Home
Posted By: BigGnTn Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24
I just got in some new brass (bottle necked) with several case mouths pretty jacked. But, I definitely don’t think they’re past saving. My thoughts are to run them through a mandrel die first. Or, adjust the expander to enter about the same time the neck is entering the taper portion of the die. What process are y’all using? This is brass that’s a little tough to get right now.
Size it.
Trim it.
Posted By: BigGnTn Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Size it.
Trim it.
That easy huh?
Full length size.

Trim, chamfer and load.

Same as any other new brass.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Full length size.

Trim, chamfer and load.

Same as any other new brass.
I’ll give one case a go and see how it turns out. The brass is folded inwards but not over. Far worse than the typical though.
Posted By: 219 Wasp Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24
If they are really bad use a tapered punch, insert in the neck by hand and we and wa it around by hand. (Technical term)
Originally Posted by 219 Wasp
If they are really bad use a tapered punch, insert in the neck by hand and we and wa it around by hand. (Technical term)
This was kind of my thinking with using the tapered mandrel before FLS die.
Your location says middle of b c. Is that British Columbia kind of BC?
Posted By: 219 Wasp Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24
Yes, North Thompson,40 miles north of Kamloops.
Spent about a half year in Alberta on business. I know someone that lives in Kamloops. Spent a few nights there on the way to Victoria Island. Drove across the whole province obviously.
Or send pics of bad brass to manufacturer and see if they will exchange for good pieces.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Or send pics of bad brass to manufacturer and see if they will exchange for good pieces.
Unfortunately, this was bought from an individual so there’s nothing to trade it out for. Gotta just straighten them out.
This works.
You can also insert needle nose plies and twist them around in the mouth until it's open enough to run through the sizing die.
Originally Posted by MickinColo
You can also insert needle nose plies and twist them around in the mouth until it's open enough to run through the sizing die.
I like it. Thanks
Posted By: beretzs Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24
Yup, I just run them into the expander mandrel or into the expander part of a FL die. No big deal.
Posted By: Chuck_R Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24
Originally Posted by BigGnTn
This was kind of my thinking with using the tapered mandrel before FLS die.

That's what I do. IF they're really bad, I just use a mandrel several calibers smaller and work my way up.
Posted By: memtb Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24

^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^ memtb
Posted By: Gojoe Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Size it.
Trim it.

Lightly lube inside the case neck too.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24
FL Sizing Virgins,is THE dumbest fhuqking thing you can do to brass. Hint.

Virgins as a minimum,get NSO'd,to ascertain/uniform constriction. The also get VLD inside case mouth deburring,after sizing. Hint.

Depending upon chambering,said flavor of Virgins and dimensional sametitude of brass,it might get it's neck bumped up,so I can positive headspace a false shoulder. Very often so on belted cases,especially,if I can't procure a larger diameter of same. Hint...............
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24
I use a Lee Collet die on new brass.
Lee makes nothing but Dog Schit and I'd not compromise a string affixed to a Duck Decoy with one. Hint..............
As expected, the sucker takes the bait.

Hint .........
SuperKchunt,

Rest assured,that your STUPIDITY isn't "bait",but rather a plight and them differences are beyond "stark"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooting it all then some,while you set on the sidelines of Life,hoping to not schit your pants. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute" by Pretending aloud. Don't "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
What just happened?
SuperKchunt likes to Pretend,that her STUPIDITY is on purpose. Hint.

She's never even "seen" a sound rifle,let alone "shot" one,but "gets" to Pretend aloud. Hint.

Coming full circle,headspace control is paramount and starts with Virgins. FL fhuqking that up,is VERY fhuqking funny schit. Key on EVERY rifle,is to make a headspace determination,then feed it Virgins that control same. Hint.

To make schit easy,exactly what rifle are you working with and exactly what brass. Hint.

Just sayin'............
What just happened?

You've been hijacked.
Facts reliably hurt TENDER Feelers. You'd do well to simply shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same. Hint.

Just sayin'..............
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24
Larry the dink strikes again
Fortunately for you and your ilk,Whining is free...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon Splendid Wares that exist,while you "reload" colored water in your SuperSoaker. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............
😂🤣
Originally Posted by MickinColo
What just happened?

You've been hijacked.

Well, most understood the question......

I use the rounded sides of needle nose to make em round enough to poke in a die. Even badly squashed one's can be saved.
Posted By: TexasTBag Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24
Originally Posted by Big Stick
FL Sizing Virgins,is THE dumbest fhuqking thing you can do to brass. Hint.

Virgins as a minimum,get NSO'd,to ascertain/uniform constriction. The also get VLD inside case mouth deburring,after sizing. Hint.

I typically just size the necks with a fl die or use a bushing with expander for virgins but had a batch recently with more run out then I would like. Not sure if it’s the die or something else. Is NSO’d neck sizing OD as in no expander?

Thanks
LOL ... The Great Alaskan Hobbit got had.

Nice salmon coloured AIRSOFT pew pew. Did you get that from one of your pards for Valentine's Day?

Laughing ........
Larry’s lookin for his hair piece
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24
Use a pick or a punch or a plier to get it back to close then FL size and rock on. You might want to anneal if they have not been before.
Posted By: sbrmike Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24
I use a carpenter's Nail Set to round collapsed necks. It is a cheap, readily available tapered punch.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/15/24
I usually run the expander through the neck to get uniform neck tension. If they’re dented too much for the expander to enter the neck, I use a tapered punch to open them up.

300 H&H, 35 Whelen and 375 cases get bumped up a bit and then sized to the original diameter just enough to give slight resistance on chambering in order to establish a good shoulder.
Posted By: Bob338 Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/16/24
Yes, North Thompson,40 miles north of Kamloops.
Skied up there a couple of times. Great snow!
Posting irrelevant pictures is irrelevant. Screams "look at me!".
Posted By: BigGnTn Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/16/24
Originally Posted by drop_point
I didn’t see the correlation between the pictures and salvaging damaged, hard to find brass. I learned a long time back to always remain teachable. Which means not being too proud to ask questions and learn from others. They may only confirm your own thoughts, or they might just pose something you haven’t considered. You’ll never know if aren’t humble enough to ask. Once you’re a know it all, everyone around you is aware, you earn the badge you deserve and everyone loses interest in sharing anything. We’ve all met them.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/16/24
Ladies,

Keep filling out your Hurt Feeler Reports,so as to correlate your Professional Victim Status,you magnificently Whining CLUELESS Kchunts. Hint.

Skookum wares,will reveal processes and components which bear fruit. One of many reasons the OP is afraid to cite the particulars of her Goat Fhuqk. Hint.

From yesterday. 7" RPM Montucky Lilja Speedmire,NSO Alpha,positive headspace,200's,'4831 and a Smooched 88. ES/SD in single digits. I'm not in love with the NightFarce 2.5-10x C461 Mil-R,but it is mechanically sound to the 1350yd line. Hint.

Just sayin'.................
Okay Little Twig, we get it.
Sweetheart,

I'm more than happy to be,whatever your Imagination and Pretend NEED most. Hint.

Yesterday were a typical "slow" day,flogging on glass ala TTT's. Hint.

Fhuqking POS $2000 Reupold MK5 HD 3.5-18x "tracks" like Stevie Fhuqking Wonder at the 50yd line,aboard my 18lb Bart' barreled Vudoo. Pretty fhuqking funny! Hint.

(3) shots less erector travel and (2) with. Hint.

HILARIOUSLY,you "get" nothing and it's funnier than fhuqk,when a Whining CLUELESS Kchunt transforms herself into a "we". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Nobody has hurt feelings, you're just wasting bandwidth and taking attention away from the OP's desired discussion. I could spam with hundreds of photos, too. That wouldn't make me right, intelligent, or on topic.
I didn’t see the correlation between the pictures and salvaging damaged, hard to find brass. I learned a long time back to always remain teachable. Which means not being too proud to ask questions and learn from others. They may only confirm your own thoughts, or they might just pose something you haven’t considered. You’ll never know if aren’t humble enough to ask. Once you’re a know it all, everyone around you is aware, you earn the badge you deserve and everyone loses interest in sharing anything. We’ve all met them.

So are you going to straighten them, or toss them?? Let us know which method you choose, and what works, if you decide to salvage them.
To answer the OP, mandrel dies often work just fine for the topic. You will, however, get different neck tension on that first loading that subsequent loads. To me, that doesn't matter because the first firing is for fire-forming.

If you want to have more relevant data, compare the "headspace" of your new brass to brass fired from your chamber. But if you want to start initial load development, size the necks and don't push the shoulders back any with your FL die, then use the mandrel you'll be using from that point forward.
Karen,

Your Hurt Feeler Reports are HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon simplistic Facts upsetting you so,as you set astride your Couchbound Kchunt "living" vicariously,practicing your Professional Victim status. Hint.

The OP is afraid to cite any/all particulars of her Goat Fhuqk,which is more than touch "telling". Hint.

Bless your heart for crying though. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/16/24
Did you throw that in the bushes as well Larry
Your Whining Brokedicktitude is fhuqking HILARIOUS,as you set glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel. Hint.

No bushes here. Hint.

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
So are you going to straighten them, or toss them?? Let us know which method you choose, and what works, if you decide to salvage them.
I am definitely going to try to straighten them. I can’t afford to throw them away. I’m going to use a combination of all the suggestions mentioned starting with the ole Canadian we and wa.
Divulge particulars,if only because it will be funnier than fhuqk. Hint...............
Fully aware that I will be flamed but way back I ordered a Lee decapping, and sizing stem in .30 caliber, which I used to open up the brass from a .270 to .30 caliber and then made a false shoulder using my .280 RCBS dies. I bought this stem after lots of looking and I liked the taper better. I also used it in my Lee universal de-capping die. I did not lose a case out of a hundred. Lee has some products that work good, and some maybe not so good. My old original hand primer is the best. Too bad they quit making it. miles
What a said, pathetic existence to believe that people are jealous of you. You can't seem to stay on topic, but post irrelevant photos. What a fragile ego you must have. You are to be pitied.
Your Whining Brokedicktitude is fhuqking HILARIOUS,as you set glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel. Hint.

No bushes here. Hint.

You threw it in a lake😂
Originally Posted by milespatton
Fully aware that I will be flamed but way back I ordered a Lee decapping, and sizing stem in .30 caliber, which I used to open up the brass from a .270 to .30 caliber and then made a false shoulder using my .280 RCBS dies. I bought this stem after lots of looking and I liked the taper better. I also used it in my Lee universal de-capping die. I did not lose a case out of a hundred. Lee has some products that work good, and some maybe not so good. My old original hand primer is the best. Too bad they quit making it. miles

Hornie is THE path of least resistance,as such things are not chambering specific. The utility is MUCHLY. Hint.

Now as to the 280 and it's MANY flavors,I'd never not start at the fhuqking start and that means Lapooey Twat-Six Virgins. Even on THE Incredible HULK(Bart',MacaMillion,Shilen double ouncer,yada,yada,yada),whether .796 BC 180 ELD Form Loads,or .838 BC Beer Cans in the real. I like my throats cut for a 3.585" COAL 180 ELD Smooch,as it plays nice with Beer Cans and allows land chasing,whether 280,280 AI or 7mm RemMag. Hint.

Pardon my inability,to factor what Crying Karen is complaining about now,as she furiously fills out Hurt Feeler Report and brandishes her Professional Victim Status...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Little Larry could literally just type: "My standard response" and it would save her the trouble.
Karen,

Keep filling out Hurt Feeler Reports and standing SOLID in your Professional Victim status...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

LaBamba is yet another SERIOUS Bitch and it too,sips from Lapooey Twat-Six Virgin splendor. Hint.

The Nifty/NASTY Fhuqker sips from AICS magwell. Google as you MUST and Pretend as you do. Hint.

Though I've never even seen a flush mounted MDT mag. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist,as you DREAM aloud. Hint.

That’s bad ass Larry 😎
More pictures of [bleep] that doesn't add to the topic. No, as I've proven time and time again, I have lots of [bleep] and don't "dream" of your crummy rifles. Keep trying to feed your ego, princess. We know what you're going to say before you say it. You're a broken record. Typing "hint" all the time makes you a moron. Why don't you add something useful for a change? Or maybe you can show us your [bleep] scope mounting job again?
You gals should form a faction,so as to solve who thinks about me,the MOST times a day and conclude a "winner". Hint.

I'll donate a pair of socks,I've worn while shooting,so that you "we" gals can sniff your fierce allegiance. Hint.

Rest ASSURED,the Imagination,Pretend and Emoji's will be FREE,so as to not "compromise" your "budgets". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
Nobody thinks about you, princess. You keep inserting yourself.

Maybe you should teach us your magic in scope mounting?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
My budget? I’ve got $10,000 rifles setups. Keep trying

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com].

Posting photos doesn’t solve any problems, but anybody can do it.
Crying Karen,

Your countless very WELL founded Insecurities,are fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint Congratulations?!?

Not citing with your struggles on REALITY. HINT.

Roughly,how many times a day do you think about me? HINT.

While you are "NOT" thinking about me,how come my pictures consume you? HINT.

Bless your heart,for "living" vicariously.

HINT...............
Crying Karen,

Your countless very WELL founded Insecurities,are fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint Congratulations?!?

Not citing with your struggles on REALITY. HINT.

Roughly,how many times a day do you think about me? HINT.

While you are "NOT" thinking about me,how come my pictures consume you? HINT.

Bless your heart,for "living" vicariously.

HINT...............

Awww poor thing. The real question is whether or not you believe your bullshit, or you’re just a troll. While you post the same thing over and over again, I’m out there killing it! But keep protecting your fragile ego.

Tell me little dick, where did you learn scope mounting?

Crying Karen,

Kudos on your penchant to lie in the dirt with men and broadcast your RAGING Estrogen Levels...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That DESPITE your "pledge",that I don't resolve your EVERY thought. Hint.

Little dick,

Where did you learn to mount scopes?

Weeeeerrrrllldddd Clawwwsssssssssseeee!
Crying Karen,

I'm VERY "surprised" that you are still thinking about me,with your HomoErotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That DESPITE your "pledge",that I don't resolve your EVERY thought. Hint.

Larry who does ur barrel engraving
Tiny cock, still won't tell us about your scope mounting skills? Maybe you can tell us about the copy-paste template you always respond with when your ego is in danger of being shattered! What a pathetic joke. Is that why you can't find a woman?
Ladies,

Perhaps you can conjoin your Hurt Feeler Reports and save a tree...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

In the mean time,you can bullschit one another,that thoughts of me do not CONSUME your existence,while extolling your HomoErotic Fantasies. Hint.

Bless your hearts for Trying.

Hint.

More of the same....

You got this on copy-paste?

Posted By: SuperCub Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/16/24
I really do use Lee collet dies on new brass. Rise up to take that bait you dolt.
Drip Kchunt,

I'm VERY "surprised",that you fixate me,despite stating you "don't"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying and Whining.

Hint.

Only dies I use are Lee
Tell me little dick, where did you learn scope mounting?

In all fairness, that is pretty fuc ked up.......
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/17/24
Larry is lookin for his hair piece again🤦‍♂️
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/17/24
Ladies,

Scream aloud,while wearing your Pussy Hats...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!. Hint.

Polymer eccentrics grant 40 MOA,along with the issued 20 MOA rail and 60 is a nice place to be. Hint.

Just sayin'...............
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/17/24

............ Salmon.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I am definitely going to try to straighten them. I can’t afford to throw them away. I’m going to use a combination of all the suggestions mentioned starting with the ole Canadian we and wa.

Good luck with it. I know how it is, regarding hard to find brass. I hope you get them ironed out!!
When this is the quality of work you do, stop posting pictures and stop giving advice.

Posted By: Seafire Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/17/24
I did wonder how this thread got so long, but as soon as I see that the Dwarf of PoW Island chimed in, that quickly explained that. Imagine how lonely some idiot has to be, to go so far out of his way, to cry to the world " I'm right here!!! Give me attention PLEASE!!!!" My favorite thing that Schtick does, that I want to see pictures of, is the several times every couple of months, he falls down the out house hole, because he's drunk while taking a dump. It takes him several days to climb out, since no one is around putting up with him. I WANT TO SEE THAT DOCUMENTED SO WELL, as he attempts to do on everything else... thinking anyone is actually interested. Even his old Emergency Response Team has given up on him, finally realizing what an idiot he is...

BUT back on topic.

I didn't see anyone post about my simple way to solve the OPs problem. I pick up plenty of range brass, that has been fired in some sort of semi auto firearm, and in ejecting the spent case, often ends up mangling the neck. I have found that by simply taking the spindle out of the die, I can size it full length and by doing it slowly ( but not that slow, just don't ram it) it will usually take that out of round ding right out of the neck.. if it doesn't do it in the first try, the second time usually will.

If I have a Hornady Universal neck sizing die, in that bore diameter, that will also put the neck right back into the position you need it to reload the case once again.

Two simple ways. One has no cost attached to it, or roughing up the brass's neck ( removing the spindle)
The Hornady Universal Neck sizer die, usually cost me about $20 or less, so I have a fair number on hand. I take the decapping pin off of the spindle and I've had 20 and 30 years of service out of these type of dies... for $20 or less.

Just passing on what has worked for me...

Back on OFF TOPIC.... Stumpy, go get drunk and fall down the outhouse hole again, and leave the world alone for a couple of days, while you struggle to get out once again....or have you finally figured out to just put a rope down there to make it easier to climb out when you fail down it every couple of weeks...even with two working brain cells, you'll finally get the right idea... while down the hole in a pile of schitt, at least it gives you some time to sober up....until ya get out.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/17/24
Originally Posted by SuperCub

............ Salmon.

I saw the same picture on another site.

you don't think short, dopey and stupid looking has been swiping pics from other people on other sites, and acting like that they were actually his instead?

Naw, Schtick is an upstanding and righteous kind of guy. He wouldn't do something like that WOULD HE?? it must be the reason his wife left him the day after their daughter graduated High School. But Schtick does keep her memory alive, by using all the junior high school girls, nail polish choices behind, which he uses to "camo" some of his rifles? Unless he uses it up, using it on his own nails, to attract other gay guys down at the bar in town. Lotta of social reject kind guys like Stumpy all over the place in rural Alaska....
Posted By: BigGnTn Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/18/24
Here’s the update: 1. I took a form and trim die with a neck of the same caliber so that the neck diameter was not able to distort past OD. 2. Then used the “we and wa” method that our BC neighbor and others recommended to prepare for next step. 3. Took a pair of round needle nosed pliers and turned them incrementally into the neck as the taper increased until the necks were right back where they belonged.

I worked them over and straightened them so quickly that I regretted making a post which turned into a platform for “Little Twig” to exhibit his demented behavior. Thanks to all of you who were actually trying to be helpful.
use a die
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/18/24
Originally Posted by anothergun
use a die
Well well anothercunt is back
Posted By: BigGnTn Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/18/24
use a die
I did. Sort of.
Originally Posted by earlybrd
use a die

you boys need a reminder to get back to the basics
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/18/24
Originally Posted by earlybrd
use a die

you boys need a reminder to get back to the basics
LOL
But I doo reckon yall ain't quite there yet.. still tryin to figure things out
Originally Posted by Seafire
I did wonder how this thread got so long, but as soon as I see that the Dwarf of PoW Island chimed in, that quickly explained that. Imagine how lonely some idiot has to be, to go so far out of his way, to cry to the world " I'm right here!!! Give me attention PLEASE!!!!" My favorite thing that Schtick does, that I want to see pictures of, is the several times every couple of months, he falls down the out house hole, because he's drunk while taking a dump. It takes him several days to climb out, since no one is around putting up with him. I WANT TO SEE THAT DOCUMENTED SO WELL, as he attempts to do on everything else... thinking anyone is actually interested. Even his old Emergency Response Team has given up on him, finally realizing what an idiot he is...

BUT back on topic.

I didn't see anyone post about my simple way to solve the OPs problem. I pick up plenty of range brass, that has been fired in some sort of semi auto firearm, and in ejecting the spent case, often ends up mangling the neck. I have found that by simply taking the spindle out of the die, I can size it full length and by doing it slowly ( but not that slow, just don't ram it) it will usually take that out of round ding right out of the neck.. if it doesn't do it in the first try, the second time usually will.

If I have a Hornady Universal neck sizing die, in that bore diameter, that will also put the neck right back into the position you need it to reload the case once again.

Two simple ways. One has no cost attached to it, or roughing up the brass's neck ( removing the spindle)
The Hornady Universal Neck sizer die, usually cost me about $20 or less, so I have a fair number on hand. I take the decapping pin off of the spindle and I've had 20 and 30 years of service out of these type of dies... for $20 or less.

Just passing on what has worked for me...

Back on OFF TOPIC.... Stumpy, go get drunk and fall down the outhouse hole again, and leave the world alone for a couple of days, while you struggle to get out once again....or have you finally figured out to just put a rope down there to make it easier to climb out when you fail down it every couple of weeks...even with two working brain cells, you'll finally get the right idea... while down the hole in a pile of schitt, at least it gives you some time to sober up....until ya get out.

Some people suffer from legitimate disorders:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pseudobulbar-affect/symptoms-causes/syc-20353737#:~:text=Pseudobulbar%20affect%20(PBA)%20is%20a,way%20the%20brain%20controls%20emotion.
Posted By: buffybr Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/18/24
I can't believe that this thread is up to 5 pages for a simple fix to a common problem that was answered by every post (except the last one) on the first page.
not hard to believe 5 pages man..... but some people who like to dig too deep on such a simple process

USE A DIE was the right answer, but some think other wise.
use a die
I did. Sort of.

SORT OF.....that's why this form is goofy
Posted By: BigGnTn Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/19/24
use a die
I did. Sort of.

I posted what I did.
use a die
I did. Sort of.

I posted what I did.

He's a troll.

Shows up now and again to do troll stuff here in the reloading section. He seems to get off on making the simple threads as many pages as he can.

Just don't feed the troll.

If he isn't a troll then he's squarely in Stick's camp not understanding your question. Only a dumbass would insist on jambing a bent to hell case neck/mouth in a die expecting magical things to happen without straightening it a bit first.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/20/24
Roughly, how many times a day do you think about me? HINT.

I can't believe you said that to another man. That is soooo creepy.
Posted By: BigGnTn Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/20/24
Originally Posted by Feral_American
use a die
I did. Sort of.

I posted what I did.

He's a troll.

Shows up now and again to do troll stuff here in the reloading section. He seems to get off on making the simple threads as many pages as he can.

Just don't feed the troll.

If he isn't a troll then he's squarely in Stick's camp not understanding your question. Only a dumbass would insist on jambing a bent to hell case neck/mouth in a die expecting magical things to happen without straightening it a bit first.
Gotcha
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 02/25/24
Shefire,

Your Opiate Addled Whining Brokedicktitude,is almost as hilarious as the Fact that you are a Lying Piece Of CLUELESS Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you "get" to Dream and Pretend aloud. Hint.

.620 BC's at 2820fps Dasher,is a rather nice place to be,with single digit ES/SD. Google as you MUST. Hint.

DroolPoint,

How many times a day,do you think about me...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You gals should duel for THE Title. Hint.

Fhuqking Laughing!....................

SuperKchunt,

Your Man Lust Fantasies are hardly "secreted"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Funnier than fhuqk,that you had to steal your Avatar to boot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

You gals are a "rugged" lot. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying!.....................
Posted By: Stan V Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 03/08/24
You gals should form a faction,so as to solve who thinks about me,the MOST times a day and conclude a "winner". Hint.

I'll donate a pair of socks,I've worn while shooting,so that you "we" gals can sniff your fierce allegiance. Hint.

Rest ASSURED,the Imagination,Pretend and Emoji's will be FREE,so as to not "compromise" your "budgets". Hint.

LMAO!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 03/08/24
I'll start opening Mail here in a bit and get The Kchunts crying. Hint.

Posted By: Nestucca Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 03/09/24
I’m glad the original poster got it figured out as it’s pretty easy to take care of that situation and I understand his concern with hard to get brass. As far as twiggy coming in and taking over something and trying to insult everybody while making himself look like a fool he has such a hard on for new brass getting ran through Fl sizing die and being oversized to which I think is fuucking hilarious (hint). From my experience unless you buy Petersen long brass, most all your new brass is under sized and running it through a full length die won’t change jack shiit other than straighten the neck. Now the after the first firing and it expands to the chamber dimensions is different story and then you can oversize it.(hint) fuucking laughing. Now before you get all spun up Twiggy and come back with a tirade making yourself look like a fool I fire form all my new brass with cream of wheat before sizing to get the headspace that I want. Laughing
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 03/09/24
I'll start opening Mail here in a bit

Posts public announcement telling all about pending mail. Feeling neglected again?

News flash .... No one cares about your mail. Laughing. Hint.
If you guys can't stay on the subject, then shut up.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 03/10/24
Originally Posted by SlickLizard
If you guys can't stay on the subject, then shut up.

LOL ...... Alrighty then. smile
Posted By: buffybr Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 03/15/24
Just to keep this overly long thread open... grin

At the range the other day, there was a lot of shiny .45 acp brass on the ground in the bay where I was shooting my pistols. Normally I don't pick up .45 acp brass because I have more than a lifetime supply at home, but a lot of these were on the concrete and easy to pick up, so I picked up 30 or so of them.

They were once fired RA 65 cases, and, to keep in line with this thread, most of them needed to have their case mouths straightened as they had at least one flat side of the case mouth. Some case mouths looked like triangles or squares. They all had crimped primer pockets.

Over the years I've made a bunch of case mouth long taper expanding plugs that fit in a case mouth expanding die that I bought. My collection of expanding plugs didn't have one large enough to fully expand a .45 acp case, so I spent about an hour and made a new one. Usually I make these expanding plugs from steel bolt shafts, but just for 30 cases, I decided to just make an expander out of a brass rifle case, and a 6.5 Creedmore case looked like it would work.

I first de-caped the fired primer from the 6.5 C case, then drilled out the flash hole with a 5/32" drill and threaded it with a 10-32 tap. I then cut off about 2/3 of the case neck, and used a couple of my other case neck expanding plugs to open this case neck to .35 caliber. I slightly decreased the first 1/2" of the body of the case just behind the shoulder by sizing it in a .44 mag size die. I then decreased the diameter of a round head 10-32 x 3/4" machine screw to fit inside the case, and tightened that screw so the threads stuck out of the base of the case and screwed into my case expanding die.

This whole process took less time than this did to write it down on this forum thread.

Some of the badly bent .45 acp case mouths I had to straighten a little with a needle nose pliers, but most of them quickly fully rounded with one pass with my new expanding die plug. They looked so good that I went ahead and straightened the mouths of all of the other cases. Then a quick cut on a countersink drill bit removed all of the primer pocket crimps.

I just finished washing, drying, and tumbling these cases and they look like they are "new out of the box."

And I now have a .45 acp case mouth expanding plug if I ever want to straighten .45 case mouths. laugh
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 03/15/24
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I'll start opening Mail here in a bit

Posts public announcement telling all about pending mail. Feeling neglected again?

News flash .... No one cares about your mail. Laughing. Hint.

SuperKchunt,

I'm VERY "surprised" that you continue to think about me,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute",as you Pretend aloud. Simply pardon ware that exist. Hint.

The Mail has been "slow" the last coupla days. Hint.

Keep filling out your Professional Victim Hurt Feeler Reports,while trying to convince yourself that you "don't care",as you "live" vicariously. Don't "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. HINT.

Posted By: SuperCub Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 03/16/24
The Mail has been "slow" the last coupla days. Hint.

Cool .... You got a neato sticker too.

I'm humbled by the sheer volume of cool stuff you get. I could never do that, but then I'm sitting on 1.15 million in pension and savings instead and more coming in daily, not to mention totally debt free. House and newer vehicles included. How's you're retirement future looking. All those scopes will surely help. Laffin'
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 03/16/24
SuperKchunt,

I'm VERY "surprised!",that you were thinking about me,yet again,if only to escape suffering being you for fleeting moments...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep filling out Hurt Feeler reports,as you extoll your very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Pardon wares that exist,while I'm not forced to suffer your "means","abilities" or "comprehension". Hint.

Keep filling out your Professional Victim Hurt Feeler Reports,while trying to convince yourself that you "don't care",as you "live" vicariously. Don't "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. HINT.

Just as I thought. You don't have a pension, just a pile of scopes and other assorted trinkets. Laffin'
SuperKchunt,

Your financial frets ain't mine,but at least you can "afford" to "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist and the use of same,as you set astride your Couchbound Kchunt,TRYING to "convince" yourself,that you "could too". Hint.

Your financial frets ain't mine,but at least you can "afford" to "live" vicariously.

No frets here. How's that freedom 85 working out? Looks like welfare for your golden years. Laffin'
SuperKchunt,

Your Financial Frets are fhuqking HILARIOUS,especially given the Yankee Greenback Exchange Rate...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist and the use of same,as you set astride your Couchbound Kchunt,TRYING to "convince" yourself,that you "could too". Hint.

Posted By: 1minute Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 03/16/24
Size it, shoot it, then do an anal brass prep run.
Start At The Fhuqking Start. Hint.

GOOD brass,GOOD dies,finite headspace control,kiss,find pressure and rock on. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some. Hint.

Just sayin'.............
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 03/16/24
Good shootin Larry 👍
You are sucking the wrong ass. Hint..............
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Case Mouth Straightening - 03/17/24
Your Financial Frets are HILARIOUS, especially given the Yankee Greenback Exchange Rate...

Why do I need US dollars again?

Does Freedom 85 topped up with welfare ring a bell, dumb dumb? The future is bleak for this shortling . Laffin'
© 24hourcampfire