nice set of drill bits there BSA, i'll be looking for as much b.c. as i can stabilize in the 7 Masher, 168 LRX or some sort of Hammer bullet, i know those would work on even very heqvy game up close should that happen, dont know same about a 180 Horn eld on a moose shoulder at 50 yards, my 7 Masher would boot the 180 horn out at 3000 fps.

Slightly off topic, but does apply to affording nosler bullets if one were inclined to do so, i sold my old M1 Garand and 550 rounds of 168gr Sierras to a kid in town, yesterday went to OKC to see an old Bud and bought a new Springfield M!A 'Loaded" with beautiful walnut, National Match 6 groove barrel, NM trigger and sights,, ordered 300 168gr Amax and a Maglula loader for the M1A at MidwayUSA, bought 3lbs 4064 from a Bud, have 231 new sticks WW 308 brass in the shop, laid three boxes of CCI-200's on the dies waiting on bullet order, had enough left to bank 700 cash! cool...............................Amax's were 41 bucks a hundred, loaded them in cart, dropped to 35 bucks a box, spose there are ways around corporate greed ; ]

We have lots of options for a 1-8 Mashburn. I kinda think that 168 LRX will be a ripper too. Might need to just give it a whirl with my 175 load I am currently using. Might be an easy back up load.

Semper Fi
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Joe
Never have tried their E-Tip but, when I saw last week the .308" 182 grain for 28 bucks per 50, I sprung for a few to try out.

Yep. What nobody appears to be thinking through is other companies are or will be raising prices, and SPS prices will be looking rather attractive. The price of everything is going up--including lead, copper, labor, and transportation, to name a few.......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Cool. I've got enough 150g NPt's to wear out a couple 270 bbls. I still have one bag left of 6mm 95g BT's that I paid $6.99 per bag for.

Of course, those days are long gone.......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The gold label bag I paid $11.95 for (I think I went through 8 of them - have 1.5 left). The rest were under $17.95 per 50ct.

Yeah I have a ton of bullets from Nosler that are factory seconds and overruns... but more along that sort of price range....

before they went to drug dealer prices....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Joe
Never have tried their E-Tip but, when I saw last week the .308" 182 grain for 28 bucks per 50, I sprung for a few to try out.

Yep. What nobody appears to be thinking through is other companies are or will be raising prices, and SPS prices will be looking rather attractive. The price of everything is going up--including lead, copper, labor, and transportation, to name a few.......

and don't forget GREED....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Joe

OMG Debbie Downer. You will bend over and hand them the vaseline jar too... The rest of us will tell them to go get fu cked. It takes all kinds I guess...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Seafire

Yeah I have a ton of bullets from Nosler that are factory seconds and overruns... but more along that sort of price range....

before they went to drug dealer prices....

They might as well be drug dealers. Guys like alpinerick give them a lot of vaseline..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
I thought to look at this thread cuz this is supposedly a RELOADING forum, but it's a bunch of people whining about bullet prices.

Thanks for the info.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Demonical
I thought to look at this thread cuz this is supposedly a RELOADING forum, but it's a bunch of people whining about bullet prices.

Thanks for the info.

yer welcum...

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Nosler's and SPS's prices have gotten ridiculous. I have a few boxes of Partitions left in various cals but have mainly switched to Hornady Interlocks. I've almost always have gotten better accuracy with the Interlocks than Partitions and they've never left me wanting.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The price of copper set a record last month lead is down from 2 years ago but still plenty high.

I would say this is not going to change any time soon. The greenies would like to shut down copper production.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Demonical

Thanks for the info.

That’s funny.

You took the time to respond.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostman
Nosler's and SPS's prices have gotten ridiculous. I have a few boxes of Partitions left in various cals but have mainly switched to Hornady Interlocks. I've almost always have gotten better accuracy with the Interlocks than Partitions and they've never left me wanting.

I’m not convinced SPS prices are “ridiculous” so much as I think they were an absolute steal for a dozen or more years… now they’re likely priced a bit more realistically, especially given what’s happening globally, and the contrast is a bit startling.

But I’d have no qualms shooting Interlocks for the rest of my life.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

I’m not convinced SPS prices are “ridiculous” so much as I think they were an absolute steal for a dozen or more years… now they’re likely priced a bit more realistically, especially given what’s happening globally, and the contrast is a bit startling.

But I’d have no qualms shooting Interlocks for the rest of my life.

When demand comes off, prices will come down--or go on sale.

For those who think we are going to be buying components at early 2020 prices it ain't gonna happen. We won't see primers at $30 a brick, we won't see most powders at $30 a pound.

The MSRP of most of the Hodgdon Extreme powders is now $49.99.

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (22250rem, 1minute, 2500HD, 204guy, 17CalFan, 222ND, 62 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,938
Posts18,480,042
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.