From their ad it only looks like it’s 10% off on Firearms

https://imgur.com/gallery/yg6jy

In store only thru today with discount and rebate $274.58

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw
I'm just spitballing here.
I know that this is not exactly what your post is for, but have you considered a 35 Whelen? The reason I bring this up is the 6.5CM is somewhat of a fad, but the 35W has stood the test of time and will still be a popular round when the newfangled gun crowd moves on to the next "hot" caliber. Also, I just happen to have a Remington 750 Carbine in 35W that I would be willing to part with for $995.00 which is under your stated budget and this gun will surely become a family heirloom unlike the 6.5CM which your grand kids will never shoot because they will not be able to find ammo.

[Linked Image]

Bump for bersh.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by farmer
Originally Posted by Boonechaser
From their ad it only looks like it’s 10% off on Firearms

https://imgur.com/gallery/yg6jy

In store only thru today with discount and rebate $274.58

I’m assuming at that price it’s an Axis? Cabelas has them on sale for $279 not including a $100 mail in rebate. So if the point is buying the cheapest 6.5 cm, can’t beat one for $179

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
model 10 and no point to it just saying what it is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got a Vanguard S2 I've been trying to sell for a while. New unfired with a Warne picatinny rail installed. Was planning on swapping out stocks but bought a Fieldcraft instead.

It's not stainless though so probably not what you're looking for. Still closer than what blah blah blah offered.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Mr Bersh,
I would like to share with you another observation while you are considering a 35W rather than a 6.5CM.

Last night I stopped at a Holiday Superstation to get some gas and groceries and to get my wife's Christmas present. When I was in the aisle that sold ammo I could not help but notice that the spot on the shelf where the 6.5CM ammo would have been was completely empty, but there were 13 boxes of 35W. I asked the person working if they had any 6.5CM in back she checked and said no. She also went on to say "we will not be getting any anytime soon". My best guess would be that the person that does the ammo ordering for the store has realized that the furor for this caliber is trending down and does not want to get stuck with a bunch of boxes collecting dust for years. Eventually, this round is going to be getting harder and harder to find.

I do not know how to post pictures like that bald guy did for you to bump this thread, but if you PM me your cell number I could send you pictures of the 750 Remington Carbine I have for sale and your could treat yourself to a beautiful rifle for Christmas.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not wanting to get anything going with Bob Loblaw nor disrespect the 35 Whelen which is a good caliber, but the 6.5 Creedmoor was most likely sold out due to the high demand for it and the person doing the ordering probably couldn't get any in the store from their supplier in time for the hunting season. Looking at the online sellers like MidwayUSA, Graf and Sons, MidSouth Shooters Supply, and several others, it is hit and miss on who has this or that currently in stock right now. Right now is just after most states rifle season. The 6.5 Creedmoor isn't going away anytime soon. It is a 1000+ yard cartridge, low recoil, accurate shooting round, and a variety of rifle makers are putting out 6.5 Creedmoor rifles below $500. For a lot of shooters out there who can't afford the $2500+ 1000 yard custom rifle in both this caliber and other long distance calibers, the 6.5 Creedmoor offers those shooters an affordable 1000+ yard rifle. Only time will tell if and when the 6.5 Creedmoor will die out, but it will be quite a while before it does in both the hunting and match shooting communities.

-----Life's too short to hunt with an ugly rifle or shotgun.-----
-----NRA Lifetime Endowment Member-----
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bersh
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Was a heck of a deal.
What about a tikka?

Would be interested in more info.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...kka-t3x-lite-6-5-creedmoors#Post12158083

Good place to start and good place to obtain one ...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The fact that a Holiday gas station carries ammo, and especially something as commercially obscure as 35 Whelen, tells me your part of the world is still alright.

Eat moose, burn spruce
bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Was a heck of a deal.
What about a tikka?

Would be interested in more info.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...kka-t3x-lite-6-5-creedmoors#Post12158083

Good place to start and good place to obtain one ...

Those are long gone, but thanks.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-1707201610258

As of today, they have 11 in stock. Check the above (current) link.

You won't find a better shop to deal with.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-1707201610258

As of today, they have 11 in stock. Check the above (current) link.

You won't find a better shop to deal with.

Amen brother - look no further.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 12/17/17.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Mr Bersh,
I would like to share with you another observation while you are considering a 35W rather than a 6.5CM.

Last night I stopped at a Holiday Superstation to get some gas and groceries and to get my wife's Christmas present. When I was in the aisle that sold ammo I could not help but notice that the spot on the shelf where the 6.5CM ammo would have been was completely empty, but there were 13 boxes of 35W. I asked the person working if they had any 6.5CM in back she checked and said no. She also went on to say "we will not be getting any anytime soon". My best guess would be that the person that does the ammo ordering for the store has realized that the furor for this caliber is trending down and does not want to get stuck with a bunch of boxes collecting dust for years. Eventually, this round is going to be getting harder and harder to find.

I do not know how to post pictures like that bald guy did for you to bump this thread, but if you PM me your cell number I could send you pictures of the 750 Remington Carbine I have for sale and your could treat yourself to a beautiful rifle for Christmas.

Is this a joke? If not, I have $500, which I know is not what you're looking to sell your 750 Carbine for, but $500 will always be a good amount and $995 is a fad and will be gone very soon. . .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a browning xbolt Long Range Stalker like this one that has been cerakote burnt bronze and is proven on deer, antelope and elk. I would take 850 Shipped.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Browning-X-Bolt-Stalker-Long-Range-Bolt-Action-Rifles/2278547.uts

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you're alright with Cerakote instead of stainless the Howa Alpines are nice. Just saw this one listed. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...389/gonew/1/howa-alpine-6-5-creed#UNREAD

I have no connection to the seller. I've got one in 7MM-08 and I really like the high tech specialties stock.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MAH1977
Mr Bersh,

Is this a joke? If not, I have $500, which I know is not what you're looking to sell your 750 Carbine for, but $500 will always be a good amount and $995 is a fad and will be gone very soon. . .

Thank you for your interest, but the 750 Carbine has been sold. I'll let you know if something happens

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve got a Tikka T3X Superlite I’d sell ya, only a month old. PM me if your interested.

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Mr Bersh,

Thank you for your interest, but the 750 Carbine has been sold. I'll let you know if something happens

That sounded like a nice rig.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Mr Bersh,

That sounded like a nice rig.

Mr Bersh,
I am sorry you did not get my 750 Carbine 35W another person pm me and we made a deal. If you have changed your mind about the 6.5 CM and want a Carbine I found this one on Gun Broker. It's not mine, but my cousin has one almost like it and he loves it. My cousin has cable tv and is able to watch all the hunting show so I trust him.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/717372324
and you'll not have to worry about finding ammo for a 270, it has been around a long time.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
That might be the heaviest factory rifle I've ever had in my hands. powdr

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,197 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,086
Posts18,521,894
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.