Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Was in a Sportsman's Warehouse in Albany Oregon this evening...

they had ONE box on the Shelf.... $71.00 for a box of 50.....

Just passing it on..... I think all the Nosler Bullets I will end up shooting in my life time.. I already own...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Seafire

Just passing it on..... I think all the Nosler Bullets I will end up shooting in my life time.. I already own...

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in them right now as well buddy. I'm like you and email those corksuckers. Let them over at SPS know that they are not doing themselves any favors., People will remember. Loyal fans are starting to go elsewhere. Me included, and I let them know too. They also closed the doors for customers. They say because of state restrictions concerning covid. This from SPS:

NOTICE
Our Showroom at Shooters Pro Shop Headquarters is closed to retail traffic until further notice due to state restrictions in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

They may dig themselves a hole too deep to crawl out of. At the prices we are seeing Nosler components and ammo, I think a lot of us are side stepping them.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in them right now as well buddy. I'm like you and email those corksuckers. Let them over at SPS know that they are not doing themselves any favors., People will remember. Loyal fans are starting to go elsewhere. Me included, and I let them know too. They also closed the doors for customers. They say because of state restrictions concerning covid. This from SPS:

NOTICE
Our Showroom at Shooters Pro Shop Headquarters is closed to retail traffic until further notice due to state restrictions in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

They may dig themselves a hole too deep to crawl out of. At the prices we are seeing Nosler components and ammo, I think a lot of us are side stepping them.

Damn right Gentlemen, i've noticed the same thing, nosler inflating prices and sps butt fu-king loyal customers, they can both shove those bullets up their ass, i have plenty, when they're gone i'll buy others brands, in fact just bought 10 boxes of the little 100gr Grand Slams and 5 boxes of 58gr vmax for my 243 Winchester, the deer, coyotes, crows and pigs wont know or care what they just got hit with.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunner500

NOTICE

Damn right Gentlemen, i've noticed the same thing, nosler inflating prices and sps butt fu-king loyal customers, they can both shove those bullets up their ass, i have plenty, when they're gone i'll buy others brands, in fact just bought 10 boxes of the little 100gr Grand Slams and 5 boxes of 58gr vmax for my 243 Winchester, the deer, coyotes, crows and pigs wont know or care what they just got hit with.

I’ll echo Gunners thoughts. It’s BS. I like Partitions but truth be told they aren’t that good and there are 10 or more better options these days. Probably more that I’m not thinking of.

I’ll never pay more for a Nosler PT than I would for an A-Frame or similar.

Semper Fi
J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Never have tried their E-Tip but, when I saw last week the .308" 182 grain for 28 bucks per 50, I sprung for a few to try out.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
IC B2

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
They also had a box of 55 gr 22 cal Varmaggedon bullets... ya know, the ones that were like $15 a box under Trump?

They like just under $29.00 for a box of 100....so that is like a 90% increase in price...

Must have something to do with the State Legalizing Dope, and also a lot of other drugs {" in small user quantities"....

guess hitting the bong helps every one make it thru the day over there in Bend.

another great company down the drain... they must be supporting Biden...

Can you imagine Leupold trying to raise their prices 90% on their scopes? if they weren't stoned like they are over in Bend, they would notice how big of a flop that would be.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
"Was in a Sportsman's Warehouse in Albany Oregon this evening...

Just passing it on..... I think all the Nosler Bullets I will end up shooting in my life time.. I already own..."

Was that a box of 50 or a box of 20? I guess it doesn't seem all that bad to me if it was for a box of 50.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
They also had a box of 55 gr 22 cal Varmaggedon bullets... ya know, the ones that were like $15 a box under Trump?

They like just under $29.00 for a box of 100....so that is like a 90% increase in price...

Must have something to do with the State Legalizing Dope, and also a lot of other drugs {" in small user quantities"....

Can you imagine Leupold trying to raise their prices 90% on their scopes? if they weren't stoned like they are over in Bend, they would notice how big of a flop that would be.

Great thread buddy. It is a shame really. Last summer I was working in the Bend/Redmond area putting up some structural steel and talking to the job site foreman, he said Bend is booming. There is an influx of Californians moving in. Along with legalizing dope, you got dope heads moving in making things much worse. I generally have hope that things will improve, such as reloading components and ammo prices, but witnessing how Bend has changed, doesn't give me much hope for Nosler. Like I said earlier, John Nosler would be pretty damn disappointed in how his company has turned.. You are not alone in your thoughts. Look at some of the guys that have responded. My buddy Gunner, who shoots more than I do and Scotty who I first saw posting threads in the Nosler reloading website/forums. There he was never afraid of posting pics of his targets. He's a shooter for damn sure and has probably burned up a literal ton of Nosler bullets, as I'm sure you have too. They (Nosler/SPS) don't reply to my emails and I try to keep them professional and to the point. That is an indication that they could care less about their long time customers, but more about the almighty dollar. With that attitude, they will continue to spiral out of control and lose more business. Eventually pricing themselves into extinction.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S

Yea me Too. About 5-6 years ago I bought 6 boxes of 50 from SPS .Overuns or ? Some has cannelures,some didn't. $13/box

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oh boy… those 55’s are available over at sps right now for $21 bucks a 100. Good ol seafire when things aren’t going his way everyone must be smoking dope and doing lines of coke lol..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by saddlesore

Yea me Too. About 5-6 years ago I bought 6 boxes of 50 from SPS .Overuns or ? Some has cannelures,some didn't. $13/box

Back in 72 bought a Chevy 4x4 for $3600 new out the door..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Great thread buddy. It is a shame really. Last summer I was working in the Bend/Redmond area putting up some structural steel and talking to the job site foreman, he said Bend is booming. There is an influx of Californians moving in. Along with legalizing dope, you got dope heads moving in making things much worse. I generally have hope that things will improve, such as reloading components and ammo prices, but witnessing how Bend has changed, doesn't give me much hope for Nosler. Like I said earlier, John Nosler would be pretty damn disappointed in how his company has turned.. You are not alone in your thoughts. Look at some of the guys that have responded. My buddy Gunner, who shoots more than I do and Scotty who I first saw posting threads in the Nosler reloading website/forums. There he was never afraid of posting pics of his targets. He's a shooter for damn sure and has probably burned up a literal ton of Nosler bullets, as I'm sure you have too. They (Nosler/SPS) don't reply to my emails and I try to keep them professional and to the point. That is an indication that they could care less about their long time customers, but more about the almighty dollar. With that attitude, they will continue to spiral out of control and lose more business. Eventually pricing themselves into extinction.

Man where you been? their been an influx of Californians moving to bend area since 1988.. Bend at one time had 3 saw mills, they tore the last one down 26-27yrs ago now that whole area is movie theatre, brewery, and restaurants.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TRnCO
"Was in a Sportsman's Warehouse in Albany Oregon this evening...

Just passing it on..... I think all the Nosler Bullets I will end up shooting in my life time.. I already own..."

Was that a box of 50 or a box of 20? I guess it doesn't seem all that bad to me if it was for a box of 50.

Not loaded ammo, component bullets.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And whoever is buying factory firsts is an idiot anyhow.. I will buy the poor man’s partition the hornady interlock can get 2 boxes of 100 for the price of one box of 50 firsts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A180 is a elk or moose bullet, a expensive choice for paper.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

Man where you been? their been an influx of Californians moving to bend area since 1988.. Bend at one time had 3 saw mills, they tore the last one down 26-27yrs ago now that whole area is movie theatre, brewery, and restaurants.

Yeah, you lived a lot closer to Bend than I do. Generally the only time I went there was when I was going to Winnemucca to see family. Now they bypassed that place and shortened the drive by an hour by going through Prineville. One of the best things that could have happened. The good thing about that is there are a couple damn good gunshops in Prineville. Win win...

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
And whoever is buying factory firsts is an idiot anyhow.. I will buy the poor man’s partition the hornady interlock can get 2 boxes of 100 for the price of one box of 50 firsts.

Amen.. At least SPS used to be a good option. Now not so much...

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Yeah, you lived a lot closer to Bend than I do. Generally the only time I went there was when I was going to Winnemucca to see family. Now they bypassed that place and shortened the drive by an hour by going through Prineville. One of the best things that could have happened. The good thing about that is there are a couple damn good gunshops in Prineville. Win win...

Prineville had 4 maybe 5 sawmills, that was a true timber town as well, Burns had 1 or maybe 2 as well. That was the time to be in Oregon, you either went to college or picked up a saw and worked in the woods or worked in the sawmill.. Boy did they cut some big timber out of the Deschutes National forest, the Ochocoas weren't to far behind. But good ol Billy Clinton and his environmental loons in Department of Interior lead to the downfall of the timber industry in Oregon and now look what Oregon has become. Mt Hood National forest big ol doug firs but the moratorium on logging old growth to save the spotted owl shut all the mills down from Pine grove to Maupin.

Last edited by 79S; 01/05/22.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by beretzs

NOTICE

I’ll echo Gunners thoughts. It’s BS. I like Partitions but truth be told they aren’t that good and there are 10 or more better options these days. Probably more that I’m not thinking of.

Yep, i'll look at the 180gr Hornadys or Barnes LRX for my 7 Masher when the 160 ab's are gone, will check to see what i can stabilize with the 8 twist Bart.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by beretzs

NOTICE

Yep, i'll look at the 180gr Hornadys or Barnes LRX for my 7 Masher when the 160 ab's are gone, will check to see what i can stabilize with the 8 twist Bart.

There are so many danged good bullets now it isn't a big deal to me to find something else myself. I am using the 175 Accubonds currently in my gun and pay the extra for them as firsts. I guess I am irritated they have raised 2nds to the same danged price or nearly so as 1st's from a normal seller. I usually hunt with a Bitterroot anyhow, so it doesn't really matter.

Semper Fi
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1minute, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,210 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,927
Posts18,479,845
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.