Home
Posted By: rgrx1276 6.5 CM Brass - 04/11/19
Anyone here try Jagemann brass ? Found some for a decent price and thought I would give it a try.

Thanks in advance
Posted By: Dixie_Rebel Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/11/19
I steered clear of it due to spotty reviews.

I bought some 6.5 Creedmoor Peterson brass to try (Hopefully soon, whenever OpticsPlanet finally gets the Forester sizing die I've been waiting for). frown

Starline has good prices and reviews. It may be worth a try. I bought some for my 260 Rem. Hopefully, i can keep the two separated by headstamp.

Posted By: pete53 Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/11/19
best brass made is Lapua brass ,i see no reason to use anything else unless your either P.dog shooting or varmint huntin.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/11/19
For brass that you're likely to lose in the weeds, Hornady bulk brass has been good for me, after annealing it.

For any application where I want the good stuff, Alpha LRP is the one-stop shop, for me.
Posted By: hanco Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/11/19
I like Hornady, cheap enough, good quality
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/12/19
Alpha has no equal.

Hint..............
Posted By: Trystan Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/12/19
Originally Posted by hanco
I like Hornady, cheap enough, good quality

In helping the Son in Law reload some once fired brass for his Ruger Precision I was surprised by the quality of the batch of Hornady 6.5 CM brass we worked with. We put the brass to an RCBS concentricity gauge and it said very good things. Zero banana brass here by my standards and was no need to sort either. Not match grade but pushing that direction IMO.

The price doesn't come close to representing the quality

Trystan
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/12/19
Hornady brass is simply Dog Schit and now you "know" too.

Pass the Alpha and hold the fluff.

Hint...............
Posted By: rgrx1276 Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/12/19
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Alpha has no equal.

Hint..............

Sounds good, I’ll look for some.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/13/19
It'll RUIN you.

Hint...............(grin)
Posted By: Elvis Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/13/19
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
Anyone here try Jagemann brass ? Found some for a decent price and thought I would give it a try.

Thanks in advance

Funny thing. I just ordered 50 Jageman cases for my 6.5CM not five minutes ago. I have no idea what it's like. I only ordered it because I've never seen it before.
Posted By: Fotis Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/14/19
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
For brass that you're likely to lose in the weeds, Hornady bulk brass has been good for me, after annealing it.

Ditto
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/15/19
Hint...........

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fotis Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/15/19
6.5 prc available???
Posted By: HawkI Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/15/19
No, and they don't have stock for a lot of what they make now, since a lot of shooters are getting out of winter.
Posted By: drano 25 Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/15/19
Alpha. Nothing I've tried comes close.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/15/19
Peterson is fhuqking HILARIOUS though,in all fairness!

[Linked Image]

Hint.................
Posted By: sbhooper Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/21/19

For any application where I want the good stuff, Alpha LRP is the one-stop shop, for me.

I have not had issues with Hornady brass. If I was a hair splitter, maybe I would up the expense and try something else. I have gotten several loads out of brass and 1/2 moa, or less, for accuracy. For my purposes, the Hornady has served me well.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/21/19
Originally Posted by sbhooper

I have not had issues with Hornady brass. If I was a hair splitter, maybe I would up the expense and try something else. I have gotten several loads out of brass and 1/2 moa, or less, for accuracy. For my purposes, the Hornady has served me well.

^^^^ same here ^^^^

Easy to find, inexpensive, and sufficiently accurate in every rifle that I've shot it in.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/22/19
I picked up a few creedmoor brass that someone dropped at the range. Had a little triangle with dots in the corners on the headstamps.

Took them home and looked them over and it looks like good stuff. Any idea who makes it?

I missed a bunch of shooting and loading last year and I'm a bit behind on stuff.

Bb
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: 6.5 CM Brass - 04/22/19
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I picked up a few creedmoor brass that someone dropped at the range. Had a little triangle with dots in the corners on the headstamps.

Took them home and looked them over and it looks like good stuff. Any idea who makes it?

I missed a bunch of shooting and loading last year and I'm a bit behind on stuff.

Bb

ADG. Will likely be trying some myself.

John
© 24hourcampfire