Home
Posted By: earlybrd Case bulging after seating - 02/20/21
223 using 25 gr of varget picked up a box of hornady 55gr soft points with cannuler had no trouble loading 60 gr vmax or 55 gr game king brass is full length resized and trimmed
vld chamfer tool.....
Make sure you haven't got the die screwed done to far.
Already had a bunch of brass primed and loaded 70 gr flat base Speer just fine it must be the bullets there hornady #2266 this is the same brass that was bulging
Posted By: grovey Re: Case bulging after seating - 02/22/21
Bulging how/where? The neck?
Bulging at the shoulder
I've bulged cases before.

Takes a lot of ball powder and a long bullet, but it can be done.
I've seen this when the seating die was turned down too far and was over-crimping the case.
Posted By: ttpoz Re: Case bulging after seating - 02/24/21
Originally Posted by lightman
I've seen this when the seating die was turned down too far and was over-crimping the case.

Start here... I've done it
Posted By: colodog Re: Case bulging after seating - 02/24/21
Originally Posted by ttpoz
Originally Posted by lightman

Start here... I've done it

run an empty case into the seating die, If it touches or crimps you've found your problem
If the seating die isn't touching the shoulder measure the dia of your necks before you seat a bullet and then after if there's more than about .004 you might have to use some dry lube. Some dies really size the necks down and if your brass is work hardened you could be getting alot of spring back after the expander button pulls through
© 24hourcampfire