Home
Posted By: stumpman Just a note to buyers - 03/16/13
I have seen all the call out threads on here I don't want to call anyone out just let others know do some checking before buying.

I have an issue that came up. I have bought and sold to and from a lot of great folks on this and other sites and until now NEVER had a problem. My wife said i have been lucky to always have received what i bought the way it was described.
I wasn't as lucky this time.

Check out the sellers good before buying is all I can say.

I am waiting on the sellers final reply about what he is willng to do But have ordered parts to cure the problem right now at my expense.

Buyer be ware and do some checking good. This seller has almost all of his post in you guessed it the classifieds.

Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/16/13
Now back to your regular scheduled program
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/16/13
Originally Posted by stumpman
I have seen all the call out threads on here I don't want to call anyone out just let others know do some checking before buying.

I have an issue that came up. I have bought and sold to and from a lot of great folks on this and other sites and until now NEVER had a problem. My wife said i have been lucky to always have received what i bought the way it was described.
I wasn't as lucky this time.

Check out the sellers good before buying is all I can say.

I am waiting on the sellers final reply about what he is willng to do But have ordered parts to cure the problem right now at my expense.

Buyer be ware and do some checking good. This seller has almost all of his post in you guessed it the classifieds.

Imagine that!
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/16/13
I don't buy from any of the bottom feeders. Maybe some around here will get wise and boycott these jacka$$es.

It never used to be this way. In the last couple/3 years this place has become overgrown with bottom feeders who contribute nothing to the site. They are like leeches.

If it was up to me, anybody with more posts in the classifieds than all other forums combined would be gone. It would do this site a lot of good, IMO.

I really don't give a flying [bleep] who agrees with me and who doesn't......
Posted By: timl Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/16/13
I agree...a true measure of a man is how much crap he's posted online...
Posted By: Russdogg91 Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/16/13
what if I only this site to BUY from the classifieds? Does that make me a "Bottom feeder"...jacka$$
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/16/13
Originally Posted by timl

If you were able to differentiate between post count and post content you would find that nobody ever made such claim.

Given the fact that you haven't been here long enough to drink a cup of coffee, you haven't a clue as to what has gone on around here.

And that, renders your opinion invalid.

Thank you, have a nice day......
Posted By: stumpman Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/16/13
Originally Posted by Russdogg91
what if I only this site to BUY from the classifieds? Does that make me a "Bottom feeder"...jacka$$
Buying is a whole nother ball game. You send the money to the seller sight unseen he gets your money before he sends his item he can't lose. I bought a scope off of another sight $900.00 scope I only had 1 post on that site and don't go there much still the seller didn't care as he received his MO before sending his scope.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/16/13
Originally Posted by stumpman
...Check out the sellers good before buying is all I can say...

Despite the pissing at each other about post count or location and whether that qualifies someone or not, this is still good advice.

Posting only in Classifieds may raise a red flag but shouldn't automatically condemn someone, and we all started with 1 post no matter who you are. Instead look more closely at the content of the posts instead of the count or location. I've had generally good results but had one seller who wasn't exactly honest. A post-sale check of his posts showed a typical pattern to all of them - almost everything was NIB, there were always some "extras" thrown in to make it more enticing, and there was always some desperate reason why he was selling - need to pay medical bills, need to buy Christmas presents, need the money for this or that. Taking any ad individually didn't cause concern. Taking them as a whole would have made one a lot more suspicious of someone who seemingly had such a huge amount of money problems.

No one universal criteria for the validity of a seller fits everyone, but unfortunately as this place has grown over the years the OP's warning has become more valid. The vast majority of folks here are still honest, but never forget caveat emptor.
Posted By: fidge Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/16/13
And out of the 9399 post you still suck and I don't
care if you agree or not. Seems like most of the
Veteran here crys all the time about bull$hit. I'm a bottom
feeder because that what I like to do if you have a problem
with that GFY.

Sincerely yours, The Classified Cowboy
Posted By: MuskieMan223 Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/16/13
Sellers are the people that keep a Classified section on a site running. Without sellers, there would be NO buyers. If you dont have anything positive to contribute to a Classified section, then go to a gun show or flea market and get off the forums. What is wrong with people listing items for sale that others may need? Would you rather them just be thrown in the garbage than sent somewhere that they can be used? You statements dont make any logical sense, classifieds are meant for buying and seller, NOT DISCUSSIONS or DEBATES...honestly
Posted By: STXdeerhound Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/16/13
No I dont have alot of post on here but I have been around here for a long time. I feel like if any amount of money (say 20 or more) that you should take the time to make a five minute phone call. Most the time you can tell alot about someone in just a few minutes. Just my two cents
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/16/13
Originally Posted by MuskieMan223
Sellers are the people that keep a Classified section on a site running. Without sellers, there would be NO buyers. If you dont have anything positive to contribute to a Classified section, then go to a gun show or flea market and get off the forums. What is wrong with people listing items for sale that others may need? Would you rather them just be thrown in the garbage than sent somewhere that they can be used? You statements dont make any logical sense, classifieds are meant for buying and seller, NOT DISCUSSIONS or DEBATES...honestly

How about contributing to the body of knowledge found throughout this website which to me is the raison d'etre of these forums?
The Classifieds are a nice adjunct to the rest but certainly not the most valuable portion.
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/16/13
I will also add the sellers in general do not keep the Classifieds running.

HONEST and FORTHRIGHT sellers do.
Dishonest sellers can ruin a site very quickly.
Posted By: flyphishr Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/16/13
I still haven't figured out why people make posts in the classified forum that have nothing to with selling anything. The only thing it does is causes people to get into pissing matches about who's better then who.
Posted By: Bricktop Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/16/13
Originally Posted by Russdogg91
Mostly.
Posted By: stumpman Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/16/13
Originally Posted by flyphishr
I still haven't figured out why people make posts in the classified forum that have nothing to with selling anything. The only thing it does is causes people to get into pissing matches about who's better then who.
In this case it had everything to do with buying that is part of a clasified forum. I'm not sure how what I typed has anything to do with anyone being better then another just some have higher morals for the lack of the correct word and explain there items in the correct way to interested buyers before the sale is final.

If you don't like this thread no one made you or anyone else post or even look at it. I still haven't figured out why people who don't like these threads still post in them.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/16/13
Originally Posted by flyphishr

But I have the longer dick..

Top that! grin
Posted By: WBill Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/16/13
Well I guess I'm a Bottom Feeder! LOL I don't have an outrageous post count. Honestly I have lurked here since mid 1990's. I was told about this site by JJ Hack. Which I'm sure if I looked I could find the email suggesting it. Reading posts and such. Over the years I've seen some real rude posts. Of course they normally get dealt with quickly by the crew. But still, calling folks that have just started here "Bottom Feeders" Just ain't right! Every now and again somebody is going to get shafted. I know I have and it wasn't from here. But I have been screwed twice. Once on a Beretta 626 Onyx from what I considered a reputable LARGE out door sporting goods place in Maine. Said the shotgun looked like it had not been hunted and in pristine condition. It was real nice except for the dent in the right barrel. I paid a pristine price tag for that gun and again when I had the barrel fixed. The other was another reputable place with the initials of G&H. Again a double shotgun a Centure Liege Royal Crown. Had them shoot it and show me the primer marks on the empty shells. Sent me pictures of two perfect firing pin marks on the primers. Got the gun here fired it at the local sporting clays range and the first two shells out of the gun had pierced primers. Took it to an outstanding local gunsmith and $250 latter she'd shoot with out piercing primers.

So the moral of the story is; if you buy used it can cost ya. But I will guarantee it won't cost ya from me. Even though I'm a "Bottom Feeder"!

Cheers,
Wild Bill
Posted By: shumate Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/17/13
Well, no one really cares what you think. And you don't have anything to do with it. So shut up and go build me my bird house.
I know that I trade, sell, and buy off of here. Yes I am a Classified Cowboy. That does not bother me a bit. But I enjoy bartering and trading. If I wanted top $$, I would put it on GunBroker. But I would rather help out the regular, good folks on here. And you call this a "bottom feeder"? Just because everyone isn't like you, then they are wrong. You are a real piece of work guy.

Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I don't buy from any of the bottom feeders. Maybe some around here will get wise and boycott these jacka$$es.

It never used to be this way. In the last couple/3 years this place has become overgrown with bottom feeders who contribute nothing to the site. They are like leeches.

If it was up to me, anybody with more posts in the classifieds than all other forums combined would be gone. It would do this site a lot of good, IMO.

I really don't give a flying [bleep] who agrees with me and who doesn't......
Posted By: bbuddtec Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/17/13
Kinda like saying the only ppl you'll sell to at your yard sale are ppl on your street that you know.

I don't think I would have sold very much of anything, applying such an attitude/rule... but that's not what it's about, then, is it?

Go back to your chat forums and beat your chest there.

LOL
Posted By: milespatton Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/17/13
If I wanted top $$, I would put it on GunBroker. But I would rather help out the regular, good folks on here

Put everything at half price then. grin I think that you try to BS us. miles
Posted By: coflatlander Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/17/13
The only issues I have had buying or selling with online forums was with long time members that had over 5000 posts...... Two here, one on another forum

Bottom Feeders
Lots of Azzhats here at the campfire. Seems to be a bigger percentage at the classifieds. Course, it could just seem that way to me. Lots of good people at all places. miles
Posted By: kevin53 Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/17/13
Now girls don't get your panties in a wad. It happens on the Internet and will always happen. Roll the dice and see if you win or not when you buy on the Internet. Just part of it. As far as bottom feeders with low counts I think we all had a low count at one time. Just a thought.

Thank you Kevin

Posted By: TC1 Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/17/13
Originally Posted by timl

If you were able to differentiate between post count and post content you would find that nobody ever made such claim.

Given the fact that you haven't been here long enough to drink a cup of coffee, you haven't a clue as to what has gone on around here.

And that, renders your opinion invalid.

Thank you, have a nice day......

You are spot on but I did laugh when I read his post.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/17/13
[/quote]

How about contributing to the body of knowledge found throughout this website which to me is the raison d'etre of these forums?
[/quote]

That leaves me out then cause there is a hell of alot of more knowledge on this website than I possess, got some damn smart folks here.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/17/13
It seems that some here, no matter how plainly you try to put it, can not get past the post count thing.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POST COUNT.

Would I buy from someone who has been around longer that I am more familiar with? Of course. But do not take this to mean that people with low post counts are a$$holes, or crooks, or anything else. I'm quite certain many of them are fine people. As stated, we all had low post counts at one time.

I DO have a problem with those that post only in classifieds, but it is not because of post count, or because I think they are "beneath me", nor close. It is merely a case of 2 different types of people with 2 different agendas.

Does anybody here get it?

In a way, but with numerous post to peruse, you might get a clue about the man or woman that you are dealing with. YMMV. miles
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/17/13

The mere fact that you would insinuate that your type is somehow actually needed around here is laughable at best.

Before the classifieds became over run with with "classifieds cowboys" as you all seem to like to call yourselves, there was NEVER a shortage of buyers or sellers. EVER.

My problem with the "classifieds cowboys" is that they are NOT here because they are addicted to hunting/shooting etc. Like myself and most here. They are here because they are addicted to buying and selling. Plain and simple. Like some fat bitch eating Bon-Bons watching home shopping network, or on Ebay. Only they conduct their business here, because it is FREE.

Anybody here who is actually a real hunter/shooter has posts in the hunting/shooting forums that reflect it. The "cowboys" do not, because that is not where their interests lie. It is very plain to see, and a self-evident truth to anyone who has a clue.

What pisses me off is that if I want to post an item for a good price so that a fellow hunter/shooter can use it, I now have to worry about some bottom feeder scarfing it up merely so they can mark it up and sell it to another hunter/shooter for more money. So if you all want to sit there and pretend that you have no ill effect on the real hunters/shooters, your FOS and I ain't buying it.

You are all here for personal gain, and that's it. Leeching money out of the pockets of the real hunters/shooters.

Keep your $65/brick .22 ammo and jam it up your asse$, the real hunters/shooters can take care of each other just fine. But thanks so much for "trying to help us".........

Posted By: TC1 Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/17/13

Yes, it boils down to trust.

A lot of those that post here on the different forums and use the classified section as a way buy/sell/upgrade their equipment are here for the long haul and care about their reputation. By reading what a person posts on a lot of the other sections you can get a read on a persons character too.

When I see a post on here from a guy with a low post count and completely in the classified section I know he's only here for one reason and can only assume if the deal doesn't go well he'll be gone like the wind. It seems to me the majority of the problems on this board come from people who joined only to use this section. That's NOT a condemnation of everyone with a low post count or ALL those that mainly post here but there does seem to be a pattern here and I tend to shy away from those sellers even if the deal is tempting.

I wish there was a way to implement a policy like they have over on SniperHide where you have to have a certain post count before you can post items for sale in the classified section.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/17/13
Originally Posted by nasquam

Originally Posted by OU812Day
That leaves me out then cause there is a hell of alot of more knowledge on this website than I possess, got some damn smart folks here.

I'm sure most here would agree that asking questions and gaining knowledge is also contributing to the site.

The mere fact that you would insinuate that your type is somehow actually needed around here is laughable at best.

Before the classifieds became over run with with "classifieds cowboys" as you all seem to like to call yourselves, there was NEVER a shortage of buyers or sellers. EVER.

My problem with the "classifieds cowboys" is that they are NOT here because they are addicted to hunting/shooting etc. Like myself and most here. They are here because they are addicted to buying and selling. Plain and simple. Like some fat bitch eating Bon-Bons watching home shopping network, or on Ebay. Only they conduct their business here, because it is FREE.

Anybody here who is actually a real hunter/shooter has posts in the hunting/shooting forums that reflect it. The "cowboys" do not, because that is not where their interests lie. It is very plain to see, and a self-evident truth to anyone who has a clue.

What pisses me off is that if I want to post an item for a good price so that a fellow hunter/shooter can use it, I now have to worry about some bottom feeder scarfing it up merely so they can mark it up and sell it to another hunter/shooter for more money. So if you all want to sit there and pretend that you have no ill effect on the real hunters/shooters, your FOS and I ain't buying it.

You are all here for personal gain, and that's it. Leeching money out of the pockets of the real hunters/shooters.

Keep your $65/brick .22 ammo and jam it up your asse$, the real hunters/shooters can take care of each other just fine. But thanks so much for "trying to help us".........

Ok, so your saying since I, a classified cowboy. That I am not a real hunter/ shooter? Because I only wheel and deal on here? LOL, And since I don't get on the other pages, and post up some soft porn, that I have no passion about hunting or shooting? You are a Hipster!!! You have to tell and show everything that you have done. Wow, you are such an asshat. Ok, please shut your cockholster, because you are just making absolutely NO relevant sense at all! You don't know what I do, or how much I am against the dirt balls who buy crap, just to turn around and sell it at a profit on here. But you group EVERYONE on here who use the classifieds as one of them.
Ok, another smart guy here.

Tell me how I am BS,ing "us"? What, because YOU think I should sell something at a lower price?
Because I really have no damn clue what your stating, or asking. Maybe you can have one of your Cousin/girlfriends that might have a point or 2 IQ level above room temp translate this for me.

Originally Posted by milespatton
If I wanted top $$, I would put it on GunBroker. But I would rather help out the regular, good folks on here

Put everything at half price then. grin I think that you try to BS us. miles
Because I really have no damn clue what your stating, or asking.

And then then you go on to low rate my IQ! You stated that you could sell for more money on Gun broker, but you was just trying to help us poor folks out a little. I call BS. miles
Well [bleep], I never said a damn thing about helping "us poor folks out a little", I was saying I would prefer to deal with GOOD people who can use the items, or do some trading with them to get what I am looking for. Also give me a heads up of something I am looking for, or some very helpful advise. Instead of dealing with people I don't know, and have no kind of relations in that way. Yeah, I can make more. But this is not what I'm looking for. Rather deal with people who know my name, kinda all warm and fuzzy like Cheers! LOL

But Miles, I can give 2 $HITS less of what you think. Or what your refrigerator temp IQ mentality has deciphered. Seems to me, that you are assuming of what my actions are. But we all know what assuming makes an ass of yourself.

Because I really have no damn clue what your stating, or asking.

And then then you go on to low rate my IQ! You stated that you could sell for more money on Gun broker, but you was just trying to help us poor folks out a little. I call BS. miles
I was saying I would prefer to deal with GOOD people who can use the items,

So are you saying that the people that buy on gun broker are not good people and further more don't even need the stuff that they buy? miles
Posted By: roode301 Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/17/13
Bunch of grown A$$ men acting like KIDS. Should have your butts spanked and mouths washed out with soap and internet access taken away for a month.
Oh, wow. NO!! I am saying that the connections, and contacts that I build on here are far more valuable to me, then the few extra bucks that I could draw on GB.
Again, I never said anything bad about anyone on GB or they don't need it. As I joined this site, maybe I don't add anything to the other forums, but I would like to believe that I can help out on other levels. Maybe I'm wrong, or viewed as a classified cowboy. But I am NOT out to turn a profit. Sometimes a non-tangible benefit far out weighs a cash return.

You really need to stop assuming pal.

I was saying I would prefer to deal with GOOD people who can use the items,

So are you saying that the people that buy on gun broker are not good people and further more don't even need the stuff that they buy? miles
Another funny guy.....
Looks as you are the KID. Shut your mouth when grown folks are talking.

Originally Posted by roode301
Bunch of grown A$$ men acting like KIDS. Should have your butts spanked and mouths washed out with soap and internet access taken away for a month.
What's wrong got sand in your mangina? Be willing to bet I'm way more grown than you little fella.
LOL, well I'm sure you are big tuff guy. Typical of a little guy having to prove him self.

What's wrong got sand in your mangina? Be willing to bet I'm way more grown than you little fella.
Originally Posted by shumate
LOL, well I'm sure you are big tuff guy. Typical of a little guy having to prove him self.

Who ever said I was tough? Not me. I just pointed out the fact that I don't have to act like a FOUL mouthed punk to get my point across. The only little guy is about 2ft or so right under that big swelled up head of yours. laugh
Oh, ouch, oh... You got me. LOL

Then you know what, if my language offends you, then look the other way A$$hole. You have nothing to interject in this conversation, you little cry baby. But you just had to open your cockholster and say some [bleep] assed $hit.I swear, you [bleep] hipsters are some ignorant pussys.

Who ever said I was tough? Not me. I just pointed out the fact that I don't have to act like a FOUL mouthed punk to get my point across. The only little guy is about 2ft or so right under that big swelled up head of yours. laugh
Posted By: stangfish Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/17/13
My post are pretty much buying and selling here. You wont find anyone unhappy with me either seller or purchaser.

I visit the other "rooms" but don't post much. There are people a lot smarter than me to answer you technical questions.
I have also outgrown the desire for arguments with 125 lb internet forum ninja's that never leave there house, know everything, Can actually do nothing and will state things they would never state to you in person for fear of being beat to a bloody pulp. If that makes me a bottom feeder I am in good company. cool

Just reading the words that you wrote. Try it. miles
Well I think what most of the guys are meaning by us Classified Cowboys, is that we do use the classifieds 90%+. But I believe what they are referencing the 'Bottom feeder" are the guys who go and pick up some 22LR ammo, for lets say $30 per brick. Then get onto a site such as this one, and try to double there money.
Then on that situation, if they try to sell it at a profit. For one, they are violating the site polices. 2, they are not helping the current situation at hand. And the most crappy part, is that morally it is kinda screwed up. We should be helping one another. But if a guy wants to sell his goods at a higher price, the best thing to do, is to just move on if one does not agree with the asking price.

Originally Posted by stangfish
My post are pretty much buying and selling here. You wont find anyone unhappy with me either seller or purchaser.

I visit the other "rooms" but don't post much. There are people a lot smarter than me to answer you technical questions.
I have also outgrown the desire for arguments with 125 lb internet forum ninja's that never leave there house, know everything, Can actually do nothing and will state things they would never state to you in person for fear of being beat to a bloody pulp. If that makes me a bottom feeder I am in good company. cool
OOOKAAY, what the hell ever that means......
I never assumed anything about you Miles. It is pretty damn evident.

Just reading the words that you wrote. Try it. miles

Then you know what, if my language offends you, then look the other way A$$hole. You have nothing to interject in this conversation, you little cry baby. But you just had to open your cockholster and say some [bleep] assed $hit.I swear, you [bleep] hipsters are some ignorant pussys.

[quote=roode301]What's wrong got sand in your mangina? Be willing to bet I'm way more grown than you little fella.

[/quote

Do you even know what a hipster is jackwagon? Just keep beating on your keyboard. So I'm done with your great intlect great knower of all.
Hey, now your the DIP$HIT who came at me A$$HOLE. And YOU seem to have a thing for my dick, ass, and mouth. [bleep] [bleep]. And you can call me Sir, no need for the long drawn out, "Great knower of all"

Maybe if this kind of language offends you, then you need to talk about another man genitals, You are not needed on the Fire. So go get your Bible and pray, then delete your shortcut for 24 hour campfire.

[quote=roode301]What's wrong got sand in your mangina? Be willing to bet I'm way more grown than you little fella.

[/quote

Do you even know what a hipster is jackwagon? Just keep beating on your keyboard. So I'm done with your great intlect great knower of all.
Keep typing dipnuts. I just keep poking you and you keep proving my point. WHAT A JACKNUT you are.
Alright, well I thought you said you were done??? Just keep you [bleep] comments to yourself. And not to worry, you are not bothering me at all Slick. But really, come on smooth, Jacknut, Punk, really??? Is this the best you can do?
Best take your man out for his St. Pats sausage and eggs dinner tonight. Then he can hook you up with a pearl necklace.

Keep typing dipnuts. I just keep poking you and you keep proving my point. WHAT A JACKNUT you are.
Posted By: stangfish Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/17/13
Need I say more?
All in good fun, with a good group of guys. You know, if I had to trust just one site. It would be this one. Just having some fun, busting on one another. LOL

Need I say more?
Posted By: roode301 Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/18/13
Alright, well I thought you said you were done??? Just keep you [bleep] comments to yourself. And not to worry, you are not bothering me at all Slick. But really, come on smooth, Jacknut, Punk, really??? Is this the best you can do?
Best take your man out for his St. Pats sausage and eggs dinner tonight. Then he can hook you up with a pearl necklace.

I don't eat sausage but I'll give my smoking hot irish wife some sausage. You crack me up with some of the stuff you come up with.
Posted By: shumate Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/18/13
LOL, Give it to her man!
Can't have any fun being boring. All in good fun busting on one another.
Posted By: roode301 Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/18/13
YEP no harm on foul.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/18/13
It seems that some here, no matter how plainly you try to put it, can not get past the post count thing.

Would I buy from someone who has been around longer that I am more familiar with? Of course. But do not take this to mean that people with low post counts are a$$holes, or crooks, or anything else. I'm quite certain many of them are fine people. As stated, we all had low post counts at one time.

I DO have a problem with those that post only in classifieds, but it is not because of post count, or because I think they are "beneath me", nor close. It is merely a case of 2 different types of people with 2 different agendas.

Yep...

And, the ones who are squawking like magpies about your post are the ones who have posts primarily or only in the classifieds.

I believe some of them have several handles here, too, in case deals blow up, and they need to keep their online/tax free/fee free business going.
Posted By: RAS Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/18/13
I have bought and sold stuff in the classifieds with 99.9% good luck. Since I have joined, there are a number of members that I feel more comfortable with than buying something from Amazon. The last two guns that I bought here, the gun was sent before they had my $. Though I have dealt with them for years.

As far the 24, there is so much more to learn than can be imagined if you are looking to buy, fix, build, find new areas to hunt... whatever comes to mind concerning the outdoors. I like collecting old guns, and the advice that I got has helped me a lot. Thats what I like. You can figure out what you like and go from there. Lots of guys get good fishing spots, and sometimes,...good hunting areas. I gave up my secret elk spot in MT and the guy got an elk. There are many people here with a common shared interest and loads of experience to help you. Why would you not want to tap into that for your benefit? Now there are clowns to but you can pick up on those guys pretty quick.

Due to my job, I move around the country and get to meet up with many members. Actually, I just made an appointment to meet up with a member/friend when I travel to east coast this weekend.

Great site. Many great people. Again, there are clowns, but that is what the ignore button is for.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/18/13
shumate? Shannon shumate? Are you the guy I just traded .284 brass for small rifle primers?
Roy
Yep, that is me.
Did you use up all them primers yet? I already got the brass resized and loaded up. Funny thing, I was at a little gun shop here in town. Seeking out some primers, and of course they had everything BUT small rifle and small pistol. But low and behold, hidden behind some 180 gr bullets were 1k of small rifle. Must be because they have a 1k limit. So someone thought that they would stash them there. LOL. All I can say is THANKS!

Originally Posted by Fireball2
shumate? Shannon shumate? Are you the guy I just traded .284 brass for small rifle primers?
Roy
Posted By: CowboyKiller Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/18/13

Wow
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/18/13
All in good fun, with a good group of guys. You know, if I had to trust just one site. It would be this one. Just having some fun, busting on one another. LOL

Need I say more?

Yes, wow is right. Not only is he vulgar and classless, he is one strange [bleep]***er IMO. I'm talking closed head injury here.

Anybody who would deal with this guy is nuts, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him...........
Posted By: GeoW Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/18/13
Anyone ever seen old trash assed folks running yard sales from their yard, 365 days a year, selling junk they dug from dumpsters or trash they picked up ahead of the garbage man, regularly??

Now have you seen folks that hold a yard sale once a year or once every two years to sell stuff they no longer have use for?

Who do you want to buy from?
Posted By: CCCC Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/18/13
As the ancient saying goes, "Caveat Emptor". Maybe simply take note of who posts, and how, in this thread.
Oh come on buddy, you know you want to be my FB friend. LOL

Need I say more?

Yes, wow is right. Not only is he vulgar and classless, he is one strange [bleep]***er IMO. I'm talking closed head injury here.

Anybody who would deal with this guy is nuts, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him...........
Naw! Never ahead of the trash men. I go to the Goodwill dumpster.

Originally Posted by GeoW
Anyone ever seen old trash assed folks running yard sales from their yard, 365 days a year, selling junk they dug from dumpsters or trash they picked up ahead of the garbage man, regularly??

Now have you seen folks that hold a yard sale once a year or once every two years to sell stuff they no longer have use for?

Posted By: GeoW Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/18/13
Soooo you would steal the donations?
Um, Noooo. I would get what they chucked out.

Soooo you would steal the donations?
Just wait, you have not seen nothing yet! Just stick around.....

Originally Posted by CowboyKiller

Wow
Well in modern times, we call that "Implied Warranty" LOL

Originally Posted by CCCC
As the ancient saying goes, "Caveat Emptor". Maybe simply take note of who posts, and how, in this thread.
Posted By: Tracks Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/18/13

Been doing that.
Some of the language used by some folks on the board remind me of a of a young girl just starting to smoke.
It really grabs you attention but they aren't very good at it. grin
Posted By: Hammer47 Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/18/13

And those "POOR OLD TRASH ASSED FOLKS" prolly NEED every dime they can squeeze from nothing so they can buy the one grade above the bottom dog food for dinner. I cannot believe someone would make a comment like that............well wait a minute, this IS the campfire. With the language I have seen lately nothing should come as a surprise.
Posted By: shumate Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/18/13
And Implied warranty has what to do with that?

Originally Posted by Tracks

Been doing that.
Some of the language used by some folks on the board remind me of a of a young girl just starting to smoke.
It really grabs you attention but they aren't very good at it. grin
That's just ol GeoW trying to say that it would be better to buy from someone else who post in more then just the classifieds, and he thinks we run a business by buying, selling and trading on here. But he is just assuming again, and we all know assuming makes an ass out of ya. He really don't have any other good reasons for saying that, but basically if your not on his "level" then your not apart of his cool crowd. Kinda what I have gathered so far from him.
(whispering) so just agree with him, and he will go back to humping on his balled up chunk of carpet in the garage.

Originally Posted by Hammer47

And those "POOR OLD TRASH ASSED FOLKS" prolly NEED every dime they can squeeze from nothing so they can buy the one grade above the bottom dog food for dinner. I cannot believe someone would make a comment like that............well wait a minute, this IS the campfire. With the language I have seen lately nothing should come as a surprise.
GeoW is good folks, likes to pick on me from time to time. LOL
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/19/13
Shumate, what's this?

Wyandotte County Kansas case 2012 CR 988
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/19/13
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Shumate, what's this?

Wyandotte County Kansas case 2012 CR 988

Hmmm. Yes please, someone do tell. Making popcorn now........
Posted By: shumate Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/19/13
Well, I guess in Wyandotte County, aka, Kansas City Kansas. They frown on you taking someones wallet off of them after you catch them trying to take your winch off the front of your truck. But he had it sooo conveniently hanging on a chain for me to grab onto as I came up to him, and he turned to run. I never called the cops, so he turned it in as I "stole" it. So I was charged in Aug. when I turned it in at the Jackson County Sheriffs office. But if you read further into it, you will see where the judge dropped the charges on me. But ol dude never got anything.
Well, I guess in Wyandotte County, aka, Kansas City Kansas. They frown on you taking someones wallet off of them after you catch them trying to take your winch off the front of your truck. But he had it sooo conveniently hanging on a chain for me to grab onto as I came up to him, and he turned to run. I never called the cops, so he turned it in as I "stole" it. So I was charged in Aug. when I turned it in at the Jackson County Sheriffs office. But if you read further into it, you will see where the judge dropped the charges on me. But ol dude never got anything.

Wow, does that ever sound like a giant truckload of BULLSHIT to me........

[Linked Image]
Ok, so what do you want me to tell you? Summed up, I took a guys wallet off of him. I obviously broke the law, by not reporting it. Hell it was a sudden deal, so I grabbed his little chain. I couldn't jump on him, he was a bit fast for me. Plus he was kinda scruffy.

Sorry my charged crime does not appease you. But I never got any convictions, just bitched at, and told I went about it the wrong way. Eh, oh well.

Wow, does that ever sound like a giant truckload of BULLSHIT to me........
Did you dig up from where in 1993 I was driving too fast and crashed into a light pole??? Any explanations needed on that too?????
Oh! Almost forgot this one too!! In 1994, or maybe 1993. I was arrested on Disorderly Conduct too! In Geary County Kansas. Lets see, we were all coming back from the bars, and we ended up at a Country Kitchen, and we all got a bit rowdy, and some other cats were fighting. So they charged everyone there.

This is all I can remember in my life of crime.

There! Now no more skeletons in my closet. My child support is up to date, my taxes are all paid. And I believe I got my trash bill paid.
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/19/13
To judge someone by the number of posts is a personal decision. And it's everyone's right to do so.

But in my opinion, it is absolutely classless.

I rarely post on the fire and don't care to after seeing how a handful of jackasses behave -- or, should I say, FAIL to behave. They can turn a simple thread into a degrading, name-calling pissing match for no reason. Or someone can ask a simple question and get jumped on by the local rabid dog and those few who choose to run in his little pack. Someone can even post an ad and have some self-professed prophet tell them how to run their lives. Respect seems to be lost with these morons.

And THAT is why some folks choose not to "contribute." And, if that makes them "bottom feeders," as one poster has called them, then so be it. But in my books, they still likely rate a heck of a lot higher than some two-bit jackass with thousands of posts, a chip on his shoulder and a bad attitude.
This proves one thing and one thing only.

You either did not read the entire thread, or you are yet another classifieds cowboy with reading comprehension skills that rate "poor to none".

Couple that with the fact that you probably could not have picked a worse time to shoot your mouth off, cuz your fellow "cowboy" is FOS.

I mean wtf? When was the last time a crook reported a stolen wallet that was taken off him in act of committing a crime? Pretty [bleep] funny $hit right there.

Then he got arrested because "others were fighting".

Surprised he did not try to blame the light pole also.

LMAO.....
WOW, you are something else! But Bobby has no affiliation with me. But I'm sure you are going to try to burn him too, because he simply disagreed with your oh so wise words.
But I guess that you are a judge. So what ever you think, that is the end.

I feel so sorry for anyone who has any kind of day to day contact with you, I am so sure you are only walking because of laws are in place to protect A$$HOLES like your miserable self.

This proves one thing and one thing only.

You either did not read the entire thread, or you are yet another classifieds cowboy with reading comprehension skills that rate "poor to none".

Couple that with the fact that you probably could not have picked a worse time to shoot your mouth off, cuz your fellow "cowboy" is FOS.

I mean wtf? When was the last time a crook reported a stolen wallet that was taken off him in act of committing a crime? Pretty [bleep] funny $hit right there.

Then he got arrested because "others were fighting".

Surprised he did not try to blame the light pole also.

LMAO.....
Yeah. You have the wallet of the guy who tried to steal from you but you decide to not turn it in. Yet you tried to jump on him first. Meanwhile, he reports it stolen, and you get charged.

WOW........
I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet. I just have a low tolerance for lying scumbags.......
And who can't [bleep] read????/

He reported the ID, and cards stolen. Then the next day I turn it in.... You following?? Ok, then after I turned it in a few days later I get asked to come in. Still with me????? So I told the detective that I did in fact take his wallet. Sooo, in a case of he said, she said. They file charges to let the court decide where and if any wrong doing.

Got it??? So they are not ignorant DIP$HITS like your self. And cops do not make the final judgement. It go's before the JUDGE. Still with me slappy???
So this means a judge found me not guilty, and I was told that I did this all wrong.

Yeah. You have the wallet of the guy who tried to steal from you but you decide to not turn it in. Meanwhile, he reports it stolen, and you get charged.

WOW........
I have no tolerance for loud mouth little pussys like yourself. Either shut your cock holster, or do something about it. Oh wait, its the internet, HAHA, you can get away with this and not get your skull smashed. Sooo lucky for you. LOL.

I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet. I just have a low tolerance for lying scumbags.......
Still with me slappy???

Yeah, I'm still with you dumbass. Courthouse opens in the morning.

Can you say "public record". Take some time, work on it.

Sleep tight princess..........
Go for it, LOL. Have you ever been respected by a man? You must be such a pathetic little worm, again, sorry for you.

Still with me slappy???

Yeah, I'm still with you dumbass. Courthouse opens in the morning.

Can you say "public record". Take some time, work on it.

Sleep tight princess..........
Posted By: GeoW Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/19/13
Can one be a GS13 Counter Sniper and a common thief at the same time?
Oh my, blood in the water!!! Come one, take your shots! And where did you get the Counter sniper intel?

And be in Kandahar, Afghanistan as well?
No, I'm looking out for ya asswipe. Don't think a common thief can do all that other stuff at the same time..

Oh my, blood in the water!!! Come one, take your shots! And where did you get the Counter sniper intel?

Geeze! Sorry butthole! LOL, Naw, I left Kandahar in July of 2012.
But um, where are you getting this info? You some kind of intel ninja??

No, I'm looking out for ya asswipe. Don't think a common thief can do all that other stuff at the same time..

Hell, I've stood before judgement a time or two in my life. Guess if you look hard enough you can probably find me too..

Truth of the matter is, if my mug was there on the internets for everyone to see and laugh at, I'll be damned if I wouldn't come up with $99 bux and get it took down. That or change my moniker.

Oh well, cover of darkness... go down and steal some donations from Goodwill drop box, post it up.
Yeah, I seen that option. But, Eh. Makes me look tuff and dangerous, you know for the women, LOL. Now I have to get some face tattoos, I did a 2 hour time in there, you don't know what I seen!!! HAHA.
Naw, I have nothing to hide. I made a bad decision, could have gotten me in more trouble.

For sure man, I will be down there tonight! You looking for anything, I take special orders, LOL

Hell, I've stood before judgement a time or two in my life. Guess if you look hard enough you can probably find me too..

Truth of the matter is, if my mug was there on the internets for everyone to see and laugh at, I'll be damned if I wouldn't come up with $99 bux and get it took down. That or change my moniker.

Oh well, cover of darkness... go down and steal some donations from Goodwill drop box, post it up.
Posted By: CowboyKiller Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/19/13
I have been a long time lurker here and I came across this thraed. i happen to have roots in KC area. So I made some phone calls.

This man Shannon Shumate has 8 counts of theft currently pending and 2 of them are felony theft

Do not believe his lies
8 counts? WOW. Sorry, but your roots are, I'm sad to say, WRONG. LOL.

And why are they pending? If this happened last year in Aug. Well, I'm getting tired of defending myself to folks making up stuff. That I run a internet business, 8 counts of theft, heck might as well go with 10.
Go with it, next it will be I voted for Obama.

I have been a long time lurker here and I came across this thraed. i happen to have roots in KC area. So I made some phone calls.

This man Shannon Shumate has 8 counts of theft currently pending and 2 of them are felony theft

Do not believe his lies
Posted By: CowboyKiller Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/19/13
Thet are pending because you court date is April 3rd
Well glad to know this now. I would have missed it.
Guess someone started a new handle to get me off of here. I give you all win. Take care, Kind of worried of what else is gonna get thrown up here?

Thet are pending because you court date is April 3rd
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/19/13
6 pages and all I have is a new word, "Dipnuts"...still laughing..
Posted By: JeffP40 Re: Just a note to buyers - 03/19/13
Hey rem7, at least we learned something. smile
Posted By: bea175 Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/19/13
It is always the new guys selling that people have a problems with and never the guys who have been on the Fire for a while, this one fact should tell you something.
Posted By: Wallacem Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/19/13
Guys, I really have a problem with your feeling that I must talk to everyone about stuff in order to be "okay". I disagree!. I am not a "talker", I don't do a lot of chatting about this and that. I love guns, and I like to look on the classifieds for something unusual. I may even sell something at times. When you say that the odds are high that I am a deadbeat, I take exception. Wallacem in Georgia
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/19/13
bea175 wrote: "It is always the new guys selling that people have a problems with and never the guys who have been on the Fire for a while, this one fact should tell you something."
---

REALLY??? Check the facts, and you'll have to amend that statement...
Posted By: CowboyKiller Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/19/13
8 counts? WOW. Sorry, but your roots are, I'm sad to say, WRONG. LOL

You are a pthetic man I have to say

2 counts felony theft

2 counts attempted misd. theft

4 counts misd. theft

(913) 573-2905 case 2012 CR 988 anyone can call
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/19/13
Wow 8 counts and I figured the guy to be an underachiever grin

Looks like the classifieds has lost a cowboy.

One less turd in the punch bowl.....
Posted By: WBill Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/19/13
I'm really surprised that this post has gone this long??? But because of it I have pulled everything I had on here and put it on GB. It's a shame actually. Because I was bring some real good stuff. But I do not need somebody pulling up my past and blasting it all over the net. Which if you'd like to try that's fine but you won't find anything and you'll only be wasting your time. I happen to be one of the low post count good guys. Was even going to offer somethings for free to a needing youngster. But I can tell already around here I'd be accused of being a "Chester The Molester".

The point being it's sad that we just can't all play well together. Share some stories, sell some stuff for good prices, & just get along. Seems like any form I've ever been on folks like to beat a bee hive with a stick. WHY?

Cheers, Wild Bill
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: Want to vent a minute - 03/20/13
Wild Bill-

VERY WELL SAID. I gave away a load of items in the fall and did so on AccurateReloading and Specialty Pistols. I figured it was pointless to try that here.
© 24hourcampfire