Home
Posted By: Kudu1 Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
Well it finally happened , I got ripped off by a scum bag on this site , he goes by oldhardluckrifle . His name is Russel Snodgres from Orlando Fl. I bought a Leupold scope from him for $720.00, he was in a hurry to get paid (us postal money order) when he got paid he gave me a excuse everyday as to why he could not ship . then the coversations ended . He would not respond to texts or answer phone calls . Well I am in the process of filing a fraud report with my local PD . If anyone knows or has dealings with this POS I would like to hear from you . Thanks
Posted By: ldholton Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
hate that for you. I'm always paranoid when buying something on here. and when I sell something I honestly probably over communicate with some people just to make sure it's documented well..
Damn.....

I literally just made a post yesterday about this same @$$hole.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/18391529#Post18391529

I am sorry that he got you. There is a special place in hell for fuggers like him
Posted By: longshot3 Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
Thats messed up. I hope you are successful with the police.
Was he a new member?
Posted By: LHS905 Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
Here's his profile.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/users/81411/oldhardluckrifle

Pretty cagey, stayed away from classifieds, at least formally.

LHS
Posted By: peaceman Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
Did you reach out to him or vice versa? Wanted posts seem to open up opportunities for the scumbags…
Posted By: GTP350 Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
Also contact your Postmaster because you used the mail it's "Mail Fraud" which is a Felony.

Don't feel that you can't reach out to the scum bags local PD and speak to a Detective about the situation.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
I don’t deal with anyone until they have been on here at least a year.
Check out the Facebook page for Russel Snodgres of Orlando, Florida. 4 friends, all Nigerian...
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100088520551293

Sorry this happened to you.
Posted By: TimZ Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
Sorry that happened, pay attention to those post counts!
i don't any listing by him in classified , what was the link?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/id/81411/view/posts/page/1
Posted By: 257man Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
His profile says he was last on the forum 3 hours ago, so he is hardly trying to hide. Like he's proud of himself and wants to see what everyone is saying about it.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
That sucks
Good luck
Thanks for the heads up. User now on ignore.
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Check out the Facebook page for Russel Snodgres of Orlando, Florida. 4 friends, all Nigerian...
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100088520551293

Sorry this happened to you.
Looks like he got hit by the ugly stick one too many times!
This kind of behavior ruins the site for everyone. Maybe contact his local PD. You have his address, right?
Kudu1: I am sorry to hear of this trouble/problem - I am hoping that it can be rectified but the "new-ness" of the culprit has me very concerned.
I have sold many Leupold scopes off'n this site over the last couple of years and it does no good for the reputations of legitimate CampFirer's. Just makes things more clouded/difficult for all.
Again sorry this happened and hope you get resolution.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: wrgale Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
Have anyone tried using Guntab? It seems to be legit and removes any ambiguity and ensures legitimate transactions. It looks like you can split the 3% between the buyer and seller which seems fair
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
Was it your WTB ad?

That seems to draw in the predators.
Originally Posted by UnderMountain
This kind of behavior ruins the site for everyone. Maybe contact his local PD. You have his address, right?
Yeah, post up the address of the dear fellow and maybe there's a Fire member nearby that could do a neighborly "welfare check".
You never know, the guy may have slipped and fallen.
Posted By: Kudu1 Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
The scum bags address is Russell Snodgres , 5950 , APT. 102 , Scotchwood Glen , Orlando , Florida , 32822 Any help would be great . Thanks
Posted By: waynemac4 Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
Post up the address of the dear fellow and maybe there's a Fire member nearby that could do a neighborly "welfare check".
You never know, the guy may have slipped and fallen.[/quote]

Yeah… fallen multiple times on his head
Posted By: mjac Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
Originally Posted by Kudu1
The scum bags address is Russell Snodgres , 5950 , APT. 102 , Scotchwood Glen , Orlando , Florida , 32822 Any help would be great . Thanks

Google maps says that address is 113 miles east north east from me. Just saying............
Posted By: ken158 Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
I had that happen to me many years ago so I called the postal inspector who sent a letter with an ultimatum of a case being opened on him or me getting paid. I got a money order by certified mail shortly thereafter.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
My old grandmother who had quite the way with words would say, “Nail his balls to a stump and push him over backwards.”

Fuggers like that deserve a welfare check. Maybe more than one.

And know I’m being kind since we’re on the ol World Wide Web!
Posted By: 9Legend Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
He messaged me about my WTB add looking for a 25-06. He sent me pictures of a rifle and when I asked him to include his name and date on a card with the rifle, he photoshopped a card in there. What a loser!! Don't worry, he'll get what's coming to him.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
Some say go by post count but you can't always go by that either. When I first got on here I was screwed by a member with many post. Hope he's ill somewhere in he'll.
Posted By: 160user Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/03/23
I am sorry to hear about this. I have passed on a few deals with newer members or at least ones without a sizeable post count. I hope this works out for you and if I were closer I would GLADLY pay him a "welfare check" for you.
This is an extremely common, much repeated scam and it aint the old man in the picture doing the scamming. That money is already in Nigeria.
Posted By: MRKbass2 Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/04/23
Be careful over there!
I’ve heard of a lot of house fires recently
would you post some of the messages exchanged with him?
Search shows 16 successive addresses associated with this name. The latest (current?) is actually back in OH, after the Orlando address listed.
Posted By: MAKAIRA Re: Well It Finally Happened - 05/04/23
Originally Posted by Akbob5
My old grandmother who had quite the way with words would say, “Nail his balls to a stump and push him over backwards.”

Fuggers like that deserve a welfare check. Maybe more than one.

And know I’m being kind since we’re on the ol World Wide Web!

I am sure that he gets plenty of welfare checks from us via the government!
© 24hourcampfire