Home
Posted By: Oakster Private Sale Shipping Question - 10/23/22
Saw a few posts about private individuals not being able to ship a long gun to another FFL any longer? Is that accurate and has it changed? The posts said UPS and Fed Ex have changed the rules and required FFL to FFL shipping only. That would increase costs and slow down transactions online I would think.
I have heard about UPS changing policies and that sounds correct as far as what I have heard. Have not heard that Fedex was doing it. You can still ship long guns to FFLs for now, but not handguns. That will likely be changing soon.
Correct UPS and Fedex have rinstated some new rules. But you as a private individual may ship a long gun to a FFL (dealer) thru the United States Postal Service
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
Correct UPS and Fedex have re-instated some new rules. But you as a private individual may ship a long gun to a FFL (dealer) thru the United States Postal Service

Thank you.
Consider shipmygun.com for individual to FFL UPS shipping...Tom
Ship long guns usps. Easy Peasy
Originally Posted by thomasconnor

I might have to check that one out. I just priced shipping a heavy barrel 22, total 15lbs, half way across the country was $64.

I'm also trying to figure out the UPS rule. Can I print the label on my own, then drop it off at my FFL and just have them pick it up like normal? Or does it have to ship from, and have return label from my FFL?
I have only been the recipient so far. The site has plenty of information...Tom

Thanks. That looks like usefull info.

Bb
For USPS; they have instituted a large item surcharge of an extra $15 plus the actual shipping charge.
Yep. Shipped a shotgun barrel last week and got hit with the $15 “large item” charge. Gotta pay to play these days I guess.
I've used this a couple times and it couldn't be easier. It's through Bud's Gun Shop so you get to take advantage of their discounted price.
Originally Posted by Oakster
Saw a few posts about private individuals not being able to ship a long gun to another FFL any longer? Is that accurate and has it changed? The posts said UPS and Fed Ex have changed the rules and required FFL to FFL shipping only. That would increase costs and slow down transactions online I would think.
Earlier this month I shipped a rifle via FedEx from individual (me) to an FFL. No problems.
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by Oakster
Earlier this month I shipped a rifle via FedEx from individual (me) to an FFL. No problems.

I presume you did not tell them what you were shipping??
© 24hourcampfire