Home
Posted By: BuckMt 35 rem Marlin Royal Canadian - 07/05/18
Looking to sell 35 Rem Royal Canadian, very nice shape lightly hunted, never scoped. This is a Real Royal Canadian...only 270 made in 35 Rem. Can someone tell me a Fair & Honest starting point?? TY BuckMt.
Years back they were worth a couple hundred more than their standard models.
Pics do wonders for selling special/odd firearms.
I will post photos in a few days.....I did receive two emails (not on this site) about the 336 Canadian, both said " really not that common.... one said rare"....Can't wait to see what responses I get...šŸ‘
I am far from an expert but I donā€™t think you have the winning lottery ticket. The commemorative collectors typically want new in box, unfired. I would guess that used with no box it will bring around $500 maybe $600. It will be interesting to see what it brings.
Can't wait to see this gem.

What year was it made?
Hello update, I can not for some reason upload photosšŸ˜  please PM me, and I will send pics ....TY
Originally Posted by BuckMt
Hello update, I can not for some reason upload photosšŸ˜  please PM me, and I will send pics ....TY
Funny chit..
Is it the straight stock Texan version or the pistol grip version?
According to Brophy's seminal work, the 336C/35 Rem. Royal Marlin Canadian was manufactured from 1962 - 1963. 270 were made. The differences between the Royal Canadians and the standard Marlins are the barrel roll-stamp , high-grade wood, swivels, slings and dovetail type front sights as opposed to ramp. Some had Monte Carlo stocks.

The Royal Canadians were produced to expand the Canadian market. I have never seen one offered so I have no idea what an appropriate price would be. I suggest asking the experts at the Marlin Owners site.

T.S.
Iā€™ll offer $432

PM me with payment details
Only 4 entries???? If for real I would be interested.
Posted By: DMc Re: 35 rem Marlin Royal Canadian - 10/26/18
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Thank you to DMc for posting pics.....if anyone is interested PM me, yes it is for sale....and thanks for the offer and info.
WHAT IS THE PRICE???
I will let her go for $1000.00 ....did a lot of research in the last month..... millions of Marlins made, very few of these.Thank You for your knowledge and help.
My opinion is that once you fire a limited edition it becomes of the same value as the standard edition
Hi HT, this weapon is Not A Limited Edition.....these firearms were the "First Run" of Many More that were going to be sold in Canada......they were Rejected by the Canadian Government....Because of the roll mark.."Royal Canadian"..
336A .35 REM waffle tops arenā€™t even bringing close to $1,000, and your Canada model is nowhere close to the value of a 336A .35 REM waffle top.

The only 336 Marlins that go over $1,000 are Marauders and 336A DL .35 REM with Bishop wood.

Your Canada is not in that class Iā€™m sorry to tell you.

Your gun is worth $500 tops.

Plus, you didnā€™t even answer my specific questions pertaining to this gun in a PM, which you requested, when you came back on to make your last two posts.

My red flag just went up the mast on this deal.

Will you let my FFL be the escrow agent for this gun and grant a 3 day view, since you are new with zero selling history here and hardly any posts?
It looks like a regular 336RC with the roll mark & sling to me, and it may be refinished since none of my older Marlins have a glossy finish. Unless there's some unique carving on the stock that isn't shown I'm not seeing the value claimed either.
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
336A .35 REM waffle tops arenā€™t even bringing close to $1,000, and your Canada model is nowhere close to the value of a 336A .35 REM waffle top.

The only 336 Marlins that go over $1,000 are Marauders and 336A DL .35 REM with Bishop wood.

Plus, you didnā€™t even answer my specific questions pertaining to this gun in a PM, which you requested, when you came back on to make your last two posts.

Will you let my FFL be the escrow agent for this gun and grant a 3 day view, since you are new with zero selling history here and hardly any posts?

Why the "F" are you pissing on this guys offering. If you aren't going to buy it STFU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We ALL started with one post.
Posted By: Jahrs Re: 35 rem Marlin Royal Canadian - 10/27/18
Thereā€™s no reason for the OP to not answer specific questions. Everyone has a right to be leery of new members That are selling. References should be provided
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Why the "F" are you pissing on this guys offering.

Originally Posted by BuckMt
Can someone tell me a Fair & Honest starting point?? TY BuckMt.

Longbeardking, you obviously have serious reading comprehension difficulties. I was answering the OPā€™s request for ā€œa Fair & Honest starting pointā€ with FACTS to support my reply.

If you aren't going to buy it STFU

Did you see where I requested a FFL to act as escrow? Unless you are going to buy this rifle and gift it to me, Iā€™d suggest you get the hell out of my business dealings.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We ALL started with one post.

And all sellers with ONE posting have to prove themselves on any forum until they have a history, which means accommodating the buyer, so they are protected.

I like your signature quote of Plato, where he describes a fool. He must have been talking about you.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something." ā€“ Plato

Lastly, you can remove that Deuteronomy scripture from your signature too, sense you have proven yourself here to be a fake Christian by sticking your nose where it doesnā€™t belong, and cussing me.

Now go piss off clown.
Posted By: Jahrs Re: 35 rem Marlin Royal Canadian - 10/28/18
Iā€™m pretty sure that the bullseye looks to have been replaced which is not a big deal. Iā€™ve replaced a handful or more and they arenā€™t difficult. But this one actually looks to be too far forward than the factory location. I know that the rear sling swivel post was installed too far forward.
What say you other Levergun lovers? A better pic of the bottom of the rear stock would help. Dark pics arenā€™t much help either when trying to get $1000 for a $400 - 500 gun.
Hello:

I just found this thread, looking for information and discussion on Marlin's Royal Canadian series. Regarding price of a Model 336 in .35 Remington, I bought one in very good condition in an online auction here in Canada for just over $700.00, Canadian currency, in November, 2017. It was more than I wanted to pay but it was the first one I've encountered. It came with a Bushnell 4x scope with a post and cross-hair reticle, swivels and good quality leather sling.

I agree with the poster above who said these rifles were built to hunt, not as commemorative pieces. I've also got a .22 magnum bolt action, a .22 semi-auto and a 12 gauge bolt action, all marked Marlin Royal Canadian.

Regards,

Bill Klassen
Whitehorse, Yukon Territory
Hello there all. I am posting up to see if anyone here who has any royal canadian rifles from marlin are interested in selling
I am very interested to purchase one. Please contact me with details and I will respond promptly.
Thanks much kw
© 24hourcampfire