Home
well I just recently was ripped off by member shoester5 for 30.00 and many others were too.

Now Again, I just attemped to buy some rifle brass from member ringworm, I sent a PM requesting were to send funds, and requested phone number and email addy.

Well he refused to give me his phone number, refused to give me his email addy, and get this , he refused to give me his first name. What the [bleep] you dont even have a first name ?

This goes for everyone here, if you want to play games and ripe people off, gut the [bleep] off this forums board, go play somewhere else.

I'm a no bullshit person, and wont tollorate this crap, hope there are others here that feel the same way. We must start calling out these people that get stupid and put good effort to stop people here from ripping others off.

And another thing, if you accept money from someone and you cant for some reason get the item you sold shipped, send the buyers payment back to him.

Common sense can be hard too come by, in places you'd expect people to act like responsible adults...............

If I can't get a name and phone number, I won't do business. Period.
hotrodusa ,WTF is you problem guy?
i didnt screw you over. i dont even liove in gaffney.
you are way off base.
you want my fking phone number over some brass?
you need to put a halt to your chit with me and focus on your real problem.
i have your chit ready to go this AM. but dont worry. IT AINT GOING.
i dont want you to live in agaony for 3 days wondering if your piss-ass $40 is gonna get stolen.
[Linked Image]
Whats your first name ?
kellet, that help?
fking idiot. you flame me? you need to do a quick search pard. i have dont about 4 grand worth of sales in these classifieds.
Oh I'm laughing, but its not at your name. Its the little secret about your name being held back, and your phone number, and your email addy, that I requested for in a PM where this should have been in private.

But you like to be secret about it.

let me guess, playing games right ? And now your angry at me right ?

no dickhead.
you are impling that i am somehow associated with some guy half an hour away who ripped off some people here.
Originally Posted by hotrodusa

Is this another shoester5

Way too many DF,s on this forums board...................

Now I am a dickhead too..

Cool I have so many names to chose from.

But you dont have a first name !

Does that house you live in have a phone number ?

Does that computer you have got a email addy ?

no. i dont have a home phone. thats why i dont need people calling me at 2100 asking about a $40 bag of brass. I have 2 e-mails. what difference would that make. heck, i can have up to 10 on each server. would that make it better.
you need to
#1 have a cup of coffee
#2 check your meds
#3 focus, im not the one who stole your money.

you can use me as some surrogett to vent your anger, but im not your problem.
If you would have been polite, in your PM reply and gave me your first name, phone number and email addy, insteed of a smart ass reply there would have been a different outcome to all this.

Your attitude shines.........................
Just gonna stick in my 2 cents here.I have had several no-hassle deals with Kellet.I believe he is an honest person.Lets not muck up a good thing here. Huntz - just sayin
YAWN!
Chill pill anyone?
As an impartial third party I think this should be taken to PMs. Imagine a visitor or new member reading this "spirited discussion". Don't think it would really make them want to buy or sell on this forum. Just my opinion.
+1 with Racer......
hotrodusa,

Last time I checked, a phone number and email address were not needed to send funds. The way I see it, he has a right not to divulge that information. Why call a guy out like that when he hasn't done sh*t to you? If you are worried, do a search to see if there is any history.
We don't need this crap on here.

Make it a PM.

Hotrod if you don't like it that someone won't give you a name and phone number just don't do business with them, simple as that.

just look at the avitar everyone and that tells the whole story.
ringworm- this is either not your first rodeo on 24hourcampfire, or there's no connection between the two users with the same screen name of Cohiba on two different sites linked below. Which is it?

Cohiba on thehighroad

Cohiba on 24hour
yep, i did my pentance.
check out AR15.com and accurate as well.
you'll see i never stiffed anyone.

[img]http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.asp?User=280644[/img]
and follow this... I never refused to give him any info.
i listed my mailing address to my home in the first PM i sent. he asked for it again later and i posted the same info.
thi stems from the the fall out over some shoemaker guy who screwed some people on a brass order.
someone i might add DID give his first name
DID give his phone number and DID give an e-mail.
Now my character gets pulled into question? BS...
After reading this thread I've lined someone off my "doing business with" list. And, it ain't the seller.
ringworm is an honest guy, although some of his points of view are wrong LOL J/K smile

he won't screw anyone, he's a stand up guy. by starting this post, its the seller who wanted to make a pain for everyone. absolutely no reason for it. I have never asked for someones phone number, or email address unless its to send pictures.
send the payment, they send the product. its that simple. sorry you got burned by that other dude, but seriously guy, don't take it out on the next man that comes along.
hotrod got pissed at me for making an offer for his 5.7brass in public, maybe he is having a couple bad days.
Originally Posted by ringworm
and follow this... I never refused to give him any info.
i listed my mailing address to my home in the first PM i sent. he asked for it again later and i posted the same info.

I asked twice for his first name, after he sent me his mail addy for the money, and I got a smart ass answer to look at first post. I never did get his first name. I'd expect that from an 8 year old.

If you want to remain anonymous thats fine but I'm not dealing with such people.

I call BS to his posts here in which he's hopeing for some pitty.
Looks like some fell for it.

To you all that think this should go to PM, re-read this from begining. ringworm does NOT, I repete NOT communicate in a PM, in which it came here in the classifieds. Hard to understand for some!

And for the people here that dont want to deal with me because of this post, well thats your choice.

I had another bad deal with gumby58 here on the campfire some time ago, in which he was very ellusive with contact info, and then after I sent the money he failed to ship my purchase item, that is until I had the police envolved.

Bottom line is if its too much trouble to Give a buyer/seller some contact info they request, the sale/purchase has good potential for a bad ending..............

Communication is everything.................

Originally Posted by tal35
hotrod got pissed at me for making an offer for his 5.7brass in public, maybe he is having a couple bad days.

Ohh a stab in the back, that herts............

Give it a twist too why dont you

Last four times I attempted to sell items on here (brass, scope, scope rings, and AR lowers) all the buyers who pm'ed me saying they would take it never followed up with the cash. Granted, 3 of the 4 were sort of new members (less than 100 posts) but the quality of these classifieds has went down. It is not worth the aggrevation to try to sell something here anymore.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
the quality of these classifieds has went down. It is not worth the aggrevation to try to sell something here anymore.

Overall that is the shame here as great deals from some great people can had.
No Dog in this Fight, but the pic with names/address should be removed pronto and this taken to pm's. Not good for the forum or those viewing.

And FWIW, I wouldn't buy a box of Kleenex tissue from you after reading your smarta$$ replies to several posts and certainly not after seeing your Oscar Winning performance on this issue. All this after joining the forum less than 8 months prior.

It saddens me to see what has happened to the 24HCF forums recently, especially the Classifeds. There was a time when members here presented themselves in a courteous fashion with dignity and reserve. It appears we have moved away from that period to a time of raucous arrogance, personal attacks, and character assassinations.

Stated with reserve, perhaps it is time for me to surf elsewhere. I hesitate to make that statement, for certainly I'll will miss those 'Old Timers' here, who offered a kindred spirit of good humor & good advice, a pleasant bartering atmosphere, and an occassionaly good ribbing with no harm intended.

I'll watch from the sidelines for a while ............
I've always had excellent service from sellers, and tried to offer it as a buyer and seller, here on the Classifieds. We all need to try to keep it that way.
while I tend to be more trusting of people here than I sometimes feel I should, I have no problem with someone wanting my personal information prior to closing a deal ...

who am I to judge what $20, $30, or even $40 means to someone? I know people that have very little money to spare, and others that can drop a few grand w/out it affecting them in any way ... IOW, the amount of money is meaningless in the equation ...

If I ask for someone's personal info prior to closing a deal, and they refuse to give it, a red flag is immediately raised, and I walk away ... I would expect a potential buyer to do the same to me if I refused to give them the peace of mind they require to close a deal with me.

It's really very simple though, when it all comes down to it. If either party is unwilling to do what the other party is asking in order to close the deal, then they should just agree to part ways with no hard feelings.
I'm feelin the same way, too much underwear in a bunch. Clay, you can't go anywhere, who will post pool pictures? smile
Originally Posted by Blacktail308
I'm feelin the same way, too much underwear in a bunch. Clay, you can't go anywhere, who will post pool pictures? smile

Ain't that the truth!

Clay, how about some pool pics. After all summer's almost here.
You accept a man's money he deserves your personal info such as name,email address and telephone number.Quit playing games.Grow up both of you.I now have TWO names I would not do business with.

Stan in SC
Originally Posted by WGM
while I tend to be more trusting of people here than I sometimes feel I should, I have no problem with someone wanting my personal information prior to closing a deal ...

who am I to judge what $20, $30, or even $40 means to someone? I know people that have very little money to spare, and others that can drop a few grand w/out it affecting them in any way ... IOW, the amount of money is meaningless in the equation ...

If I ask for someone's personal info prior to closing a deal, and they refuse to give it, a red flag is immediately raised, and I walk away ... I would expect a potential buyer to do the same to me if I refused to give them the peace of mind they require to close a deal with me.

It's really very simple though, when it all comes down to it. If either party is unwilling to do what the other party is asking in order to close the deal, then they should just agree to part ways with no hard feelings.

Normally I wouldn't involve myself in something like this but this gentleman stated my opinion perfectly.
let me tell you guys something mr hotrod is NOT.
after posting he would take my brass i PM's him my address and asked for his. i told him i would get his brass out ASAP. he sent me a message asking for my mailing address again. that was all. i gave it to him again... and pointed out that i had already posted it "above" (as in follow the post, UP). that was 05/21/09 04:42 PM.
now this AM he gets a wild hair up his arse over some other guy in SC who has ripped him off and decides to blanket bomb me.
Did he PM me and say "please give me your cell phone number" or "hey, whats your first name?"
NO.
he waits a day and a half and then starts a post stateing and i quote " Ringworm wants to sell his stuff, but get this.......Is this another shoester5?"

I never refused to give him any info.
I gave him the standard name and address i give to EVERYONE.
he seems to be the only one who has any problems with it.
Oh, excuse me hotrod for not sending you my cell phone number so you could call me about the 100 pieces of brass.

I did nothing to this man.
I had dis brass packaged and sitting on the table at 0730 this AM ready to ship as soon as the PO opened.

Did he have shoemakers first name?
Yep
Did he have shoemakers phone #?
yep
Did he have shoemakers e-mail?
yep
did he and a lot of other people get stuck?
yep
HAVE I EVER [bleep] ANYONE?
nope.

and some of you think I have fault in this.
give me a break. you dont defend yourself when attacked without provocation?

If he didnt want to do buisness with me how come he sent me his shipping address after i sent him mine?
Also, why did he go back and edit hi PM's to me?

he never asked me for ANY personal info, guys.

he got scared over his loss to shoemaker and this was how he renigs on the transaction with me.

its that simple. look at the sequence of posts...
WTS Assorted Brass Free Classifieds hotrodusa
WTS Bullets and brass Free Classifieds hotrodusa
No Name, No phone number, No email, WTF is going on Here! Free Classifieds hotrodusa

when I do a transaction I only provide my shipping info, we're in contact through PM's so why is the additional info needed?

if I'm ASKED to give my phone number or email, I will but I don't provide that normally, its not NEEDED to complete the transaction.

I think its best to drop the whole thing and move on. no one will come out a winner in this if it keeps up, IMO
People are [bleep]
If the correct amount of funds was received why not just ship the brass and be done with this ...... or am I missing something here?
HEY RWORM....I'm HAVING A TALL COLD ONE...........OF METAMUSIL...want some.... laugh laugh laugh also took 650 mlg's of Arthrits med...but that's for me.....

everyone has got to lighten up ...... this country is burning down around us and we are shoot'n each other...over name/number's and addresses...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mike Sr.
Not sure how me commenting on your attitude is a stab in the back?? Or, how making you an offer publically is something that should make a person pissed.
Wow, I guess I need to start being more judicious about who I do deals with on here. I've never had a problem so far but there seem to be several loser on here lately.
I won't do a deal with anyone that won't provide me with full contact info - if I ask for same. I provide it automatically - what's the big deal?
Originally Posted by ringworm
let me tell you guys something mr hotrod is NOT.
after posting he would take my brass i PM's him my address and asked for his. i told him i would get his brass out ASAP. he sent me a message asking for my mailing address again. that was all. i gave it to him again... and pointed out that i had already posted it "above" (as in follow the post, UP). that was 05/21/09 04:42 PM.
now this AM he gets a wild hair up his arse over some other guy in SC who has ripped him off and decides to blanket bomb me.
Did he PM me and say "please give me your cell phone number" or "hey, whats your first name?"
NO.
he waits a day and a half and then starts a post stateing and i quote " Ringworm wants to sell his stuff, but get this.......Is this another shoester5?"

I never refused to give him any info.
I gave him the standard name and address i give to EVERYONE.
he seems to be the only one who has any problems with it.
Oh, excuse me hotrod for not sending you my cell phone number so you could call me about the 100 pieces of brass.

I did nothing to this man.
I had dis brass packaged and sitting on the table at 0730 this AM ready to ship as soon as the PO opened.

Did he have shoemakers first name?
Yep
Did he have shoemakers phone #?
yep
Did he have shoemakers e-mail?
yep
did he and a lot of other people get stuck?
yep
HAVE I EVER [bleep] ANYONE?
nope.

and some of you think I have fault in this.
give me a break. you dont defend yourself when attacked without provocation?

ringworm, you are lieing through your teeth, I asked you several times for your first name, phone number, and email addy, and you replyed with look at first post, which honly had youi last name and mail address. I did edit my post, after I figured you were being very difficult to trust.

You keep bringing up this other deal with shoester5,why dont you stay out of it, it dint envole you, and I didnt ask you to get envolved. To set the matters straight on your comment about it, I did have his full name and address, I did NOT have his phone number or email addy, which I regret, you just assumed I did, and I cant figure out why you are commenting on that topic.

Fact is, I asked you for your first name twice, and you had a smart ass comment to look at first post, which only had a first enitial and last name, NO FIRST NAME. So I had a red flag and asked for more info, and you denied it. Funny thing is your Lieing and you keep digging yourself deeper in mud..........
And I see some people here are disliking me also do to this posting. Cant please everyone.

Money is not the issue here its lack of communication, which was not happening in the PM's.

My conclusion on ringworms latest post you made, is your a LIER...............
Originally Posted by tal35
Not sure how me commenting on your attitude is a stab in the back?? Or, how making you an offer publically is something that should make a person pissed.

I'm not pissed at you, I just dont think its right to post an public offer in someone elses ad, thats what PM's are for.

Why was this matter brought up here in this topic ? To stab me in the back and make me look bad, right ? you thought you'd through some mud on my face cause I did not accept your public offer, right? I'm still not pissed, but I'm laugh'n over your bringing this up here.
Think you both need to go have a few drinks and get laid.

Talk about drama over nothing.

Can't we all just get along? smile

Fight nice fellas.
He said.........she said. Let's move on!!!!
Hey ringworm, just recognized you. I met you down toward Gaffney and bought the red pad Ruger 77 .270 from you. Put a Nikon Monarch on it and it shoots 3/4" 100 yd groups with Federal factory 130's. Whoever did the bedding and trigger had a clue. Still have the 25-06 Whitworth BTW.

Can't help but think this has all been overblown thru a kind of "guilt by association". Yeah, it's a real pisser to get ripped. Been thru it. All I can say is on the deal ringworm and I had, each of us provided sufficient info to conclude the deal even though it was initiated thru another website.

Bottom line, if you're not comfortable with the terms don't do the deal.
I have no dog in this fight, but taking this public was the wrong thing to do. This never should have hit this forum. Period. Ringworm did nothing wrong here, in my opinion. If you are uncomfortable with the way a transaction's going, at least give the seller the benefit of the doubt, and a chance to work it out before you purposely, and maliciously try to destroy his reputation. As was said by another, there's one person I won't be doing business with, and IT SHURE AIN'T THE SELLER!
I have sold only a few things here, and I give out my email address, ph # and residence. That way the buyer knows I am a up front guy who's probably not going to stiff him. I would want the same in return fome sombody who I bought from. COVER MY BASES! I think everyone here should do the same, it would eliminate a lot of this nonsense. Why would someone want to be descreet? It's only common sense.
GEEZ...never seen so much freaking WHINING! Classifieds died last week with the BIG EVENT and now this??? WOW!
As many have said in many different ways..........Let us all move on, don't like the music? Hit "off", don't like the picture? Change channels - WHATEVER!!

Now, let us all go and either burn powder, reload or - anything but this.
brought it up only because at the time I thought it was petty that you whined about it, and now you are getting all stirred up about something else as petty.
Originally Posted by shootem
Hey ringworm, just recognized you. I met you down toward Gaffney and bought the red pad Ruger 77 .270 from you. Put a Nikon Monarch on it and it shoots 3/4" 100 yd groups with Federal factory 130's. Whoever did the bedding and trigger had a clue. Still have the 25-06 Whitworth BTW.

Can't help but think this has all been overblown thru a kind of "guilt by association". Yeah, it's a real pisser to get ripped. Been thru it. All I can say is on the deal ringworm and I had, each of us provided sufficient info to conclude the deal even though it was initiated thru another website.

Bottom line, if you're not comfortable with the terms don't do the deal.

oh your killing me.
the one with the fullfield II 4.5-14 on it right?
ouch.
man if i hadnt just sent off money for brads kimber i'd be all over the whitworth.
what a steal...i kick myself just thinking about it.

you interested in a nice remington mountain rifle?
didnt you have a twin in 375 to that rifle?
Originally Posted by cal74
Think you both need to go have a few drinks and get laid.

Talk about drama over nothing.

Now that sounds like a good idea......... laugh
No dog in the fight but if you want to know what really ticks me off, here goes. When you buy an item and you recieve it before you have time to get the payment to the seller. Don't you just hate when that happens. MOST MEMBERS CAN BE TRUSTED, JUST USE A LITTLE COMMON SENSE. I HAVE BOUGHT AND SOLD QUIET A BIT AND HAVE YET LIE OR TO BE LIED TO. GUESS I AM JUST LUCKY. BY THE WAY I LIVE IN SC ALSO, PLEASE DON'T JUDGE US ALL BY ONE BAD APPLE.
Safe shooting
Doug
opinion of the 7mm-08 versus the 308???

I don't have a dog in this fight, but as a personal preference I won't buy from or even sell to anyone that isn't man (or woman) enough to share their name, phone number(s), and address with me and I check those against each other to make sure (as well as possible on the net) they synch.

Where I'm from real men stand up on their hind legs, look you in the eye, shake your hand, and introduce themselves. In the cyber world we share here there are similar techniques that most people on the Campfire have been using for quite some time. I don't have any idea why someone would attempt to hide behind a handle or email address if they expected to buy or sell but then again... I'm old school.

This pi$$ing contest should have been taken to PM or email before it made both parties concerned look like fools.

Just one man's opinion,
$bob$
I can assure you there are at least two more members in this thread I won't be doing business with...
Originally Posted by RDMartin53
GEEZ...never seen so much freaking WHINING! Classifieds died last week with the BIG EVENT and now this??? WOW!

definetly need a separate category for Whining. Either above classifieds of just below it
Since this thread is currently at the top of the page and I won't be bumping anyones classified post down, I'll make a comment. How about one of the moderators moving this thread to a different section. People are trying to sell their stuff and others are looking to buy stuff. This is the Classifieds section. The two original parties need to correspond via PM or anything else besides this section. I'm out.
THIS WHOLE THREAD IS DISGUSTING!!!!I see no reasonable explanation for this ending up as a public pissing match.IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THE DUDE,MOVE THE [bleep] ON,AND SHUT THE [bleep] UP..Instead of Crying like a 3rd grade girl,and trying to get everyone else to start slinging mud.That being said I have slung my dialy allotment of mud,GOODPHUKNDAY!
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post
Somebody please kill this thread.
Originally Posted by dogolden
Somebody please kill this thread.
it was on its wy down and you brought it back up whistle

THE END
Why in the world would the mods let this thing keep keeping on I'll never know. Really beneficial to the site for sure.........and OBTW, I didn't bump it more than two spots...

KILL IT - KILL IT

REDRUM.........REDRUM..........REDRUM THIS THREAD, LOCK IT OR SUMTHIN........PLEASE.
© 24hourcampfire