Home
Posted By: bersh WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/15/17
I'm looking to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor. I'm looking for stainless, brand doesn't matter. Would also consider a complete AR or an AR upper, or an encore barrel.

Thanks.
Posted By: Sakohunter264 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/15/17
I'll soon be listing a newly built (never fired) Remington 700 in 6.5 creedmoor with the following specs.

McMillan Marble Stock 13.5 LOP - Pillar and Glass Bedded
Timney Trigger - Tuned at 2.5bs
Hart 2.5 Contour 1-8" 24" SS Barrel - Floorboard Crown
Remington 700 Action - Action trued, lugs lapped, timed
Rifle has been professionally Cerekoted Sniper Grey
Lightweight Bottom Metal
Pinned Holland Recoil Lug
Built by Barry Davis - Bayfield Colorado "MicroGroups"
PM if interested, I have preliminary photos. Rifle won't ship until after Christmas

Posted By: d500lnn Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/15/17
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
I'll soon be listing a newly built (never fired) Remington 700 in 6.5 creedmoor with the following specs.

Lightweight Bottom Metal
PM if interested, I have preliminary photos. Rifle won't ship until after Christmas

Just out of curiosity, what would you list this for? PM me if you wouldn't mind. I'm almost complete with a very similar build in 7-08
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/15/17
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264

Lightweight Bottom Metal

As nice as this rifle sounds, I'm pretty sure it's a bit out of my price range.
Posted By: khough Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/15/17
I picked up the 22" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for one of my Thompson Center Dimension receivers a couple of months back. I am very happy with it! I removed a .270 Win barrel off of the receiver and left the scope on it that was zeroed in at 200 yards for the .270 Win barrel. Within a couple of shots I had the scope zeroed in at 200 yards for the 6.5 Creedmoor barrel. When I zeroed in the scope I was shooting a box of Federal Non-Typical 6.5 Creedmoor 140gr boattail spire point factory ammo that runs $16.99 a box. At 200 yards I was getting less than 1/2" grouping with 3 shot groups. I was happy with that. The Dimension setup runs anywhere from a couple hundred dollars used to $550 new. The barrel ran me $155 shipped from Midsouth Shooter's Supply on sale. The Dimension's looks have grown on me, but it definitely won't win any beauty contests, unless maybe a Klingon beauty contest.
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/15/17
Need to keep it under $1k, thanks.
Posted By: hounder Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/16/17
I have a legendary arms which I may sell
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/16/17
I'm just spitballing here.
I know that this is not exactly what your post is for, but have you considered a 35 Whelen? The reason I bring this up is the 6.5CM is somewhat of a fad, but the 35W has stood the test of time and will still be a popular round when the newfangled gun crowd moves on to the next "hot" caliber. Also, I just happen to have a Remington 750 Carbine in 35W that I would be willing to part with for $995.00 which is under your stated budget and this gun will surely become a family heirloom unlike the 6.5CM which your grand kids will never shoot because they will not be able to find ammo.

Let me know what you think and feel free to throw me out an offer.
Posted By: wilbilly Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/16/17
Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw
I know that this is not exactly what your post is for, but have you considered a 35 Whelen? The reason I bring this up is the 6.5CM is somewhat of a fad, but the 35W has stood the test of time and will still be a popular round when the newfangled gun crowd moves on to the next "hot" caliber. Also, I just happen to have a Remington 750 Carbine in 35W that I would be willing to part with for $995.00 which is under your stated budget and this gun will surely become a family heirloom unlike the 6.5CM which your grand kids will never shoot because they will not be able to find ammo.

Let me know what you think and feel free to throw me out an offer.

Hmmm...
Posted By: originalJCH Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/16/17
i have a kimber montana in 6.5cm $850
Posted By: setch Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/16/17
....The reason I bring this up is the 6.5CM is somewhat of a fad.....

wtf?
Posted By: powdr Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/16/17
10 years is quite a long fad. powdr
Posted By: USMC2602 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/16/17
You better check out originalJCH’s post....quickly
Posted By: setch Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/16/17
Originally Posted by USMC2602

..real quick!
Posted By: wilbilly Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/16/17
Originally Posted by setch
Originally Posted by USMC2602

..real quick!

+1
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/17/17
I missed out on that deal, was busy coaching hockey.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/17/17
Was a heck of a deal.
What about a tikka?
Posted By: farmer Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/17/17
Not stainless but a lot of folks buying the savage 6.5 at Dicks with the 25% off and $100.00 rebate from Savage. Final price less than 300.00
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Was a heck of a deal.
What about a tikka?

Would be interested in more info.
Posted By: Boonechaser Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/17/17
From their ad it only looks like it’s 10% off on Firearms

https://imgur.com/gallery/yg6jy
Originally Posted by Boonechaser

In store only thru today with discount and rebate $274.58
Posted By: SKane Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/17/17

[Linked Image]

Bump for bersh.

Posted By: Boonechaser Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/17/17
Originally Posted by farmer
Originally Posted by Boonechaser

In store only thru today with discount and rebate $274.58

I’m assuming at that price it’s an Axis? Cabelas has them on sale for $279 not including a $100 mail in rebate. So if the point is buying the cheapest 6.5 cm, can’t beat one for $179
model 10 and no point to it just saying what it is.
Posted By: Jonnymac Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/17/17
I've got a Vanguard S2 I've been trying to sell for a while. New unfired with a Warne picatinny rail installed. Was planning on swapping out stocks but bought a Fieldcraft instead.

It's not stainless though so probably not what you're looking for. Still closer than what blah blah blah offered.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/17/17
Mr Bersh,
I would like to share with you another observation while you are considering a 35W rather than a 6.5CM.

Last night I stopped at a Holiday Superstation to get some gas and groceries and to get my wife's Christmas present. When I was in the aisle that sold ammo I could not help but notice that the spot on the shelf where the 6.5CM ammo would have been was completely empty, but there were 13 boxes of 35W. I asked the person working if they had any 6.5CM in back she checked and said no. She also went on to say "we will not be getting any anytime soon". My best guess would be that the person that does the ammo ordering for the store has realized that the furor for this caliber is trending down and does not want to get stuck with a bunch of boxes collecting dust for years. Eventually, this round is going to be getting harder and harder to find.

I do not know how to post pictures like that bald guy did for you to bump this thread, but if you PM me your cell number I could send you pictures of the 750 Remington Carbine I have for sale and your could treat yourself to a beautiful rifle for Christmas.
Posted By: khough Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/17/17
Not wanting to get anything going with Bob Loblaw nor disrespect the 35 Whelen which is a good caliber, but the 6.5 Creedmoor was most likely sold out due to the high demand for it and the person doing the ordering probably couldn't get any in the store from their supplier in time for the hunting season. Looking at the online sellers like MidwayUSA, Graf and Sons, MidSouth Shooters Supply, and several others, it is hit and miss on who has this or that currently in stock right now. Right now is just after most states rifle season. The 6.5 Creedmoor isn't going away anytime soon. It is a 1000+ yard cartridge, low recoil, accurate shooting round, and a variety of rifle makers are putting out 6.5 Creedmoor rifles below $500. For a lot of shooters out there who can't afford the $2500+ 1000 yard custom rifle in both this caliber and other long distance calibers, the 6.5 Creedmoor offers those shooters an affordable 1000+ yard rifle. Only time will tell if and when the 6.5 Creedmoor will die out, but it will be quite a while before it does in both the hunting and match shooting communities.
Originally Posted by bersh
Was a heck of a deal.
What about a tikka?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...kka-t3x-lite-6-5-creedmoors#Post12158083

Good place to start and good place to obtain one ...
Posted By: Pittu Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/17/17
The fact that a Holiday gas station carries ammo, and especially something as commercially obscure as 35 Whelen, tells me your part of the world is still alright.
Was a heck of a deal.
What about a tikka?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...kka-t3x-lite-6-5-creedmoors#Post12158083

Good place to start and good place to obtain one ...

Those are long gone, but thanks.
https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-1707201610258

As of today, they have 11 in stock. Check the above (current) link.

You won't find a better shop to deal with.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/18/17
https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-1707201610258

As of today, they have 11 in stock. Check the above (current) link.

You won't find a better shop to deal with.

Amen brother - look no further.
Posted By: MAH1977 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/18/17
Mr Bersh,
I would like to share with you another observation while you are considering a 35W rather than a 6.5CM.

Last night I stopped at a Holiday Superstation to get some gas and groceries and to get my wife's Christmas present. When I was in the aisle that sold ammo I could not help but notice that the spot on the shelf where the 6.5CM ammo would have been was completely empty, but there were 13 boxes of 35W. I asked the person working if they had any 6.5CM in back she checked and said no. She also went on to say "we will not be getting any anytime soon". My best guess would be that the person that does the ammo ordering for the store has realized that the furor for this caliber is trending down and does not want to get stuck with a bunch of boxes collecting dust for years. Eventually, this round is going to be getting harder and harder to find.

I do not know how to post pictures like that bald guy did for you to bump this thread, but if you PM me your cell number I could send you pictures of the 750 Remington Carbine I have for sale and your could treat yourself to a beautiful rifle for Christmas.

Is this a joke? If not, I have $500, which I know is not what you're looking to sell your 750 Carbine for, but $500 will always be a good amount and $995 is a fad and will be gone very soon. . .
Posted By: USAFHUNTER Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/18/17
I have a browning xbolt Long Range Stalker like this one that has been cerakote burnt bronze and is proven on deer, antelope and elk. I would take 850 Shipped.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Browning-X-Bolt-Stalker-Long-Range-Bolt-Action-Rifles/2278547.uts
Posted By: Jonnymac Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/18/17
If you're alright with Cerakote instead of stainless the Howa Alpines are nice. Just saw this one listed. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...389/gonew/1/howa-alpine-6-5-creed#UNREAD

I have no connection to the seller. I've got one in 7MM-08 and I really like the high tech specialties stock.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/18/17
Originally Posted by MAH1977
Mr Bersh,

Is this a joke? If not, I have $500, which I know is not what you're looking to sell your 750 Carbine for, but $500 will always be a good amount and $995 is a fad and will be gone very soon. . .

Thank you for your interest, but the 750 Carbine has been sold. I'll let you know if something happens
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/19/17
I’ve got a Tikka T3X Superlite I’d sell ya, only a month old. PM me if your interested.
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/20/17
Mr Bersh,

Thank you for your interest, but the 750 Carbine has been sold. I'll let you know if something happens

That sounded like a nice rig.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/21/17
Mr Bersh,

That sounded like a nice rig.

Mr Bersh,
I am sorry you did not get my 750 Carbine 35W another person pm me and we made a deal. If you have changed your mind about the 6.5 CM and want a Carbine I found this one on Gun Broker. It's not mine, but my cousin has one almost like it and he loves it. My cousin has cable tv and is able to watch all the hunting show so I trust him.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/717372324
and you'll not have to worry about finding ammo for a 270, it has been around a long time.
Posted By: powdr Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/21/17
That might be the heaviest factory rifle I've ever had in my hands. powdr
Posted By: setch Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/21/17
Mr Bersh,

This thread has some real head-scratchers in it. I thought it was a deadpan joke making the point (which was probably reality!) that the Superstation couldn't keep 6.5cm on the shelves because there are so many who use them and buy the ammo...but apparently not the intent, which is hilarious!
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/21/17
Originally Posted by powdr
That might be the heaviest factory rifle I've ever had in my hands. powdr

Which rifle?

Mr Bersh,
I am sorry you did not get my 750 Carbine 35W another person pm me and we made a deal. If you have changed your mind about the 6.5 CM and want a Carbine I found this one on Gun Broker. It's not mine, but my cousin has one almost like it and he loves it. My cousin has cable tv and is able to watch all the hunting show so I trust him.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/717372324
and you'll not have to worry about finding ammo for a 270, it has been around a long time.

Although I have a soft spot for those old pumps, unfortunately I already have a .270 and don't really see the need for another one at this time.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/21/17
Originally Posted by USAFHUNTER
I have a browning xbolt Long Range Stalker like this one that has been cerakote burnt bronze and is proven on deer, antelope and elk. I would take 850 Shipped.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Browning-X-Bolt-Stalker-Long-Range-Bolt-Action-Rifles/2278547.uts

The Browning X-Bolt is getting high marks in the accuracy department. This would be a very good rifle for you and is in your budget.
Bump for helping another guy spend his money...
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/21/17
Have a Savage 12fv. I'd like $325tyFFL. PM me for pics
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by USAFHUNTER

The Browning X-Bolt is getting high marks in the accuracy department. This would be a very good rifle for you and is in your budget.
Bump for helping another guy spend his money...

I'm a huge Browning fan, and own a few of them. That being said, I'm trying to stick to my plan of stainless, as I seem to find myself hunting in crappy weather often, and I just prefer the look. I'd be more interested if it didn't have a break on it (not sure why Browning is putting breaks on everything lately).
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/22/17
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Have a Savage 12fv. I'd like $325tyFFL. PM me for pics

See my reply above. I'm looking to stick with stainless. Thanks.
Posted By: tojohn Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/22/17
Since you seem to be opening up to alternatives, I'll throw a hat in the ring: Encore Pro Hunter 460. This thing is light (750 is NOT), stainless (x-bolt is NOT), takes a half dozen different kinds of ammo available at the local gas station or hardware (35W & 6.5CM NOT). Let's look at the options: 45 Colt, 410 shot, 410 slugs, 45 Schofield, 454 Casull, 460 S&W, and who knows what else that fits in the chamber. Want no recoil? Stick a 45 Colt in it. Want to whack a partridge of opportunity? Drop a 410 #6 in it. Elephants headed your way? Go 460 S&W at 200yds and beyond. Can't get your hands on those? Dig around in the ammo clearance box for some long-forgotten oddballs. The 45 Colt has been around for 145 years. Will the 6.5CM be around for your great, great grandchildren to shoot? I doubt it. Make me an offer!
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/22/17
Originally Posted by tojohn
Since you seem to be opening up to alternatives, I'll throw a hat in the ring: Encore Pro Hunter 460. This thing is light (750 is NOT), stainless (x-bolt is NOT), takes a half dozen different kinds of ammo available at the local gas station or hardware (35W & 6.5CM NOT). Let's look at the options: 45 Colt, 410 shot, 410 slugs, 45 Schofield, 454 Casull, 460 S&W, and who knows what else that fits in the chamber. Want no recoil? Stick a 45 Colt in it. Want to whack a partridge of opportunity? Drop a 410 #6 in it. Elephants headed your way? Go 460 S&W at 200yds and beyond. Can't get your hands on those? Dig around in the ammo clearance box for some long-forgotten oddballs. The 45 Colt has been around for 145 years. Will the 6.5CM be around for your great, great grandchildren to shoot? I doubt it. Make me an offer!

Thanks for the offer, but at this point I'll have to pass. I have a buddy with a 460 and don't see a need for one myself. If I want to beat my shoulder up I'll just go shoot his.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/23/17
Mr Bersh,
There is a 35W for sale and it's a pump! , but not a Carbine frown Thought you may like it anyway
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...287/for-sale-remington-7600-in-35-whelen
Posted By: Sako76 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/23/17
TC Venture Weathershield in 6.5 Creedmoor, Elk country Ammo on GunBroker has them for $409, if you buy before 12/31/17 you get a $75 rebate from TC, guaranteed 3 shot MOA, I just picked one up, haven't shot it. I have a 6.5x284 WS and it's a shooter.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/23/17
Mr Bersh,
There is a 35W for sale and it's a pump! , but not a Carbine frown Thought you may like it anyway

I think I understand.
6.5CM = 35W
Got it.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/23/17
Mr Bersh,

I think I understand.
6.5CM = 35W
Got it.

NO NO NO NO!. Please do not misunderstand me. They are NOT interchangeable like a 38 and 357. Please do not even try, that is not what I am saying. If you re read the post I think you understand better, do not skip any entries.
Posted By: borden811 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17
This has the potential to be epic...
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17
Mr Bersh,

I think I understand.
6.5CM = 35W
Got it.

NO NO NO NO!. Please do not misunderstand me. They are NOT interchangeable like a 38 and 357. Please do not even try, that is not what I am saying. If you re read the post I think you understand better, do not skip any entries.

Wait, you mean 38's and 357's are interchangeable?

That's cool, a 308 and a 30/06 should be interchangeable too, I'm gonna try it.

I think you're onto something YUGE here with this.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17

You're killing me..........
Posted By: setch Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17
Originally Posted by borden811

epically wrong-headed. The 35W has no place in this thread and the OP ought to look at the many great optionsthat exist from ruger/tikka/howa - all no-brainers
Posted By: setch Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17
Originally Posted by borden811

epically wrong-headed....suggest the OP seriously look at the many great options that exist from ruger/tikka/howa - all no-brainers
Posted By: hillbill Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17
For anyone that thinks the 6.5 creed is going away in the next 30 years you need to ask some guys that actually sell them. I have a friend that works a big seller and he said the creed is the most popular caliber he has yet to see, they can't keep them in stock.

while it's not a magic round it certainly does a lot of things very very well. the big thing is all the great factory ammo available, it's getting pretty easy to come by just about anywhere you look. can't say that for the .260?
Posted By: tojohn Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17
460>35w>>270>>>6.5
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17
Originally Posted by hillbill
For anyone that thinks the 6.5 creed is going away in the next 30 years you need to ask some guys that actually sell them. I have a friend that works a big seller and he said the creed is the most popular caliber he has yet to see, they can't keep them in stock.

while it's not a magic round it certainly does a lot of things very very well. the big thing is all the great factory ammo available, it's getting pretty easy to come by just about anywhere you look. can't say that for the .260?

It does not matter how fast something sells in the beginning. Just look at Jobbibee's Tuna Pie as an example. When that first came out Reynold's Market could not keep them in the freezer. Practically as soon as they were stocked they sell out by the end of the day. Sometimes you could go down the street to Albertsons and the *might* still have some left, but even that was rare.

Then people got sick of them. You could get them anytime you wanted, but nobody bought them it got to the point where both Reynold's and Albertson's stopped stocking them

So with Jobbibee's Tuna Pie it is not a big deal because it is not like people had to buy a special microwave to cook them or some other special gizmo. In the case of the 6.5CM it is a major investment and you want your investment to be worth something down the road, not a fad.
Posted By: ribka Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17
I was up near glasgow MT this past fall bird hunting. Beautiful country

just keeping the thread on track ; )

Id look at a CTR with 26 inch barrel

It does not matter how fast something sells in the beginning. Just look at Jobbibee's Tuna Pie as an example. When that first came out Reynold's Market could not keep them in the freezer. Practically as soon as they were stocked they sell out by the end of the day. Sometimes you could go down the street to Albertsons and the *might* still have some left, but even that was rare.

Then people got sick of them. You could get them anytime you wanted, but nobody bought them it got to the point where both Reynold's and Albertson's stopped stocking them

So with Jobbibee's Tuna Pie it is not a big deal because it is not like people had to buy a special microwave to cook them or some other special gizmo. In the case of the 6.5CM it is a major investment and you want your investment to be worth something down the road, not a fad.
Posted By: wilbilly Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17
Is this thread a joke? Im missing something.
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17
Originally Posted by wilbilly

minus a couple tangents, yes, I'm looking to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor

Yer' still killin' me.........

Not like this thread needs it but free bump.

Somebody PLEASE sell bersh a 6.5 Creed. At this juncture the guy really deserves one.............
Posted By: Joel6180 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17
What is a "tuna pie"?
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17
It's a 35 Whelen.
Posted By: wilbilly Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17

I have one and really like it you should definitely try one.
It's a 35 Whelen.

Which according to some, is apparently quite similar to a 6.5 Creed...........or a tuna pie.........
Posted By: Kaleb Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/24/17
45/70 all the way
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/25/17
Originally Posted by ribka

Thanks. Not really a CTR fan. I'd go with an AR, or a bolt, but none of these pseudo tactical things.
Posted By: CRS Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/25/17
I would place a bet that more 6.5 Creed rounds have been fired downrange in the last 10 years, than the 35 Whelen in its history. cool

I am just waiting for the right Creed hunting rifle to go with my Bergara HMR long range plinker. I have not found one yet, but hoping FN will come out with a Model 70 FWT.
Posted By: hillbill Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/25/17
I would bet in the last 3 years!
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/25/17
Merry Christmas
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/26/17
I'll admit I learned a few things over the holidays, but some of you guys are wayyyy off base.

I am not try trying to offend anybody who posted on this thread and some of the misunderstanding could be the way I explained things. Let me try again

First. Jobbibee's Tuna Pie is not a code word for 35W. Just wanted to clear that up as it may be adding to the confusion

Second. I am not talking about tuna pies in general. I specifically mentioned Jobbibee's Tuna Pie. You guys are all acting like I am talking about Banquet Chicken Pot Pie or Marie Calendar Turkey Pot Pie. These are available in the freezer section everyday, just like 30-06 or a 35W are available at the Holiday Superstation. Next time any of you are at the grocery store take a look in the freezer section and see if you can find Jobbibee's Tuna Pie , If there are not any, then go ask the manager why and I am sure he'll tell you that it was a fad and nobody buys it any more.
This is my point. It does not matter that people ate more Jobbibee's Tuna Pie than they did Marie Calendar pot pies over the last 10 years. Nobody eats Jobbibee's Tuna Pie now!

Now I did say I learned something over the holidays so here it is.

I went to the in laws for Christmas dinner and my wife's cousin's husband, Gary, works at the Bear Track hardware store in Harve. I was talking to Gary about the 6.5 CM and I flat out asked him if he thinks they'll keep ordering those bullets and he said yes. I was very surprised by his answer and when I said I think it is a fad. Gary went on to say that some women like that caliber because it does not kick as much as a 270 so expects more of the younger girls to buy the 6.5CM over a 270 for their first rifle. Needless to say I had to eat a little crow on this as I did not think of this, but I will say when my daughter gets old enough for a rifle, she is getting a 270 just like her Mom and someday when I have a grand daughter she's going to shoot a 270 also. I just cannot see how the CM is enough gun for the hunting we do here.

Sorry if I got this thread a little off track, but I felt like I needed to clear things up.

--Bob
Posted By: Sycamore Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/26/17
Mr Bersh,

And I thought 'Flave had disappeared!
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/26/17
Stopped by the local gun store today. He had two 6.5 CM in stock (neither of which I was interested), and a decent selection of ammo. I'm confident enough in my manhood that I'm not afraid to admit that a mild shooting laser with some pretty good thump for the size sounds like a good thing for my aging shoulder. The fact that my 10 yr. old son, daughters, and wife can also shoot it comfortably is a plus in my book.

I've had two potential deals slip by, but still looking for the right deal. This is a rifle that I want, don't need, so I'm being a bit selective but have a feeling the right deal is out there.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/27/17
I'll admit I learned a few things over the holidays, but some of you guys are wayyyy off base.

I am not try trying to offend anybody who posted on this thread and some of the misunderstanding could be the way I explained things. Let me try again

First. Jobbibee's Tuna Pie is not a code word for 35W. Just wanted to clear that up as it may be adding to the confusion

Second. I am not talking about tuna pies in general. I specifically mentioned Jobbibee's Tuna Pie. You guys are all acting like I am talking about Banquet Chicken Pot Pie or Marie Calendar Turkey Pot Pie. These are available in the freezer section everyday, just like 30-06 or a 35W are available at the Holiday Superstation. Next time any of you are at the grocery store take a look in the freezer section and see if you can find Jobbibee's Tuna Pie , If there are not any, then go ask the manager why and I am sure he'll tell you that it was a fad and nobody buys it any more.
This is my point. It does not matter that people ate more Jobbibee's Tuna Pie than they did Marie Calendar pot pies over the last 10 years. Nobody eats Jobbibee's Tuna Pie now!

Now I did say I learned something over the holidays so here it is.

I went to the in laws for Christmas dinner and my wife's cousin's husband, Gary, works at the Bear Track hardware store in Harve. I was talking to Gary about the 6.5 CM and I flat out asked him if he thinks they'll keep ordering those bullets and he said yes. I was very surprised by his answer and when I said I think it is a fad. Gary went on to say that some women like that caliber because it does not kick as much as a 270 so expects more of the younger girls to buy the 6.5CM over a 270 for their first rifle. Needless to say I had to eat a little crow on this as I did not think of this, but I will say when my daughter gets old enough for a rifle, she is getting a 270 just like her Mom and someday when I have a grand daughter she's going to shoot a 270 also. I just cannot see how the CM is enough gun for the hunting we do here.

Sorry if I got this thread a little off track, but I felt like I needed to clear things up.

--Bob

You are still absolutely killing me.

But all those girly men shooting 6.5 Creed's think you're beyond compare.............
Posted By: CRS Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/27/17
BobLoblaw,

You are telling us that we don't get it? crazy

What the heck do Tuna pies and 35 W's have to do with a guy wanting a Creedmoor?

You're killing me smalls laugh
Posted By: BCJR Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/27/17
the tuna pie guy , classic campfire
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/28/17
I missed out on a deal on the perfect scope for the rifle I don't own yet, so now I'm inspired to bump again.
Posted By: tojohn Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/28/17
Yet another reason to go with Encore 460 - it comes with a peep site! Everybody knows that a scope is just a place for snow, rain, and fog to collect, preventing you from taking the shot of a lifetime. Scope mounts, rings, and the scope itself are also prone to coming loose on their own or can be damaged when you knock your rifle over, and then the rifle that you just spent hundreds on suddenly stops shooting cloverleaves for no good reason.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/28/17
I do not want to get this thread off track, but I was very very wrong about something and I need to own up to it.

I was over at my uncle's house watching cable TV and we were talking about 6.5CM and how frustrating it is that a lot of people do not understand that they are just a fad. I knew he'd understand about fads as he was practically addicted to the Jollibee's Tuna Pie. According to my uncle, and here is where I made the huge mistake. Stores did not stop stocking Jollibee's Tuna Pie because nobody was buying them. What happens is they only make Jollibee's Tuna Pie around February. Some religions do not eat meat around Easter, so they eat fish and that is when Jollibee's Tuna Pie are big sellers. After Easter they stop production of Jollibee's Tuna Pie because those people can eat meat again. So it was a really bad example and I guess some of you thought I was saying that the 6.5CM would be made at only certain times of the year. That is not what I meant.

My uncle said if Bersh is into weird calibers he knows a guy up in Saint Marie that has a 6.5 Jap for sale. He said it may not be called Jap anymore on the Internet because it is not politically correct and he thinks it's called something else now. He said he can get pics if Bersh wants it.
Posted By: muffinman Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/28/17

UH NO. This thread is just a fun exercise.

The OP has been lead to the trough but is not really thirsty.

There are 100s of rifles for sale that meet his criteria all over the net. Folks here had tried to help with zero results.

Four stainless on GB alone <$1000 (EXACTLY what match his criteria)

Perhaps he can explain why they are unsatisfactory ?????? whistle
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/28/17
Well played Bob.

https://www.spot.ph/eatdrink/the-latest-eat-drink/69158/jollibee-tuna-pie-a1554-20170201

Two things that smell like tuna ... This thread may be one if them.
Originally Posted by muffinman

UH NO. This thread is just a fun exercise.

The OP has been lead to the trough but is not really thirsty.

There are 100s of rifles for sale that meet his criteria all over the net. Folks here had tried to help with zero results.

Four stainless on GB alone <$1000 (EXACTLY what match his criteria)

Perhaps he can explain why they are unsatisfactory ?????? whistle

UH, YEAH. I'm looking to buy a rifle. Let's see, I missed out on a deal because I was coaching hockey, I've had a couple custom rigs offered that were well out of my price range, I had a link to a Tikka that has me curious, I had a few that weren't stainless offered, had a Browning (which I'm a huge fan of) that has me curious but isn't really what I want, and I probably have those four (and others) from Gunbroker on my watch list.

Like I stated earlier, I don't need this rifle. I have other rifles that do similar or more. I am curious so I'm looking for a good or better deal on a stainless rifle. I'm not ruling out an Encore barrel, but nobody has them in stock and I don't want to pay the extra $ for an MGM or other custom barrel.

Go find another thread to provide useless banter to.

Thanks for the bump though, appreciate that.
AKwolverine, Perhaps, but one tastes far better after a 10 mile run in 100 degree, 100 % humidity in a lacy thong !

[Linked Image]
Hmmmm, just curious ----- just what is a "good or better" deal ?

The BIN, shipped, on this Browning, which meets all your criteria is $985. That's 13.5% off msrp. Seems like a good deal.

[Linked Image]

Hardly "useless banter" just curious what you really want ?

If I didn't already own 4 6.5s I would buy it.
Posted By: Joel6180 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/28/17
I have had an Aero AR10 in 6.5 Creedmoor for about 6 months - still unfired. But yesterday I bought some ammo, and put a scope on it today. I'm going to shoot it this afternoon. Anything to get my mind off tuna pie. I just can't imagine eating a tuna pie. This thread has been plenty entertaining, and it got me off my ass to shoot the gun I should be trying to sell to the OP. I get the idea it may be out of his price range.
Take some cans of tuna to the range. Exploding targets that smell sooooo good !
Hmmmm, just curious ----- just what is a "good or better" deal ?

The BIN, shipped, on this Browning, which meets all your criteria is $985. That's 13.5% off msrp. Seems like a good deal.

[Linked Image]

Hardly "useless banter" just curious what you really want ?

If I didn't already own 4 6.5s I would buy it.

I have that one on my watch list. I stated earlier that I'm trying to keep it under $1k. Honestly, in looking at other hunting expenses coming in the near future (need a 2 dog gps/ecollar system), I'm really trying to keep it $600ish. That Tikka @$650 is pretty tempting, but then again so are a few of the Savages that pop up - I missed out on a damn good deal on GB last week.

I'm not in a hurry, we're in the middle of winter in the U.P. so I won't be shooting until spring. If it takes me another month or two to get a screaming deal, so be it.
The screaming deal was the tikka t3x SL for under $600 at Sportsmans last week ... But I know you don't have one in the UP and they wont ship. Your huckleberry is STILL the tikka 6.5 from Whittakers...
... And some Jollibee's Tuna Pie from your pal Bob (Travis?) LOBLAW ...
Posted By: CRS Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/28/17
So the 6.5 Creed is just a fad, got it.

What is the 35 W? A niche round that has a very small, but loyal following. I do not think that it was ever a fad. Just an economical way to have a bigger bore without the expense back in the day.

6.5x55 way too many variations in chambers, twists and brass. Not mention anemic load data, with all over the place pressures.
260 rem, twisted wrong
Jap what?

Maybe the Creed is just a fad, but methinks it will last awhile.

Tell me again what tuna pies have to do with shooting?

And just maybe the original poster does not want 6.5 Creed. Maybe he wants a 6.5 prc or 6mm creed? laugh
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/28/17
Originally Posted by CRS

What is the 35 W? A niche round that has a very small, but loyal following. I do not think that it was ever a fad. Just an economical way to have a bigger bore without the expense back in the day.

6.5x55 way too many variations in chambers, twists and brass. Not mention anemic load data, with all over the place pressures.
260 rem, twisted wrong
Jap what?

And just maybe the original poster does not want 6.5 Creed. Maybe he wants a 6.5 prc or 6mm creed? laugh

I already apologized for the misinformation about the tuna pies
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/29/17
Originally Posted by CRS

260 rem, twisted wrong
Jap what?

The 6.5 Grendel has had me curious for a while, but that's just a matter of buying or building an upper, and is on my list.
Posted By: CRS Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/29/17
Originally Posted by CRS

260 rem, twisted wrong
Jap what?

I already apologized for the misinformation about the tuna pies

BobLoblaw,
Just having some fun. Guns, shooting, hunting is ALL fun. smile

I respectfully disagree with your fad metality, but I am not going to get all butthurt over it. crazy
Time will tell if it is just a fad or not.
Posted By: Kota Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/29/17
Wish I would have read this thread 6 weeks ago, before I traded my 35 Whelen for a new 6mm Creed.(not really) wink
Posted By: muffinman Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/29/17
Pass the

Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn

this thread will be good for 100s more post with -------- no rifle purchased !
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/29/17
Pass the

Again, thanks for the bump.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/29/17
Pass the

It is a good thing that Mr. Bersh has not bought a 6.5CM, because one day your are just going to put a new barrel on it and make it into a caliber that is useful . If these CM are so popular why can't you not get a 6.5CM in a pump or lever action?
Posted By: Joel6180 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/29/17
I'm gonna have me a tuna pie, and wait for the responses......
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/29/17
I have a friend that has a Weatherby vanguard in 6.5 Creedmoor. It is the cerakote version with a camouflage stock and he installed a timney trigger. He's asking $650 if you're interested.
Posted By: Jonnymac Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/29/17
Is your name actually Bob Loblaw or are you just a fan of Scott Baio?

Posted By: SKane Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/30/17

It is a good thing that Mr. Bersh has not bought a 6.5CM, because one day your are just going to put a new barrel on it and make it into a caliber that is useful . If these CM are so popular why can't you not get a 6.5CM in a pump or lever action?

Tis a shame you can't let this one go. And we're all happy to hear you found a chump for your jammomatic.
Only recently did Remington chamber the 700 in 6.5 Creedmoor, I'd expect a 7600 in the mix shortly.
Posted By: Jonnymac Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/30/17
I'm actually kind of surprised Browning hasn't chambered it in the BLR. They've been producing bolt actions chambered in 6.5 creedmoor since the end of the A-Bolt II's
Posted By: Mac284338 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/30/17
Time to drop this?
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/30/17
Originally Posted by Mac284338
Time to drop this?

Drop what?
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/30/17
Originally Posted by Mac284338
Time to drop this?

Drop what?

You hang in there bersh--I'm rooting for ya!...........

smile
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/30/17
There is one on Gun Broker
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/732774269
Jonnymac
Yes our names are the same
Posted By: CRS Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/30/17
Pass the

I think that cartridge would work wonderfully in a BLR or 7600. 160gr RN would be your huckleberry.
Posted By: muffinman Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/30/17
I'm converting my "3 way switch" M-14 to 6.5 CM !

That would be a handful on the pew pew pew mode, but sounds fun.

A few things to consider. First,I think that might be a costly conversion for a bunch of reasons. For starters you'd need a new barrel and I also think you'd have a problem getting those tiny bullets to feed correctly. These two things mentioned are just the tip of the iceberg
My guess is that your M-14 is currently chambered in a .308 which is an excellent caliber. You may have better luck spending your money on different brands of bullets until you find one that shoots great out of your rifle.
Hope this helps
Posted By: muffinman Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/30/17
Less handful than in 308.

6.5 CM in M-14 ? Nope, my M-1 in 6.5-06 works just fine.

Cost ? No pockets in a shroud !
Posted By: tojohn Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/30/17
You could always just go with a 6.8LC, AKA 6.8mm Long Creedmore, AKA 270 Winchester. There are literally dozens of 270 rifles on here for <$500, and the ammo availability may even be better than all of the .45 Schofield/45Colt/454/460 options combined. You can definitely find 270 ammo more often than 35W or tuna pies at northern Michigan gas stations.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/30/17
I think what bersh really wants is a 6.5 pasty...
I think what bersh really wants is a 6.5 pasty...

Now we're talking. None of that stinkin gravy either.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/30/17
Nope!
Give me a Jean Kay and about a half a bottle of ketchup; hold the gravy - please and thank you.

Bump for Bob's 35 Whelenpie ...
Posted By: gbp Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/30/17
this seems to be a perpetual thread with no end
Posted By: CRS Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/30/17
You can buy an M1A in Creedmoor.
Originally Posted by CRS
You can buy an M1A in Creedmoor.

Wow, that is one cool looking gun. Something you would expect to see in a Star Wars movie. I'll admit I do not know much about those type of guns. When I was growing up everyone on my family had Remingtons. Then my Dad got a job and bought a Weatherby
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/31/17

If bersh ever buys a 6.5 Creed ol' Boblaw is going to be one lost puppy.............
Bob reminds me of someone..........milk drinking sandbagger.

MM
Posted By: Diablero Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/31/17
It's a shame grown ass men act this way... The horse is dead.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/31/17
Originally Posted by Diablero
It's a shame grown ass men act this way... The horse is dead.

I am very sorry to hear about your horse. My grandma used to say a bad plow horse is better than a good whiskey drinkn' women. But we should really try and keep this thread on track. May I suggest you post about your late horse in the forums under "horses and ATV's" and we can continue to mourning over there
Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Diablero Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/31/17
Bob Blowballs,

Yea and grandma use to say why beat a dead horse.....
Posted By: Joel6180 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/31/17
Beating a dead horse makes the meat tender, for a dead horse pie. When tuna pies are not in season.
Posted By: muffinman Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/31/17
dollar to a dime ---- OP never buys a 6.5 CM.
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/31/17
dollar to a dime ---- OP never buys a 6.5 CM.

Care to make it interesting? I'm not sure why you"re convinced I'm not going to buy.
Posted By: tojohn Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/31/17
I'm in for 50
Posted By: tojohn Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/31/17
But I still win if he gets something that works in a 460
Posted By: Joel6180 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 12/31/17
I think he would buy, if the gun is exactly what he is looking for, and priced at 1/2 value.
Originally Posted by Joel6180
I think he would buy, if the gun is exactly what he is looking for, and priced at 1/2 value.

That would be nice, doesn't seem like too much to ask.
If anyone cares, I'm officially on the waiting list for a 6.5 CM barrel for my Encore. Still curious to see if a deal pops up here, but much to the dismay of muffinman, I will be spending some money, though I guess I technically didn't buy a rifle. I'd like to thank Bob for keeping it interesting.
Posted By: muffinman Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/01/18
There will be no deal.
There will be no purchase.
Poor man has nothing better to do than waste bandwidth.
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/01/18
There will be no deal.

WTF are you talking about? Put up or shut up, whatever you want to bet I'm in. The [bleep] barrel is ordered.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/01/18
Before you make any bets, please consider that T/C Encore makes that barrel in 35 Whelen
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/01/18
Before you make any bets, please consider that T/C Encore makes that barrel in 35 Whelen

OK, you've had your fun, now stop trolling 'cause you ain't funny anymore.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/01/18
There will be no deal.

Actually I think bersh is serious. After a while a guy can figure who is and who isn't............
Posted By: khough Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/01/18
Congrats Bersh on ordering your TC Encore 6.5 Creedmoor barrel! I think you'll be very happy with this caliber and how it performs with factory ammo and even better performance if your reload for it.
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/02/18
Originally Posted by khough
Congrats Bersh on ordering your TC Encore 6.5 Creedmoor barrel! I think you'll be very happy with this caliber and how it performs with factory ammo and even better performance if your reload for it.

Thanks, will see how it goes. TC barrels are a bit hit or miss, but if nothing else it will be a good proof of concept for me to decide if I'm going to spend more on a rifle, or even a custom barrel for the encore.
Posted By: CRS Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/03/18

You STILL have not figured out that he WANTS a 6.5 Creedmoor! confused

"You're killing me Smalls" laugh
Posted By: hanco Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/03/18
I have three, guess I could donate one
Posted By: CJC73 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/03/18
Originally Posted by hanco

Well, if you're donating one.... i'll take it ! laugh laugh
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/03/18
Originally Posted by hanco

If you have three, you can certainly spare a stainless for 50% value.
Posted By: Kota Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/03/18
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain

MM

That's what I'm thinkin' too
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/03/18
Originally Posted by Kota

MM

I'm not sure who the "milk drinking sandbagger" is, but I do know the latest handle for Larry Root, if that matters.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/04/18

MM

I'm not sure who the "milk drinking sandbagger" is, but I do know the latest handle for Larry Root, if that matters.

What is it?
Posted By: Joel6180 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/04/18
Tunapie
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/04/18
Tunapie

Actually, I was wondering why muffinman was giving me so much crap for no reason, and in the back of my mind I knew we had communicated recently. He PM'd me regarding a WTB scope post. He had a scope he was selling, and provided an email address. I sent an email, asking for pics and more info. I was blown away when the reply came from lawrence root. Of course he backed out of the deal, but knowing who it was I wouldn't have gone through with a deal anyway.

So, for all of those reading, muffinman is Larry Root. Deal with care.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/04/18
Tunapie

Actually, I was wondering why muffinman was giving me so much crap for no reason, and in the back of my mind I knew we had communicated recently. He PM'd me regarding a WTB scope post. He had a scope he was selling, and provided an email address. I sent an email, asking for pics and more info. I was blown away when the reply came from lawrence root. Of course he backed out of the deal, but knowing who it was I wouldn't have gone through with a deal anyway.

So, for all of those reading, muffinman is Larry Root. Deal with care.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm gonna go have some fun.........
Posted By: Fotis Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/04/18
Mr Bersh,

I think I understand.
6.5CM = 35W
Got it.

Since when is the 38 and 357 interchangeable? WTH?
Originally Posted by Fotis
Mr Bersh,

I think I understand.
6.5CM = 35W
Got it.

You can shoot 38 special in a 357.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/04/18
Since FOREVER!
Originally Posted by Fotis
Mr Bersh,

I think I understand.
6.5CM = 35W
Got it.

You can shoot 38 special in a 357.

I suppose technically, they aren't interchangeable, as you can't shoot 357 in a 38.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/04/18
Here is definitive proof of the 6.5CM fad.

Admittedly, the Jollibee Tuna Pie example was not correct and I've taken a lot of heat for that. I am not going to say who gave me crap. But those who did it know their blame, and I’m sure that the guilt you feel is far worse than any punishment you might receive.

This article here is the best proof on the Internet that 6.5CM is just another fad.
http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=676878

After first I was trying to stop Bersh form wasting his money, but then it occurred to me that he'll be able to re barrel to a better caliber someday once this craze passes. So if he needs to get the 6.5CM out if his system I will no longer stand in his way.

Admittedly, the Jollibee Tuna Pie example was not correct and I've taken a lot of heat for that. I am not going to say who gave me crap. But those who did it know their blame, and I’m sure that the guilt you feel is far worse than any punishment you might receive.

This article here is the best proof on the Internet that 6.5CM is just another fad.

After first I was trying to stop Bersh form wasting his money, but then it occurred to me that he'll be able to re barrel to a better caliber someday once this craze passes. So if he needs to get the 6.5CM out if his system I will no longer stand in his way.

I've seen that thread - funny [bleep] right there
Posted By: postoak Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/04/18
We need a Larry Root sticky.
Posted By: CRS Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/04/18

I have seen that thread also, what a riot.

Bob,
Your argument might have some merit, IF you were not advocating a 35 WHELEN to replace it. A 243, 257 Roberts, 6.5x55, 7mm-08, 7x57 etc.

It is kind like telling me that I should have the 48oz steak challenge for a T-shirt when I walk into a steakhouse, when all I want is 8 oz sirloin. You could probably talk me into a 12 oz ribeye, or prime rib.........but crazy

Besides a 338-06 or 9.2x62 is a much better choice over the Whelen. cool
Posted By: MAH1977 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/05/18
I'd say based upon how little the 35 Whelen is used now it was a fad.
Posted By: CRS Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/05/18
I'd say based upon how little the 35 Whelen is used now it was a fad.

I would say a niche cartridge with a very loyal following. Developed as a cheap way to a big bore, in an era when true big bores were cost prohibitive to acquire for the normal guy.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/05/18
Originally Posted by CRS
[quote=Bob_Loblaw]Here is definitive proof of the 6.5CM fad.

Bob,
Your argument might have some merit, IF you were not advocating a 35 WHELEN to replace it. A 243, 257 Roberts, 6.5x55, 7mm-08, 7x57 etc.

It is kind like telling me that I should have the 48oz steak challenge for a T-shirt when I walk into a steakhouse, when all I want is 8 oz sirloin. You could probably talk me into a 12 oz ribeye, or prime rib.........but crazy

I do not want to get this thread off track, so I'll keep this brief.

For starters, I used to work with a guy who's last name was Roberts and he was dumber than a box of rocks, so I will never consider anything called Roberts

Let's say you walk into a steak house wanting a 8 oz sirloin, but after listening to my advice you get the 48 oz steak challenge. After 59 minutes you are putting on your new t-shirt they are taking your picture that is going to be framed and hung on the wall. Chicks dig you and your name lives in infamy. Years later, every time your see me , you slap me on the back and thank me profusely because that one time you ate the big steak has changed your life forever.

That is all I am going for with Bersh.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/05/18
Originally Posted by CRS

Bob,

For starters, I used to work with a guy who's last name was Roberts and he was dumber than a box of rocks, so I will never consider anything called Roberts

Let's say you walk into a steak house wanting a 8 oz sirloin, but after listening to my advice you get the 48 oz steak challenge. After 59 minutes you are putting on your new t-shirt they are taking your picture that is going to be framed and hung on the wall. Chicks dig you and your name lives in infamy. Years later, every time your see me , you slap me on the back and thank me profusely because that one time you ate the big steak has changed your life forever.

I have heard of you! You're BIG Steak Bob!
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/05/18
Originally Posted by CRS

Bob,

Though I've been known to eat my fair share, and even got kicked out of a buffet one time, I'm not sure that will help me stumble on a deal on a rifle.
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/06/18
Originally Posted by postoak
We need a Larry Root sticky.

There basically is. The number of threads on this forum (and others) highlighting his antics are countless.
Posted By: CRS Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/06/18
ROTFLMAO laugh

Are you a life coach?

If I need to gorge myself on steak to change my life for the better, I have WAY bigger issues to deal with. crazy

Somebody mention tuna pie....could that possibly change my life forever? confused
Originally Posted by CRS
ROTFLMAO laugh

Are you a life coach?

If I need to gorge myself on steak to change my life for the better, I have WAY bigger issues to deal with. crazy

Somebody mention tuna pie....could that possibly change my life forever? confused

Depends on the Tuna, and the Pie.
Posted By: CRS Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/06/18
Originally Posted by CRS
ROTFLMAO laugh

Are you a life coach?

Depends on the Tuna, and the Pie.

You are correct!
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/06/18
I know at this point I am repeating myself, but I did not refer to any Tuna Pie I was specifically speaking of Jollibee Tuna Pie. I would like to politely ask any references to "Tuna Pie" in the future to please also include the brand Jollibee. I feel this will limit any bewilderment to readers of this post not only currently, but for years to come.
Thanks
Bob
Originally Posted by CRS
ROTFLMAO laugh
Are you a life coach?

Where's Matt Foley when you need him.
Posted By: Joel6180 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/06/18
I wish tuna-pie, muffin-top, and bersh would get over on my for sale ad. Maybe some commerce would actually take place.
I wish tuna-pie, muffin-top, and bersh would get over on my for sale ad. Maybe some commerce would actually take place.

What are you selling? The way this thread is going, put a link in to yours.

Even though I have an Encore barrel coming, I'm still kind of hoping someone will stumble on this thread and offer up a deal on a bolt action that I can't pass up.
Posted By: larrylee Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/06/18
Love my old swedemore! I like that swedemore :>)
Posted By: Barkoff Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/07/18
Originally Posted by ribka

If the performance is as good as advertised, why would it go away or be relegated as fad?
Posted By: Barkoff Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/07/18
Pass the

I'll take a stab at that, because the 6.5 is about long-range accuracy, and pumps and levers are not long range accurate?

So is this the guy everyone calls Larry Root?
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/07/18
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Pass the

I'll take a stab at that, because the 6.5 is about long-range accuracy, and pumps and levers are not long range accurate?

muffinman = Larry Root
Bob_Loblaw = Bob_Loblaw

Though the 6.5CM started life as an accurate long range round, over the years folks have figured out it works pretty damned well at other things as well. I have a feeling that the lack of love of the 6.5CM in lever and pumps is due to the general lack of love for levers and pumps in non-traditional lever/pump rounds. I imagine it's pretty spendy to ramp up production of a new round, and the bean counters probably tell them the ROI isn't there. Time will tell.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/10/18
Bob, you're a comedic genius! This is the funniest thread I've read in ages!
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/11/18
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Bob, you're a comedic genius! This is the funniest thread I've read in ages!

I would normally be a bit bummed if my thread got sidetracked. However, I too got a kick out of Bob's posts.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/11/18
Pass the

muffinman = Larry Root
Bob_Loblaw = Bob_Loblaw

Though the 6.5CM started life as an accurate long range round, over the years folks have figured out it works pretty damned well at other things as well. I have a feeling that the lack of love of the 6.5CM in lever and pumps is due to the general lack of love for levers and pumps in non-traditional lever/pump rounds. I imagine it's pretty spendy to ramp up production of a new round, and the bean counters probably tell them the ROI isn't there. Time will tell.

i've always thought of levers and pumps as brush guns. Not something I'd use a creedmoor for. I love the 6.5 creedmoor. I still use a encore 35 wheeler in the woods. Short and easy to handle
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Pass the

muffinman = Larry Root
Bob_Loblaw = Bob_Loblaw

i've always thought of levers and pumps as brush guns. Not something I'd use a creedmoor for. I love the 6.5 creedmoor. I still use a encore 35 wheeler in the woods. Short and easy to handle

I'd like to see a BLR in 338 Federal, but that is a different discussion.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/11/18

Good thinkin. You wouldn't want to sidetrack THIS thread.

Good thinkin. You wouldn't want to sidetrack THIS thread.

Yeah, I'd hate for that to happen.
Posted By: Rusky Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/11/18
You could move to Kalifornia and stay stoned as MJ is legal now. You'll forget all about the 6.5CM
Originally Posted by Rusky
You could move to Kalifornia and stay stoned as MJ is legal now. You'll forget all about the 6.5CM

File this comment under the WTF category.

Besides, haven't touched the stuff in 25 years and the only way I'd move to Kalifornia is in an urn.
Posted By: Joel6180 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/11/18
I wonder if a Tuna Pie would taste good if I was high?
I wonder if a Tuna Pie would taste good if I was high?

Dude - check this out
Fast Food Items for Stoners
Posted By: Joel6180 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/11/18
Looks like someone barfed in a "hot pocket" shell. Yum Yum
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/12/18
Hot pockets?

Alls I know about them is ,if you try to bite into one right out the microwave, the cheese WILL stick to your lip.
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/12/18
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Hot pockets?

Alls I know about them is ,if you try to bite into one right out the microwave, the cheese WILL stick to your lip.

Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/12/18
I was under the impression that Jollibee Tuna Pies would be an example that everyone on the 'Fire could relate to. Boy was I wrong. They are NOTHING like Hot Pockets. I do not want to offend anybody, but any comparison to Hot Pockets is utterly ridiculous. Couple that with the fact I can't stand to eat Hot Pockets and you'll get the picture. I think if people who made these comments would just go out and buy a box of Jollibee Tuna Pies you'd better understand what I am talking about. Recently, I talked with the manager at Albertsons and she was not sure when they will start to stock Jollibee Tuna Pies again but she said it should be pretty soon because it's that time of the year, and it is not because we smoke marijuana.

So everyone do yourself a favor and try a box. They are just not for Stoners.
Posted By: Mad_Max Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/12/18
Most of you guys need to pull the fish hooks out of your cheeks. Say the name "Bob_Loblaw" out loud. Now, say it three times in a row, out loud, with no pauses.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/12/18
Too busy eating tuna pie.
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/12/18
Too busy eating tuna pie.

I was too busy completing my order with Haus of Arms for the barrel. They're supposed to get them in next week so I should have it before the end of the month. Hurry up and wait other than putting a few down the tube in my back yard to break it in I really won't be able to shoot it for a while.
Posted By: CRS Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/12/18
I was under the impression that Jollibee Tuna Pies would be an example that everyone on the 'Fire could relate to. Boy was I wrong. They are NOTHING like Hot Pockets. I do not want to offend anybody, but any comparison to Hot Pockets is utterly ridiculous. Couple that with the fact I can't stand to eat Hot Pockets and you'll get the picture. I think if people who made these comments would just go out and buy a box of Jollibee Tuna Pies you'd better understand what I am talking about. Recently, I talked with the manager at Albertsons and she was not sure when they will start to stock Jollibee Tuna Pies again but she said it should be pretty soon because it's that time of the year, and it is not because we smoke marijuana.

So everyone do yourself a favor and try a box. They are just not for Stoners.

Are you a Jollibee Tuna Pie Sales Rep?
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/13/18

Is Deflavor still MIA?........
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/13/18

I was too busy completing my order with Haus of Arms for the barrel. They're supposed to get them in next week so I should have it before the end of the month. Hurry up and wait other than putting a few down the tube in my back yard to break it in I really won't be able to shoot it for a while.

Which barrel did you end up ordering 35W or 6.5CM?

I'm worried that it is the CM. I think the drum beat of Internet voices has distorted reality and created more drama than is necessary. For Instance the Jollibee Tuna Pie example was turned into a mockery and sidetracked my whole point. Since you have not received the barrel yet, I assume you can still cancel/change your order. If you go back and read the post again, only substitute the phrase "fidget spinner" in place of "Jollibee Tuna Pie" I think my point of the 6.5CM of being a fad will be better appreciated (a fidget spinner is a 3 sided handheld device with a bearing that cures ADHD, but never caught on because it really never grabbed peoples attention).

I really hope re reading of the thread with the phrase substitution clears things up for everyone.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/13/18

Seriously, has anybody seen Deflavor..........
Posted By: Rusky Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/13/18
I have, I think I was stoned.
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/17/18
Just got the shipping confirmation and tracking number for the barrel. Ammo, scope base, and rings also ordered, and a recent scope swap for more top end has me ready to hit the ground running. Too bad about the 4 ft. of snow preventing me from getting to the range.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/18/18
Words will never be able to begin to describe how disappointed I am
-- I'll just leave it at that.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/18/18
words have never failed ya before.......
Posted By: Jonnymac Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/18/18
Originally Posted by Mad_Max
Most of you guys need to pull the fish hooks out of your cheeks. Say the name "Bob_Loblaw" out loud. Now, say it three times in a row, out loud, with no pauses.

I tried to bring that up earlier in this thread with the clips from youtube. Bob Loblaw is one of the Bluth family defense attorneys in the show Arrested Development. He also has a law blog. The Bob Loblaw law blog.
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/18/18
Real or not, at the very least I found Bob's posts entertaining.
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/18/18
Originally Posted by Jonnymac
Originally Posted by Mad_Max

I tried to bring that up earlier in this thread with the clips from youtube. Bob Loblaw is one of the Bluth family defense attorneys in the show Arrested Development. He also has a law blog. The Bob Loblaw law blog.

What difference does his username make? It's not like the vast majority of us use our real names.
Posted By: tojohn Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/19/18
Huh, do you mean that people might not tell the whole truth, and nothing but the truth on the Internet?
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/19/18
Originally Posted by tojohn
Huh, do you mean that people might not tell the whole truth, and nothing but the truth on the Internet?

Ask muffinman
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/19/18
I am seriously distraught that my points were not taken seriously because of my name. If you'd like a little background on my expertise I'll give it to you.

I'm the asst. captain on my Monday night bowling team. I am the official scorer/handicapper for the entire men's bowling league and they just do not hand out that volunteer position to dummies. Ever since I started scoring and working with numbers I looked up ballistics and it proved to me something my family has known for years.

A man and wife only need 6 long guns.
The man needs a 35W, 22-250 and 12ga that shoots 3.5 inch shells
The woman needs a 270, .223 and a 20 ga that shoots 3 inch shells
You can pretty much hunt anything in the lower 48 with that combination. Anything else is a waste of money, period.

Last week I talked to a guy with a 6.5 Creedmore and he told me he made a shot at 1140 yards.
I was like wow, were you shooting at antelope? coyote?
"no" the man says. "I was shooting at a rock" My cousin and I damn near busted a gut laughing at him. So all you 6.5CM shooters, let me know if you want a recipe for Stone Soup!
Posted By: Kota Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/20/18
Clark? is that you? this is the best one yet. cool grin
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/26/18
I was planning to post a couple completed setup money shot pics, but scope mounting issues have delayed me a bit.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deserthunter1 Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/26/18
Pretty much
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/26/18

Just where is Deflavor?............
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/29/18
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Who's Deflavor?

If you mean deflave, he hasn't been on since November.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 01/29/18

Who's Deflavor?

alpinecrick is deflave's fanboy. Everybody on the 'fire has to have one......
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 02/02/18
If anyone cares. Looking forward to breaking it in and shooting some groups once the snow isn't balls deep.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 02/02/18

Who's Deflavor?

wink

Who's Deflavor?

wink

You do bring up a good point though - where has deflave been? As prolific as he was, to not be on since Nov. I hope everything is OK with him.
If anyone cares. Looking forward to breaking it in and shooting some groups once the snow isn't balls deep.
[Linked Image]

Yes, that is a Michigan Elk for those curious or who have asked.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 11/28/18
Digging this one up, love the way the round shoots out of the encore, but curious to see what I can find for a stainless bolt.
Posted By: Bob_Loblaw Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 11/28/18
I have a Remington 750 Carbine in 35 Whelen for sale. It's not stainless or a bolt, but I thought I'd throw it out there for your consideration. You could kreacote the barrel silver if you like
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 11/28/18
I have a Remington 750 Carbine in 35 Whelen for sale. It's not stainless or a bolt, but I thought I'd throw it out there for your consideration. You could kreacote the barrel silver if you like

As before, not interested, but thanks for the offer.
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 11/29/18
I'm pretty sure I should just start a new thread, but this thread turned into a classic so going to stick with it for now.

To summarize, I'm looking for a stainless bolt action 6.5 Creedmoor. Not looking to break the bank, or for a custom rig, or for a 35 Whelen, 460, or 270. I have a 6.5 CM barrel for my encore that is a tack driver, but looking for another. Thanks.
Posted By: bersh Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 11/30/18
last try with this thread
Posted By: tedthorn Re: WTB - 6.5 Creedmoor - 11/30/18
I have a 6.5 Predator but sadly.....its not stainless
© 24hourcampfire