Home
Handmade Leather Shooting Bags

A-Frame $35
This prism shaped bag features 3 different height variations depending on which edge is at the top: 0.0", -0.5", and -1.0". The different height variations within a single front bag helps to eliminate the need for multiple bags of different shapes and sizes. Need a quick height adjustment on the forestock? Simply roll the prism shaped A-Frame to the next height adjustment for quick elevation gain/loss. A handle is sewn in for ease of carry. Weighs approximately 12.5 lbs when filled with rice. 8"x8"x8" (LxWxH); it's two 8" equilateral triangles, with three 8"x8" squares to make a prism—these measurements don't account for the drops of 0.0", -0.5", and -1.0" for the height variations.

Rabbit Ears $28
This a traditionally shaped rabbit ear for use as a rear bag. Weighs approximately 3.00 lbs when filled with rice. Lower Bag: 5"x4"x3"; Ears: 5"x3"x2" with a 1" slot between the ears.

Ramp $24
This angular bag features 2 different height variations depending on which edge is at the top: 0.0" and -1.0". This is a multiple purpose bag that can be used on the front or rear depending on the situation. Weighs approximately 3.75 lbs when filled with rice. 8"x5"x3" with height variation down, and 8"x5"x2" with the -1.0" height variation up.

Flat $22
This flat brick shaped bag serves multiple purposes: use beneath a front or rear bag for extra height, as an elbow pad, or as a standalone pad when shooting off of flat surfaces such as off the hood. Weighs approximately 3.50 lbs when filled with rice. 8"x5"x2"

Photo Gallery of Handmade Leather Shooting Bags The photos do a much better job of explaining the height variations.

The leather is 4oz top grain and can be done in a color of your choosing. Stitching will be done in a color that is complimentary to the chosen leather color, unless specifically stated otherwise. All stitching is done by hand. My personal preference is to fill with rice, but if you'd prefer sand filled or an unfilled bag that can be discussed—for personal/environmental reasons I will not fill the bags with plastic beads. If you want specialty leather such as bison, moose, elk, kangaroo etc. there will be an upcharge as these leathers are more expensive—this can be discussed on a case by case basis. Want a custom shaped bag? Let me know and we can work through it together to get you the product you want.

Shipping will be via USPS Flat Rate Boxes and the actual cost of shipping will depend on what's ordered and what can fit in which box (Small $8.30; Medium $15.05; and Large $21.10).

I will accept Check, PayPal, Venmo, or Zelle.

Please contact me via PM, response below, or email at [email protected] to make a purchase.

-----------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I am not a professional leather crafter; just a hobbyist determined to deliver a fine looking and performing product.

-----------------------------------------

I would eventually like to offer leather rifle/shotgun/pistol cases lined with shearling or wool. However, I'd like to make a few to workout the kinks before I offer them for sale, but keep an eye out.

Attached picture Group Photo.jpg
I will take an A-Frame and a rabbit ears. Send me a PM with the total including shipping. I can do PayPal. Thanks
Originally Posted by lightning
I will take an A-Frame and a rabbit ears. Send me a PM with the total including shipping. I can do PayPal. Thanks

PM sent.
Tag
Tag
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
Tag

Relatively new user; what does tag mean?
Originally Posted by ClassyCanids
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
Tag

Relatively new user; what does tag mean?

Tag means you mark it so that you can easily go back to it later if you choose to. You can put in your "user name" and find the post again.
donsm70
Paypal sent and confirmed for order, Thanks.
Id be a guinea pig on a rifle or shotgun case....if its awesome ill show everyone if its not ill tell’em i made it. Price it when you finish
Tag
Originally Posted by Bmbk
Id be a guinea pig on a rifle or shotgun case....if its awesome ill show everyone if its not ill tell’em i made it. Price it when you finish

Were you thinking shearling or wool lined?
Might consider what will fit into a Padded Flat Rate envelope.

Good luck.
I will take a A-Frame, rabbit and ramp
pm for payment details
thanks al
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Might consider what will fit into a Padded Flat Rate envelope.

I can fit a Flat, Ramp, or Rabbit Ears within a padded flat rate mailer. PM incoming for leather options.
Originally Posted by sfal
pm for payment details
thanks al

PM incoming for information and leather options.
Tag
tag
A-Frame and Rabbit Ears in 4 oz Buckskin Tan (aka Butter) Goatskin completed for Citrusdude. Will be shipping soon.

I've updated how I construct and attach the handle. I'm satisfied with the new and improved construction method, but I still plan to explore different ways to attach them.

Update: Once I've completed the current shooting bag orders I'll begin work on making some shearling or wool lined gun cases (rifle/shotgun and pistol).

Attached picture A-Frame and Rabbit Ears - 4 oz Buckskin Tan (aka Butter) Goatskin - Citrusdude - 24hourcampfire - View 1.jpg
Attached picture A-Frame and Rabbit Ears - 4 oz Buckskin Tan (aka Butter) Goatskin - Citrusdude - 24hourcampfire - View 2.jpg
What size box will it take to ship an A frame bag? Thanks
Originally Posted by Jevyod
What size box will it take to ship an A frame bag? Thanks

Medium Flat Rate Box ($15.05)
Posted By: g5m Re: Handmade Leather Shooting Bags - 08/05/20
tag
Look up dog gone good shooting bags. Which can’t be bought anymore btw. Make the window mount bag. And I would buy one
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Look up dog gone good shooting bags. Which can’t be bought anymore btw. Make the window mount bag. And I would buy one

Designs for Window Shooting Bags. So the first two images are the Dog-Gone-Good window bags (different sizes shown), and the other two are just random designs. Let me know which you'd prefer and what size; then I can work up a price.
Tag
Which ever is easier and cheaper. Wouldn’t really matter to me
tag
I'm placing a leather order at ~5:30pm (EST). If you're interested in purchasing some shooting bags let me know so that I can consolidate my purchase--helps me save on costs.
Originally Posted by Bmbk
Which ever is easier and cheaper. Wouldn’t really matter to me

I worked up a few versions with prices. Let me know which you'd like.
I’d like a ramp, unfilled. PM me with instructions on how to pay.

Thanx
Do you have a sketch of the rifle case you're going to build and a price for wool lined ? I am interested in purchasing and would like to know when you feel you'd have any available for sale.
I would be interested in a leather/wool lined rifle case if you decide to make them.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Do you have a sketch of the rifle case you're going to build and a price for wool lined ? I am interested in purchasing and would like to know when you feel you'd have any available for sale.

Unfortunately I do not. For rifles/shotguns I'd like to eventually offer two styles: the traditionally shaped gun case and a full scabbard.

I expect them to cost ≥$275; simply due to the cost of such large hides, as well as the shearling or wool--this may change once I make one and have a better understanding of things. If you're adamant about purchasing one let me know what color and pattern of wool interests you, as well as the color of leather (this can be done via PM).
Originally Posted by coobie
I would be interested in a leather/wool lined rifle case if you decide to make them.

I expect them to cost ≥$275; simply due to the cost of such large hides, as well as the shearling or wool--this may change once I make one and have a better understanding of things. If you're adamant about purchasing one let me know what color and pattern of wool interests you, as well as the color of leather (this can be done via PM).
Originally Posted by sfal
pm for payment details
thanks al

Bags completed.

Attached picture A-Frame, Rabbit Ears, and Ramp - 4 oz Chocolate Brown - View 2.JPG
Attached picture A-Frame, Rabbit Ears, and Ramp - 4 oz Chocolate Brown.JPG
Custom Flat (10"x4"x2") in 4 oz Goatskin in Chocolate Brown.

Attached picture Custom Flat 10x4x2 - View 2.JPG
Attached picture Custom Flat 10x4x2.JPG
I will take an A-Frame and a rabbit ears.

Bags completed.

4 oz Cowhide in Brick.

Attached picture A-Frame and Rabbit Ears - 4 oz Cowhide in Brick - View 1.JPG
Attached picture A-Frame and Rabbit Ears - 4 oz Cowhide in Brick - View 2.JPG
I will take the A frame and rabbit ears

Bags completed.

4 oz Cowhide in Brick.

Thanks for the update. They are nice looking, and I look forward to using them.
Custom Flat (10"x4"x2") in 4 oz Goatskin in Chocolate Brown.

Nick just completed this custom bag for me. Excellent workmanship, super communication and quick shipping. I just asked him to make 2 more..
Good stuff!
Received my order today and these are first class workmanship, and very well made.
Real nice grade of leather that should last a long time. Thanks Nick.
Received mine as well. Very nice workmanship. Cant wait to try it out. I will be ordering at least one more.
How the currently offered four bags look in 4oz black goatskin leather.

Attached picture BF0897CC-747F-45B8-A4FD-F4E8AD60E42D.jpeg
Attached picture A43AE7D1-5094-491C-832F-C3CF108C0377.jpeg
Custom mirror bags designed to sit on the mirror arm between the side mirror and a-post. Made out of 4oz chocolate brown goatskin.

Perfect for those shots at critters and varmints out of your truck.

Attached picture 48A28F2A-F035-4294-8072-C9468062489D.jpeg
Attached picture A8C2DB47-CBDB-492A-BE69-492B55BF4598.jpeg
Custom mirror bags designed to sit on the mirror arm between the side mirror and a-post. Made out of 4oz chocolate brown goatskin.

Perfect for those shots at critters and varmints out of your truck.

Can't wait to try them out on PD's. Thanks Nick
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP

Perfect for those shots at critters and varmints out of your truck for a lefty

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I received mine!

Quality is good imho.

Thanks nick

Bags completed.

4 oz Cowhide in Brick.

Can I get details on what a set like this would cost?
Example of Rabbit Ears in Buckskin Tan with an added carry handle.

Also, how do you attach images within the text as an actual image and not as an attachment?

Attached picture D45561FE-F6E0-4A2B-BCC2-9817DDBE0CEE.jpeg
Attached picture 9681B106-7C68-4BAA-AAFF-B0AF0AD372F7.jpeg

Perfect for those shots at critters and varmints out of your truck for a lefty

Lucky guy, here in Illinois they would arrest us for doing stuff like that!
Just want to say that my wife got me one of Nick's A-frame bags for Christmas and it's really nice! I took it out in the back yard today and used it while shooting my .460 S&W. It has a good amount of weight to it and it stays where you put it. Now if/when he starts making gun cases I'll have to check those out.
© 24hourcampfire