Home
Posted By: nimrodtracy USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I sent a youth shotgun to a friend in Dallas TX from Houston TX on Wednesday the 5th 2-Day Domestic and they said it would be there by Saturday the 8th, but it did not show up on Saturday, and over the weekend when you track it it said Unavailable but today it says in Transit and still has not been delivered?

Has anyone ever seen this Unavailable notice when tracking a USPS package?

Tracy
Posted By: Daveh Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I have probably shipped or received 50 rifles and 100 scopes using USPS (always Priority) and rarely this happens. I always figured it got on the wrong truck. Bet it arrives safely just a day or two late.

Repeat- Use Priority......
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
It’s the USPO. ANYTHING can happen. Good luck. 😬
Posted By: EMoore Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I shipped a rifle from VA to TN and it arrived today, 4 days later than expected. The tracking info showed up as "unavailable" for a day or 2, and "in transit arriving late" for another couple days. Don't sweat it yet and hopefully it all works out!
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Have a package coming from 3 Rivers Archery. 10 days ago via Priority Air. Still not here. Have opened a tracking case. It’ll do no good cause they just don’t care.

I have 3 other packages coming that are in excess of 5 days late.

I loathe the bastards. I even wrote my Congressman about this crap. They need to fold and contract the whole mess to UPS.
Posted By: BOFF Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Not a rifle, but lately, several packages have just disappeared for a day or two using USPS.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: NevadaWapati Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I'm waiting for a rifle stock that was shipped on 7/28 via Two Day Priority. The tracking number only shows it leaving the originating PO. Sender checked on it today and reported that it is sitting in Shreveport. Less than 100 miles from where it started.
Posted By: tdd4570 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
The last 3 packages I have had shipped have been 2 day and it has taken an average of 10 days. I have one unavailable now.

Yes, The USPS sucks.
Posted By: Adluginb Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Happens all the time! That’s why I hate using Usps.
Posted By: andymick32 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I used to run a business with shipping and can think of one lost package out of thousands of items with USPS. I don't think people give them enough credit. Fed Ex and UPS are way worse. Fed Ex left my wife's engagement ring and $500 Steelers playoff tickets on the front porch when there was a signature required. The tickets were laying in the snow in paper mailer. I once watched a UPS driver load up a dolly passed his head of fragile item boxes only to have them fall over and then dumb sh*t did it again and they all fell over again. I thought I was on one of those hidden camera shows.
Posted By: webfoot56 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Just received a parcel from reno nevada scheduled for saturday delivery arrived day early. It is not all doom and gloom.With covid-19 rampant all over the nation you ought to give the USPS A LITTLE BIT OF A BREAK. They are handling more packages per day than they ever have done before. Fed X and UPS COMBINED DO NOT HANDLE WHAT THE USPS DELIVERS IN A YEAR. Delays are going to happen with the covid-19 pandemic. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon. If Trump has his way and the USPS does not get the funding it needs the USPS will be closings its doors and you all can complain about whoever replaces them. I for one think they are doing a great job in these perilous times.
Posted By: dgr416 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I bought one from cdnn once supose to go to GA ended up in Montana .It took two weeks to show up .I finally got it .
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Millions of people stuck at home shopping online. [bleep] is slower than usual. It'll show up soon.
Posted By: youngoutdoors Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I had a scope I had purchased lost for months once. It finally arrived and in good condition. They said it had been put in a crate by mistake and would eventually show up. They had no clue where it was. I had just told the shipper to file a claim and it showed up the next day. Gotta have plenty of patience especially with todays problems.

God Bless, Louis
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Two rifle barrels shipped priority, two rifle barrels lost in the mail. One finally made it after 30+ days and filed insurance claim. Second one is on day 39 right now. I should have gone to UPS after the first barrel fiasco, but there only open between 4-6 pm Mon-Fri and 20 miles away.

I refunded the money on the first barrel and at least the guy was honest enough to pay me for it when he got it. Insurance was denied by USPS because I couldn't prove that a Bartline barrel was worth $300 even though I submitted all the correspondence on our agreed upon price. I even had pictures of the barrel and how I packaged it.

Second barrel is just out there as well, and have been denied the insurance again. Even though I submitted all the correspondence again from when I purchased it. Sent it to a buddy free of charge, and I'm only out a $150 + shipping, I just feel bad as it was the last thing needed to finish my buddies AR build.

Local postmaster says guaranteed delivery is just a suggestion now with covid19.
Posted By: muleman Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Last month I waited 7 days for 500 45 colt brass to ship from Houston Tx to Missouri , 2nd day Priority ,but it did arrive in perfect condition
Posted By: GeoW Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Prescription meds being shipped from Express Scripts in St.Louis to Savannah.. been in route for 20 days, the past 15 in Chicago.

USPS sucks big time!

g
Posted By: harleyguy02 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I ship flower all the time...

Only going thru Michigan do I have delays.
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
USPS works well here, things often arrive faster than expected. That is the way I send most everything.
I sent a package Friday from WA to Ohio and it arrived today.
I once had a package destroyed and partly my fault as the used box was not the best.
Filed a claim and had it denied three times but the last time I doubled sure I had included everything they wanted and included a letter stating so and that I would continue to elevate the issue until it was satisfactorily resolved.
Received payment in a week.

The key to winning in everything is persistency!!!!!!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
I sent a youth shotgun to a friend in Dallas TX from Houston TX on Wednesday the 5th 2-Day Domestic and they said it would be there by Saturday the 8th, but it did not show up on Saturday, and over the weekend when you track it it said Unavailable but today it says in Transit and still has not been delivered?

Has anyone ever seen this Unavailable notice when tracking a USPS package?

Tracy

OMG Noooooooo!
Posted By: AKduck Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Never been upset with USPS. FedEx though makes everything including carrier pigeon look fast here.
Posted By: Swampokie Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Had a scope scheduled for Friday and hasn’t arrived yet.
Posted By: Turkeywhisperer Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Use registered mail, it costs more but is way more secure,requires a signature at each hand off and it is kept separated from the rest of the mail.
Posted By: HitnRun Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Snivel, snivel, whine, whine. You have no concept of the amount of packages the USPS handles daily. A postal employee from a small rural community was talking about it just a day ago, and they had 2 pallets from Amazon alone in just one day to sort and deliver.

You can find something wrong with a pair of pliers if you use them long enough, but with this so-called pandemic, the amount of mail would that is handled would stop an army. You could always start your own freight company, but it would most likely end up like UPS or Fedex, and every one would hate you.
Posted By: grovey Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I shipped a rifle in state last Tuesday, and the estimated delivery date was Friday. The destination is literally 2 1/2 hrs drive away. I shipped it priority with a sig requirement as was requested by the receiver. Tracking hasn't worked since from get go with the unavailable, or information available soon message displayed. And the f**king Dems want mail in voting? Gimme a break.
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20

I ordered a mountain tactical recoil lug for my Tikka 3 weeks ago, tracking hasn’t updated since late July. The PO said sorry, we can’t find it. The company said it was no big deal and I just need to wait longer.
Posted By: bbassi Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I've been waiting almost 3 weeks for a fishing pole I bought on Ebay. Doubt I'll ever see it.
Posted By: Torqued Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
USPS has been running a day or 2 behind estimated delivery date,probably due to the panscamic. But I did had a transaction with another fire member that was right on time for both of us. Maybe they're coming around.
Posted By: 1moredeer Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
They are running 5-7 days behind on everything here in east Texas, including first class and priority mail.
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I shipped a rifle USPS Priority Insured from Ohio to Michigan. My rifle sat in some distribution facility in Detroit for weeks. Tracking would show delayed but still deliverable. I filed an inquiry through their system and it was a waste of time. All they said was, “Yes, your package is delayed in Detroit. It will eventually continue to its final destination. There is nothing further that can be done at this time.”
It was finally delivered last week. After nearly a month. Always had good luck in the past using USPS...shipped dozens of guns without a hitch. No more...something changed and it ain’t for the good.
Posted By: halfmile Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
FWIW you haven't lived until you hav had a claim with the Brown Crushing Machine. I have used USPS for a long time with no negative incidents. Not so with UPS.

HM
Posted By: gaswamp Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
do you guys realize that usps does not do the long disatnce in between shipping stuff. You are relying on fed Ex and commercial airlines. Usps handles getting it from the local post office to nearest big office near terminal and vice versa on the back end...most of the delay time is in the middle
Posted By: texken Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Originally Posted by BOFF
Not a rifle, but lately, several packages have just disappeared for a day or two using USPS.

God Bless,
David B.

THIS
Posted By: elkslayer53 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Same here. I purchased an item and the seller used 3 day priority shipping, it took 2 weeks to get here. I haven't had any problems with Fed Ex or UPS. Maybe some of the protestors could spend their time sorting mail.
Posted By: deaner20 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I had 2 scopes coming at same time one from Washington st and one from ala To va the one from Washington was a day early and the one from ala was a day late . I have had some mind blowing delivery and received on time most have been I can not believe it got there or here that quick and a couple of are they doing pony express now . But mainly been satisfied with USPS even with all the crazy COVID stuff going on. Hope gets there soon and in tact .
Posted By: Fotis Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I ordered something from NC. This was on the 3rd of Aug. Today it is the 11th. This is the last updated and no estimated delivery

Date Local Time Activity
Carrollton,
TX, US
08/05/2020 6:03 A.M. Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility

This is 6 days later.

You figure that poop out!
Posted By: oneoneshot Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I have had mixed results from all carriers. Recently I had a gun being shipped USPS from NY to VA, go beyond the delivery date by a week, with no intermittent status on delivery. Evenly it arrived on a Saturday morning around noon, and was left outside on the porch without any notification.

My worse example was trying to get my gun back from United Airline in Charlotte after a hunting trip in North Dakota. It is surprising I was not arrested. I will never fly United ever again. And the gun was still in their possession.

I have another friend who had to hire an attorney to get back a $19K shotgun from FedEX in GSO, NC, over a 4 month period of being lost.

We should not lose sight of the fact all carriers know what is in the package most of the time especially a long gun. Just saying, some of my experience.
Posted By: vixen Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I have a good one for you. I was expecting a package from UPS and it never came. One day I was walking by my old garage with my high-boy in and I saw that the garage door had been opened. The hood had been opened and I couldn't see anything wrong. I went to close the hood and noticed that UPS driver had placed a parcel between the grill and the radiator. No notice or anything.
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I had a standard business envelope sent to me from Prudential. It was mailed on July 22nd. I finally received it yesterday. It took 14 business days for an envelope that should be no more that 3 to 5 business days.
Posted By: Dinny Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I can't deliver faster than the USPS for the same price. No gripes or complaints from me.

Thanks, Dinny
Posted By: muleshoe Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I once sent a Leupy scope to Idaho by way of Priority Mail, it took 6 days to get there. The box was in fine shape and no damage to the scope.

I was pretty upset.
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Originally Posted by Dinny
I can't deliver faster than the USPS for the same price. No gripes or complaints from me.

Thanks, Dinny

I can deliver what I sent faster that's for sure. I could have easily walked the 1550 miles round trip CO to MO in 40 days! Might not have been cheaper, but I'd be a lot skinnier by the time I made it back. I'd be ready to tear up elk/deer season hiking after averaging nearly 40 miles a day with a pack.
Posted By: GAGoober Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Several years ago I sent a Colt Python to Colt for an action tune up. Upon returnFed Ex left the package laying on the steps of my front entry. No notice of delivery or anything. Discovered the box on the steps in plain view of the street when I got home from the store.
Posted By: aalf Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20

My latest horror stories with USPS....

Sold an item, took 22 days for the m/o to arrive from Tx.

Mailed a triangle priority mail box to Tx, took 26 days.

Mailed a box to Denver, took 15 days priority.

Mailed a priority package 136 miles from me, took 6 days.

Another package 150 from me, took 8 days.

I recommend Spee-Dee delivery if they service your midwest area:

http://speedeedelivery.com/
Posted By: grovey Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Maybe it's been said already, but I found out the hard way just today that my local PO is now closed over the lunch hr. When I returned @ 1 ( Not even a sign explaining) ... I asked if it was nationwide and she said yes, but this is the first I've heard about it all. I was told there's a new postmaster general, and he's shaking things up. Taking people off the job when they're already overrun should certainly shake things up.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
In my experiance if you send packages priority with tracking they move pretty fast. If you cheap out on the postage they don't. Non- priority means they sit until they can get to it.
The new Postmaster eliminated overtime so there are probably some pissed employees that are working even slower than usual.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I don't know about that, but do know eliminiating overtime means they have to quit for the day at a certain time, even if there's still a bunch of mail and packages sitting there to deliver.
Posted By: Plumdog Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I was told a M.O. I purchased and sent for payment was declared counterfeit, and confiscated. Later they changed their mind and cashed it.
Posted By: baldhunter Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
This was the tracking trail of one of my packages I received through USPS. WTF?????
Aug 5, 2020
2:31pm

DELIVERED IN/AT MAILBOX
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78411

Aug 5, 2020
7:10am

OUT FOR DELIVERY
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78411

Aug 5, 2020
4:38am

ARRIVAL AT UNIT
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78411

Aug 5, 2020
1:45am

ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78411

Aug 5, 2020
1:43am

ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78411

Aug 5, 2020
1:26am

DEPART USPS FACILITY
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78469

Aug 5, 2020
1:06am

DEPART USPS FACILITY
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78469

Aug 4, 2020
10:33pm

ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78469

Aug 4, 2020
10:20pm

ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78469

Aug 4, 2020
7:04pm

ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78284

Aug 4, 2020
6:54pm

DEPART USPS FACILITY
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78270

Aug 4, 2020
6:27pm

DEPART USPS FACILITY
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78270

Aug 4, 2020
4:45pm

PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78270

Aug 4, 2020
12:40pm

ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78270

Aug 4, 2020
12:37pm

ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78270

Aug 4, 2020
9:16am

ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78284

Aug 4, 2020
9:16am

DEPART USPS FACILITY
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78284

Aug 4, 2020
9:02am

ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78284

Aug 4, 2020
3:23am

DEPART USPS FACILITY
COPPELL, TX 75099

Aug 4, 2020
2:28am

DEPART USPS FACILITY
COPPELL, TX 75099

Aug 2, 2020
9:35pm

COPPELL, TX 75099

Aug 2, 2020
3:28pm

COPPELL, TX 75099

Aug 2, 2020
11:35am

COPPELL, TX 75099

Aug 2, 2020
6:40am

ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
COPPELL, TX 75099

Aug 2, 2020
5:46am

DEPART USPS FACILITY
DALLAS, TX 75260

Aug 2, 2020
5:34am

DEPART USPS FACILITY
DALLAS, TX 75260

Aug 1, 2020
10:17pm

DALLAS, TX 75260

Jul 31, 2020
4:33am

DEPART USPS FACILITY
MCALLEN, TX 78501

Jul 31, 2020
2:58am

MCALLEN, TX 78501

Jul 30, 2020
9:44pm

DEPART USPS FACILITY
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78284

Jul 30, 2020
5:47pm

SAN ANTONIO, TX 78284

Jul 27, 2020
1:12pm

PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
ANAHEIM, CA 92807

Jul 27, 2020
10:02am

SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
ANAHEIM, CA 92807

Jul 27, 2020
10:02am

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
ANAHEIM, CA 92807
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
This all started soon after the new PMG took over on June 15. Before then our mail delivery was very good, even in our small Montana town. In July I bought a scope from a campfire member in the Seattle area. Sent him a MO, which would normally arrive there in 2-3 days. It took 6.

It also took 12 days for the scope, mailed priority, to arrive here. I can drive to Seattle in a long day.
Some you guys have REALLY bad luck........
Posted By: DANNYL Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I have noticed over the past 2 years that shipping flat rate isn't as fast as it was or should be.
Posted By: 117LBS Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Guys, it’s the elimination of overtime at the distribution plants that is causing the problems. Everything that arrives at the office goes out that day.
Posted By: Jim_wi Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
USPS has been terrible this year. I've had multiple packages sitting idle for way too long and no tracking updates whatsoever. One of my last packages shipped from Texas and went to Anchorage Alaska and the finally found its way home to me in Wisconsin. How the F does that happen?
Posted By: NVhntr Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Originally Posted by Jim_wi
USPS has been terrible this year. I've had multiple packages sitting idle for way too long and no tracking updates whatsoever. One of my last packages shipped from Texas and went to Anchorage Alaska and the finally found its way home to me in Wisconsin. How the F does that happen?

Employee sabotage because they're not getting their extra OT pay they were counting on?
Posted By: KenMi Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
USPS loses 8.8 Billion dollars per year.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Originally Posted by 117LBS
Guys, it’s the elimination of overtime at the distribution plants that is causing the problems. Everything that arrives at the office goes out that day.

The reality of it all.
Posted By: John_Boy Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I've called my district representative in D.C.......
It's time to start bombarding them with angry voters.
My senator is next...
Posted By: kk alaska Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
Ill take USPS with issues over Fed Ex or UPS up here in Alaska
Posted By: akshooting Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I gotta throw in one for the USPS as well, up here in rural Alaska the big name shippers cost more, and are way slower. Priority mail chugs on through, the big name brands transfer to third class mail for the last leg up here and consider the package delivered.
Posted By: noKnees Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
If USPS and the common carrier suck so badly, you can pay more for fedex custom critical, it costs but has been 100% for thousands of packages my company sends, but it really costs.
Posted By: Oldschool65 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/11/20
I've yet to experience a problem with usps.Now fedex is another story.
Posted By: ClassyCanids Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
USPS has stated that due to COVID and the increase in online shopping it has caused that they are having trouble delivering items quickly.
Posted By: Puddle Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
I used to think USPS was the worst until we got a new FedEx driver for our area.

I'm convinced he must have skipped the How-to-read-a-home-address session in orientation...
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
Originally Posted by Turkeywhisperer
Use registered mail, it costs more but is way more secure,requires a signature at each hand off and it is kept separated from the rest of the mail.

This. ^^^^^ Using Priority mail, anything insured for more than $500 gets same treatment as above. Have had multiple USPS packages go AWOL. One more than 3 months. However, other than a one or two day delay, no issues with anything insured for $600 or more. And tracking has always worked...
Posted By: nimrodtracy Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
Originally Posted by ClassyCanids
USPS has stated that due to COVID and the increase in online shopping it has caused that they are having trouble delivering items quickly.

They sucked before the pandemic and now there even worse!

Reading all the commits it looks like it depends on where you live and most on there have problems with USPS
Posted By: Oso250 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
tag
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
This all started soon after the new PMG took over on June 15. .

It was happening before that in other areas. Mailed a barrel from CO to MI on March 30th, and it finally showed up May 5th. I was hoping it was just a fluke when I mailed the second barrel to MO on July 3rd, shows still in transit. I hope it'll show up someday.
Posted By: Vasquez956 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
USPS has been great in my area. Only mailing service I use.
Posted By: vacrt2002 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Have a package coming from 3 Rivers Archery. 10 days ago via Priority Air. Still not here. Have opened a tracking case. It’ll do no good cause they just don’t care.

I have 3 other packages coming that are in excess of 5 days late.

I loathe the bastards. I even wrote my Congressman about this crap. They need to fold and contract the whole mess to UPS.
. USPS is so over whelmed by the volume increase from everyone shipping not shopping or everything. Nothing is one time for me, but nothing is lost either.
Posted By: andymick32 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
Originally Posted by Vasquez956
USPS has been great in my area. Only mailing service I use.

Same. My regular carrier works his but off. Always sweating from the many trips to the door step instead of just popping some letters in your mailbox. He's not getting paid any more than before either.
Posted By: vaturkey Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
I'll join the complaint group. Shipped a shotgun last Monday from Va Priority insured to Mo and was told it would be there Friday. Tracked it the entire way. On Friday I logged on and it was in Kansas City. Saturday it moved to Springfield Mo, where it sat for 4 days. Finally moved yesterday and shows still in route to final destination. That sucks big time.
Posted By: carlm Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
It will be late, but it will get there. You could have shipped it UPS for 3X the price, and it will still be late. I am a daily UPS pickup, and have been for 20 years. All my 3 Day Ground shipments take 6+ days. Ask UPS about the Residential Surcharge, Fuel Surcharge, and Extended Delivery Area Surcharge before you complain. If it were not for the USPS, many areas of the country would have NO delivery service, because it's not "economically advantageous" to service those remote areas.
Posted By: Hannay Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
Originally Posted by Puddle
I used to think USPS was the worst until we got a new FedEx driver for our area.

I'm convinced he must have skipped the How-to-read-a-home-address session in orientation...

We had the same experience with FedEx this summer; the driver would keep leaving our packages across the road. He must have missed the "even addresses are on one side of the road and odd addresses are on the other" part of the training. I called FedEx to complain and they asked me to create an account, where I could put "delivery instructions" - limited to 33 characters! But so far, "Green house-south thru iron gates" has apparently been sufficient to keep him from delivering to the blue house on the north side of the road.

Like much of the rest of America, we've had lots and lots of deliveries made in the last 6 months. We've had a couple packages delayed about a week with USPS, and a number of packages a day later than originally scheduled. But overall, USPS, UPS, and FedEx have all done pretty well for us this year. Now getting a shipment of trophies out of South Africa had somewhat longer delays, but it's nearly here.
Posted By: Legionnaire Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
We're just overloading the system. Had some magazines coming in from Midway USA via Sure Post. Tracking showed that UPS got the mags to my local Post Office pretty much on schedule ... where they subsequently sat for almost a week before being put on the truck for local delivery. They got here; just took time, which wasn't a problem for me.
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
Originally Posted by carlm
You could have shipped it UPS for 3X the price, and it will still be late. I am a daily UPS pickup, and have been for 20 years. All my 3 Day Ground shipments take 6+ days. Ask UPS about the Residential Surcharge, Fuel Surcharge, and Extended Delivery Area Surcharge before you complain.

I'd gladly accept 6 days on a 3 day shipment right now, hell I'dsettle for 10-15. I'd even pay extra for it, not a problem. However, when you pay for 3 day priorty and it hasn't been delivered in 41 days a customer has the right to complain.

What chaps my ass about the whole situation is a lost package trace has been initiated on both ends, insurance claim has been filed and denied, the package when tracked only shows enroute to next facility, and the post office on either end doesn't seem to give a damn if they help us or not.

Another thing that makes me hot, I ordered some ammo the other day out of PA and got a FedEx tracking number said it would be delivered Monday before 8 pm. I got home from work at 10 am Monday and it was sitting on my doorstep. I order from RockAuto, Amazon and Ebay all seem to deliver on time even when delivery is finished by USPS. So why can't the package I ship USPS and pay more for shipping costs than online retailers make it to the final destination in a reasonable amount of time?
Posted By: Jerryv Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
Originally Posted by NVhntr

The new Postmaster eliminated overtime so there are probably some pissed employees that are working even slower than usual.

^^^^THIS.

Jerry
Posted By: steveziv Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
Anything of value, especially guns, I now ship via FedEx Ground. They are easier, cheaper, faster and more reliable than USPS or Brown Stain.
Posted By: BrentParker Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
USPS tracking for the time is unreliable. Ordered a barrel for my rifle. It showed it was recieved in a certain distribution center for 2 weeks. Then one day it goes from the distribution center to out for delivery. I use USPS and UPS both frequently. It's just the way it is for now
Posted By: John_Boy Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
I now have six packages ( four from y'all ) that are now ten days late.
They sent me a feedback request on one that was delivered two weeks late.
It wasn't pretty.
Simple solution:
Pay the overtime and deliver the mail.
By the by.....
My FedEx package from a member was delivered today. On time.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Ill take USPS with issues over Fed Ex or UPS up here in Alaska

Bingo!!!

The last couple months things have been a bit slower, but reliable and a lot less expensive!
Posted By: aalf Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
Originally Posted by John_Boy
They sent me a feedback request on one that was delivered two weeks late. It wasn't pretty.

I got a feedback pop up a while back too. I lit 'em up good as well.

Finish up by saying until they get their shlt together, I'll be using other services.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: USPS sucks! - 08/12/20
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by John_Boy
They sent me a feedback request on one that was delivered two weeks late. It wasn't pretty.

I got a feedback pop up a while back too. I lit 'em up good as well.

Finish up by saying until they get their shlt together, I'll be using other services.

Promising to back off at a time when they are swamped is not much of a threat...
Posted By: webfoot56 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/13/20
Originally Posted by Jerryv

^^^^THIS.

Jerry

I am a letter carrier with 35 years on the job, and have the option to work overtime or not. I am on the list that I do not wish to work overtime. I AM FORCED TO WORK OVERTIME BECAUSE OF STAFFING ISSUES. There is no body working slow at our office.If we are moving a little slower it is because of the iowa heat and humidity. The USPS is far from being an efficient well oiled machine but we are trying real hard to get every ones packages to them.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: USPS sucks! - 08/13/20
I just sent a package to ND today. I'm betting it gets there in 3 days... The only problem I had today was the fn printer is going tits up..
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: USPS sucks! - 08/13/20
Originally Posted by webfoot56
Originally Posted by Jerryv

^^^^THIS.

Jerry

I am a letter carrier with 35 years on the job, and have the option to work overtime or not. I am on the list that I do not wish to work overtime. I AM FORCED TO WORK OVERTIME BECAUSE OF STAFFING ISSUES. There is no body working slow at our office.If we are moving a little slower it is because of the iowa heat and humidity. The USPS is far from being an efficient well oiled machine but we are trying real hard to get every ones packages to them.

I appreciate that. The reason I always use USPS. Have any of you guys seen videos of how the UPS guys treat packages? Especially ones they think rifles are in....
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: USPS sucks! - 08/13/20
Originally Posted by 1moredeer
They are running 5-7 days behind on everything here in east Texas, including first class and priority mail.

Yep. Shreveport is a black hole for mail and packages. Those sh*t sacks are late on everything. Finally got a package last week that was in Shreveport for 7 days. How is that even possible? Do they have a big enough parking lot that 7-days worth of trucks can just sit there unloaded?

I paid for 3-day delivery. It arrives after 15-days. Why don't I get my money back for the freight? F them.

Fire all of them, they forfiet their retirement, and contract it all to the Girl Scouts. Even they could do a better job.
Posted By: webfoot56 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/13/20

Yep. Shreveport is a black hole for mail and packages. Those sh*t sacks are late on everything. Finally got a package last week that was in Shreveport for 7 days. How is that even possible? Do they have a big enough parking lot that 7-days worth of trucks can just there unloaded?

Fire all of them, they forfiet their retirement, and contract it all to Amazon as they are the best logistics company on the planet.

Some of the problem is AMAZON---WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE LATE ON SOME DAYS--BECAUSE AMAZON DELIVERY DRIVERS CAN NOT GET TO OUR LOADING DOCK IN A TIMELY MANNER SO WE CAN SORT THE PACKAGES OUT AND GET THEM DELIVERED---COVID-19 HAS AFFECTED DELIVERY ACROSS ALL THE DELIVERY SERVICES BUT TO SAY FIRE THEM ALL THAT JUST ISN'T RIGHT.
Posted By: SAINTDANIEL Re: USPS sucks! - 08/13/20

Yep. Shreveport is a black hole for mail and packages. Those sh*t sacks are late on everything. Finally got a package last week that was in Shreveport for 7 days. How is that even possible? Do they have a big enough parking lot that 7-days worth of trucks can just sit there unloaded?

I paid for 3-day delivery. It arrives after 15-days. Why don't I get my money back for the freight? F them.

Fire all of them, they forfiet their retirement, and contract it all to Amazon as they are the best logistics company on the planet.

I put in 20 years with the p.o my wife is on 30, so i guess i can say i know what goes on there. Did you know amazon uses the p.o ? The p.o got hit hard really hard with covid at a facility in Detroit known as the NDC, they had over 90 trailers as in semi trailers full of priority mail sitting. They had to scramble to move that mail to other locations across michigan to be worked, this is just one city in one state.

Now take a few million people out of work sitting home ordering everything on line,guess what ? A PERFECT STORM ! It is getting better the p.o processes 181 MILLION pieces of mail daily hmm bet ups and fed x dose not do that. I have had some delays myself, with all of them. As for firing them all forfeit their retirement, YOU SIR ARE A FOOL.
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: USPS sucks! - 08/14/20
Originally Posted by SAINTDANIEL

I put in 20 years with the p.o my wife is on 30, so i guess i can say i know what goes on there. Did you know amazon uses the p.o ? The p.o got hit hard really hard with covid at a facility in Detroit known as the NDC, they had over 90 trailers as in semi trailers full of priority mail sitting. They had to scramble to move that mail to other locations across michigan to be worked, this is just one city in one state.

Now take a few million people out of work sitting home ordering everything on line,guess what ? A PERFECT STORM ! It is getting better the p.o processes 181 MILLION pieces of mail daily hmm bet ups and fed x dose not do that. I have had some delays myself, with all of them. As for firing them all forfeit their retirement, YOU SIR ARE A FOOL.

Amazing that my plant and industry in general have been "hit" by Covid but we just keep on chugging along. We work harder, faster, smarter. Hire temps, work some OT, outsource, etc. It's what we do out here in the real world where we have to compete.

If they can't move the mail as fast as "priority" is supposed to move then they should not charge for it. They know they can't and still charge for it. That is either fraud or theft, don't know which. I still have package shipped priority air that is not here after 15-days. This level of incompetence is a new record even for the US gov and all it's little alphabet agencies.
Posted By: carlm Re: USPS sucks! - 08/14/20
Common knowledge that Donald is sabotaging the USPS because he does not want voting by mail. He publicly admitted it. It's a free country. Start a delivery service and do better.
Posted By: Bugger Re: USPS sucks! - 08/14/20
Our postal service is probably the best in the world. But when I lived just out of Flagstaff I thought the postal service was piss poor. Flagstaff had to postal branches and managers one was great and the other was really bad. I wrote to Washington complaining about the service. That post master finally was fired.
There’s people in all walks of life that are I positions that they do not deserve.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/14/20
Tracy,
When you send anything thru or to Dallas all mail goes directly to the Bulk Mail Center. It is a very large warehouse one could easily get lost in. Once your package arrives there it may, or may not be delivered any sooner than 10 days at best. Back in the 90's I hauled many a tractor trailer load up there as a part time weekend job. I loved it as a driver, it was a drop & roll out. As a customer I have been on the receiving end of it once & it was excruciating as I was waiting on a $1000 rifle.
Posted By: LazyL0228 Re: USPS sucks! - 08/14/20
Wait for mail in voting.
© 24hourcampfire