Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
and follow this... I never refused to give him any info.
i listed my mailing address to my home in the first PM i sent. he asked for it again later and i posted the same info.
thi stems from the the fall out over some shoemaker guy who screwed some people on a brass order.
someone i might add DID give his first name
DID give his phone number and DID give an e-mail.
Now my character gets pulled into question? BS...

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
After reading this thread I've lined someone off my "doing business with" list. And, it ain't the seller.

Jim
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ringworm is an honest guy, although some of his points of view are wrong LOL J/K smile

he won't screw anyone, he's a stand up guy. by starting this post, its the seller who wanted to make a pain for everyone. absolutely no reason for it. I have never asked for someones phone number, or email address unless its to send pictures.
send the payment, they send the product. its that simple. sorry you got burned by that other dude, but seriously guy, don't take it out on the next man that comes along.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
hotrod got pissed at me for making an offer for his 5.7brass in public, maybe he is having a couple bad days.

Last edited by tal35; 05/23/09.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ringworm
and follow this... I never refused to give him any info.
i listed my mailing address to my home in the first PM i sent. he asked for it again later and i posted the same info.

I asked twice for his first name, after he sent me his mail addy for the money, and I got a smart ass answer to look at first post. I never did get his first name. I'd expect that from an 8 year old.

If you want to remain anonymous thats fine but I'm not dealing with such people.

I call BS to his posts here in which he's hopeing for some pitty.
Looks like some fell for it.

To you all that think this should go to PM, re-read this from begining. ringworm does NOT, I repete NOT communicate in a PM, in which it came here in the classifieds. Hard to understand for some!

And for the people here that dont want to deal with me because of this post, well thats your choice.

I had another bad deal with gumby58 here on the campfire some time ago, in which he was very ellusive with contact info, and then after I sent the money he failed to ship my purchase item, that is until I had the police envolved.

Bottom line is if its too much trouble to Give a buyer/seller some contact info they request, the sale/purchase has good potential for a bad ending..............

Communication is everything.................

hotrodusa.....N.R.A. Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tal35
hotrod got pissed at me for making an offer for his 5.7brass in public, maybe he is having a couple bad days.

Ohh a stab in the back, that herts............

Give it a twist too why dont you

hotrodusa.....N.R.A. Life Member
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Last four times I attempted to sell items on here (brass, scope, scope rings, and AR lowers) all the buyers who pm'ed me saying they would take it never followed up with the cash. Granted, 3 of the 4 were sort of new members (less than 100 posts) but the quality of these classifieds has went down. It is not worth the aggrevation to try to sell something here anymore.

Last edited by Snowwolfe; 05/23/09.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
the quality of these classifieds has went down. It is not worth the aggrevation to try to sell something here anymore.

Overall that is the shame here as great deals from some great people can had.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No Dog in this Fight, but the pic with names/address should be removed pronto and this taken to pm's. Not good for the forum or those viewing.

And FWIW, I wouldn't buy a box of Kleenex tissue from you after reading your smarta$$ replies to several posts and certainly not after seeing your Oscar Winning performance on this issue. All this after joining the forum less than 8 months prior.

It saddens me to see what has happened to the 24HCF forums recently, especially the Classifeds. There was a time when members here presented themselves in a courteous fashion with dignity and reserve. It appears we have moved away from that period to a time of raucous arrogance, personal attacks, and character assassinations.

Stated with reserve, perhaps it is time for me to surf elsewhere. I hesitate to make that statement, for certainly I'll will miss those 'Old Timers' here, who offered a kindred spirit of good humor & good advice, a pleasant bartering atmosphere, and an occassionaly good ribbing with no harm intended.

I'll watch from the sidelines for a while ............

NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've always had excellent service from sellers, and tried to offer it as a buyer and seller, here on the Classifieds. We all need to try to keep it that way.

IC B3

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
while I tend to be more trusting of people here than I sometimes feel I should, I have no problem with someone wanting my personal information prior to closing a deal ...

who am I to judge what $20, $30, or even $40 means to someone? I know people that have very little money to spare, and others that can drop a few grand w/out it affecting them in any way ... IOW, the amount of money is meaningless in the equation ...

If I ask for someone's personal info prior to closing a deal, and they refuse to give it, a red flag is immediately raised, and I walk away ... I would expect a potential buyer to do the same to me if I refused to give them the peace of mind they require to close a deal with me.

It's really very simple though, when it all comes down to it. If either party is unwilling to do what the other party is asking in order to close the deal, then they should just agree to part ways with no hard feelings.

-WGM-
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm feelin the same way, too much underwear in a bunch. Clay, you can't go anywhere, who will post pool pictures? smile

"May the LORD bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you, may He be gracious and give you peace"
from Numbers 6:24-26

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Blacktail308
I'm feelin the same way, too much underwear in a bunch. Clay, you can't go anywhere, who will post pool pictures? smile

Ain't that the truth!

Clay, how about some pool pics. After all summer's almost here.

Last edited by ddurst; 05/23/09.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You accept a man's money he deserves your personal info such as name,email address and telephone number.Quit playing games.Grow up both of you.I now have TWO names I would not do business with.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 05/23/09.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by WGM
while I tend to be more trusting of people here than I sometimes feel I should, I have no problem with someone wanting my personal information prior to closing a deal ...

who am I to judge what $20, $30, or even $40 means to someone? I know people that have very little money to spare, and others that can drop a few grand w/out it affecting them in any way ... IOW, the amount of money is meaningless in the equation ...

If I ask for someone's personal info prior to closing a deal, and they refuse to give it, a red flag is immediately raised, and I walk away ... I would expect a potential buyer to do the same to me if I refused to give them the peace of mind they require to close a deal with me.

It's really very simple though, when it all comes down to it. If either party is unwilling to do what the other party is asking in order to close the deal, then they should just agree to part ways with no hard feelings.

Normally I wouldn't involve myself in something like this but this gentleman stated my opinion perfectly.

NRA Benefactor - Patron - Endowment - Life Member
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
let me tell you guys something mr hotrod is NOT.
after posting he would take my brass i PM's him my address and asked for his. i told him i would get his brass out ASAP. he sent me a message asking for my mailing address again. that was all. i gave it to him again... and pointed out that i had already posted it "above" (as in follow the post, UP). that was 05/21/09 04:42 PM.
now this AM he gets a wild hair up his arse over some other guy in SC who has ripped him off and decides to blanket bomb me.
Did he PM me and say "please give me your cell phone number" or "hey, whats your first name?"
NO.
he waits a day and a half and then starts a post stateing and i quote " Ringworm wants to sell his stuff, but get this.......Is this another shoester5?"

I never refused to give him any info.
I gave him the standard name and address i give to EVERYONE.
he seems to be the only one who has any problems with it.
Oh, excuse me hotrod for not sending you my cell phone number so you could call me about the 100 pieces of brass.

I did nothing to this man.
I had dis brass packaged and sitting on the table at 0730 this AM ready to ship as soon as the PO opened.

Did he have shoemakers first name?
Yep
Did he have shoemakers phone #?
yep
Did he have shoemakers e-mail?
yep
did he and a lot of other people get stuck?
yep
HAVE I EVER [bleep] ANYONE?
nope.

and some of you think I have fault in this.
give me a break. you dont defend yourself when attacked without provocation?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If he didnt want to do buisness with me how come he sent me his shipping address after i sent him mine?
Also, why did he go back and edit hi PM's to me?

he never asked me for ANY personal info, guys.

he got scared over his loss to shoemaker and this was how he renigs on the transaction with me.

its that simple. look at the sequence of posts...
WTS Assorted Brass Free Classifieds hotrodusa
WTS Bullets and brass Free Classifieds hotrodusa
No Name, No phone number, No email, WTF is going on Here! Free Classifieds hotrodusa

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
when I do a transaction I only provide my shipping info, we're in contact through PM's so why is the additional info needed?

if I'm ASKED to give my phone number or email, I will but I don't provide that normally, its not NEEDED to complete the transaction.

I think its best to drop the whole thing and move on. no one will come out a winner in this if it keeps up, IMO

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
People are [bleep]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
If the correct amount of funds was received why not just ship the brass and be done with this ...... or am I missing something here?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (300_savage, 2ndwind, 673, 1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 375TN, 17 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,874
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.