Home
Posted By: Lacy1 Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
Does anybody know this guy? His handle is goldendomer04.
I paid him for a Remington 700 that he listed on here at the first of the month. I paid him May 7th and he still has not shipped the gun and he will no respond t.o private messages or emails. No contact since May 8. I saw on another one of his listings on this forum that another member had paid but did no receive the item and could not get him to respond.
Posted By: Lacy1 Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
Scammer alert
Posted By: goldendomer04 Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
I am not a scammer, and a PM is coming.

I have been out of town, and I am sorry to keep you out of the loop.
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
Communication is essential on this forum. Whether it's by open or PM is a must to maintain your rep. We are all watching to see how you respond.
Posted By: LKEYES Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
I have had great dealings with Omar and never once an issue. The few items that I have bought from him have always been better then described and handled in a timely matter. This has just been my experience with him, he will make it right.
Posted By: boatammo Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
I also have had good dealings with Omar.
Posted By: Okie19 Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
I also had a good dealing with Omar, would do business with him again...
Posted By: goldendomer04 Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Every dime of William Hagan's (Lacy1) money has been refunded. I have a bad taste in my mouth from the way he has handled this matter, and I felt a refund would best way to deal with this.

I am normally a very responsible seller, but I messed up with these two transactions. I had to go out of town for an emergency and did not take care of business.

For those interested in this matter, the buyer of the Sightron scope has been notified via phone and email of his tracking information and Lacy1's money has been refunded.

I hope this will not effect any future transactions I will have on this websight.
Posted By: Tracks Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
Originally Posted by goldendomer04

I am normally a very responsible seller, but I messed up with these two transactions. I had to go out of town for an emergency and did not take care of business.

And you couldn't take five minutes to send a couple of PMs?
I see this type of excuse all too much.
Posted By: predmaster223 Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14

I hope this will not effect any future transactions I will have on this websight.

Nope. I've also had great dealings with Omar. I bought a vortex viper from him when he was the new guy. Schitt happens
Posted By: predmaster223 Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
[/quote]
I see this type of excuse all too much. [/quote]
Sometimes I have time to bullschit on here sometimes I go a week or two without a chance at all.
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
I've dealt with Omar and would gladly do so again. The scope I got from him was even better than described, securely packaged and shipped quickly.

Omar, I hope that whatever the emergency was that things turned out OK for you.
Posted By: Lacy1 Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
I received a message from the gentleman stating that he is refunding my money. I will take him at his word. I do not wish for this dispute to continue any further on this forum.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
Originally Posted by Tracks

I see this type of excuse all too much.
Oh for crying out loud, he has gone out of his way to make right on this-give him a break! I swear some of you guys have nothing better to do than look for reasons to hate somebody. Cut back on the starch in your BVD's man!
Posted By: jimone Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
I got a PM saying he shipped my brass. Hope all is well. "Things" are of little value compared to some of the hardships we all face in life.
Posted By: remingtonclassic Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
Bought a Remington model 7 stock took 17 days to get it full of excuses why it had not been shipped then when I received it it was for the magnum action woops must of forgot to mention that no more Omar for me .
Posted By: GeoW Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
Every dime of William Hagan's (Lacy1) money has been refunded. I have a bad taste in my mouth from the way he has handled this matter, and I felt a refund would best way to deal with this.

Maybe if you had taken a small amount of time to PM William Hagan your mouth would taste a little better?

If I feel a seller wronged me by lack of communication where my $$$ were involved I would bitch in open forum as well.

Geo
Posted By: Bigdogfla Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
OK Boys... Enough already...
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
Originally Posted by Bigdogfla

I'd have to agree, the OP publically acknowledges the issues, has taken steps to correct the problem, and made his actions public.

Could have been handled worse here, and has been handled much worse by others selling here.

Why apologize, and correct publically if the hits keep coming...
Posted By: MYore Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
I tend to agree with the above posters. I was a third party in the scope transaction and not out any money, so take it for what it is worth. The two guys with money on the line definitely have a right to be upset and concerned, but it appears Omar has taken care of both transactions now.

He has apologized to us on the scope transaction, publicly and privately and has hopefully made good on shipping. Let's give it the time for these fixes to take place and not hang the guy. He has obviously had something going on that caused these transactions to occur outside of his normal practice, and the reason probably doesn't need to be out here publicly.

A lesson to us all: communicate.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
i am glad Omar stood behind his sale this time, wish he had done the same for me a few months back. i know there are folks who have had great dealings with him but was not so in my case. live and learn in the end it all comes back around.
Posted By: LeroyJenkins Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/23/14
Omar and I had dealings last month, on a Remington 700. The item was as described, and I had no troubles whatsoever in my dealings. I would buy from, or sell to Omar again without any hesitancy.

Communication is indeed important for both buyers and sellers. I myself, strive for prompt and honest communication.
Posted By: AZSkibo Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/24/14
Omar, what's up with the tracking info you sent me? It's indicated predelivery since 22MAY, not received into system. With a 2-day shipping indication, it ought to have shown up today. Hoping for a positive outcome in Colorado here.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/24/14
Originally Posted by AZSkibo
Omar, what's up with the tracking info you sent me? It's indicated predelivery since 22MAY, not received into system. With a 2-day shipping indication, it ought to have shown up today. Hoping for a positive outcome in Colorado here.

I have sent a rifle to a buyer in Idaho and had a stock inbound to me in the last few weeks. USPS priority mail never updated the ship information and never met the ship date period . There was no update on the information..it looked like the rifle never left the postal facility down the road from my house when in fact it was in Idaho. Have some patience
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/24/14
Same here, Oldelkhunter. I sent a package a couple weeks ago, and it only showed "pre-shipment" status. It never got scanned until at delivery. Or if it did get scanned, the system never reflected as much. As to 2-day Priority, it's a safer bet to figure 3-4 business days -- and sometimes a bit more.
Posted By: AZSkibo Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/27/14
Gentlemen- I'd like to report a happy outcome here. Scope arrived from Mr. Arizpe in condition described more or less and I'm happy with the deal. I'd like to highlight how a little communication can go a long way towards making sure both sides in a deal know what's going on at all times. I'm glad this did not go south and I hope that everyone else involved directly or indirectly has the same outcome as I did. Thanks 24hour. You all are great.
Posted By: jimone Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/27/14
My brass arrived today in fine order. Thanks for the great deal.

jim
Posted By: Chootem_Again Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/28/14
Omar, I am sorry that you are catching so much negative feedback for having to tend to an out of town emergency. I do understand that Campfire members are a proud group of upstanding citizens that generally strive to meet or exceed expectations on all transactions. A similar thing happened to me as a buyer because I wasn't around to sign for a FedEx delivery, but VCM vouched for me because he knew that I was out of country on a hunt. Guys, keep looking out for one another. I have had several transactions with Omar that were nothing less than perfect. He is indeed a person of sound character and will meet you more than half way if given the chance. I hope that all fears are calmed and that confidence has been restored. BTW, my stock from Omar arrived today and it was better than described!
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Omar Arizpe - 05/28/14
Similar experience with USPS tracking. I had a shipment coming two day priority that took seven days to arrive and no updates while in transit. Finally, I got an update that said it was out for delivery while it was sitting on my front porch.
Posted By: lone wolf Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/14/14
Omar can you answer your pm's.

Thanks,
Tom
Posted By: BCJR Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/15/14
tag
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/15/14

For those interested in this matter, the buyer of the Sightron scope has been notified via phone and email of his tracking information and Lacy1's money has been refunded.

Not sure with what is wrong with the way the OP handled this matter.

I thought his post was quite reserved and didn't besmirch you at all. He simply asked the question on this forum and stated facts, which you affirmed to be true.

Be embarrassed for letting these 2 transactions slip, but don't project your embarrassment and shame onto a guy that looks like he handled the situation much more maturely than most.
Posted By: hazer Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/15/14
i too have bought scopes from omar, they were as i expected and very well packaged. will do business with him again. he answered all my ?? in a timely matter also.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/15/14
Originally Posted by Bigdogfla

[Linked Image]
WATCH THAT BOY SHTT, REDNECK!
Posted By: grovey Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/15/14
Dadblamitt... i said the sheriff's a #%&*+@ . Gabby Johnson circa 1974
Posted By: BCJR Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/17/14
Anyone heard from Omar lately? Without going into details I need to hear from him. Hope all is well.
Posted By: lone wolf Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/19/14
Omar I'm done playing your games. You're online everyday and you won't answer your pm's your communication skill's are horrible at best. Thanks for wasting my time.
Posted By: bufaf Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/25/14
Omar,
I would appreciate a response to my pm's about the rifle you said you'd take from me. It's now been 11 days with no payment and you were online a few hours ago but you didn't read your pm's.
Posted By: lone wolf Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/26/14
Originally Posted by bufaf
Omar,
I would appreciate a response to my pm's about the rifle you said you'd take from me. It's now been 11 days with no payment and you were online a few hours ago but you didn't read your pm's.

Good luck. This guy did the same thing to me. He bought my gun on 6/29. No money or communication for 3 weeks and he would not answer pm's. The only time he got back to me was when I would bring this thread to the top. I'm sure he will have lots of excuses. I have bought and sold stuff on here for 9 years and never ran into a guy like this.
Posted By: southarkrob Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/26/14
These kind of people really suck.. I have bought and sold a ton of stuff on the fire and never had a problem. Seems like more and more of these people are showing up on the fire. Makes a fellow worry.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/26/14
Originally Posted by lone wolf
Omar I'm done playing your games. You're online everyday and you won't answer your pm's your communication skill's are horrible at best. Thanks for wasting my time.

Yep I ran into the same thing except it got worse. As stated earlier he has some good deals but he also has some bad ones. Mine was the later, hard time getting info and updates about shipping and then when I got the gun it had issues he did not disclose. I was blunt with my displeasure and he would not refund my money and to top it off, he told me I made things up about what he told me in a phone call we had. I've been on this forum and others for a decent amount of time,his deal is the only one I have had in over ten years of various forums that I felt screwed on. I will go on record and be held accountable for this, he is a piece of crap.
Posted By: goldendomer04 Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/26/14
Jim,

Dealing with you was nothing short of awful and you are the first and only person I have done business with to start name-calling before a request for a refund was made.

I let my emotions get the best of me dealing with your foul language and attitude, and for that I apologize.

I have been far from perfect with my dealings with this site, but I would never show anyone the level disrespect you have shown me publicly and privately.

I do not know you well enough to pigeonhole you as a �piece of crap,� but this world is full of people whose worlds� revolve around their assumptions.
Posted By: goldendomer04 Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/26/14
To everyone on 24hourcampfire,

I am sorry I have failed to handle my responsibilities to you all on this forum, and will no longer be doing business on this site. I have done a terrible job juggling my obligations to my family, my work and the selling of goods online (on this site and others).

I apologize for any inconvenience I have caused and wish everyone the best in their future endeavors.

Omar Arizpe
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/26/14
Jim,

Dealing with you was nothing short of awful and you are the first and only person I have done business with to start name-calling before a request for a refund was made.

I let my emotions get the best of me dealing with your foul language and attitude, and for that I apologize.

I have been far from perfect with my dealings with this site, but I would never show anyone the level disrespect you have shown me publicly and privately.

I do not know you well enough to pigeonhole you as a �piece of crap,� but this world is full of people whose worlds� revolve around their assumptions.

Up to now the foul language I used before was that I said you were incompetent. And for the record it was an observation on my part as a direct result in dealing with you. But now tonight I am name calling in my earlier post when I said, and I stand by, that you are a piece of crap.

I have never engage in this kind of public rip on a forum like this in all my years but a time comes when a guy has to call a dick a dick.
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/26/14
Still waiting. For payment on the sako stock............
Posted By: GeoW Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/26/14
Mr Arizpe, if it was your intention to come here and run a business on the classifieds, you were never welcome.

Don't go away mad... just go.

g
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/26/14
I had my first bad deal here on 24HCF a few weeks back and they suck! I voiced displeasure about the item purchased within 30 minutes of receiving it and after multiple PM's with pictures to prove it and an admission that I was right a refund was still never offered.

Some people just suck, that's all there is to it
Posted By: southarkrob Re: Omar Arizpe - 07/26/14
I don't get the reasons for not communicating with your buyers and sellers.. 2 years ago I listed some stuff on a Saturday afternoon and about 3am that next morning I was in the ER sick as heck.. 1 day later when I could talk on the phone.. I called one of my buddies and had him post on my thread that I was in the hospital and would contact people when I could get on the internet again. Everything was good and everybody waited on me to get out of the hospital.
Posted By: Gobble Re: Omar Arizpe - 09/08/14
I wish I had read this before. Looks like I might be in the same boat. Awaiting payment.
Posted By: Redworm Re: Omar Arizpe - 09/09/14
Those of you that like doing business with Omar maybe he can leave you a forwarding address........Redworm
© 24hourcampfire