Home
This rifle started out as a DGR in 375 H&H.
It now has a Shielen barrel in 300 H&H, has been fine tuned bedded, trigger reset and a SAKO extractor installed. It is guaranteed to be a 5 shot sub MOA rifle.
Runs slicker than snot and is a true one shot killer on any NA game.

$1000 to your FFL.

[Linked Image]
btt
We'll see if P.T. Barnum remains right.
100.00 shipped paypal gift.
Factory SPS
Out they come the DNS crowd. SPS is not, was not ever made in 375 H&H, getting a 300 H&H in a SPS action would be quite a trick.

Here's quote from an Aussie from back when Remington cataloged this gun:

"How ya goen ive been in the market for a larger calibre gun for a while now and have stumbled upon the remington dgr 375 h&h magnum for $1250 here in australia, i was wondering if there is anything wrong with this gun and is the recoil quite a lot due to its light weight synthetic stock? "

NOTE: DGR, 375 H&H, Synthetic stock.......... any questions ?

Incredible stupidity abounds from teenagers hiding under their desks.
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2193045/1

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/big-bore-rifles/remington-sps-dangerous-game-rifles-in-375-hh/

http://www.gunsamerica.com/99675241...Game-375-H-H-Mag-Rifle-NEW-NIB-85559.htm <-----Price: $519.95

Oddly, it appears a factory offering, only 500 made, and you f'd it up by rebarreling. So much for collectors value.

I see one at cabelals for about 650.
Originally Posted by RWE
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2193045/1

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/big-bore-rifles/remington-sps-dangerous-game-rifles-in-375-hh/

http://www.gunsamerica.com/99675241...Game-375-H-H-Mag-Rifle-NEW-NIB-85559.htm <-----Price: $519.95

Oddly, it appears a factory offering, only 500 made, and you f'd it up by rebarreling. So much for collectors value.

I see one at cabelals for about 650.

Ouch. That will leave a mark.
RWE, I guess you missed that all your post links are SEVEN years old.

If you think this working gun is a collector's item you are not a 700 collector.
You also seem to think I couldn't screw back in the 375 H&H barrel to "restore" it.
confused

Now you price out a a Shilen chrome moly match grade barrel, the gunsmith work to install it, a complete trigger job and the installation of a SAKO extractor and add it to a 375 DGR rifle sold in the past years in ANNB condition and see what you come up with.

And you are wrong about Cabelas gun library. The only 700 375 H&H they have is a Safari grade and it is sold for $1250. wink

Just facts, that's all I prefer to deal in. grin
Still waiting on PT Barnum's proof.
This root clown give the insurance frua... Salesmen a run for his money.
Hey, Rick wants this prick here. Who the f'k are we to question any lack of ethics, fraudulent practices, outright lies, likely scams, and other horsechit. It drives damn page hits and post counts and that's all the freakin' matters.
Originally Posted by 7x64FN
Out they come the DNS crowd. SPS is not, was not ever made in 375 H&H, getting a 300 H&H in a SPS action would be quite a trick.

"How ya goen ive been in the market for a larger calibre gun for a while now and have stumbled upon the remington dgr 375 h&h magnum for $1250 here in australia, i was wondering if there is anything wrong with this gun and is the recoil quite a lot due to its light weight synthetic stock? "

Remington did make the SPS in 375 H&H, 338 WM, 300 WM besides the standard stuff. It was made for Sportsmans Warehouse between 2010-2012.
Really, getting a 300H&H into an SPS action would be quite a trick?

WTF is he talking about
Originally Posted by Steelhead

WTF is he talking about

He has no idea...par for the course.
RWE, I guess you missed that all your post links are SEVEN years old.

Look again, they all were not seven years old.

The purpose of the older posts was to refute your statement:

SPS is not, was not ever made in 375 H&H

Savvy?

And you are wrong about Cabelas gun library. The only 700 375 H&H they have is a Safari grade and it is sold for $1250. wink

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Remington-Model-SPS-Big-Game-H-H-Magnum/1131473.uts

$689.00, although I can't tell if that gun is available anymore - its still on their website.

Can't see them carrying 7 year old ads...

how was that?
Well you all violated site rules by pirating a valid thread just to vent your hatred.

All the lies and accusations about me have not and never will be supported by any facts. Most of you are just lemmings hopping on the hate Larry bandwagon with no idea how this whole stupidity started 7 years ago.

None of you has ever bought or sold from/to me, nor can you produce any member who was cheated by me on any site anywhere. My 100% perfect ratings on all the auction sites I deal on says far more than a bunch of little boys hiding under their desks engaging in internet slander.

So continue to make fools of yourselves you have become IRRELEVANT both to me and the site.

I'll continue to stay out of your mud pit and deal with the 99.9999% of members who are not liars and are gentlemen.

My best to you and yours, Larry

btt
Well you all violated site rules by pirating a valid thread.

No more than you did on a fellows 700 Classic thread....

Are there really so many people at the bottom of the IQ bellcurve all hiding under their desks concentrated on one site ?

If you attempt to sell a gun w/o describing what it is, i.e. a special run, not cataloged you might just be questioned eh ?

Gump was so correct !
btt
You got any more pictures of the rifle? Picture of the extractor??

Oh, and pictures of targets to substantiate this claim:

It is guaranteed to be a 5 shot sub MOA rifle.

Like everything else you claim, I find this highly questionable...
Are there really so many people at the bottom of the IQ bellcurve all hiding under their desks concentrated on one site ?

If you attempt to sell a gun w/o describing what it is, i.e. a special run, not cataloged you might just be questioned eh ?

Kind of like calling one a custom, and it can't possibly be an SPS because they weren't made in 375HH, than folks pointing out that the SPS was made in 375HH, and you dismiss it as showing hatred?
FWIW, Gander Mountain got a run of stainless SPS .375H&H a few years back as well. They sold, slowly, for about $700. Like the blued/parkerized SPS versions that Sportsman's Warehouse got (and Lying Larry Root is trying to con off as something else), these were a distributor exclusive run.
I have lots of pictures and targets but you will never see them

How about answering MY questions first ?

I can't imagine the countless hours you boys must spend prowling all over the net trying to get some obscure piece of Remington history.

The SPS was/is a stock gun sold in a number of chamberings. 375 H&H was never a cataloged model so it's not a stock SPS, it's a distributor exclusive.

Funny how desperate to be right and yet you're almost always wrong, as well as having a multitude of other sins and shortcomings that you can only engage in while hiding under a desk using a pseudonym.

Last chosen at dodgeball and always beaten by the girl's team.

I keep putting this thread back on top as the 99.9999% of members who are not loons need to see who are.

Best to you and yours, your best buddy, Larry
btt

After facts were presented to expose this lie...

I have lots of pictures and targets but you will never see them

How about answering MY questions first ?

I can't imagine the countless hours you boys must spend prowling all over the net trying to get some obscure piece of Remington history.

The SPS was/is a stock gun sold in a number of chamberings. 375 H&H was never a cataloged model so it's not a stock SPS, it's a distributor exclusive.

Funny how desperate to be right and yet you're almost always wrong, as well as having a multitude of other sins and shortcomings that you can only engage in while hiding under a desk using a pseudonym.

Last chosen at dodgeball and always beaten by the girl's team.

I keep putting this thread back on top as the 99.9999% of members who are not loons need to see who are.

Best to you and yours, your best buddy, Larry

So, it is an SPS, and it's overpriced for what it is, and being sold as something it's not (i.e., a lie).

Typical Lying Larry Root.
+1 4ager

Good luck selling that misrepresented and unsubstantiated grouping POS rifle here...
WHY would getting a 300 H&H into a SPS be quite the trick?
Because the cataloged SPS is not made for any 3.6" magnum cartridges. The bolt stop, magazine, ejector and in some cases the bolt face would not work.

As for FO, I have no problem buying and selling here and on numerous other gun sites most of which you don't even know exist. You are, of course, still dodging my direct questions which is SOP for a serial prevaricator.

As for 4ager (the guy who likes to pick on people with serious illnesses) I've lost track of how many time you have been dead wrong in your blather. Perhaps this is number eight ?

With each lie you become more and more outcasts from the 99.9999% of gentlemen who spend time on this site.

Your pal, Larry
btt
Because the cataloged SPS is not made for any 3.6" magnum cartridges. The bolt stop, magazine, ejector and in some cases the bolt face would not work.

Boy you really don't have a clue.....
Okay, expert, tell me how to get a 300 H&H to work in a 30-06 SPS without modifications.

How many 300 H&H Remingtons do you own ?
As to length: I just finished popping a 375 H&H round right into the unmodified magazine of a Rem 700 chambered in 270 Winchester.
Larry,

The ONLY reason you're here at all is because you drive post counts and page hits, thus padding Rick's pockets. He's using you like a low rent whore, and your lies only make him laugh all the way to the bank.

No one believes your schit. You pawn off rifles and other crap as something they are not, and get called on it with facts to undermine you cons.

All the while, Rick uses you as a pawn to bolster income.

You're both a liar, and a fool. How does that feel?

As for FO, I have no problem buying and selling here and on numerous other gun sites most of which you don't even know exist. You are, of course, still dodging my direct questions which is SOP for a serial prevaricator.

As for 4ager (the guy who likes to pick on people with serious illnesses) I've lost track of how many time you have been dead wrong in your blather. Perhaps this is number eight ?

With each lie you become more and more outcasts from the 99.9999% of gentlemen who spend time on this site.

Your pal, Larry

Did you go to school stupid or did you come out that way?
Well were it true, I'd feel bad.

As bad as a serial liar who picks on men with serious illness, doesn't believe a poly frame 1911 can be built, even attacks the owner of the site as being a pimp and just makes it up: "You pawn off rifles and other crap as something they are not." not that you can find a single example.

You and other slime like you are just undermining the site and are ignored by 99.9999% of the men who are members.

Sad, worthless nobody who spends his meaningless life hiding under a desk with his junk computer.

Okay, expert, tell me how to get a 300 H&H to work in a 30-06 SPS without modifications.

How many 300 H&H Remingtons do you own ?

Sweet Jesus, it will work just fine in a 7mm Mag or 300 Mag SPS, with NO modifications.
Well were it true, I'd feel bad.

As bad as a serial liar who picks on men with serious illness, doesn't believe a poly frame 1911 can be built, even attacks the owner of the site as being a pimp and just makes it up: "You pawn off rifles and other crap as something they are not." not that you can find a single example.

You and other slime like you are just undermining the site and are ignored by 99.9999% of the men who are members.

Sad, worthless nobody who spends his meaningless life hiding under a desk with his junk computer.

You keep striking out, Lying Ass Larry Root.

I'm not attacking the owner of the site; I'm stating fact that he's using you like a cheap whore.

The single example you challenge me to find? Right here in this thread: you're trying to pawn off an SPS 700 as something else. That, would be a lie.
I just wasted some time going through your post history.

I noted everyone starts with "RE:". As well as a liar and nasty person you apparently have never had an original thought in the empty gourd sitting atop you scrawny neck.

As far as Mr Bin goes:

"The definition of a pimp is someone who finds customers for prostitutes and takes a portion of their earnings."

So you said I'm a whore earning money for him. That, you poor fool, is the exact definition of a pimp.

Put your foot in it again .....LOL Start sweating........
Yep, he's pimping you - like a cheap whore. You're here ONLY to make money for him. That's the only reason he let you back in; to drive post counts and page hits, all of which he gets paid for.

You're a lying, reprehensible old POS that's been caught, time and again in lies, cons, and scams here. You've been banned and booted, several times over. The only reason you're back is because you make Rick a profit.

Your history here proves what a miserable, worthless, no good, lying sack of schit you are (and always have been), and this thread proves once again that you're trying to dishonestly sell something for what it is not.

Rick laughs all the way to the bank.

Finally,you're admitting who you are. BRAVO!
Have any of you considered that you are helping to sell this rifle by keeping it bumped up to the top?

How about the long held ideal here that if you did not want something posted here, whether due to the item or other reason, you just move along and not throw stones at anothers item for sale. If the rifle is not worth $1,000 it wont sell. If someone thinks that this combination of parts is the cats meow, let them buy it and be happy.

No dog in this fight as I am not buying guns these days and have not been much for Model 700's or sythnetic stocks. But if I see an item or a seller that I don't care for, for whatever reason, I simply don't buy that item.

Knocking another mans gun or other item here for sale is a far worse act than trying to post an item that is perhaps - and this is for the seller and buyer to decide - overpriced.

This used to not happen here, and was called out when it happened as the very poor action that it was. And still is.

Ya don't think it is worth the money asked or have a beef with the seller? Well allrighty then.... Don't buy the item.

But for cryin out loud don't bash another mans stuff that has been posted. That has never before been considered kosher here, and should not be now.

There now, isn't that easy?

Anyone that buys this rifle at this price is a full blown moron.

That YOU, of Ruger Charger and other infamous thread fame, would venture here is ridiculous. You and Larry share a lot in common, and none of it good.
Well you all violated site rules by pirating a valid thread just to vent your hatred.

All the lies and accusations about me have not and never will be supported by any facts. Most of you are just lemmings hopping on the hate Larry bandwagon with no idea how this whole stupidity started 7 years ago.

None of you has ever bought or sold from/to me, nor can you produce any member who was cheated by me on any site anywhere. My 100% perfect ratings on all the auction sites I deal on says far more than a bunch of little boys hiding under their desks engaging in internet slander.

So continue to make fools of yourselves you have become IRRELEVANT both to me and the site.

I'll continue to stay out of your mud pit and deal with the 99.9999% of members who are not liars and are gentlemen.

My best to you and yours, Larry

First off....GFY

Secondly...you trying to sell something is a hoot.

Thirdly...can I put it on layaway with monopoly money?

Fourth...GFY again you worthless lying scheming Piece of Schitt.
Two sides of the story on the Ruger Charger, and I posted photos proving it to be in the good condition I claimed. When asked to produce photos showing otherwise, Missouri Ed quit the thread.

Hundreds of deals gone well here, and many who would still send me an item before money arrives and I back to them.

I have never met Larry, but he has done me no harm so I will not badger him or anyone else in such a cowardly fashion as many do here.

I only had the one thing to say here and I have said it. No more from me in this thread as, like I said, I have no dog in the fight. I merely am lamenting the fashion in which this forum has deteriorated. And those of you who bash are the perpitrators.

NOPE ..... http://www.cabelas.com/product/Remington-Model-SPS-Big-Game-in-H-H/1245254.uts
Originally Posted by safariman
Two sides of the story on the Ruger Charger, and I posted photos proving it to be in the good condition I claimed. When asked to produce photos showing otherwise, Missouri Ed quit the thread.

Hundreds of deals gone well here, and many who would still send me an item before money arrives and I back to them.

I have never met Larry, but he has done me no harm so I will not badger him or anyone else in such a cowardly fashion as many do here.

I only had the one thing to say here and I have said it. No more from me in this thread as, like I said, I have no dog in the fight. I merely am lamenting the fashion in which this forum has deteriorated. And those of you who bash are the perpitrators.

Its dumbphucks like you and Root that "deteriorate" forums..You are good for a laugh tho, even if you are trying your level best to be serious.
Blah, blah, blah. I'll keep sending it back to the top to showcase your violations of site rules, cowardly lies as well as, of course, calling Mr. Bin a pimp.

Safariman pointed out how foolish your course of action is and how it turns people off.

You don't care because you are OCD freaks who MUST control the site regardless of the damage you do.

Interesting that NONE of you can come up with a single documented case where I cheated anyone in a deal here or elsewhere but, as the Nazis said, a lie told often enough and loud enough will become accepted as truth by the masses to dumb to fact check it.

99.9999% of the men on this site occupy the right side of IQ as depicted on a normal distribution curve. You poor souls are all at the extreme left.

BTW still waiting for the errors I made on the 03A3 thread, or was that just another lie with no facts to support it ?

your best pal, Larry
btt
Originally Posted by avagadro

NOPE ..... http://www.cabelas.com/product/Remington-Model-SPS-Big-Game-in-H-H/1245254.uts
Here. I'll help.

BTT, with Larry's latest misrepresentations.
where's the rule about ass-raping a classified ad?

Meaning, is it in writing somewhere, or is it a gentleman's agreement?
Originally Posted by avagadro

Well Mr. Expert, unlike you, I called the Gun Library and found the gun you so proudly referenced was sold in SEPTEMBER OF 2011.

That's just a while ago. So yet once again, your stupidity or outright lies have caught up with you.

Even IF it were still for sale at that price, when you add in all that was done to the rifle, $1000 is a bargain.

your pal and truth teller, Larry
btt
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=463265726

$751 NIB sold in January

sure it doesn't have that shilen barrel, but then again, yours isn't a limited run of 500 375 H&H,

apples, oranges, kumquats...

Where is Bricktop when you need him?
BTT,for more of the lying larry's .300 H&H.

This is EPIC!
That Gunbroker search must have taken a while. Don't you have a job ? or a life ?

Nice rifle. $751 plus shipping plus FFL transfer, plus $400 Shilen bbl, plus fitting, plus chambering, plus SAKO extractor, plus trigger job and where would you be at ?

Best guess +-$1500.

Do you really think anyone collects "limited" edition sandblasted 700s with tupperware stocks because they have some paint on the floor plate ?

Way down the curve. Don't hit your head on the desk.

your pal and truth teller Larry
That Gunbroker search must have taken a while. Don't you have a job ? or a life ?

Nice rifle. $751 plus shipping plus FFL transfer, plus $400 Shilen bbl, plus fitting, plus chambering, plus SAKO extractor, plus trigger job and where would you be at ?

Best guess +-$1500.

Do you really think anyone collects "limited" edition sandblasted 700s with tupperware stocks because they have some paint on the floor plate ?

your pal and truth teller Larry
Prove it.

And while you're at it more pics of the firearm in question.

As for the floorplate,Remington had .375 H&H written and IIRC 100 years anniversary on it with 1912-2012 in gold lettering again IIRC.

Originally Posted by 7x64FartNozzle

Best guess +-$1500.

your pal and lying ass Larry
I really am not obligated to prove anything to you or anyone else.

You and the other few nasty little boys are owed nothing from me but contempt.

The rifle will sell, they all do from a seller with 100% perfect feedback on every site he buys and sells on.

You children, on the other hand, are even afraid to tell the other members who you are.

But do keep up your puerile postings so anyone reading the thread can see just what really foolish and vindictive people you are.

Your best buddy and truth teller, Larry

btt

As a completed item search, it took about 5, maybe 10 seconds.

This is where your fuzzy math comes into play

Best guess +-$1500.

your valuation is taking into account a completed NIB rifle, that is a limited edition, and adding a aftermarket barrel.

You also are puffing yours up as a former DGR rifle, which it no longer is, to increase the value?

You have a used action(375 ish), with factory tupperware, and a used after market barrel (400 new and chambered according to shilens website). A trigger job of unknown etyology and a sako extractor ($30-$40) installed by who? and how long ago?

And that some how equals a grand....

what's your round count that justifies the accuracy guarantee?
Posted By: aalf Re: doucenozzle - 03/06/15
Originally Posted by 7x64 F'ing idiot
SPS is not, was not ever made in 375 H&H,

5 second search......

SPS

SPS

Posted By: GutshotBuck Re: Those Poor Trolls - 03/06/15
I'm enjoying watching the trolls make fools of themselves here.

It's nice to see Larry showing compassion and being patient with their lies and childish shenanigans.

laugh

I would do the same. Forgive them.....they know not what they do and have nothing better to do.

Trolls......I'm watching you.

And laughing.
Posted By: RWE Re: Those Poor Trolls - 03/06/15
Originally Posted by GutshotBuck
I'm enjoying watching the trolls make fools of themselves here.

that's called a mirror.
Posted By: oldman1942 Re: Those Poor Trolls - 03/07/15
No that's called LOLing at all you children who have no lives, nothing to say and only exist to annoy your betters.

RWE you are so full of you know what, your eyes are brown.

I guess you can't read the Shilen website.... $400 is the price for a chrome moly match grade. Installation, truing, headspacing etc will add $150.

Having a SAKO extractor installed correctly runs about $125.

A gunsmith trigger job of which you know ZERO, is a lot of hand work and runs $100 and up

Cerakoting $165.

That's almost a grand on top of the gun so..........

AGAIN you boys at the bottom of the curve are incorrect, as always.

BTW, if I care I could find the DGR pot metal bottom metal for $100 bucks, but who would be stupid enough to put pot metal bottom metal on a 700 just because it has something written on it ?

Oh yes, RWE would, so he could be cool among the other children.
I really am not obligated to prove anything to you or anyone else.

You and the other few nasty little boys are owed nothing from me but contempt.

The rifle will sell, they all do from a seller with 100% perfect feedback on every site he buys and sells on.

You children, on the other hand, are even afraid to tell the other members who you are.

But do keep up your puerile postings so anyone reading the thread can see just what really foolish and vindictive people you are.

Your best buddy and truth teller, Larry

To the first sentence in bold letters,ummm yes,you do. You make a claim and two people so far have asked for more pics,and one of them asked to see the target.

You are trying to sell a rifle and you won't provide additional pics,why?

To the second sentence in bold,I've been to two rondys and there are several people on here who know my name. What that has to do with this I have no idea. crazy
I'm just waiting for him to go tattle to Rick that we're "being mean". That'll be ironic to the nth degree.

Go ahead, Larry the whore; run to your pimp and cry. He'll laugh right along with us.
Really? You have to be kidding,right?
Look children, none of you would buy this rifle under any circumstances, so there is really no point in bowing down to a bunch of wannabes demanding that I, the seller, do it their way.

There's a real echo of the demands made by the little boys seven years ago who told me that I could not sell on lay-a-way.

You were frustrated then as you are now. Classic OCD behavior, throwing a tantrum because you can't get your way.

But do keep acting like fools as every rational person reading your loon rants is getting a clearer and clearer picture of what a few children bent on destroying another member are capable of.

your best buddy who will always forgive you as long as it's just drivel from brats hiding under a desk.

best to you and yours, Larry

btt
Look children, none of you would buy this rifle under any circumstances, so there is really no point in bowing down to a bunch of wannabes demanding that I, the seller, do it their way.

There's a real echo of the demands made by the little boys seven years ago who told me that I could not sell on lay-a-way.

You were frustrated then as you are now. Classic OCD behavior, throwing a tantrum because you can't get your way.

But do keep acting like fools as every rational person reading your loon rants is getting a clearer and clearer picture of what a few children bent on destroying another member are capable of.

your best buddy who will always forgive you as long as it's just drivel from brats hiding under a desk.

No dipschit,you were asked to provide more pics of the rifle and pics of the 5 shot sub MOA group that YOU SAID the rifle shot. If your stupid azz can't figure that out you are a bigger idiot than I thought.
You may ask until hedoublel freezes over and you will never get them as your record shows you are a nasty liar and provocateur who is no more a potential customer for this rifle than you are an honorable man.

The whole purpose of all the postings from the peanut gallery is to pirate the thread, insult me and queer the sale.

You may have ridden into, soon to be Mexico, on the turnip truck but we grow folks a lot brighter up here.

The rifle is 100% as represented as has been every item I have ever sold on any auction or blog. I'll stand on my record. While you are too afraid to even reveal who you are, not to mention any record you may have.

btt
Hasn't sold yet? Imagine that...
Posted By: RWE Re: Those Poor Trolls - 03/07/15

diarrhea

So it has new bottom metal and a cerrakote job.

You didn't mention this in the original post. Why?

I'm sure you can keep adding up virtual pennies to get to a dollar though.

Who did the cerrakote. What make is the bottom metal?

Who was the gunsmith to validate your labor charges? I know a thing or two about trigger jobs. I know I don't do them for other people, normally, and I don't charge myself to do them.....

And what of the "new" price for the barrel you continue to quote. Round count, and twist please.

I'm sure it wasn't a cheaper group buy ragged out sewer pipe 3006 that you just happened to rechamber and dry thread to the action....

But I'll assume that until proven otherwise.
BTT for a f*ckin' retard
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Those Poor Trolls - 03/07/15
How about some close up shots of the new barrel and extractor? How about some of those 1/2" groups?

If you're trying for the "new and improved" Larry, you're failing miserably. Don't know what your deal is, but if it involves medication, let absorb into your bloodstream before logging onto the 'Fire.
Posted By: mog75 Re: Those Poor Trolls - 03/07/15
Tag
Still hasn't sold? Shocking!
Don't worry - it will be "sold" shortly. I'm sure the post will be "I just sold this on an auction site for 1200 because the buyers knew what they were getting. Unlike you wannabee's here."

[Linked Image]
Man I'm not going to go into as much detail as others here have, but you post a chitty pic of what appears to be a $600 Rem SPS. Add vague descriptions of the components you have deemed to increase the actual value buy several hundred dollars and provide no supporting pictures, and then you get all butt hurt because guys point it out? Guess I'm shocked too that it hasn't sold yet.
Trades?
I'll take it.
Pm me for payment instructions please.
P.T. Barnum was right!

'ol Larry "Douchebag" Root just ripped that cellophane wrapper off Tom the sucker and took a big long lick. sick
I'm betting 2 weeks from today....
Hmmm...

Buyer beware... shocked

DF
If Tom backs out I may be interested in the layaway program if that's still available.
Boy howdy does he have screws loose.I hope it works out for the buyer.
Btt
Larry hasn't PM'd me yet.
Maybe he's not serious about selling it?
Tom, I set the lay-a-way instructions and the payment instructions as well, not you.

When I see the USPS M.O. for a grand and a valid FFL come in my mailbox, then you'll own it. Somehow I suspect someone with 21,592 posts doesn't have much of a life outside being a troll.

Mog I thought you'ld be on your way here by now, lots of us eager to meet a newbie troll.

If you don't like the 700, you can buy this one for $7000........it's also a 300 Super, flanged not belted.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and a valid FFL come in my mailbox

BATF neither requires, nor wants, non FFL holders a hard copy of FFLs.

That's why they have this:

FFL EZ Check
Go figure that Lying Larry Root changes parameters midstream.'

He's welching on his own ad. Go figure.

The again, Rick is simply pimping him like the cheap whore he his. Other than page hits and post counts, what else really matters?
Originally Posted by 4ager
Go figure that Lying Larry Root changes parameters midstream.'

He's welching on his own ad. Go figure.

The again, Rick is simply pimping him like the cheap whore he his. Other than page hits and post counts, what else really matters?
Yup.
Sorry my FFL here want's either hard copy FFL or copy of driver's license.

With all the scum around he is smart to CYA ....... I mean just look at this site.....people buy stuff with counterfeit money ? Whoda thunk it ?

time to send this back up top.

Adios Rancho, cold in NJ isn't it ?

Your pal, Larry
btt
Posted By: aalf Re: Whatadumass - 03/09/15
Originally Posted by 7x64 F'ing idiot
Sorry my FFL here want's either hard copy FFL or copy of driver's license.

No reason for your FFL to get involved.....
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Still waiting on more pics of the Rem M 700 .300 H&H and the 5 shot sub MOA group it shot.

You will never see them, understand ?

Sure he will!
Not much to look at, and of course no targets to quantify his allegations (no surprise)... but, here you go:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hmmm.... I wonder if someone were to call Remington and provide the serail number if they would state the rifle began as an SPS... grin
Thanks FOsteology,it doesn't look like it's worth the $1000 he's asking for it. Maybe $500 or so.
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Still waiting on more pics of the Rem M 700 .300 H&H and the 5 shot sub MOA group it shot.

Sure he will!
Not much to look at, and of course no targets to quantify his allegations (no surprise)... but, here you go:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hmmm.... I wonder if someone were to call Remington and provide the serail number if they would state the rifle began as an SPS... grin

I'm doing that tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Tom264

Sure he will!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm doing that tomorrow.

Doubt its even a SPS - no letter prefix on the serial number so its an older action in a SPS stock - also note the two screws in the side of the action towards the back, think they stopped doing that sometime in the late 1970's maybe?? Could be off on that guess but certainly pre SPS for sure. Parts gun at best??
Could not be going better.

The 2 screw holes are for a receiver sight. You've probably never seen one.

Keep up the good work, Larry
btt
thought you had a buyer...

I'll take it.
Originally Posted by RWE
thought you had a buyer...

I'll take it.

He spit the hook out................
I hope so.

Otherwise it would be rude of Lawrence to keep bumping the ad if someone thought they were getting this fine parts gun.....
I thought all Remingtons after 1968 had an alpha prefix letter as required by the GCA?
Aww...

I'm sure it's exactly as Larry advertised it...

Would he mislead a potential buyer..???

Has he ever been less than forthright with a sale..??

Does he have a reputation as a wheeler dealer...??

Naw...

Not this ole Troll...

DF
Never claimed to be an expert on Remington 700's. But I DO know you're not 100% accurate nor forthcoming on this parts gun. Intentionally too...
Buh bye Larry "Douchebag" Root. Please do let the door hit you in your crusty krunt on the way out! grin
Originally Posted by RWE
100.00 shipped paypal gift.

offer still stands.....
Aww..

The action is worth $400...

DF
So we have a old Remington action with side screws for a peep sight.
A new bolt with a Sako Extractor . Gold lettering and this is a Remington Custom shop gun?.

link to yet another user name selling same gun
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
A new bolt with a Sako Extractor . Gold lettering and this is a Remington Custom shop gun?.

That's the douchebags Gun Auction account....
Well I see old tranny's is gone again.
Called remington this morning, only thing they could tell me is it's a 1967 model.
Nothing else.

I wasn't really gonna buy it anyway...just seeing if I could antagonize him/her.
Called remington this morning, only thing they could tell me is it's a 1967 model.
Nothing else.

I wasn't really gonna buy it anyway...just seeing if I could antagonize him/her.

I had a 1968 700 6mm with those side screws so I knew it was an older action.
awful expensive for a tomatoe stake..............
Wonder why Larry never used his Wymtrange handle here on the Fire.

Or did he...?

DF
THANK YOU Rick for banning larry root! smile

See that his "7x64FN" is gone and "oldman1942" has taken it's place.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

He can't even keep his lies straight in the same ad. Up top, he talks about not wanting to keep 4 300 H&H's, which magically grows to 5 when someone asked him a question about it. He even claimed that that flat stock SPS stock has been cerakoted.
Originally Posted by the gunsamerica ad
The Remington trigger is excellent and there are numerous internet posts on how to safely adjust the trigger down to a couple of pounds.

And here in this thread it almost sounds like he was saying the trigger was professionally done.

In the GA ad, it sounds like he google fu'd it.

Nothing else.

I was initially shocked to see your "I'll take it" post.

Should have known you were just messing with him.

You been around here way too long to fall for that old Trolls lies and tricks.

If you had some "funny money" you could have taken advantage of Larry's "lay away" plan... laugh

DF
The funny part is i was going to mail him monopoly money and a hand written (in crayon) FFL
He wouldve been mad.
Too funny...

DF
JUST to preserve for posterity........

Gunaction.com description:
Guns For Sale - Remington -- Model 700 DGR custom 300 H&H PRICE CUT

Start out with a Remington 700 DGR in 375 H&H. Send it off to Shilen, have the best grade 25" barrel installed, chambered in 300 Holland and Holland. Had a trigger job done and then cerakote the whole rifle and stock (except the rubber gripping panels). Now you have a wonderful rifle in the best 30 caliber magnum ever conceived. It has shot 20 rounds of Federal Premium ammo loaded with 180 gr Swifts. Four 5 shot groups were all under one MOA. It's a wonderful rifle but I have to clean out the gun safe and cannot justify four 300 H&Hs. In the interest of smoother bolt operation the bolt body has been polished. FFL required. Buyer pays actual shipping & insurance costs in a hard case. 60 day lay-a-way (25% down) is available.

**Auction closed.........surprise, surprise.

Campfire description:
It now has a Shielen barrel in 300 H&H, has been fine tuned bedded, trigger reset and a SAKO extractor installed. It is guaranteed to be a 5 shot sub MOA rifle.

$1000 to your FFL.

At least his story's consistent............... crazy

Thread Soundtrack
Hmmm...

I think I see mention of the famous L. Root "lay away" plan...

Step into my parlor said the spider to the fly... shocked

DF
Originally Posted by 222Rem
JUST to preserve for posterity........

Gunaction.com description:
Guns For Sale - Remington -- Model 700 DGR custom 300 H&H PRICE CUT

Start out with a Remington 700 DGR in 375 H&H. Send it off to Shilen, have the best grade 25" barrel installed, chambered in 300 Holland and Holland. Had a trigger job done and then cerakote the whole rifle and stock (except the rubber gripping panels). Now you have a wonderful rifle in the best 30 caliber magnum ever conceived. It has shot 20 rounds of Federal Premium ammo loaded with 180 gr Swifts. Four 5 shot groups were all under one MOA. It's a wonderful rifle but I have to clean out the gun safe and cannot justify four 300 H&Hs. In the interest of smoother bolt operation the bolt body has been polished. FFL required. Buyer pays actual shipping & insurance costs in a hard case. 60 day lay-a-way (25% down) is available.

**Auction closed.........surprise, surprise.

Campfire description:

$1000 to your FFL.

At least his story's consistent............... crazy

Thread Soundtrack

Aww, you mean guys done hurt his feelings. He ended the auction.......... cry
Don't worry, he'll be back...

Maybe his next handle will be, "The Phoenix", as in up from the ashes... shocked

DF
Well, he relisted it on Auction Arms, and interesting he now claims it was originally a 30-06... not the "DGR" .375 H&H he claimed here.

The oldman has lied so much that he can't remember what his trembling feeble lady fingers typed just a few short days ago.

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/13303283#
laughing

If guns could talk ! This is a Vietnam era 1967 700 action issued in 30-06. The bolt has been redone, fitted to the action and the fragile Remington extractor replaced with a SAKO one. It was sent Shilen, have the Match grade chrome moly 25" barrel installed, chambered in 300 Holland and Holland. Then it was fitted with a Remington synthetic stock. Trigger job was done in conjunction with the extractor installation. The metal was cerakoted, except the riding surfaces of the bolt.Now you have a wonderful rifle in the best 30 caliber magnum ever conceived. It has shot 20 rounds of Federal Premium ammo loaded with 180 gr Swifts. Four 5 shot groups were all under one MOA. It's a wonderful rifle but I have to clean out the gun safe and cannot justify five 300 H&Hs. FFL required. Buyer pays actual shipping & insurance costs in a hard case. 60 day lay-a-way (25% down) is available.

wonder what the reserve is?
Well, he relisted it on Auction Arms, and interesting he now claims it was originally a 30-06... not the "DGR" .375 H&H he claimed here.

The oldman has lied so much that he can't remember what his trembling feeble lady fingers typed just a few short days ago.

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/13303283#

Wow
"then it was fitted with a Remington synthetic stock"..

That tranny dooshbag is truly deranged.

Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
"then it was fitted with a Remington synthetic stock"..

That tranny dooshbag is truly deranged.

Is that the same thing as a 30 dollar, shipped SPS stock. grin
Where the [bleep] is Bricktop when you need him ? grin
Alright,which one of you bid $20.99? smile
The "story" is more interesting than the gun, for sure... grin

DF

That's the next minimum bid.

Someone bid $0.99
Originally Posted by RWE

That's the next minimum bid.

Someone bid $0.99
laugh grin
Folks over there are messing with him... blush

I'm sure it's not any of you... grin

DF
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Folks over there are messing with him... blush

I'm sure it's not any of you... grin

I know who the current bidder is! He stated he inquired whether he could pay with parking tokens. laugh

I bet douchebag's left eye started twitching!!
laugh

Glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that...

DF
Maybe I'll go throw 99.00 at it, or not.
Have any of you considered that you are helping to sell this rifle by keeping it bumped up to the top?

How about the long held ideal here that if you did not want something posted here, whether due to the item or other reason, you just move along and not throw stones at anothers item for sale. If the rifle is not worth $1,000 it wont sell. If someone thinks that this combination of parts is the cats meow, let them buy it and be happy.

No dog in this fight as I am not buying guns these days and have not been much for Model 700's or sythnetic stocks. But if I see an item or a seller that I don't care for, for whatever reason, I simply don't buy that item.

Knocking another mans gun or other item here for sale is a far worse act than trying to post an item that is perhaps - and this is for the seller and buyer to decide - overpriced.

This used to not happen here, and was called out when it happened as the very poor action that it was. And still is.

Ya don't think it is worth the money asked or have a beef with the seller? Well allrighty then.... Don't buy the item.

But for cryin out loud don't bash another mans stuff that has been posted. That has never before been considered kosher here, and should not be now.

You've really been blessed with tremendous instincts.
Originally Posted by SKane

Larry is over 65.

grin
Originally Posted by 4ager

Larry is over 65.

I'm crying here..
grin

[Linked Image]
Think larry blew a gasket on that bid. cool
Bricktop.
Through gunauction I asked if he really knew how the rifle started out and received this tall tale, I mean answer:

Yup just whipping up a story. That^s why I have 100% perfect feedback on every site I buy and sell on. Your smart azz comments don^t really deserve an answer, but being a nice guy I^ll respond. Basically the guy who sold me the rifle lied. When my pals at the Remington collector^s society researched it, it was found to be an action from a 1967 USMC contract in 30-06. Probably went to Nam as a sniper rifle (no they all were not 7.62 NATO) and some how found it^s way back and was used as the basis for this rifle. The whole story will probably never be known but it is a fine 300 H&H from back when 700s were fine rifles. While I know you^re just a trouble maker and certainly not a buyer, common courtesy (something you should work on) dictates my courteous response.

Had I known it was a sniper rifle from nam the first time he listed it here I would have paid $5k for it. Thinking he should stop snorting pixie sticks.
Cool, a sniper rifle, now I'm really wishing I had this.
Easily worth. 5k
That's the reason for the new bolt.

The old one was full of notches....

I'm sure he'll find the initals "C.H." carved in the bottom metal..
Remington collector's society.. A 'Nam sniper rifle...

This just gets better and better.
Camo dip and krylon is a special 1 of 4 collectors item..

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/12343245/
Even story spinning Larry has a hard time making a shrink wrapped A-Bort look good. I wonder if this gun will eventually become a Nam vintage sniper A-Bort... crazy

DF
You notice I said "shrink" wrapped... laugh

Larry needs a shrink wrap...

DF
everything he tries to unload has got sort of story or stigmatized value thing going on.

Waiting for him to try to sell the gun that shot Liberty Valence.
Larry's all story.

Heavy on BS, skimpy on the product... blush

Seems he's convinced that his superior intellect and literary prowess can compensate for whatever piece of junk he happens to be hawking...

DF
How come no pretty women on this thread yet?
Originally Posted by Angus1895
How come no pretty women on this thread yet?

[Linked Image]
Now THAT's the way to end a hilarious thread. grin
Thanks!
© 24hourcampfire