Home
Posted By: fshaw Need Help Finding ,224 Bullets - 01/25/22
I've scoured the internet , including Ammoseek, looking for Speer 75gr Gold Dots and Nosler 70GR Accubonds with out success. If you see or hear of anyone that has either of these available I'd sincerely appreciate a PM.

Thanks.

Frank
Crap! I'll keep an eye out. I just saw 70 Accubonds the other day....
Thanks Ingwe.
How many do you need? I may have some extra
Well if you are looking for the Accubonds, have you tried Shooter's Pro Shop at Nosler...

they sell both, factory seconds and factory firsts... if they don't have any in stock now... they can let you know when they plan to get some into stock.

Shooter's Pro Shop is Nosler's factory outlet......

I'm a big Speer user, but I haven't played with any of the Gold Dots.... their other stuff has been working just fine for me, and they are available...

but supposedly Speer has an outlet store on line... and if not, I know there was a gunshop in Lewiston Idaho, that use to get their factory seconds as an exclusive... a little on line searching should yield some results...
https://www.speer.com/bullets/?prefn1=name&prefv1=Gold%20Dot%20Personal%20Protection|Gold%20Dot%20Rifle%20Component%20Bullet|Gold%20Dot%20Short%20Barrel%20Personal%20Protection%20Bullet

entire page listed each box of bullets as currently unavailable...

guess loaded factory ammo is taking up their entire production capacity....

that was contact Speer directly.

223 cal ammo with the 55 and 75 grain Gold Dot were available as factory loaded ammo tho.
Not mine but here are some heavier 22 bullets.

22 bullets
OSUSig, I’d take what I can get. I have tried Shooters Pro Sho, and every other internet source I can find. Reduced to begging. Gwrench, thanks but know about the cup and core heavies. Saw 2 bucks killed (decisively) with the 77TMK. Looking for full penetration, if possible, with more internal damage than a TSX/TTSX.
I'll see what I have.
I thought I had some extras but they are the 62 grain Gold Dots. My 75's are about gone.
I guess all of the big bullet makers have their hands full making and selling prosaic .224's, 9mm's, and 10mm's for the spray-and-pray magazine dumping crowds and the doomsday preppers.
OSU Sig, thanks for looking.
If the TMK's or a different Sierra or Hornady bullet will work let me know and I'll pick some up and ship them to you.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I guess all of the big bullet makers have their hands full making and selling prosaic .224's, 9mm's, and 10mm's for the spray-and-pray magazine dumping crowds and the doomsday preppers.

There's a lot of truth in that, from what I've seen lately. I also know what Frank is going through, if he's looking for 77TMK's. They are damn hard to find. I have seen the 77 SMKs though. Sold in both the small 50 round boxes and 500 count boxes. That was at Cabela's. 2 different Cabela's in fact. One in Tualatin Or and the others in Reno.

don't forget these guys

https://www.bluecollarreloading.com/collections/hornady
Originally Posted by tikkanut

I have never heard of this outfit. Thanks for sharing the link. I'll use them.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

They used to be a well kept local secret till y’all yankees found out. 😀
Who you callin a yankee?
smile
fshaw, you might try these:

https://www.shootersproshop.com/22-caliber-64gr-bonded-solid-base-100ct-blem.html

Some have said they weren't happy with their accuracy, but I got sufficient for Okie whitetail with Varget and CFE223.
Who you callin a yankee?
smile

yeah how do you get Yankee out of Oklahoma??

sounds like someone might have been a yankee transplant to North Carolina...

Like what do you call a Yankee who moved to Georgia 25 years ago?

a Yankee who happens to live in Georgia....
Haha...
Originally Posted by Seafire
Who you callin a yankee?
smile

yeah how do you get Yankee out of Oklahoma??

sounds like someone might have been a yankee transplant to North Carolina...

Like what do you call a Yankee who moved to Georgia 25 years ago?

a Yankee who happens to live in Georgia....

OK, ok I accept the judgement. Somebody in NC does need to watch the latitude line when when judging yanketude. I plead guilty to a minor brain bubble. But you have to understand, I moved here from the buckle of the Bible Belt; ALABAMA. And in my neck of the woods anything above the state line was either yankee or highly suspect. But in the interest of biblical brotherly love I hereby declare y’all actual Rebels or Honorary Rebels depending not on your state, but on your state of mind. And God bless your little 💕.
nothing derogatory meant Shootem, its all in good fun...

I'm 17th generation Virginian, so my people have been here since 1607 and sometime on the other side before 1619...

so yeah, I am a Confederate descendent... and damn proud of it...

one thing I've always noticed tho, when you get down into Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi etc.
people always think anyone in the next town up the highway, is a Yankee, because they live further north... even if it is still in the same southern state...

but anyone who doesn't think the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia ( which I am descended from many who fought in Lee's Army) is a bad thing,
then they are alright in my book.

Dinny called my attention too them....when he beat me up on my price on some 45 cal XTP's cry

just kiddin

Prices & inventory seem decent...just have more boolits than I can shoot right now

How 'bout 3rd Generation ? Inventory looks dismal........):

https://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/catalog/category/view/s/nosler/id/10248/
Originally Posted by Seafire
nothing derogatory meant Shootem, its all in good fun...

I'm 17th generation Virginian, so my people have been here since 1607 and sometime on the other side before 1619...

so yeah, I am a Confederate descendent... and damn proud of it...

one thing I've always noticed tho, when you get down into Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi etc.
people always think anyone in the next town up the highway, is a Yankee, because they live further north... even if it is still in the same southern state...

but anyone who doesn't think the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia ( which I am descended from many who fought in Lee's Army) is a bad thing,
then they are alright in my book.

Laffin with y’all.
Shootem, I was just playing with you anyway. Hell, I've been called a lot of things worse than a Yankee.

I think...
I left out the part about your 1 bedroom trailer and DarLEEN, your pet goat, those 3 thumbs on your left hand, and how you voted for Biden. 😄😃. Pretty sure that’s the way a difference is usually settled here. laffin. All good. Have a great weekend.
Originally Posted by shootem
I left out the part about your 1 bedroom trailer and DarLEEN, your pet goat, those 3 thumbs on your left hand, and how you voted for Biden. 😄😃. Pretty sure that’s the way a difference is usually settled here. laffin. All good. Have a great weekend.

You don't have to tell everyone all that stuff...
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
fshaw, you might try these:

https://www.shootersproshop.com/22-caliber-64gr-bonded-solid-base-100ct-blem.html

Some have said they weren't happy with their accuracy, but I got sufficient for Okie whitetail with Varget and CFE223.

Shot a buck with one this fall. Between broadside and quartering toward, shot right behind the front shoulder to save meat. No exit, no visible blood, shot was about 30 yards with a 223 bolt gun. Deer didn’t go far but looking for exits with more internal damage that TSX/TTSX.
Too bad you're not looking for 55gr fmj. I have a few of them.
© 24hourcampfire