Home
Posted By: gooselander Tristar Viper G2 - 02/17/12
I have a Tristar Viper G2 12 ga. shotgun that I've been trying to find a magazine extension for. Making a trip to SoDak for some snow geese. Does anybody know if Tristar makes one or what would be compatible? I can't seem to find anything online.
Thanks
Posted By: Sig220 Re: Tristar Viper G2 - 02/19/12
I have not seen a mag extension for the Tristar. Just load more every chance you get!! Good luck on your goose hunt!
Posted By: gooselander Re: Tristar Viper G2 - 03/07/12
Just in case anyone else has a Viper and wants to know. I brought my shotgun to a gunsmith to make me an extension tube. After a little looking around, the extensions for Remington have the same threads.... The only thing he needed to make was a collar to slip over the existing tube so there was still tension when the extension was screwed on. Easy customization.
Posted By: Kferling Re: Tristar Viper G2 - 11/25/18
Originally Posted by gooselander
Just in case anyone else has a Viper and wants to know. I brought my shotgun to a gunsmith to make me an extension tube. After a little looking around, the extensions for Remington have the same threads.... The only thing he needed to make was a collar to slip over the existing tube so there was still tension when the extension was screwed on. Easy customization.

Can you explain in more detail and maybe post pictures. A collar? What Remington extension in particular? I am looking to do the same for mine.
Posted By: gunguyr Re: Tristar Viper G2 - 12/09/18
Originally Posted by Kferling
Originally Posted by gooselander

Can you explain in more detail and maybe post pictures. A collar? What Remington extension in particular? I am looking to do the same for mine.

I would assume you need a "collar" between the extension and the barrel to keep the barrel tight in the receiver. Again I'm assuming the extension doesn't extend past the threaded portion as far as the original cap does.
© 24hourcampfire