Home
Purchased a Ruger Hawkeye African in .375 Ruger from Mark. Took forever to receive the rifle - always a problem with UPS, etc. Finally get the rifle part worked out but I was also supposed to receive a box of factory ammo in the deal. Naturally, he forgot that in the back seat of his car but he was going to ship it right away. Then, he goes on vacation for a week. Then, he needs my address again. Weeks go by and still no ammo. Now he will not reply to my messages. Stay away from this guy.
Well if you look at his user name he joined 5/8/12, and was last online 5/19/12 so it looks like he joined just to unload that rifle and hasn't used the site since. Really hope you have more info then just a username on here as your contact info from someone you bought a rifle from! Also at least you got the rifle, the ammo isn't really all that big of a deal in the long run.
Let's not forget the last time we had a noob publically callout a noob.
18 posts between them!
Generally do Accurate Reloading and Ebay -- not Campfire. I feel safe in saying that I have completed more online transactions than most of the people who will read this post.

I have been buying/selling high grade watches and guns online for about 20 years.

So dye7barrel, I don't know of the "noob" situation you speak of, but I get the feeling it probably does not apply in this case.

I guess I need to do a bunch of +1's, "thumbs up", and "bump for a nice ______" so I will be more legitimate.
Originally Posted by nsaqam
18 posts between them!

Recently noticed a good deal here but after a check of the sellers 185+ posts all in classifieds and all were up for sale post or bumps never a sold or spf.
You would think they have something of value to add to other forums besides a for sale post!!
If a box ammo is all i lost in a deal with someone who ignores mail contact after receiving the money then i would feel lucky , at least you got the rifle. I don't like doing business with people who have only just joined the Forum and all of their five or ten post are in the classified . These deals have all the making of going bad once the money has been sent .
Funny how the noobs always get upset by being called a noob. confused miles
Lets not be hasty saying you don't trust new members , I am a relatively new member and have purchased a few things from here I think this is a great place to buy sell trade. I will be 62 yrs old soon and have always been a man of my word.
Bill
By posting this, I am one post further away from noobery and one step closer to riding my very own anti-noob high horse.
Originally Posted by TXpitdog
By posting this, I am one post further away from noobery and one step closer to riding my very own anti-noob high horse.
I'll call you and raise you one to further my count as well. LOL
We were all new here at one time, and when we discussed ballistics in the hunting form, pet loads in the reloading forum or custom guns in the customs forum, we lost that 'noob' smell. People can get upset as they want because they are new, but face it... most of the problems come from people who are on the fire only to sell items. Most of them are from new members. You dont get many of the old times ripping people off on this site, but it does happen. Face the facts, it isnt personal... people need to protect themselves. Maybe if the new guys sent the gun first, and I sent out payments after I recieved it.... things would work better, or is that taking this 'trust' thing too far? If I am going to send $1000 off in the mail, telling me that I am prejudiced about post counts doesnt make me feel any better....
Originally Posted by BigBoreMan
Stay away from this guy: "Hollar Hunter"

I'll say thank you for the warning. I can't stand excuses and deadbeats! I don't give a Rats-A how many post you have.

DMc
Lets not be hasty saying you don't trust new members , I am a relatively new member and have purchased a few things from here I think this is a great place to buy sell trade.

You seem to be a noob that can't read and comprehend. All I said was funny how noobs get upset about being called a noob. miles
18 posts between them!
There's your sign!
I just put up a warning to prevent this from happening to someone else.

I couldn't care less about the $60 box of ammo or somebody calling me a noob. I have a dog that has required about $60,000 in treatment and basically 24 hour care for the past 2 years. I have a family member who is facing a high probability of inflammatory breast cancer (biopsy will be back tomorrow). On top of all that I have a full time job and a family of my own to take care of.

I don't have the time, energy, or desire to spend countless hours building my post count.
BigBore I appreciate the Warning
I forgot to thank you for the warning as well.
Yea me too. Thanks man.
BigBoreMan, thanks for the info. Just checking, how many post do you need before it becomes wrong to rip you off?
"I have a dog that has required about $60,000 in treatment"

Holy kibbles and bits Batman.
Tough to draw the line on your dog...

Thanks for the notice, no time for deadbeats.

Welcome to the 'fire.
I feel safe in saying that I have completed more online transactions than most of the people who will read this post.

I have been buying/selling high grade watches and guns online for about 20 years.

braggarts and BIG talkers are funny...your 1st line may be true but I call bullschitt. If it were true you wouldn't be whining over a box of shells. Post your fleabay , AR and GB usernames so we can check out feedback on you wink
I have a dog that has required about $60,000 in treatment and basically 24 hour care for the past 2 years.

I wouldn't...
Originally Posted by 16bore
"I have a dog that has required about $60,000 in treatment"

Holy kibbles and bits Batman.

Damn, I wouldn't spend that on anyone else's dog...

Hope it all works out for you and yours..

g
I have a dog that has required about $60,000 in treatment and basically 24 hour care for the past 2 years.

I would have a dead dog
If you have a dog you have invested $60,000 into, you're a [bleep] moron, unless you're a multi-millionaire. Then again, if you were, I would highly doubt you would give a rats ass about one damn box of shells.
Originally Posted by huntsonora

I would have a dead dog

And $59,990 along with some great memories of my dear departed friend.
I think he meant $6000.00 not $60,000.00...Anyway thanks for the heads up.
I've said it before.... these threads never turn out well.

I know they are started with good intentions, but always devolve into a mess. crazy
okie44
Loc: midland tx

Originally Posted by okie44
BigBoreMan, thanks for the info. Just checking, how many post do you need before it becomes wrong to rip you off?

wink
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
If you have a dog you have invested $60,000 into, you're a [bleep] moron, unless you're a multi-millionaire. Then again, if you were, I would highly doubt you would give a rats ass about one damn box of shells.

So if you have a few bucks, getting ripped off for a measley $60 shouldn't be an issue?

I believe his post was to warn off others, not a means to re-coup his box of shells.
Originally Posted by eh76
I feel safe in saying that I have completed more online transactions than most of the people who will read this post.

braggarts and BIG talkers are funny...your 1st line may be true but I call bullschitt. If it were true you wouldn't be whining over a box of shells. Post your fleabay , AR and GB usernames so we can check out feedback on you wink

I'll put it plain and simple....... eh76: your an jackazz

What do you want to do? Get out a microscope to see if he has posted enough to your liking on other sites? And at what number of posts does it make it wrong for another to steal from him or do him wrong? The man just told you he did it to warn others. And he obviously is having way too many other concerns and problems in life.
Where in the world do you better than thou clowns come from?
Who cares how many post counts. We all started with zero. Doesn't make you less of a human. It may be a sign of caution I agree. But that is it. Doesn't make any difference if a guy only posts in the classifieds either. I do plenty of that myself. Almost all buying from other members. But I've done a small amount of selling too. So what? If a guy does nothing but sell, maybe that's a sign of caution. But again he is not doing anything wrong. Just offering up items to sell.
All you "better than thou" snobs should take another look, wake up, and get over yourselves.
+1
Pot meet kettle. Funny how a lot of the noobs and the ones that only hang out in the classified, want us to accept anything. Ie. don't look too hard at us and form buying criteria. Act a lot like Democrats. grin miles
Originally Posted by milespatton
Pot meet kettle. Funny how a lot of the noobs and the ones that only hang out in the classified, want us to accept anything. Ie. don't look too hard at us and form buying criteria. Act a lot like Democrats. grin miles

Yep.

There is a reason you almost never see a call out post initiated by a longtime or high post count member.
Are we just lucky or do we know something that the noobs and the Classified only guys don't?

Yep.

There is a reason you almost never see a call out post initiated by a longtime or high post count member.
Are we just lucky or do we know something that the noobs and the Classified only guys don't?

Yeah Ken - it's called restraint, seemingly practiced better in other Forums than the Classified...where the Fire knowledge is really exchanged. I apprecaite the heads up on a problem seller, just not the ten page slug fest afterwards. Well, unless it's 22WRF..
I apprecaite the heads up on a problem seller, just not the ten page slug fest afterwards.

Me too. I just get a laugh about the new guys saying time after time, "Don't judge me on having a low post count/only post in the classifieds". Hell, that is all we have to judge you on. miles
I apprecaite the heads up on a problem seller, just not the ten page slug fest afterwards.

Me too. I just get a laugh about the new guys saying time after time, "Don't judge me on having a low post count/only post in the classifieds". Hell, that is all we have to judge you on. miles

Exactly.
Whoa! Calling someone a Democrat is way out of line. Might as well had pissed on his forehead grin
Should be good to go
BigBoreMan
I appreciate the info.Maby deadbeat is a little harsh.Certinly you had problems with a seller who wasn't on top of his game and that's always good to know.I wish you the best and will pray about your family health issues.

Guys
I would love to see a negative feedback section here.This 4 page,so far, thread however proves that it would be so muddled as to be useless without extreme restrictions.

The only way I can see that such a thing could work is if someone could post a 1-10 feedback number,under another members classified feedback profile section.Even then you might have false reports.

It would seem that good judgement and a little caution are the best tools to prevent bad deals,even though they have already caused me to miss out on some great buys.
Not one to chime in very much, but I have been here 4 years and average about 1 post per month. Don't think I will make to the 1000 mark at this pace. I am more of a lurker or pm most correspondence due to the expertise that I lack or for that matter, don't display. I am very thankful for a lot of the members here that try to help out us "noobs". I guess I have been fortunate in the fact I haven't had issues with sales or purchases but full disclosure has worked for me. Anyone can look and see my posts are all but a few in the classifieds. If someone doesn't want my money or item I'm ok with it. I do like this site mainly because of the classifieds and the info that is accessible. Heck, a gun store open 24 hrs, what's not to like! Johnny
Generally do Accurate Reloading and Ebay -- not Campfire. I feel safe in saying that I have completed more online transactions than most of the people who will read this post.

So dye7barrel, I don't know of the "noob" situation you speak of, but I get the feeling it probably does not apply in this case.

# of posts doesn't always mean anything. there are members here that wear two hats, I have been burned on this site twice by HIGH POST COUNT members and on another site by a member here that has several thousand post on this site.
First, let me say that I have been friends with BigBoreMan for about 22 years. Next, I am a also a noob because I don't do any business online.

He was telling me about this on the phone and I just couldn't resist taking a look. After reading some of the foolish comments I decided I would make my first and probably last post on an internet forum.

Let me help you with a few of your questions. Yes, he will spend every dime he has on a dog. I remember when his dog Rosie got sick she spent about a month in ICU at the NC State Vet School and he drove about 75 extra miles EVERY DAY SEVEN DAYS A WEEK to go see her. He loves his dogs more than most people love their kids. As a matter of fact, he just took in another stray a few weeks ago. Another burden he doesn't have time for but he did it anyway.

In regard to his online business transactions, I have never known him when he wasn't buying and selling Rolex's and a bunch of other watches that I can't pronounce the name of.

He is the guy that your wife tells you that you should be more like and yes my wife has used that line on me a few times. If you actually knew him you would agree. I honestly believe I have become a better person just by being around him. He treats his family and friends like gold and anyone else who needs him.

I could go on for the next couple of hours but if you haven't got the picture by now I don't think it would make any difference. All I can say is that he has been there for me both financially and personally when I had a problem and everyone would be fortunate to have this guy on their side. To the people who still have questions - to hell with you.

Originally Posted by FishFinder
First, let me say that I have been friends with BigBoreMan for about 22 years. Next, I am a also a noob because I don't do any business online.

He was telling me about this on the phone and I just couldn't resist taking a look. After reading some of the foolish comments I decided I would make my first and probably last post on an internet forum.

Let me help you with a few of your questions. Yes, he will spend every dime he has on a dog. I remember when his dog Rosie got sick she spent about a month in ICU at the NC State Vet School and he drove about 75 extra miles EVERY DAY SEVEN DAYS A WEEK to go see her. He loves his dogs more than most people love their kids. As a matter of fact, he just took in another stray a few weeks ago. Another burden he doesn't have time for but he did it anyway.

In regard to his online business transactions, I have never known him when he wasn't buying and selling Rolex's and a bunch of other watches that I can't pronounce the name of.

He is the guy that your wife tells you that you should be more like and yes my wife has used that line on me a few times. If you actually knew him you would agree. I honestly believe I have become a better person just by being around him. He treats his family and friends like gold and anyone else who needs him.

I could go on for the next couple of hours but if you haven't got the picture by now I don't think it would make any difference. All I can say is that he has been there for me both financially and personally when I had a problem and everyone would be fortunate to have this guy on their side. To the people who still have questions - to hell with you.

Oh Lord...
I could go on for the next couple of hours but if you haven't got the picture by now I don't think it would make any difference.

And another noob takes us to school. grin miles
I have a dog that has required about $60,000 in treatment and basically 24 hour care for the past 2 years. I don't have the time, energy, or desire to spend countless hours building my post count.
You related to Leona Helmsley?

I just get a laugh about the new guys saying time after time, "Don't judge me on having a low post count/only post in the classifieds". Hell, that is all we have to judge you on. miles
Yap!
Originally Posted by BillCannell
Lets not be hasty saying you don't trust new members , I am a relatively new member and have purchased a few things from here I think this is a great place to buy sell trade. I will be 62 yrs old soon and have always been a man of my word.
Bill
Bingo!! I have had sold stuff on here and some folks ask if I will hold the item till they have the funds in 1, 2, 3 weeks and I do. Great people to buy, sell and trade here.

Bigsqueeze is this you?
60k in a dog that has required 2 years of 24 hr care!.....doesn't sound like the dog has a very good life to me? I'm more than all for helpin the dog but sounds like its suffered for two years and that's sad. Seems to be puttin it to sleep would be a much more humane thing to do.

You've got a little something on your chin....
Originally Posted by wildchild2010
Bill
Bingo!! I have had sold stuff on here and some folks ask if I will hold the item till they have the funds in 1, 2, 3 weeks and I do. Great people to buy, sell and trade here.

ya, wait til one of these great guys burns you in a deal then we'll talk. this forum is full of [bleep] and con artists. worst one i've seen and i belong to a lot. i check in every once in a while just to see whose being a dick today. hey, today i guess its me!!

see you in a few...
You're full of chit Rem141r.

This is quite simply the finest firearm, shooting and hunting website on the 'net.

Populated by some of the finest people I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.
I don't think that the problem is so much that someone has a low post count,as that we just don't know the people.
Join the rest of the board, state some opinions, let us judge your values from some of your non commercial posts.
There are many people here that I consider friends that I have never met, and I would never hesitate to deal with them for any amount of money.
People who are only here to buy and sell will always be strangers. They may eventually be trusted, but they will never be known.
I think BigBoreMan needs the box of shells so he can shoot his dog. He was down to his last $50 when Hollar Hunter screwed him.
Well said Tracks!
Originally Posted by brymoore
I think BigBoreMan needs the box of shells so he can shoot his dog. He was down to his last $50 when Hollar Hunter screwed him.

Quote of the day..................
You're full of chit Rem141r.

This is quite simply the finest firearm, shooting and hunting website on the 'net.

Populated by some of the finest people I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

+1000000 NSAQAM, if the population of the world conducted themselves and their business dealings like the averages here on the 'fire, we wouldn't have any problems in the world today.

SALUTE to the 'Fire, it's a damn fine place.

Gunner
Originally Posted by Tracks
I don't think that the problem is so much that someone has a low post count,as that we just don't know the people.
Join the rest of the board, state some opinions, let us judge your values from some of your non commercial posts.
There are many people here that I consider friends that I have never met, and I would never hesitate to deal with them for any amount of money.
People who are only here to buy and sell will always be strangers. They may eventually be trusted, but they will never be known.

Well put.
Originally Posted by rem141r
Bill

ya, wait til one of these great guys burns you in a deal then we'll talk. this forum is full of [bleep] and con artists. worst one i've seen and i belong to a lot. i check in every once in a while just to see whose being a dick today. hey, today i guess its me!!

see you in a few...
This may be one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on here to date. This forum is full of great, informative and helpful people. Maybe you would have a better experience if you were'nt making comments like that.
Originally Posted by rem141r
Bill

see you in a few...
WOW JUST WOW.. Are you a bit bitter or WHAT? Maybe you should head over to one of the Liberal forums where you are more suited for. Hey the economy is bad, things are tight for most folks and if someone backs out of a deal BIG DEAL whether they contact or not. I am not going to make a thread in the classifieds forum calling them out for backing out. Kids in grade school do stuff like that.
Well, I think you're all noobs. In the more than 10 years I've known Rick, he's never suggested that I post more to gain credibility. I come to this site for knowledge. Some of the most knowledgable people in their fields are members of the 'Fire. I was taught that you don't learn anything while you are talking and if I don't have something constructive to say, I don't post just to post. This is not a social site for me. I'm not here to join a clique or be a buddy. I come here to learn from others' experiences. As for contributing to the site, reread this thread and tell many posts you consider contributing to the site. Or don't they count because they are in the Classifieds?

Why is it necessary to respond to this post at all? The way I read it he was just giving everyone a heads up. I don't think he was soliciting sympathy or comments one way or the other. Just because he's a new guy is no reason to make fun of or insult the manner in which he lives his life
ot to suggest that because of number of posts he has, he's not to be trusted. It almost seems like a form of cybernet bullying.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. In all my years, I've never had a bad transaction on the 'Fire, buying or selling. It is a shame though, that since this post is in the Classifieds, I'll not get credit.

OD
OD said it best.

I too joined here after reading the forums and gaining knowledge. Although I don't know Rick and I haven't been here long.

I have since bought quite a few items from the classifieds, even sold a few. And all was well.

I don't post much just read, until the other day I had a question I couldn't find the answer to. I was instantly berated for bumping an old post, and asking questions. A question that I still had after much reading and searching (how I found the old post in the first place).

Instead of getting an answer I was met with hostility, and dickishness I haven't seen since grade school.

So I went off and googled some more and eventually found my answer, Also got some help from a nice member here through pm's.
So I'm back now to reading, and gaining information as I don't have time to argue with some little jerk with a complex. Theres some great people here no doubt. But there's also a few a$$holes that post way too much and drive a once useful post into a biatch and moan party. These people also have a problem with some dood named "Larry" but I don't care enough too figure that one out... As I'm looking for useful information, not useless banter from some tiny d�cked moron with a keyboard.

So que the hate. I will be back to read it later... Right now I actually am looking for useful information.
Coach.
I know what you mean about finding useful info. Most of the time you can learn more by staying in the shadows.
I find MOST really knowledgeable members are fed up with the crap and don't post much.
This place, like all forums, is like kicking through a garbage dump.........every once in a while you find something you can use.
I don't post anything I would not say to a man's face ...............but, the cloak of anonymity hangs over ALL hidden name forums.
Cisco
I agree. Sometimes you can find some good info here. I read a lot and post very little. I guess that makes me less knowledgeable than some of the 12,000 plus posters who spend all day everyday posting on everything they read just to bump up their count. I took a minute to check out some of the high posters latest posts and their times and I have to wonder if these people have lives at all. Who spends 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week on an Internet forum? Seems to me there is much better ways to spend MY time. To each their own though.... Maybe they should turn the computer off and go outside and they wouldn't be so darn grouchy all the time. BTW, thanks to BigBore for the heads up. I don't care if someone has 5 posts I appreciate someone letting me know who the people are trying to rip everyone off. I would love to stay and chat but there are these crazy little things called my children running around here and I think I will take my own advice and go spend some time with them before bed.

Reno
© 24hourcampfire