Home
Looking for a chronograph since my neighbor decided to put a 5.56 tsx right through the center of mine . Still turns on and works but don’t trust it , has given some weird readings. Let me know what you got that won’t break the bank. Thanks !
Buy once - cry once.

Oehler 35P or MagneoSpeed III
Buy this from brownells, when it dies send it back to them under their lifetime warranty.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-...luetooth-sku225000006-122616-227394.aspx
I have a Caldwell premium kit I'll sell you if your interested.......

Caldwell premium kit

Everything in the kit is included, minus the tipod.. it was junk anyway.

Works great, excellent condition.

$85 shipped
Magneto speed are cheap and very reliable/easy to use.
Originally Posted by azelkhuntr
Magneto speed are cheap and very reliable/easy to use.

And you can get by easily with the sporter version.
Originally Posted by Usmcinfantry1988
Looking for a chronograph since my neighbor decided to put a 5.56 tsx right through the center of mine . Still turns on and works but don’t trust it , has given some weird readings. Let me know what you got that won’t break the bank. Thanks !

Why isn’t your neighbor bringing you a replacement unit?

Why isn’t your neighbor bringing you a replacement unit?[/quote]

He did pay me for it , it was just a cheaper Caldwell chrono but worked pretty good until it took a round lol
Magneto speeds suck if you want to test for accuracy and velocity at the same time because they alter the harmonics cuz they hang off the barrel. Now if you can make some kind of a rig where it doesn't touch the barrel you're golden
There are only two types of chronographs. Those that have been shot and those that will be shot.
Not really....

Lab Radar....

If you shoot through that, you're probably in trouble....
Originally Posted by Dinny
There are only two types of chronographs. Those that have been shot and those that will be shot.

Ha ha got a kick out of this ! It was not funny at the time it happened but I can laugh about it now !
Originally Posted by Fotis
Magneto speeds suck if you want to test for accuracy and velocity at the same time because they alter the harmonics cuz they hang off the barrel. Now if you can make some kind of a rig where it doesn't touch the barrel you're golden

Was wondering about this especially with my featherweight barrels !

If I recall correctly Mule Deer has solved that problem.
Originally Posted by Dinny

If I recall correctly Mule Deer has solved that problem.

Not without some complexity... and it wasn't Muledeer's idea originally.
kingston,

Exactly, it wasn't my idea! But they do work great for group-and-velocity at the time with relative inexpensive solutions.

Might mention again here, as I have elsewhere on the Campfire, that I tried a Labradar for a while and it was very impressive--until I ran into its limits. These include smaller-caliber bullets, including some 6mm boattails, and anything above 3900 fps. For anything in between it works great, but at twice the price of my Magnetospeed and almost as much my Oehler 35P, I want more versatility.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
kingston,

Exactly, it wasn't my idea! But they do work great for group-and-velocity at the time with relative inexpensive solutions.

Might mention again here, as I have elsewhere on the Campfire, that I tried a Labradar for a while and it was very impressive--until I ran into its limits. These include smaller-caliber bullets, including some 6mm boattails, and anything above 3900 fps. For anything in between it works great, but at twice the price of my Magnetospeed and almost as much my Oehler 35P, I want more versatility.

Labradars don’t like shotguns either.

Of particular annoyance to me is that when I am alternating between rifles, I cannot go back to a previous string and add more shots. So I shoot a three shot group out of rifle 1, and shoot rifle 2 while rifle 1 is cooling, I need to start a third string for my next go-round with rifle 1. At the end of the day I end up with multiple, separate 3 shot strings for each rifle. I need to keep track of the different strings, AND all the data for each rifle is non-cumulative. frown

Also, if you forget the SD card, the data in the Labradar’s internal hard drive is non-downloadable. That has bitten me more than once.

I like a lot about the Labradar, but it is far from perfect .. yet.
If they ever get those kinks worked out, I'd try a Labradar again. But not until then....
I've been using a CED unit for years and it's been a solid performer.
It has wires and screens, but I'm OK with that.
Originally Posted by Wesley2
Buy this from brownells, when it dies send it back to them under their lifetime warranty.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-...luetooth-sku225000006-122616-227394.aspx

Don’t spread Bull Sh*t from your link on Brownells page

2 year warranty against defects in material and workmanship, and a 1/2 price repair guarantee.

That ain’t no lifetime guarantee.

As an aside I sent a 12 year old Oehler 35P that died back to them. Replaced the brain board, tested and shipped back within a week at no cost.
That’s about as good as it gets.
https://www.brownells.com/helpcenter/guaranteed-forever-/index.htm?id=57

It's covered under the Brownells forever guaranteed program.
Have a CED Millennium. Set up once and tested and never used again. $75 and you pay shipping
I have an Oehler 35P. PM sent.
Originally Posted by prkguy

You're right, as you well knew. Swifty on the other hand ramains clueless on most things.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by prkguy

You're right, as you well knew. Swifty on the other hand ramains clueless on most things.

Guaranteed. Forever.®
We make purchasing and returning products as simple as possible. If you buy a product from Brownells and decide you don’t need it, don’t want it, or just don’t like it, we’ll take it back any time…

Guaranteed. Forever.® return policy applies to the product’s original owner along with proof of purchase. Any items returned within 45 days of delivery are entitled to a refund or identical exchange. Any items returned after 45 days of delivery will be issued store credit in the form of a Brownells Gift Card.

Now just where that it says a busted or just plain dead. But the actual disclaimer is the bottom. Bet you 10 to one that’s it dies after 45 days the manufacturers warranty applies. Lifetime my azz
Managed to find one guys thanks for help !
© 24hourcampfire