Home
Posted By: whitearrow federal tipped 20 grain?? - 11/26/19
any of you fellas know exactly what bullet federal is putting in this 17 hornet ammo? they call it tipped 20 grain. also, how does it compare to vmax as far as frangibility and penetration please?
thanks,
Big Ed
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: federal tipped 20 grain?? - 11/27/19
I thought it is a VMAX.
Posted By: ingwe Re: federal tipped 20 grain?? - 11/27/19
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I thought it is a VMAX.

I think it is....
I thought it is a VMAX.

well that just stinks. i was hoping it was something other than a vmax like a nosler bt or varmeggedan or whatever it is they call it. just wanting to try something different in the hornet as the rifle likes hornady's 20 grain vmax but like a true loonie always looking for better i guess. wish i could still find factory loaded hornady 25 grain hp for sale. looks like they are made of unobtainium at the moment.
thanks fellas,
Big Ed
Originally Posted by whitearrow
I thought it is a VMAX.

well that just stinks. i was hoping it was something other than a vmax like a nosler bt or varmeggedan or whatever it is they call it. just wanting to try something different in the hornet as the rifle likes hornady's 20 grain vmax but like a true loonie always looking for better i guess. wish i could still find factory loaded hornady 25 grain hp for sale. looks like they are made of unobtainium at the moment.
thanks fellas,
Big Ed

Pretty much have to reload at this point to get an option besides the vmax in 17H. I'm also curious what bullet is in the Federals, but like the others say it is almost certainly the vmax. I was lucky and when I saw that Hornady had discontinued those 25 grain hp's I found a good deal and went and ordered something like 800 rounds of them to stockpile.
Originally Posted by Aspencreek
Originally Posted by whitearrow
I thought it is a VMAX.

thanks fellas,
Big Ed

Pretty much have to reload at this point to get an option besides the vmax in 17H. I'm also curious what bullet is in the Federals, but like the others say it is almost certainly the vmax. I was lucky and when I saw that Hornady had discontinued those 25 grain hp's I found a good deal and went and ordered something like 800 rounds of them to stockpile.

i was looking to do the same aspen. but, alas none to be found and my cz loves the hornady 25 hp's..
Big Ed
© 24hourcampfire