Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Tracks
I don't think that the problem is so much that someone has a low post count,as that we just don't know the people.
Join the rest of the board, state some opinions, let us judge your values from some of your non commercial posts.
There are many people here that I consider friends that I have never met, and I would never hesitate to deal with them for any amount of money.
People who are only here to buy and sell will always be strangers. They may eventually be trusted, but they will never be known.

Well put.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r
Originally Posted by wildchild2010
Originally Posted by BillCannell
Lets not be hasty saying you don't trust new members , I am a relatively new member and have purchased a few things from here I think this is a great place to buy sell trade. I will be 62 yrs old soon and have always been a man of my word.
Bill
Bingo!! I have had sold stuff on here and some folks ask if I will hold the item till they have the funds in 1, 2, 3 weeks and I do. Great people to buy, sell and trade here.

ya, wait til one of these great guys burns you in a deal then we'll talk. this forum is full of [bleep] and con artists. worst one i've seen and i belong to a lot. i check in every once in a while just to see whose being a dick today. hey, today i guess its me!!

see you in a few...
This may be one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on here to date. This forum is full of great, informative and helpful people. Maybe you would have a better experience if you were'nt making comments like that.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by rem141r
Originally Posted by wildchild2010
Originally Posted by BillCannell
Lets not be hasty saying you don't trust new members , I am a relatively new member and have purchased a few things from here I think this is a great place to buy sell trade. I will be 62 yrs old soon and have always been a man of my word.
Bill
Bingo!! I have had sold stuff on here and some folks ask if I will hold the item till they have the funds in 1, 2, 3 weeks and I do. Great people to buy, sell and trade here.

ya, wait til one of these great guys burns you in a deal then we'll talk. this forum is full of [bleep] and con artists. worst one i've seen and i belong to a lot. i check in every once in a while just to see whose being a dick today. hey, today i guess its me!!

see you in a few...
WOW JUST WOW.. Are you a bit bitter or WHAT? Maybe you should head over to one of the Liberal forums where you are more suited for. Hey the economy is bad, things are tight for most folks and if someone backs out of a deal BIG DEAL whether they contact or not. I am not going to make a thread in the classifieds forum calling them out for backing out. Kids in grade school do stuff like that.

Last edited by wildchild2010; 06/30/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, I think you're all noobs. In the more than 10 years I've known Rick, he's never suggested that I post more to gain credibility. I come to this site for knowledge. Some of the most knowledgable people in their fields are members of the 'Fire. I was taught that you don't learn anything while you are talking and if I don't have something constructive to say, I don't post just to post. This is not a social site for me. I'm not here to join a clique or be a buddy. I come here to learn from others' experiences. As for contributing to the site, reread this thread and tell many posts you consider contributing to the site. Or don't they count because they are in the Classifieds?

Why is it necessary to respond to this post at all? The way I read it he was just giving everyone a heads up. I don't think he was soliciting sympathy or comments one way or the other. Just because he's a new guy is no reason to make fun of or insult the manner in which he lives his life
ot to suggest that because of number of posts he has, he's not to be trusted. It almost seems like a form of cybernet bullying.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. In all my years, I've never had a bad transaction on the 'Fire, buying or selling. It is a shame though, that since this post is in the Classifieds, I'll not get credit.

OD

There is a very fine line between idiotic and clever. Most internet posters have no idea where it is.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
OD said it best.

I too joined here after reading the forums and gaining knowledge. Although I don't know Rick and I haven't been here long.

I have since bought quite a few items from the classifieds, even sold a few. And all was well.

I don't post much just read, until the other day I had a question I couldn't find the answer to. I was instantly berated for bumping an old post, and asking questions. A question that I still had after much reading and searching (how I found the old post in the first place).

Instead of getting an answer I was met with hostility, and dickishness I haven't seen since grade school.

So I went off and googled some more and eventually found my answer, Also got some help from a nice member here through pm's.
So I'm back now to reading, and gaining information as I don't have time to argue with some little jerk with a complex. Theres some great people here no doubt. But there's also a few a$$holes that post way too much and drive a once useful post into a biatch and moan party. These people also have a problem with some dood named "Larry" but I don't care enough too figure that one out... As I'm looking for useful information, not useless banter from some tiny d�cked moron with a keyboard.

So que the hate. I will be back to read it later... Right now I actually am looking for useful information.

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Coach.
I know what you mean about finding useful info. Most of the time you can learn more by staying in the shadows.
I find MOST really knowledgeable members are fed up with the crap and don't post much.
This place, like all forums, is like kicking through a garbage dump.........every once in a while you find something you can use.
I don't post anything I would not say to a man's face ...............but, the cloak of anonymity hangs over ALL hidden name forums.
Cisco

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree. Sometimes you can find some good info here. I read a lot and post very little. I guess that makes me less knowledgeable than some of the 12,000 plus posters who spend all day everyday posting on everything they read just to bump up their count. I took a minute to check out some of the high posters latest posts and their times and I have to wonder if these people have lives at all. Who spends 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week on an Internet forum? Seems to me there is much better ways to spend MY time. To each their own though.... Maybe they should turn the computer off and go outside and they wouldn't be so darn grouchy all the time. BTW, thanks to BigBore for the heads up. I don't care if someone has 5 posts I appreciate someone letting me know who the people are trying to rip everyone off. I would love to stay and chat but there are these crazy little things called my children running around here and I think I will take my own advice and go spend some time with them before bed.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

194 members (12344mag, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 44mc, 375TN, 17 invisible), 1,645 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,963
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.