Home
A decade or so ago I was searching hard for my favorite Doublegun made, The Winchester Model 21 Duck Grade with 32" Barrels. I found one that I could afford and bought it. It was in very good condition and a collectors item for sure. I decided I was going to shoot it as is even though the stock did not fit me. I shot it pretty well considering. But I wanted it to fit me, so I had two options. One leather add on adjustments or Two a custom stock. I spent a lot of money on this gun and the tough of having a custom stock made was stressful. One I wanted to hunt this gun and I mean truly hunt it, Puddle Ducks, Divers, and Sea Ducks. But I knew if I was going to have a custom stock I was going to get the most beautiful wood to me that I cloud find. Also I wanted to shoot sporting clays with it. So chances were high of it getting ding up. So I sold it, but it haunted me and haunts me to this day. Well I was talking to a buddy yesterday and he said to me that he saw my gun for sale. I asked him if he was sure and he was. He was at the shop that sold it for him when they were getting ready to mail it off to its new owner. Dam talk about a kick in the side! Well now it has me looking for another you only live once.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Once owned my dream gun - 01/19/20
https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...barrels-circa-1947-.cfm?gun_id=101353163

$6500, there is another one for higher
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Once owned my dream gun - 01/19/20
I wish I could console you or help you............

I know where there are two Heavy Duck 21's in one place. Not sure of barrel length. But sure they aren't currently for sale. 😕
Posted By: battue Re: Once owned my dream gun - 01/20/20

Least I can do for a Bud....might as well start out with what looks like a relatively fresh one....

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...el-21-duck-12-gauge.cfm?gun_id=101339436
Oh finding them isn't the problem! It is a project I may take on in the near future.

Battue I know where one was, May still be there new in box, wrapped and with hang tags! But the price tag is a little bit more than the one you posted! smile

Honestly the way to roll it would be just have CSMC build me exactly what I want, but that ain't a real Model 21 Duck at least to me anyways.
Posted By: battue Re: Once owned my dream gun - 01/20/20
New in the box, wrapped and with hang tags! You take that one out and start fiddling on it and some Winchester collectors will be on Zoloft for life. In addition, I'm sure there will be a couple that will require a trip to the ER, because you had the disrespect to take the lid off and look inside.

Damn boy, think what you are about to do. And by the way, can I be there when you flip the lid......

I got the chance to do the same with a Krieghoff Essencia and there was silence in the room when I mated the parts. You do the same with a virgin Model 21 Duck and someone somewhere is going to explode.
Originally Posted by battue
New in the box, wrapped and with hang tags! You take that one out and start fiddling on it and some Winchester collectors will be on Zoloft for life. In addition, I'm sure there will be a couple that will require a trip to the ER, because you had the disrespect to take the lid off and look inside.

Damn boy, think what you are about to do. And by the way, can I be there when you flip the lid......

I got the chance to do the same with a Krieghoff Essencia and there was silence in the room when I mated the parts. You do the same with a virgin Model 21 Duck and someone somewhere is going to explode.

Battue I am not buying that shotgun the price tag was or is to rich for my modest earnings. If I were to buy that one and I am not! It would stay as is but be shot from time to time on blue bird days. Which in itself could get me hurt! smile
Posted By: battue Re: Once owned my dream gun - 01/21/20
I knew you were not going to buy that one, but it would be so much fun if you did. Because I know you couldn't help from pulling the trigger. Then a bluebird day would turn into that one day were; "I'm going to hunt this gun hard, like it was meant to be hunted. Just one day." And from there....
Haha...... You are probably right. Last time I looked at it the price tag said $22,000.00 frown
Posted By: battue Re: Once owned my dream gun - 01/21/20
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Haha...... You are probably right. Last time I looked at it the price tag said $22,000.00 frown

Damn, there must be a scratching of King Buck on it someplace....
I have not looked at it in a while. Might be gone. I try to stay away.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Once owned my dream gun - 01/21/20
For $22,000 it better come with the Swedish bikini team........

😁
Originally Posted by Yoder409

😁

It is a pristine Complete never fired Model 21 Duck Grade, it doesn't need a Swedish bikini team! smile
Posted By: jimy Re: Once owned my dream gun - 01/21/20

😁

It is a pristine Complete never fired Model 21 Duck Grade, it doesn't need a Swedish bikini team! smile

I bet that the Swedish bikini team would "fit" you better ! laugh
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Once owned my dream gun - 01/21/20
Originally Posted by jimy

😁

I bet that the Swedish bikini team would "fit" you better ! laugh

You'll find no argument in THAT !!! 😂😂😂
© 24hourcampfire