Home
[Linked Image]
Remington 7600 .35 Whelen "Carbine", carbine in parenthesis because I had the barrel shortened, not factory done. Actually Jason Barden, a top notch gunsmith, formerly with Doug Turnbull, cut and crowned the barrel at 18". The trigger has been tuned up by our own Redneck, and is very nice for this type of rifle. There is an aftermarket Pachmeyer Decellerator recoil pad that was on the rifle when I obtained it, the fit is good, but it looks as though the stock was shortened with a miter saw, and there are some very small chips between the butt and the recoil pad. The length of pull is 13 5/8". The stocks and metal are very nice overall, no major dings, dents, scratches, blueing wear etc. I have only shot 200 grain Remington factory ammo through it, but that will group 1 1/2". I think she should have great accuracy potential. Jason Barden also re-mounted the front sight, I am sure it was done properly. Also included are Weaver style bases and Burris Zee low matte finish rings, and 1 magazine marked .35 Whelen. Asking $550 TYD or best offer. Sorry, but I'm not interested in trades at this time.
Nice!
Damn right, talk about gittin in the thick chit and killing any critter in the US and Canada.

I'll be back to check on this afterwhile, it better be spoken for. grin

Gunner
NICE!!
SKane, with the size of the whitetails you routinely shoot, you NEED a .35 Whelen deer rifle!
If only I still lived in pa., this would be sold.
TTT for a helluva fast shooting/handling thumper.

Gunner
Gunner......you deserve an Amish MG in Whelen!

If I didn't already have one (going toHBC) it would be gone. Well that and the money going to Bobby!

George
Originally Posted by gunner500
Damn right, talk about gittin in the thick chit and killing any critter in the US and Canada.

I'll be back to check on this afterwhile, it better be spoken for. grin

Gunner

I saw a real nice one like this one on gunbroker chambered in 9.3x62mm. I'm still kicking myself in the azz for not buying it cry . Bump for a beauty..
Originally Posted by NH K9
Gunner......you deserve an Amish MG in Whelen!

If I didn't already have one (going toHBC) it would be gone. Well that and the money going to Bobby!

George

Ima bout to crack George, I have a spare 2-7 Leupold sitting on a safe and a set of Talley QD rings, also a chitload pile of .358 dia 225 gr Partitions, that bullet would do it all in this rifle. cry

Kicked my own arse a couple times wit my own dang boot heel too BSA. grin

Gunner

Yea. That rocks. Kick-azz carbime.
I never cared for Remington pump rifles but this one is interesting to say the least!
That thing would look awful at home riding in a big dodge pickup....
WTH?

This should have been gone within an hour at that price.

WN

Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

How bout riding in a scabbard mounted to the fender of a 1956 Ford 960 tractor, a little late season bush-hogging down in the creek bottom thickets, 'eh? grin

Gunner
If I had any expendable money these days this would already be in Walla Walla WA.

Wanted one for a long time, and would be a great replacement -niche wise- for the Model 71 that I just sold.

Sucks to be broke at times like these!
Originally Posted by miguel
SKane, with the size of the whitetails you routinely shoot, you NEED a .35 Whelen deer rifle!

I fear the Bastage has one already grin
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by miguel

I fear the Bastage has one already grin

Actually, me thinks he has two. crazy

How bout riding in a scabbard mounted to the fender of a 1956 Ford 960 tractor, a little late season bush-hogging down in the creek bottom thickets, 'eh? grin

Gunner

Even better.
If it wouldn't jinx my chance at a moose permit I'd take it bump.

Gunner

Even better.

laugh Show nuff Neighbor.

Jump on it Jimone, a helluva Moose rifle, I keep thinking how handy it would be on a tight tree stand in the thick stuff. smile

Gunner
Cool factor is quite high with this one.
Bear, hogs, moose, timber elk etc.
I got one already or it would be mine.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Just about the perfect northwoods hunting rifle. Mice to moose and everything in between. For you folks who like to chase Porky, this rifle is ideal for making bacon.
Trade offer PM is incoming.... Wsh I had some cash, but no dice there. Offering up a really sweet traditional Mountain man / Great Plans trappper type .54 Cal custom riflle with Globe Front and Peep Rear sights, hair on Elk Hide possibles bag, all kiinds off projectiles jags, tools, speedloaders etc. and the nipple has been re drilled and tapped to take a Hot Shot MUSKET nipple.

Other trade item is a brand new Mike Bollinger 52# convex/reflex Zebrawood and bamboo/glass long bow with arroews, armguard, finger glove etc.

Been wanting one of these for a long time, hope we can work something out.

MARK
Oh heck, I will just put these up here for you to look at. MAybe someone else will see them here as well. Either of these items for your carbine:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Customized_traditional_muzz#Post7774339

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Brand_new_nearly_unused_Mik#Post7774351
Saturday morning bump
It's all I can stands, cant stands no more................................grin

I'll take it, PM sent.

Gunner
Finally! I thought I was going to end up with another one of these! crazy

Good snag, Gunner! Your 2-7 Leupold in those Talley QD's with the 225gr Partitions will be an excellent combination.

WN
Thanks WN, cant wait to develop a load for it, she's gonna be a boomer. smile

Gunner
Nice grab there gunner. I guess we will see this at the '14 hog hunt.
Thanks TNDH, may have ta pack her along, as well as my Montana 'Whip' Longbow. grin

Gunner
Sorry Safariman, didnt see your trade deal, hope I didnt screw this deal up for ya.

Gunner
Gunner,

I and the purchase I've had planned sincerely thank you for your sacrifice. I can now continue with my plans.

Robert.
Nope, poster decline both offers. Glad this was snagged by a freind and overall good guy.

I had the Muzzleloader and bow at the hog hunt on display for the show and tell/swap meet as well as my 416 Rigby we put on there. Think I have a serious buyer for the 416 Rigby along with my Octagon and ribbed barrrel (and stunning wood as well) Len Brownell original 7mm Mashburn Super and my 340 Tyrannosaur. All of these are MAuser actioned full on total custom builds. With your bent towards the big boys, I thought you might have wanted to add the Rigby to your toy collection but it is apparent that you have an awfully nice compliment of big bores and then some already. <G>

Blessings abundant,

MARK
laugh Yer welcome Robert. LOL

10-4 Mark, you indeed do have some very nice boomsticks, I have the .416 deal covered nicely with a custom Mauser in 416 Taylor, not pretty being a syn stocked cerakoted rifle but very functional to say the least.

Blessings to you as well Bro.

Gunner
SPF's to gunner500.
Is rifle gone?
Kirk
Originally Posted by Capt_Kirk
Is rifle gone?
Kirk

It's says; "SPF's to gunner500."
So, I believe it was sold.
© 24hourcampfire