Home
Posted By: tclubber 1917 Eddystone 358 Norma Mag - 03/07/22
I don't have the image gallery thing figured out yet.
Click this link please
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/17035404#Post17035404
Posted By: yar Re: 1917 Eddystone 358 Norma Mag - 03/07/22
Very cool rifle
Yes, very cool
Never have the funds when the cool rifles show up
ttt
ttt
I have a set of barely used Redding dies also.
Originally Posted by tbear99
Never have the funds when the cool rifles show up

isn't that the truth!
ttt
Is there a price?
It was in the Gallery description.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/17035404#Post17035404
I've been laying for a 358 mag for a while now, but my funds are going into the property right now. Bad priorities!
bump
Posted By: JAT Re: 1917 Eddystone 358 Norma Mag - 03/17/22
Very Cool redirect for an Eddystone!

Free bump
bump
bump
up
Really nice old school,,, skipline checkering , massive recoil lug, a real business rifle !
Who built it ?
Maker is unknown to me, but somebody put a lot of work into it.
up
up
Very nice
Had a rem model 30 35 whelen like a fool sold it
bump
bump
bump
bump
Posted By: g5m Re: 1917 Eddystone 358 Norma Mag - 05/26/22
Nice rifle.
Posted By: Otis Re: 1917 Eddystone 358 Norma Mag - 05/26/22
very nice rifle
bump
Originally Posted by tclubber

Whoever did it, looks like they did everything right. My only question is does the rear bridge have 2 mounting holes for the scope mounts. I'd pull the one piece off, if it were me. I like the bolt handle upgrade. Has it been converted to cock on open? Appears to have a dayton traister trigger. No mention in the op though. Also no mention of the length of pull. The floor plate has been nicely modified and straightened, but reduces magazine capacity. More modern looking and svelte for sure, making it better handling and lighter than unmodified units. This would make an awesome bear or elk rifle. GLWS on this nice piece of Americana.. I don't see too many this nice when I'm out and about..
bump
bump
bump
bump
bump
bump
$1350 shipped or FTF in Arkansas
ttt
Where in Arkansas?
About 2hrs north of Little Rock, west of Clinton, close to Alread.
I'm willing to meet, we can talk about where.
bump
Cool piece. It needs to go to someone who lives where there's large bears and moose, maybe elk. Love them old rifles butnits hard being a lefty.
bump
bump
bump
bump
Pay it out, trade me something?
bump
bump
Posted By: Ward Re: 1917 Eddystone 358 Norma Mag - 02/06/23
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Whoever did it, looks like they did everything right. My only question is does the rear bridge have 2 mounting holes for the scope mounts. I'd pull the one piece off, if it were me. I like the bolt handle upgrade. Has it been converted to cock on open? Appears to have a dayton traister trigger. No mention in the op though. Also no mention of the length of pull. The floor plate has been nicely modified and straightened, but reduces magazine capacity. More modern looking and svelte for sure, making it better handling and lighter than unmodified units. This would make an awesome bear or elk rifle. GLWS on this nice piece of Americana.. I don't see too many this nice when I'm out and about..

LOP and whether it has been converted to cock on opening are details I'd like to have, too.
I'll check and get back to you later.
It cocks on opening and LOP is 13.5"
Originally Posted by Ward
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

LOP and whether it has been converted to cock on opening are details I'd like to have, too.
Nice to see he got back to you on this. I asked the questions 9 months ago. He's not in a hurry to sell this rifle. I'd also ask to see the stamp on the front of the receiver bridge. A good picture of the top of the action would be extremely helpful as well. That part of a modified m1917 action can make or break a deal for me. That will tell you if it's been done right, or haphazzardly by someone that didn't know wth they were doing. That will also tell you who the manufacture was. Winchester, Remington or Eddystone. The bolt handle is a Brownells, unless it was actually built by BSA. That is also a possibility.. Again, a picture of the top of the receiver would be very beneficial to the potential buyer. Like I said before, I'd pull the scope mount off and show that in the listing.
It cocks on opening and LOP is 13.5"

Like I said, it looks like a dayton traister trigger, yet you say you installed a Timney on it. What mods did you do to install it on a dayton traister cock on open unit???
I modified nothing, the rifle had no trigger when I got it. I bought a couple online, neither of which fit, several calls and emails to Timney with measurements and pictures, and they figured out what I needed. You can call me a liar if it makes you feel better, but that's the facts. As for the, dayton traister cock on open unit, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I have three of these, two cock on opening, the other appears to have the original bolt. I never noticed the bolt handle on this one was different till i laid them all out side by side this morning.
© 24hourcampfire