Home
I’m getting ready for a spot-and-stalk bear hunt in August 2021. I’ve been told to expect shots out to 400 yards.

I’ll likely use a 30-06 with 180-grain bullets because that's what I have. I have no trouble getting hits quickly out to 300 by holding over, but I haven’t shot beyond that in quite some time. The plan is to load up a ton of ammo and spend a lot of time on the range locking down zeros, working out dope, and generally getting ready between now and then.

I’ve got a Leupold VXR 3-9x40 with the Ballistic Firedot reticle. I’ve been able to hit 6” steel out to 425 with this scope/reticle on a different 30-06, but that was from a bench I had plenty of time to figure out holds/drops. I would not dial with this scope, but use the reticle to hold over.

I'm also considering whether to switch to something like a SWFA 3-9x43 and dial. I did some dialing out to around 800m with a Leupold Ultra M3A 10×42mm on M-24 prototypes in the military but that was long ago and I’m badly out of date on current practices.

Should I try to hold over for this hunt or should I dial?

Thanks,

Okie John
If it’s beyond PBR, I’m dialing.
My opinion is I zero most all of my long guns from 223 up to 375 at around 250 yards. Gives me a 0-300 yard no brainer shoot without having to think. In my little brain, once they cross the 300 yard mark, it only takes me a 1/2 a second to reference a range card or a tape on the turret to put the round as on point as I can shoot. I just naturally shoot better and faster if I use the main center of the reticle, maybe using a windage mark or two if wind is a thing. Some folks like using a reticle for holdover and if it works, then I'd say stick with it, but I don't generally waste a bunch of time dialing a mil or whatever and getting to aiming the rifle. It is reassuring to me the rifle will put the round exactly where I tell it to at any yardage if my zero and atmospherics are good.

The 3x9 is simply a fantastic hunting scope in my opinion. Honestly with the turret tapes like DF uses you really only need a dope chart to access if you're dealing with wind.
I'm no expert, but given a choice between guessing or holding dead on...... I'd want to dial.
Especially when time is a factor... with the SWFA reticle you wouldn't even need to dial if things happen quickly.
Your paying a lot for a guided hunt, give yourself the best odds to succeed,
Got in a few minutes ago from verifying my 7 Mashburn, one shot at 100, GTG, dialed to 500, GTG, dialed to 700 GTG, dialed back to 3 MOA, that's dead on at 300 yards for a 160gr accubond leaving at 3220, can kill out to 350 yards with center body hold without worrying about hold over or more dialing, dope card taped to stock if need to go longer.
I think I can see where this is headed.

Looks like I'll be sending more money to SWFA....

Okie John
Originally Posted by okie john

Okie John

Pic the optic you like but the NF, SWFA, and similar are sure bets. To me and this is just me but finding the specific mark on a MQ reticle isn’t much, if any faster than just dialing and getting on point. I know that I’m probably the anomaly but it’s the way my brain works.

It certainly doesn’t suck to have the bullet hit on point to where you’re aiming either if you trip the shot decently.

Their 1x6 SS HD ain’t a bad option either if it fits your rifle and shooting style. Being illuminated kinda makes them pretty awesome on a hunting gun and the reticle offers good precision for even longer shooting.
I've found ballistic reticles to be a good tool for shots beyond PBR. If you get the data right, the charts are so close as to make shots to well past 400 a snap. I've only ever been about 1/4 MOA off on shots on animals using a ballistic reticle.

Dialing isn't my thing. I tried it, and for hunting, I don't like it. For one thing, taking my eyes off the animals to dick with my scope dope isn't good.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I've found ballistic reticles to be a good tool for shots beyond PBR. If you get the data right, the charts are so close as to make shots to well past 400 a snap. I've only ever been about 1/4 MOA off on shots on animals using a ballistic reticle.

Dialing isn't my thing. I tried it, and for hunting, I don't like it. For one thing, taking my eyes off the animals to dick with my scope dope isn't good.

I totally agree HNS, but my problem is making a reticle line up for something like a 300 RUM blasting a 180 at 3350-3400. I tried to mess around with the 6x36 with dots and everytime I'd end up with a random yardage somewhere that just doesn't work out for me. I think Ballistic reticles are great if they work for you though, and I agree about taking your eyes off the animal but again, for me, if I am shooting past 400 yards, the animal has to stick around long enough for me to get prone anyhow, so zipping my turret to 1 mil while I am getting settled in doesn't take any extra time for me.
Okie,

Beyond 500 yds is my current thinking. Ballistic reticles do fine out to that range. Contrary to internet wisdom, shots in the field beyond 300 yds is a long shot, and enough things can go wrong. Wind estimation is the biggest. All the Kestrals in the world won't tell a guy what the wind is doing 300 yds away or further.

Another is time. Range, hold on the ballistic reticle and shoot. If a bear is foraging he may be in and out of view in the brush at various ranges.

Originally Posted by beretzs

I totally agree HNS, but my problem is making a reticle line up for something like a 300 RUM blasting a 180 at 3350-3400. I tried to mess around with the 6x36 with dots and everytime I'd end up with a random yardage somewhere that just doesn't work out for me. I think Ballistic reticles are great if they work for you though, and I agree about taking your eyes off the animal but again, for me, if I am shooting past 400 yards, the animal has to stick around long enough for me to get prone anyhow, so zipping my turret to 1 mil while I am getting settled in doesn't take any extra time for me.

I've been randomly lucky in that regard in the field, but I agree with the criticism of the system. With something shooting that flat, I would zero at 300 for sure, but still, a bit of "Kentucky elevation" is always going to be required. I was concerned the first time I had to shoot beyond 400, but it was so easy to "guess" where to put the reticle, and the bullet went right where I wanted. By the fifth time, with three different rifles and three different trajectories, and still having to remember a "chart" of drops and windage, I decided that it works better for me.

I get that dialing is ideal for some, and I can see situations where it would be ideal for me, just not from actual field use.

My dialing (with a repeatable scope) turned into a goatfuck both times (two different rifles) using an MOA dial. No fault of the system, just operator error. The first time, the buck was about 350 when I first saw him and ranged him, so I dialed for that, but by the time I got him back in the scope, he had run a ways, as he had busted us, and was 390 by the time I shot (I figured this out later), then about 410 when I shot again, and he died about 425, finally, after 4 hits, all marginally low. I was having to use Kentucky elevation anyway, as I didn't have time to range him again, and after hitting him with the first shot (poorly, through the brisket, but put bullet and bone fragments into his heart), I couldn't let him just keep on running away.
Makes sense to me.
My personal experience with coyotes is ballistic reticles to 500 as they don't stick around long. I'm calling them, they are focused in my direction and reaching up to dial elevation or parallax it is a good way to spook a coyote. If I can't get them closer than 500 there is something wrong with the set up. A 2-12x40 scope no parallax or dials is ideal for me in open country.. I so rarely get a shot at a coyote over 500 that it isn't worth the money and effort to set up a rifle for those, coyotes at 10 yrds are far more common.
Retards lamenting their Dumbfhuqktitude,Inabilities and Schit Riggin',is never not fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Very EASY to connect mechanical dots and do the platform it's greatest justice as an opening move. I cain't think of a single fhuqking rifle,that's zero'd higher than +.5 Mil at the 100yd line and I'm talking more than a fhuqking "few" platforms. This negates midrange woe,allows the inherent ability to thread needles and when conjoined with Beaver Dope,is simply mind numbingly without peer. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

"Ballistic" Reticles are non-lineal pieces of fhuqking schit,which don't even jive their own erector's,which is funnier than fhuqk,though Drooltards swoon 'em. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

MOA is counter intuitive,as compared to a Base 10 System. So it's slower to incorporate and muddles Wind Readings. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

With an erector and reticle of like language,it'll only "surprise" The Resident Fhuqking RETARDS,that you needn't flap your wings,nor remove boots to input a correction. With a lineal Base 10 Scale,you can Deal Death however mood strikes. Simply look through the fhuqking thing,or dial a correction or portions of both if mood strikes,as long as the sum is 100% of DOPE. Nothing is faster or more Precise. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Had a pard's Wife yesterday,blowing her own mind at the 600yd line,with my 18" 270 and 105 'Max ala 1-6x HD. She'd never shot but half that far in her life before and couldn't miss. Though it could go NO other way. Hint.

I rather enjoy you Drooling Fhuqktards by being stumped with input,prior to a rifle hitting the shoulder! The distances thus far mused are SCANT corrections. I'm less than 30 minutes removed,from shooting a coupla 22LR's MUCH further. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

It's never been difficult to KNOW who shoots and who don't and it remains funnier than fhuqk that the Don'ters espouse their CLUELESS Fhuqking Stupidity.Hint.

Bless their hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Okie John

Pic the optic you like but the NF, SWFA, and similar are sure bets. To me and this is just me but finding the specific mark on a MQ reticle isn’t much, if any faster than just dialing and getting on point. I know that I’m probably the anomaly but it’s the way my brain works.

It certainly doesn’t suck to have the bullet hit on point to where you’re aiming either if you trip the shot decently.

Their 1x6 SS HD ain’t a bad option either if it fits your rifle and shooting style. Being illuminated kinda makes them pretty awesome on a hunting gun and the reticle offers good precision for even longer shooting.

I'd rather dial if the shot is past MPBR. On a big SWFA dial, I scribed the elevation turret on one of my rifles:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Shot at those ranges and knew it was dead on. To me, that is far faster and easier to just turn the dial, then to mess around with a ballistic reticle. If you are practicing like you should in the down time, then you should be shooting targets from near to far and turning that dial in practice. After a while it is like second nature. Just be damned sure you have a reliable tracking scope. I think the op is wise to look at SWFA or a NF, because they track very reliably. I ended up selling that rifle and scope package to a co worker of mine and he uses it. He's pretty new to shooting, but he's getting pretty damn good at ranging stuff and turning the dial and ringing steel with it. He laughs and says "this isn't hard at all"... He was shooting with my boss and my bosses father in law, who spares no expense in rifles, and they shot some steel plate at 850 yards. He hit the plates 3 for 3 shots with the old girl I sold him, put the rifle away and said he was done. My boss and his father in law were shooting and shooting, trying to get on target. My boss using a $2,000.00 VX6 with CDS on his 300wm, took about 10 shots to get on target, finding his CDS was not working as it should.. Who would have thunk that? His FIL using a $7,000.00 rifle from a company that uses Huskema scopes and fine tuned hand loads just for that rifle. Never did hit the target... Later finding out he had rotated the dial 1 revolution too much.. Dialing can be a chidt show like huntnshoot outlined in an ealier post, but shouldn't be, if one practices with his chidt and becomes proficient...
Originally Posted by erich
My personal experience with coyotes is ballistic reticles to 500 as they don't stick around long. I'm calling them, they are focused in my direction and reaching up to dial elevation or parallax it is a good way to spook a coyote. If I can't get them closer than 500 there is something wrong with the set up. A 2-12x40 scope no parallax or dials is ideal for me in open country.. I so rarely get a shot at a coyote over 500 that it isn't worth the money and effort to set up a rifle for those, coyotes at 10 yrds are far more common.

And in that situation, a shotgun works best.. I thought the op was asking about a bear hunt?
Jeezus Fhuqk the unbridled STUPIDITY,is simply fhuqking AMAZING! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Kitty Cat scratches sprinkled on a turret?!? Fhuqking HILARIOUS! Might there be like marks on your Speedometer,Clock Face and Measuring Tape,to make them "better" too?!? Hint. LAUGHING!!!!

A gal who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you,will always be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Your sheer and utter RETARDATION is simply fhuqking MAGNIFICENT! Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for TRYING though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

Should add,if only for the astute,who actually shoot,that if'n you cite a given platform's particulars,it's VERY easy to connect dots with a sane zero,a literal Wind Range DETERMINER and then simply apply to DOPE to say a 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker.

Hint.

You'll be led to water..............

Okie John

Yup, this. Visually counting hashmarks on the reticle (even reticles that have numbered hashes) is certainly not faster than dialing to a number on the turret, for most people. This is assuming a single target at a single distance. If engaging multiple targets at various distances with one shot each, holding can be faster, but this is rarely the case when hunting. Add a little wind and you usually want to be holding the horizontal cross hair on the POA.

It's easy to zero at 100 and then dial for MPBR by dialing up for 250 or so. Beyond 300ish you'll need to dial more.

You have to take your eyes off the animal when you pull your LRF up to your eye, or when you glass the critter with a bino or spotter, anyway. I would wager that finding the animal in the RF bino and then ranging it at the same time, dialing the DOPE into the ele. turret, and getting on the scope holding center crosshair is faster than finding, ranging, and then trying to decide which part of the reticle to hold on the POA. I've seen it many times in the hunting fields and in competition. Holding center crosshair avoids the visual confusion of trying to decide which hashmark to use. Add wind into the equation, and things only get worse for the guy using holdover.

But if your system works for you, carry on!
When I mention ballistic reticles I’m referring to reticles such as the Leupy dots or B&C, Burris’s reticle on the FF II’s or the Maven reticle.

The reticles with a few dozen hash marks on them are plumb confusing.....
Great conversation men. I'll continue to read with ears wide open.
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
When I mention ballistic reticles I’m referring to reticles such as the Leupy dots or B&C, Burris’s reticle on the FF II’s or the Maven reticle.

They are only confusing to those that won't take the time to learn how to use them correctly. If you really want to be successful at hitting targets well beyond maximum point blank range learn to dial and make full use of a MIL or MOA reticle as it was intended.

If you don't wish to shoot further than MPBR, that's also fine. But BDC's are a very poor substitute to actually knowing what your bullets are doing at long range.

IMHO and YMMV
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

You have to take your eyes off the animal when you pull your LRF up to your eye, or when you glass the critter with a bino or spotter, anyway. I would wager that finding the animal in the RF bino and then ranging it at the same time, dialing the DOPE into the ele. turret, and getting on the scope holding center crosshair is faster than finding, ranging, and then trying to decide which part of the reticle to hold on the POA. I've seen it many times in the hunting fields and in competition. Holding center crosshair avoids the visual confusion of trying to decide which hashmark to use. Add wind into the equation, and things only get worse for the guy using holdover.

I see what you are saying, and I said before that I can see where it could be ideal, such as in a situation like you described.

How hard is it to look at the crosshair and put it where the bullet it supposed to go? Just as easy as it is to put some other part of the reticle where it is supposed to go. How is that confusing? Maybe you should try using a ballistic reticle. They are all I use on rifles designed to shoot past a couple hundred yards. I save the dialing for non-hunting shooting.
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Takes extra time to figure out your "guess", too, if the range is in-between dots. Either way, compared to holding center reticle there is time spent looking at the reticle deciding where to hold, if using holdover.

Bottom line is, the time that passes between spotting an animal and killing it is comparable between holding and dialing, and dialing is more precise. Out to PBR holding center mass works. Beyond that, it's time to dial.

I will agree with bsa1917hunter that you have to be familiar and proficient with your gear, regardless. If using a system doesn't work well for a guy because he's unfamiliar or awkward with it, is not the fault of the system and says nothing about its inherent effectiveness.
There's NO fhuqking need to reiterate what I CLEARLY stated,in regards to Dog Schit haphazard "dots",the HILARIOUS B&C Goat Fhuqk and ALL things Burris and especially Maven. That WAS my fhuqking point. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

If only in the interest of Accuracy and re-punned,this is what I said,mainly because it's a fhuqking FACT. Hint. LAUGHING!

"Ballistic" Reticles are non-lineal pieces of fhuqking schit,which don't even jive their own erector's,which is funnier than fhuqk,though Drooltards swoon 'em. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint."

Cite any/all words that are "too big" or "too Technical". Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

I reckon a Clock Face is "confusing" too? Hint. LAUGHING!

Lineal reticle graduations which jive the erector,is without fhuqking peer. Full stop,end of fhuqking Story. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Of course you CLUELESS Fhuqktards are trying to align your retardation with a SFP Variable to boot,which is funnier than fhuqk! Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

1000 words. Hint.

Down and dirty DOPE in an ocular,including Beaver DOPE. Obviously,finer distance graduations are broken down and affixed EVERY fhuqking stock(along with Base 10 full value wind). The objective cap states zero range,how high at 100yds to align same and the erector travel from zero to the limitis of the erector. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Due sight height requisite,Krunchentickers are greater offenders for Beaver Dope and a 6 Mil 10yd correction,being standard fare,if only as an example. Down and dirty Ocular DOPE. Hint.

"Oddly" enough,parallax is always scribed at zero range. Hint.

Slow the fhuqk down...read and see the fhuqking light and after a "life' of trying,collect your FIRST Fhuqking Clue.Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

You've been led to fhuqking water.

Hint.

Thank me later...................

Fhuqking EPIC Hilarity!!!!

Now PaulBurnedHard,Skidrow and KchuntShoot are doing their BEST.

You poor poor CLUELESS Fhuqktards...I'm CRYING I'm laughing soooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!!!!

Bless your hearts for TRYING though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Jordan,

Cat Scratch is doing her BEST,which is of course the only fhuqking reason it's sooooooooo fhuqking HILARIOUS!

Wow +P+++!...................

I see what you are saying, and I said before that I can see where it could be ideal, such as in a situation like you described.

How hard is it to look at the crosshair and put it where the bullet it supposed to go? Just as easy as it is to put some other part of the reticle where it is supposed to go. How is that confusing? Maybe you should try using a ballistic reticle. They are all I use on rifles designed to shoot past a couple hundred yards. I save the dialing for non-hunting shooting.

I spent years and thousands of rounds with ballistic reticles like the Burris BP, Nikon BDC, Zeiss RZ600, Leup LRD, etc. So just to be clear, I'm speaking from experience, not theory. And again, if your way works for you, carry on.

The eye and mind are naturally drawn to the center of the reticle. In contrast, if you have to decide where on the vertical wire to hold (either choosing which hashmark to use or deciding where on the wire in-between two dots to hold), that visual confusion/mental processing takes a bit of time, IME, and it takes as much or more time than spinning the dial to the correct number.
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Something like that is about as fast as it gets (25 yrd/m increments don't hurt my feelings, either), though I prefer my ocular caps at 10:30-11:00 when open so I can see my DOPE and turret at the same time without breaking cheek weld or moving the cap. But I can forgive it being at the 12:00. *grin*

Not my first-choice rifle for the job, but I would sight the SWFA at 200 yards.

If you can hit an 8x10" target *without missing* at 300 yards it will be simple to adjust (dial) to the "400 yards" if THAT is as close as your guide is able to get you.
Once you have learned how easy it is to dial range and have a useful scale to hold wind you will quit being a doubter. Dependable gear like SWFA FFP w/ MQ reticle will make you a better shooter...if you use it enough to learn the advantages. Shooting is fun and shooting better is funner.

mike r
John...sounds like you have a plan, using your equipment before the hunt. You`ve also dialed. I also assume you worked with a spotter? Practice with what you already know. Very easy to build a ballistic drop tape and attach to your scope turret. Easy to dial. I hunt with my son, he and I spot and range for one another when one of us is shooting. If you`re going to be hunting with an outfitter or partner, have them range, you concentrate on the shot.
I burned up most of 100 bullets before my hunt this fall, shooting in different weather conditions and distances so I wouldn`t have to sit and think of what to do when I had a chance at the animal I wanted.

Good luck
I drive High Noon caps,for more than a few reasons. Firstly,that's where they seal best. Secondly,that's how/where gravity interacts,which greatly promotes their life(been years since I've failed one). Thirdly,most Victims are gonna slide right or left and that precludes interference with blinkers denoting same. Lastly,one has an inner sense that essentially takes over and heeds the Nooner's location,with bumps/bruises,due a turret or two in the larder.(grin) Hint.

Stocks wear the finer 25yd breakdown as mentioned. Except for Rimfires,where it's 10yds and it takes some surface area to paste 700yd+ DOPE.(grin) Hint.

Springers go from 10yd,down to 5yd breaks. Typically,everything is run to the limits of the erector on the platform(or a NASTY Transonic Slip). Rimfires run to that,coupled with the windshield,which is very often 50+ Mil's of DOPE total. Hint.

Comeups are very often colored different,from Base 10 Full Value Wind,for speed/ease. Hint.

Hardly a big fhuqking deal.(grin) Hint.

Forced to speculate,I'd reckon that there's Method to the approach.(grin) Hint.

Not that I don't enjoy Droolers doing their fhuqking BEST.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................

CluelessJoe,

I've never even seen a fhuqking Bear,or even a 308. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Perhaps extoll more,on your fhuqking HILARIOUS version of "experience" and spare NO fhuqking "details". Dare ya'! Hint. LAUGHING!

You CLUELESS Fhuqks are a hoot!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

EZPAULA,

No schit?!? A WHOLE 100 fhuqking rounds?!!?

Wow +P+++!

Now state the particulars of that Hilarious Piece Of Fhuqking Schit and spare NO details!

Hint.

I do not shoot nearly as much as some here, but based on the shooting that I do, I will always dial my SWFA scopes, if past 300 yards. With a 200-yard zero, 300 is a chip shot without dialing, but for the farther distances, the critter that you are hunting generally is not spooked and will give you all the time necessary to dial.

Realistically, most people that hunt don't feel obliged to shoot extreme shots and so dialing is irrelevant for the most part. Same individual probably has no clue as to the actual ballistics of what they are shooting, anyway.
Originally Posted by Shadow

They are only confusing to those that won't take the time to learn how to use them correctly. If you really want to be successful at hitting targets well beyond maximum point blank range learn to dial and make full use of a MIL or MOA reticle as it was intended.

If you don't wish to shoot further than MPBR, that's also fine. But BDC's are a very poor substitute to actually knowing what your bullets are doing at long range.

IMHO and YMMV

"Time" is the operative word. Counting hashmarks on a hashmark covered reticle is unnecessary and time consuming out to 500 yds when a simple hunting reticle is just as accurate to that range.

Finding actual drop is simple--just shoot at the bull on a target large enough to record bullet drop. This year's elk (shot at 52 and 54 yds respectively) were killed with a flat shooting 270 cal 160 NPt wink that demonstrated less drop out to 500 yds than every ballistic program I tried. This year's bear was killed at a mind bending 35 paces with the flattest shooting load I have in any of my hunting rifles. Most guys convinced they must have a long range set up that can shoot to a 1000 yds are rarely prepared to shoot quickly under any circumstances or range. As a guide it was frustrating.......

Having hunted plenty of bears via spot and stalk they tend to be foraging about and not posing for a guy while he ranges, waves the Kestral around, bluetoooths up to his phone with barometric pressure, humidity, the aligment of the moon and mars, and dials in a solution that will may result in the bear giving birth to the next generation in the interim......

Finding actual drop via a large piece of paper at 300 and 400 yds respectively will tell the tale, and practicing on 8-12" steel out to 500 yds negates the need for a 20oz hubble size scope with turrets the size of 5 ga buckets.

Then there is the wind--it is pretty much acknowledged the average human being can't estimate range very reliably, but somehow every long range shooter is a master at knowing the direction and speed of the breeze.. Most bears I've ever ran into will be highly intolerant of a guy running out to place wind flags over the entire course........

On these threads we often see shooting at the range conflated with hunting ranges under hunting circumstances.

Now watch, Okie will end up shooting a bear at 150 yds..........

I should also note that not my SHV, my SWFA, my FFII, nor my Leupolds adjust or dial worth a hoot in sub-freezing temps.
You AMAZINGLY Inept CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a HOOT! Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

I had a new rifle out the other day,in a new stock. I gunned a 200yd zero and simply zero'd the turret,with a zero stop,which took 30 fhuqking seconds. It had never been shot through a chronograph,but I simply entered a velocity and ran the particulars on the fly. Hint.

From there,I shot at 900yds and simply back calc'd a miserly .2 Mil ele correction,from a velocity speculation and less touching the turret or it's initial zero. I corrected the DOPE and went to 1300yds,on the fhuqking money,in a single shot. Wasn't in a location to shoot to the Transonic Slip of said platform,but simply noted "1300yd confirmed DOPE". Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Did that somehow "compromise" the 6x MQ for a 10yd shot or a 1000yd shot,or ANY fhuqking stops in between? Not no...but fhuqk NO,you Retarded Window Licking CLUELESS Fhuqks. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Just what in the fhuqk are you IDIOTS pretending to "count"?!? Here's a 308 with a softball lapooey Litz Skinner,at Low Tide. Pardon a 200yd zero being but .5 mil high at the100yd line and a 400yd shot "consuming" a 1.5 Mil correction,whether erector or reticle applied. How/where do you Fhuqktards get stumped "counting" on a miserly 1.5 Mil correction,looking through the fhuqking scope? Hint. LAUGHING!

That exceedingly modest correction is input in a nano-second,unless your eyes are crossed or your Drool Bib cinched too fhuqking tight. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

The reason you CLUELESS Fhuqktards are stumped by everything,is because you are doing your fhuqking Hilarious BEST! Fascinatingly,Guides are RELIABLY the Dumbest Of Fhuqks when it comes to Ballistics 101. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

What percentage do you gals bat,on getting tapwater inside a glass on the first try? 10%? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts,for doing your BEST.

Holy Fhuqking Wow +P+++!!!!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Though in fairness,it ain't moisture or freezing we battle here,it's the dust.

6x MQ Polar Bear anyone?

Hint.

Ooooooopsie!

LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!....................
Zero your 30-06 at 200yards. Hold dead on 50 to 250. At 300 hold 8" high, at 400 hold 2' high. Spend your money on a bear rug.
TenderTwat,

Do wax eloquent on the "particulars" of your Imaginary Pretend wares. Mainly because it will be funnier than fhuqk! Hint. LAUGHING!

You CLUELESS Fhuqktards couldn't summons a FIRST Fhuqking Clue,if you were all bolted together in unison. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
The fugging looney Prick stick has arrived to fugg up this conversation.No surprise here..Jesus Christ man TAKE YOUR MEDS.. laugh laugh
I have been fumbling along, using what I perceived to be the King's English for three quarters of a century now, but I'll be [bleep] if I can make any sense of the Big Stick syntax. He owns most of the state of the art rifles and optics above the 55th parallel, probably has a lot of knowledge, but how the hell would I know? Swahili? Esperanto? But, "Drooling phuctard" I get. I suspect it may not be complimentary.
boobie,

You are shy the 13 IQ Points requisite,to garner a FIRST Fhuqking Clue,you Whining Brokedick,but at least Imagination and Pretend are free so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply being afforded the luxuries of not being forced to guess,as a guess is the BEST you can "do",as you "live" vicariously. Feel free to TRY and "talk" about the subject,mainly because that would be funnier than fhuqk! Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Bless your heart for doing your best though,if only due the sanctity of your Handicapped Parking Permit and Mental "Capacity".

P.S. and by the way,don't "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery you Amazingly Inept Sock Puppet.

Hint.

LAUGHING!........................

fhuqksocks,

You be SURE to cite any/all words that are "too big" or "too Technical" for your Retardation to follow and I'll simply streamline...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart,there was ZERO need to reiterate your fhuqking STUPIDITY,as it is welllllllllll beyond "obvious".

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
I don't understand setting your Zero at 3 1/2" high or something like that at 100 when you have a turret.
Originally Posted by BtailHunter
I don't understand setting your Zero at 3 1/2" high or something like that at 100 when you have a turret.

BailKchunter,

DO tell,where your very impressive Retardation,granted you an endorsement for a 3.5" high 100yd zero...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

As an aside,nobody has ever "accused" you of having a First Fhuqking Clue about anything,if only to save your trembling fingers more typing. Hint. LAUGHING!

Now wax eloquent,about the specific turret you "have" and points awarded in advance,for the oblivious HUMOR of there being no such thing. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for doing your best,with what INCREDIBLY little you "have" to "work" with.

As an aside,feel FREE to take a stab at that which you "think" you "understand",mainly because it will be funnier than fhuqk if you try. DARE ya'!

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

BailKchunter,

DO tell,where your very impressive Retardation,granted you an endorsement for a 3.5" high 100yd zero...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

As an aside,nobody has ever "accused" you of having a First Fhuqking Clue about anything,if only to save your trembling fingers more typing. Hint. LAUGHING!

Now wax eloquent,about the specific turret you "have" and points awarded in advance,for the oblivious HUMOR of there being no such thing. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for doing your best,with what INCREDIBLY little you "have" to "work" with.

As an aside,feel FREE to take a stab at that which you "think" you "understand",mainly because it will be funnier than fhuqk if you try. DARE ya'!

Hint.

Where did I endorse a 3 1/2" high at 100 yards? I know heater hunting is tough work in your area. Shoot any seals lately?

Where did anyone set their zero that high? I’d bet most fellas use a 200, 225, 250 zero if they’re hunters which would be about 1.5-2” high at 100 with most normal set ups.

Jordan mentioned zeroing at 100 and just simply running with the 250 yard correction on the optic. Seem folks do that as well.

It’s all relevant if you’ve got the range and time. It is pretty nice though to lock on a zero, input the junk into a calculator and hit the RF, add it to the turret and put hits on target. The time factor gets lost in me. If a buck or bull is at 400 yards or better it’ll take me more time to get my pack situated than to dial.
BailKchunter,

I VERY much enjoy,that your rampant fhuqking STUPIDITY,is no "act"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Kudos,on ALMOST being able to afford a turret of your own. Hint. LAUGHING!

Now if only in "fairness",I own what certainly must be THE Bountiest Bounty Rifle,to ever live. Procured from a SAGE Sourdough,who shot THE fhuqk outta it for Eagle Paychecks,Seal Paychecks and murdered THE fhuqk outta 100+ Brown Bears with it,because that was what's requisite. You'll need to Google them words and I suggest you copy/paste,due your HILARIOUS Retardation. Hint. LAUGHING!

Anywhooo...in the Mid-60's,Seals brought $250 a pop in today's dollars. It were a 52yr run and there was some shootin',that got in. As a by the fhuqking way,Eagles were on THE Hit List too and said Sourdough got in a decade of same,so a certain rifle is "broken in",though I don't much care for Winchesters(though own more than your crossed-eyes could Dream). Hint. LAUGHING!

Conditions were tough all day,due the high temps,arid conditions and dust plumes. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,you Whining CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktard.

Hint.

'retzs,

She's extolling her Imagination and Pretend,if only because those are the only wares in her HILARIOUS budget.

Hint.

Okie, to answer your question: I'll dial at 300 if time allows. If time doesn't allow that is still easily within holdover range with a 200 yard zero, with any normal round/bullet.

I went the holdover/ballistic reticle/dots route for a while....but once I drank the dialing koolaid there was no turning back for me.
Being able to hold the center reticle on POA & such being coincidental with POI is never a bad thing.................just sayin'.

MM
BailKchunter,

I VERY much enjoy,that your rampant fhuqking STUPIDITY,is no "act"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Kudos,on ALMOST being able to afford a turret of your own. Hint. LAUGHING!

Now if only in "fairness",I own what certainly must be THE Bountiest Bounty Rifle,to ever live. Procured from a SAGE Sourdough,who shot THE fhuqk outta it for Eagle Paychecks,Seal Paychecks and murdered THE fhuqk outta 100+ Brown Bears with it,because that was what's requisite. You'll need to Google them words and I suggest you copy/paste,due your HILARIOUS Retardation. Hint. LAUGHING!

Anywhooo...in the Mid-60's,Seals brought $250 a pop in today's dollars. It were a 52yr run and there was some shootin',that got in. As a by the fhuqking way,Eagles were on THE Hit List too and said Sourdough got in a decade of same,so a certain rifle is "broken in",though I don't much care for Winchesters(though own more than your crossed-eyes could Dream). Hint. LAUGHING!

Conditions were tough all day,due the high temps,arid conditions and dust plumes. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,you Whining CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktard.

Hint.

'retzs,

She's extolling her Imagination and Pretend,if only because those are the only wares in her HILARIOUS budget.

Hint.

Let’s see the Winchester!
Imani,

Scope's that dial correctly,often are frosted with a reticle that jives,so the impetus is fluid to/fro and in conjunction. Hint.

I just "happened" to order another 1-6x HD MQ today and outta da' fhuqking blue,received my Meoptika 1-6x replacement scope. The original K-dot was a Schit Show,so opted a MRAD 2 RD replacement. Things like this arrival,make one APPRECIATE all things SWFA.(grin) Hint.

REALLY?!? .15 mil erector graduations? Pretty fhuqking funny! Hint.

Fhuqk it...I'll toss it on a shelf somewhere.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Montucky,

The centerhold easily(obviously) allows the greatest feedback opportunity,for trace/impact interactions...but the hold-offs mentioned thus far,are fhuqking NOTHING. Hint.

I enjoy Hold-off Dissenters and yard turrets offa their platform(s) and let them connect their own dots,by simply driving the windshield,which is of course SIMPLE. Less the option,schit tends to sink in QUICKLY.(grin) hint.

Seen it!

'retzs,

Said rifle has done been spruced the fhuqk up and is simply a Piece Of Fhuqking Schit Winny 54 chambered(now) in K-Hornet. Shilen spout,MacaMillion stock,yada,yada,yada. Have had LOTSA Seal Rifles in my mitts,but none were brandished with such enthusiasm,nor sucha duration.(grin) hint.

Somebody's heart was in it!

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
B.S. (pun intended) missed the point of my post, which is to practice with what you have. Many people do not, expecting equipment alone to do the job. Anything else, including hold over ( My Goodness!!) will be personal preference.

BTB, it`s a rifle, shooting jacketed bullets, with an optical device attached. The TOOL works for me. YMMV.
EZPAULA,

I'm in the unique position,in which I get to hear it all,as Dumbfhuqks are lined up for miles to "tell" me things,that their Retardation has convinced them of...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

There's Bums schitting in the street,Crying Karens Melting Down and folks dressing for their next Riot,under the "justification" it's "working" for them. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

A scope's purpose is to steer boolits andas you obliviously attest,Joe Average is DUMBER than fhuqk. They know NOTHING about the mechanics associated,but "think" they do and that is of course the only fhuqking reason this schit is sooooooooo fhuqking funny. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

A "whopping" 100 bullets of STUPIDITY,do not connect a single fhuqking dot. Spin a gal like you in a circle in a phone booth and you'd have to call 911 to find your way out. Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you are ALWAYS best served by asking questions,rather than giving fhuqking "answers". It'll only come as a surprise to you,in that STUPIDITY isn't an "advantage". Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Bless your heart for crying though.

Hint.

Oh well, it was a good talk when it was just the grown-ups.
Okie -

Dialing takes time so what I do is sign in for the typical range that I engage game at, and then use hold over / under for fast shots with a mil-dot like cross hair.
IF I have a decent spinner scope, and “TIME” to screw with spinning it (meaning one target vs. a hurt or elk where I may chooose a second on instead of the first), then I’ll spin.

At the end of the day - your end game should contain both.

Especially if you are engaging multiple targets at speed... I spin for one, and hold over on the others...
In those cases the strategy is either dial the closest hold over the rest, or if they are bunched dial the middle and slightly adjust.
PaulBurnedHard,

Now what were the "odds" that you went Full Pelosi and defaulted to your Melting Snowflake Crying Karen Routine(which is NO "act")...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Funnier than fhuqk too,that FULL Reverse is the only gear you have and that you gotta steal Avatars,you Magnificently CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktard. What could you possibly bring to the table,besides Hurt Feelings?!? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for crying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Twatpooter,

Erectors stay at their Zero,until Show Time. Hint.

DOPE goes into the scope,before the buttstock hits the shoulder and it's funnier than fhuqk,that you prescribe your lack of coordination afflicting others. To be clear,it do NOT. Hint. LAUGHING!

Now wax eloquent upon platform particulars and try again. RPM,projectile selection,atmospherics,mounting system and glass proper all bear in the equation,so be thorough,if only for once in your "life". Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
B.S. I`m a good enough shot to know that going to 101 bullets would be a waste of them. Worked for me.
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
B.S. I`m a good enough shot to know that going to 101 bullets would be a waste of them. Worked for me.

EZPAULA,

What was the criteria,per your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results",which made 99 "not enough" and 101 "too many",you '"lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now if only in the interest of even more oblivious HILARITY,state the particulars of the platform,along with said bullets and maybe even dangle a picture of the Goat Fhuqk,so as to help others in what NOT to do. Hint. LAUGHING!

Then wax eloquent on how the Magical 100 bullets "worked" for you and the course of fire associated,to arrange same. Where do you Drooling Fhuqktards DREAM this schit up? Hint.

Bless your heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Okie -

Dialing takes time so what I do is sign in for the typical range that I engage game at, and then use hold over / under for fast shots with a mil-dot like cross hair.
IF I have a decent spinner scope, and “TIME” to screw with spinning it (meaning one target vs. a hurt or elk where I may chooose a second on instead of the first), then I’ll spin.

At the end of the day - your end game should contain both.

Especially if you are engaging multiple targets at speed... I spin for one, and hold over on the others...
In those cases the strategy is either dial the closest hold over the rest, or if they are bunched dial the middle and slightly adjust.

I've never taken a shot long enough to need to dial the scope, that I didn't have time to assess, set up & verify that I wanted to shoot. Those are not simply offhand or snap shots.................

As far as multiple targets, if'n we're talking about game animals, I've also never had multiple deer, elk, 'lope, moose or bear tags in my pocket that I need to worry about shooting more that the single target animal.

Of course, YMMV & tacticool situations might change logistics.................

MM
Originally Posted by coobie
[quote=CGPAUL]B.S. I`m a good enough shot to know that going to 101 bullets would be a waste of them. Worked for me.
No fugging sense to argue with a dumb ass that thinks he knows it all.He is a fugging looney who is still living in 1970,s..I do like to pick at his dumb a$$ though.Great entertainment ..
MM,

She is throwing NERF Darts at a board that doesn't exist...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Laughing!

I killed (3) rather solid Bucks one day,off a single Hot Doe and it was all inside the 350yd line start to finish(though starting at 250),with (3) shots fired total,in a haste and subtension all. That left me (2) Tags in my pocket.(grin) Hint.

One of 'em. Hint.

None of these CLUELESS Fhuqks are brazen enough to muse particulars,if only due the obvious of how it would unfold. 'Course,no pics either,but lots Whine and Excuses,to frost the Imagination and Pretend. Hint.

Hint.

boobie,

Again,you are REALLY doing "great" with your Brokedick Whining Retardation...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon Reality,reliably colliding with your Delusional Fantasies,as you summons your Imagination and Pretend. Your Magnificent STUPIDITY is simply Hilarious,as you "live" vicariously and bring only drool to the table. Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Now as entertainment goes,it's gonna be tough to trump a Drug Addled Geriatric Retarded CLUELESS Brokedick Fhuqk,talking out her ass with trembling fingers. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for doing your best and the HILARITY of how pitiful it is.

Hint.

MM,

She is throwing NERF Darts at a board that doesn't exist...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Laughing!

I killed (3) rather solid Bucks one day,off a single Hot Doe and it was all inside the 350yd line start to finish(though starting at 250),with (3) shots fired total,in a haste and subtension all. That left me (2) Tags in my pocket.(grin) Hint.

One of 'em. Hint.

None of these CLUELESS Fhuqks are brazen enough to muse particulars,if only due the obvious of how it would unfold. 'Course,no pics either,but lots Whine and Excuses,to frost the Imagination and Pretend. Hint.

Hint.

boobie,

Again,you are REALLY doing "great" with your Brokedick Whining Retardation...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon Reality,reliably colliding with your Delusional Fantasies,as you summons your Imagination and Pretend. Your Magnificent STUPIDITY is simply Hilarious,as you "live" vicariously and bring only drool to the table. Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Now as entertainment goes,it's gonna be tough to trump a Drug Addled Geriatric Retarded CLUELESS Brokedick Fhuqk,talking out her ass with trembling fingers. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for doing your best and the HILARITY of how pitiful it is.

Hint.

My dads bigger than your dad,Nana,nana,poo.poo.We will meet you down at the monkey bars and fight it out..Fugg you make me belly laugh,I appreciate it.
laugh
Always wondered who would put 50 cents into those sticker vending machines in the grocery store, then what they did with the dumb sticker. Now I know. Thanks BS
Originally Posted by centershot
Always wondered who would put 50 cents into those sticker vending machines in the grocery store, then what they did with the dumb sticker. Now I know. Thanks BS
grin grin BIG looney stick has MIND troubles the reason for stickers and color coding rifles & scopes..
boobie,

You are very welcome to the Sweet "Satisfactions" of your Imagination and Pretend,and I'd not wanna swipe ANY of that "thunder",if only because it's all that you "have"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You'll simply set upon your couchbound kchunt,as you have all your "life" and add to your VERY impressively long list of very WELLFOUNDED Insecurities. To correlate all,cite what you "do" for a "living",for MAXIMUM Oblivious Humor! Hint. LAUGHING!

'Not quite 600yds 'round the hill,as it's a rather fair to middlin' Gene Pool. Hint.

Admittedly,I do often use coloration and rather exceptional notes,to keep barrels warm. You couldn't begin to fhuqking fathom the magnitude and would need a co-signer for the ink. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

TenderTwat,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise" that you are glued to my every word and Splendid Pixel...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Custom Ordered the Calling Cards,more than 20years ago,because I rather enjoy the High Pitched Nasal Whine emitted by CLUELESS Drooling Window Lickers,as they stare at same with their crossed-eyes. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Only MacaMillion rates the emblem and in fairness,I prolly don't have much more than 60 of 'em affixed,excepting the M40A1 Return Handles(whether Smear or Camo). Hint.

Bless your heart for Crying though.

Hint.

Those are nice black tails, Stick.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Wouldn't be bad if he wasn't a total azzhole and condescending. Guy knows a thing or two. Must be bad not to have a plan B in the pocket though in case A didn't work or wasn't the best.
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Wouldn't be bad if he wasn't a total azzhole and condescending. Guy knows a thing or two. Must be bad not to have a plan B in the pocket though in case A didn't work or wasn't the best.
Spot on ...
Stick...............ez up on the Beavers. Eze hurt feelers, ya know. LOL

MM
scooter,

Fair to middlin'. Hint.

Not 50yds away,from the last. My then Cutting Partner's then Best Buck. Are those stickers on my macamillion's?!? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

The Goofy Fhuqker was Cutting 'round the hill to my right,as I hoot towards Greg above me. Hint.

Odd that boobie won't do the BIG Reveal on her "abilities",that "granted" her a "life" of Whining Brokedicktitude and enough practice to PERFECT that Whine. Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................

Lost,

You suck a mean ass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

NOTHING is fhuqking funnier,than a Texan TRYING to "talk" rifles. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for KNOWING better than to try.

Hint.

boobie,

Spot in that you are a Whining CLUELESS Fhuqktard...you "lucky" kchunt. hint. Congratulations?!?

I VERY much enjoy the Fact,that you Crying CLUELESS Karens are too fhuqking STUPID to simply take notes and apply same. Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

MM,

I'm more than happy to pay out slack on the rope and watch the show. Hint.

"Surprisingly",things just never seem to unfold as their crossed-eyes and pointy heads surmise. Hint.

If I was hunting out west.
I would use a dailer and a good range finder.
And do my range work prior big time.

Yep....
Thats about it..

Gear geared for your Terrain.
Makes sense.
rummagemaid,

I enjoy that your CLUELESS Retardation started with an "if"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

When as an opening move,you need to concoct excuses for your Schit Riggin',rest ASSURED it's gonna be fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint. LAUGHING!

A scope that won't dial,of course won't hold zero either. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Not that I do not enjoy you CLUELESS Fhuqking Drooltards brandishing Stupidity,as if it were an "advantage". Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Mechanically sound wares,give less than ZERO fhuqks how/when/where they are pressed into service,which just "might" be THE fhuqking point. Also the reason,why none of you Drooltards will cite any particulars. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Whining though.

Hint.

rummagemaid,

I enjoy that your CLUELESS Retardation started with an "if"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

When as an opening move,you need to concoct excuses for your Schit Riggin',rest ASSURED it's gonna be fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint. LAUGHING!

A scope that won't dial,of course won't hold zero either. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Not that I do not enjoy you CLUELESS Fhuqking Drooltards brandishing Stupidity,as if it were an "advantage". Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Mechanically sound wares,give less than ZERO fhuqks how/when/where they are pressed into service,which just "might" be THE fhuqking point. Also the reason,why none of you Drooltards will cite any particulars. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Whining though.

Hint.

How are the wife and kids doing??
Personal attacks, all day, any which way.................leave the family attacks on the side, just not kosher, man.

MM
but it's all he's got....
boobie,

You suck a mean ass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

BabyMan B-day tomorrow and one of us will be obliged to shoot a Buck in the fhuqking face,with his B-Day Rifle. Feel free to Google as you must,from the sanctity of your Couchbound Kchunt and copious CLUELESSNESS,you Magnificently Whining Brokedick Drooltard. Hint. LAUGHING!

The Dude is hot on his 1-7" Mike Rock Montucky 223AI,if only as per always. No telling about Sister,as she's on a mountain now with a 1-7" Bart' 224 Speedmire slung over a shoulder,but has been schlepping her limited Kustom 264 Kreedmire. Hint. LAUGHING!

'Course Sister is HOT on her 7-08 Lever Gun and 162 A-Max. BabyMan seems to groove on it,even at 6 months old. Hint. LAUGHING!

Kids will be toting Zeiss 10x40 Krassicks',BabyMan the 8x20 Leica's and I'll slum the POS fhuqking 10x Geovids. Hint. LAUGHING!

We'll compare notes,as you "get" to relate how you never turned a fhuqking lick and wallowed in your Whining Brokedick Dumbfhuqktitude(yet again). Hint. Laughing!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

MM,

How could an Opiate Addled Geriatric Handicapped CLUELESS Fhuqking Drooltard begin to "attack"? Unleashing her countless though very WELL founded Insecurities,is nothing but fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint.

'22,

Do NOT slight,how very fhuqking "REAL" her Imagination and Pretend are to her. Hint.

I'm on the ropes!!!!

First off [bleep] you Stick. However that was a bad ass tree you took down (musta been a while back). Have to say you knew exactly what you were doing. Glad you had a good deer hunt, seems to put you in the mood to fugg with us poor fence jumpers.
You know what Fishbreath....

You would never say what you just posted to my face.
It would take me about 10 to 15 seconds to get you on the ground and hurt you real bad for the rest of your life.
Thats.......
If I decided not to end your life with a few select elbows to your temple and larynx.
I can do it and have done it.
Being brave on the keyboard and being able to back it up in person are 2 different things.
And you know you are a coward obviously.
You prove it all the time on here with your little post.
Only thing worse than knowing you are a coward.
Is knowing everyone knows you are a coward.

Originally Posted by huntsman22
but it's all he's got....
Trust me got more than that sock puppet.Suck his ass but I won;''t. He has mental problems you know it and so do I.
show us...
Originally Posted by huntsman22
show us...

Set tight big boy..
Rickety,

You'll ALWAYS do your best,by simply starting off with fhuqking yourself,so as to yield the most pussy...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

No undercut here,power steering it to the lay with ground provided and undoubtedly,Jap's are still Sword fighting over the yield(9' long butt cleared it up to High Grade). Google as you MUST. Hint.

If only as per always,you are sucking the wrong ass. Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

rummagemaid,

I enjoy the Delusions your Imagination and Pretend provide for you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

There was no need to expound upon your Amazingly Long List Of Very WELL Founded Insecurities,but the oblivious humor is fhuqking appreciated,you Pencil Necked Drooling Fhuqtard. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for WISHING.

Hint.

'22,

Grant her "The BIG Unveil",which will simply consist of a good day for her,being one in which she doesn't schit her pants...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

LAUGHING!......................

Well you do have the shiothead market cornered.
I knew if this thread went long enough, the gay lumberjack would make an appearance.
Crylee,

Ain't it a fhuqking HOOT,that no matter the subject,your Latent Homoerotic Fantasies will carry you through...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart and proclivities.

Hint.

It's nice to know that West Virginia doesn't have a monopoly on inbreeding.

Crylee,

Ain't it a fhuqking HOOT,that no matter the subject,your Latent Homoerotic Fantasies will carry you through...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart and proclivities.

Hint.

Ok, but I’m not the one dressed up like 70s gay porn.
Crylee,

You be SURE to cite your expertise,as only you can...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

PaulBurnedhard,

I find it VERY "surprising" that your Retardation,takes you to your Incestual Background...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

What were the "odds",that a FULL Reverse Retard Stealing Avatars,is predisposed to such a summary? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.......................

Stick,

How did you get the logs out of the bush? Fly them?
Drink,

Never anything bigger than a Vertol,'61 Sikorsky,'64 Sikorsky or Schit Hook. Or a Skookum Tyee,Skagit BU-98,or a Berger. Often a Danebo SkyCar,or a Boman. Hint.

Had to rip both Chinook wood and 'Crane wood,to fly minimum lengths and Pilots LOVED me(because my schit flew) and my turns always rate "last cycle",before a rip. I would always rate 35,000# on the hook and clean,so bid it in Contracts. Hint.

I could always see weight.

Hint.......................(grin)
I built 4 rifles in September:
Deviant Defiance 7mmSTW
Mauser 6.5-06
Mosin 25 Krag Ackley
Rem700 250 Sav

In October:
I drove 900 miles
I sighted the rifles in with bipods shooting prone at 50 yards, 100 yards, and 200 yards.
I sighted them in until they hit the 1/2" red dot at 200 yards on a windless day.

Then I shot 3 deer:
Two were freehand at 100 yards.
One was off a steel fence post at 220 yards.

I was ready to crank knobs... but it did not happen.
Queerkm,

It's your story honey,tell it as you need...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Funny part is,you can't assemble a FIRST Fhuqking Clue. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for your "readiness".

Hint.

As to the op's question I personally dial for every range I'm shooting at. Turret is marked for yardage so I just range, dial and shoot. It's that simple. If I'm sitting in one spot for any length of time I'll range a couple of markers in my immediate vicinity and log them mentally such as a tree or rock or water tank is X yards. Then I'll dial to the one in the middle so if something comes in while I'm glassing it's already too go with maybe a slight adjustment. When I go to move, I dial to 200 while in transit, I've found where I hunt that's the most likely range is get a shot at and anything closer it would work just fine on. As of right now I keep my shots to under 600 yards when I'm hunting. Too much can happen beyond that range that's outside my control. If it's a hurried shot and under 300 I can usually guesstimate close enough on the range to set my dial for a hit. This is for coyotes, porcupines etc. I reckon I won't be changing the way I do things any time soon. It works for me and is pretty simple and fast. My boy is pretty good at it too. Friday starts our deer hunt and got the first time he's got a buck tag, two in fact so he's excited and ready. Good luck on your bear hunt.

Originally Posted by Colorado1135
As to the op's question I personally dial for every range I'm shooting at. Turret is marked for yardage so I just range, dial and shoot. It's that simple. If I'm sitting in one spot for any length of time I'll range a couple of markers in my immediate vicinity and log them mentally such as a tree or rock or water tank is X yards. Then I'll dial to the one in the middle so if something comes in while I'm glassing it's already too go with maybe a slight adjustment. When I go to move, I dial to 200 while in transit, I've found where I hunt that's the most likely range is get a shot at and anything closer it would work just fine on. As of right now I keep my shots to under 600 yards when I'm hunting. Too much can happen beyond that range that's outside my control. If it's a hurried shot and under 300 I can usually guesstimate close enough on the range to set my dial for a hit. This is for coyotes, porcupines etc. I reckon I won't be changing the way I do things any time soon. It works for me and is pretty simple and fast. My boy is pretty good at it too. Friday starts our deer hunt and got the first time he's got a buck tag, two in fact so he's excited and ready. Good luck on your bear hunt.

This Rampant Retardation,is simply funnier than fhuqk! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do you scream "Get some!" pre or post guesstimate? I find it fascinating,that you "think" STUPIDITY is a fhuqking choice,as it is simply a plight and them differences are stark. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

If only in the interest of Absolute HILARITY,describe the particulars of this "sensational" Water Tank Rifle? What receiver? Barrel? RPM? Throat geometry? COAL latitude? Feed mechanism? Base/rings? Scope/reticle/erector? Bullet? Velocity/atmosphere? Hint. LAUGHING!

How/where do you CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktards DREAM this schit up? Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

You need to be more like lil twig. Have you seen the pictures of blacktail he killed in Kodiak 2 decades ago?

Now there’s a picture for a milk carton.

Wow, that's quite the tirade and you really didn't say a whole lot aside from trying to insult me. FYI, Lots of people can shoot as good or better than you, most are humble about it. Hint
You're credibility just tanked as far as I'm concerned, what I do works and works very well. Hint. Not that I thought that much of you to begin with, I at least respected you're knowledge. Doesn't phase me in the slightest what your opinion is. Hint.

Your level of disfunction is in a category all of its own. It doesn't even bother me, it makes me feel sorry for you. You're a person who is blessed with knowledge and could be revered but instead you choose to be this way and tear others down in the hope they feel as dead and empty inside as you do. Such a waste.
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Now there’s a picture for a milk carton.

Or here: https://www.nsopw.gov/
PaulBurnedHard,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Though in fairness,you did haveta' steal your avatar. Hint. LAUGHING!

I rather enjoy the haste in which you schlep your Incredible STUPIDITY,to places it's never been before,as you greedily read my every word and gawk every Splendid Pixel,while you "live" vicariously. What do you plan on Crying about next? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........................

SplitandRun,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Dilldorado,

Rest ASSURED,nobody can insult you better than you can,by simply doing your BEST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'l feign my GREAT "'surprise" that you went Full Pelosi into your Melting Snowflake Crying Karen Routine,which is no fhuqking "act". It's simply fhuqking MAGNIFICENT,that you are powerless in the refrain of your surging Estrogen Levels and it's a nice touch that the tears are real. Hint. LAUGHING!

Pretty fhuqking funny,that you were almost "brave" enough to muse a rifle particular. ALMOST. Hint. LAUGHING!

You are sucking the wrong ass. Hint.

Hint.

Stick is having just waaay too much fun on this thread to be legal........
This Thread is no different than any other. Day Dreaming Do Nothing Drooltards are gonna give talking out their ass a whirl and it simply ain't gonna work for fhuqk all,nor even close. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The Astute will simply procure in accordance and connect dots by literal default,if only as per always. Hint

This rifle fell off my shoulder. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Hint.

Wow, that's quite the tirade and you really didn't say a whole lot aside from trying to insult me. FYI, Lots of people can shoot as good or better than you, most are humble about it. Hint
You're credibility just tanked as far as I'm concerned, what I do works and works very well. Hint. Not that I thought that much of you to begin with, I at least respected you're knowledge. Doesn't phase me in the slightest what your opinion is. Hint.

Your level of disfunction is in a category all of its own. It doesn't even bother me, it makes me feel sorry for you. You're a person who is blessed with knowledge and could be revered but instead you choose to be this way and tear others down in the hope they feel as dead and empty inside as you do. Such a waste.
Big stick is a TOTAL Fruit cake still living back in the 1980,s.He attacks every member on this site unless they suck his A$$ & are one of his Sock puppets that agrees with everything he does.I would not worry for one minute what the douche ball says..OP your post rings true with every word you stated about big stick.He has SERIOUS mental issues that is why his family packed up and left him..
boobie,

I'm happy to hand out all the slack on the rope,that you "think" you can handle and you really are doing "GREAT!"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Drooling Fhuqktards insult yourselves better than I'd ever hope to,by simply doing your BEST. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

The very LAST thing I'd wanna do,is to swipe any of the "thunder" of your Imagination and Pretend,if only because it's all you "have" and that would be mean. You are rather adept at playing the role of a victim,undoubtedly due to a "life" of practice. What do you "do" for a "living" again,if only to connect more Drooltard dots by default. Hint. LAUGHING!

Might I suggest you beat the Martyr Drum a wee bit louder,cite yet again that you "don't care" and wax eloquent upon even more of your AMAZINGLY long list of very WELL founded Insecurities,as you repeatedly melt down. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for doing your absolute fhuqking BEST and the epic oblivious HILARITY associated with your VERY Tender Feelers,you poor poor(literally) Clueless Fhuqktard.

Hint.

Ooooooooopsie...forgot to dangle a picture. Hint.

Another rifle,which fell offa shoulder. Hint.

Yeah I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Too bad to hear about his family, hopefully he gets the help he needs. I won't wish ill on him, sounds like he recruits enough as it is.

Back to the OP and turrets, it's very easy to do for typical hunting ranges say 500-600 yards and less. My first Nikon buckmaster I had I used making tape and a fine tip marker to mark the ranges and had it that way a couple years because it just worked. The new Leupold that same rifle wears now is that way too until the knob I ordered comes in. I don't care how it looks, I like the ease and simplicity of it. Not a fan of the bdc reticles or the hash marks with a drop chart taped to the scope cap or stock. Works for some but not my liking. If that was all I had going into a hunt like he describes then I'd run it and that would be that. To me the fun is developing a load, mounting the scope as close to perfect as possible and taking it to the range and having fun with it. I use strelok for my come ups and I'm increasing yardage and found it to be pretty accurate to get started with. After that's done it's a lot of fun to just shoot. I hunt suppressed and have gotten several people interested in shooting and hunting by just taking them out. It's amazing how many don't do it because they never learned how and are too embarrassed to ask. Getting them out and just shooting rocks off a hillside is a hoot, they call the target, I range and they dial plink and smile. It's a lot of fun, plus reloading with my wife and kids is the other upside. The more folks can do like this the better in my opinion. I digress though. I hope others have fun with it like we do.
Stick’s an idiot. I don’t know if those pictures have anything to do with him or if he stole them from someone’s Facebook page. There are three themes: First, there’s the village people lumberjack. Then there’s some rainbow colored rifle with colored electrical tape wrapped around the lens covers. Finally, there’s some dead animal with a whole bunch of random crap thrown on it for...scale? I’m not buying the angry good will hunting routine. I think he’s just an idiot. Stop looking for the reluctant genius.
It's all good men, hell, I drug ole gator out of the safe yesterday after a short mid-day bowhunt, gator fires a 338 cal 300gr accubond at 3000 fps, I put a small rear sandbag in a pants cargo pocket, crossed the creek and went prone on the leaves, rangefinder was bouncing between 1126 and 1130 yards, I spun 29 moa up and 1 moa right wind on the 2.5-10 NF compact, shooting dew North into a guesstimated 3-4 mph wind from the N/NE, heard three solid hits on the steel, could only see two in the black bull on 10X, rode the ATV up to the gong to see shot three clipped the outside edge of the bullseye at 10 o'clock, three rounds into about 10 inches, not a bad stab and move mobile hunting rig.

Like Colorado1135 said, it's all about having fun, a great distraction from politics as of late.

The correct answer.
Queerkm,

It's your story honey,tell it as you need...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

I have been posting on gun forums since 1994 the usenet rec.guns.

But the most interesting character I have read is Big Stick, formerly NOBODY on snipershide.

He has a style of bravado that brings life to the forum.

Where would we be without him prodding us to do better?

We would devolve in just another forum playing king of the mountain.

I also like George Orwell's 1940 review of Mein Kampf. It explains a lot about people who cannot be satisfied.
Well, as an "Oracle" he did give us all valuable and previously unknown info...a scope that will "Steer" bullets. Maybe that was a typo? Last I knew, or understood, telescopic sights were developed as an "Aide" to help the shooter steer bullets.
I would also like to have blank sheets of the bullet drop info he has pasted to his rifles...they all look fast and easy to use in the field, particularly in low light.

The OP should not have to put up with his B.S.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Queerkm,

Hint.

I have been posting on gun forums since 1994 the usenet rec.guns.

But the most interesting character I have read is Big Stick, formerly NOBODY on snipershide.

He has a style of bravado that brings life to the forum.

Where would we be without him prodding us to do better?

We would devolve in just another forum playing king of the mountain.

I also like George Orwell's 1940 review of Mein Kampf. It explains a lot about people who cannot be satisfied.
Big stick brings NOTHING to this forum except criticism sad but TRUE.At one point in his life folks MIGHT have listened to his knowledge(search his posts 2001-2008 they seem normal) but NOT NOW he has turned into a NUT JOB with all his HINT HINT,Bless your heart 1980,s Jibberish.What happened who knows?Maybe his family leaving him had something to do with it?
The lazy bushelor “watched” a guy shoot a 4, while she sat on the sidelines waving Pom poms??? 😂😂 what a sorry cuunt you are Larry. This is a all time low even for you!! Haha
I love turrets and blue tape, I cannot deny!! Look real close you can see both. From the wide open prairies of Montana.....
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

To western wa Roosevelt country, turrets ensure success!!!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fresh from the kelpbed and Crockett chronicles......................

Ps, all periods means I’m real serious!!! Haha 😂😂
Big stick has been exposed for his NUT JOB POSTS read his profile when he starts to off the rails in 8/26/14 page 362 about Kimber quality.What the hell happened to you big stick?So much to offer so much to lose.
boobie,

WHY are you so mean to me,you KNOW I've never even seen a Kimber and you probably have...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to the Unbridled HILARITY of your Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude,you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart and ALL of them exceedingly WELL founded Insecurities.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
Thanks Larry Mikulecky (big stick) Hint.I feel sorry for you and what you been threw.
boobie,

Cheer up,I was sandbagging and HAVE "seen" a Kimber,though you haven't...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you though,imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Twin 6XC's Hint. LAUGHING!

"Probably" a Six Twat-Six,if I had to through a guess threw,you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk. Hint. Laughing!

Hint.

boobie,

Cheer up,I was sandbagging and HAVE "seen" a Kimber,though you haven't...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you though,imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Twin 6XC's Hint. LAUGHING!

"Probably" a Six Twat-Six,if I had to through a guess threw,you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk. Hint. Laughing!

Hint.

WOW STICK.I got a BONER (1980,s talk)what a nice fleet of colored coded rifles you have there. crazy Can you supply any videos of you throwing those Kimbers around and dialing scopes? Love the Ruff fuggin vids..
boobie,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that the only thing you can talk about in the first hand,are your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now what exactly were the "odds",that despite great fanfare,you repeatedly declared you "don't care" and then you RE-Meltdown,you Magnificently Whining Retarded Crying Karen Melting Snowflake Brokedick Kchunt. Hint. LAUGHING!

You really are a "rugged" kchunt,ain'tcha'?!? LAUGHING!!!

VERY "surprising",that besides being a CLUELESS Kchunt,that you also just "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint. LAUGHING!

Beings Imagination and Pretend are all you "have",I'll happily concoct more heartfelt Insecurities for you to wax eloquent upon,with your never ending Tear Streamed Vagina Monologue. Hint.

'Nother Kimber here and now you can say you've "seen" one of Bob's Unit One's. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for doing your BEST though and rest fhuqking ASSURED,that is the ONLY fhuqking reason it is soooooooooo fhuqking HILARIOUS! Read that again. Now one more time.

Hint.

What do you do with so many different rifles? What’s the point?
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
The OP should not have to put up with his B.S.

I'm OK with it.

The writing style is a challenge but he's adamant about first principles and that's rarely wrong. He's made me rethink a lot of what I'm doing.

Any of us can walk away from any of it at any time.

Okie John
CryLee,

I ain't tough enough to set,wonder and ride the pine,like you and your ilk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

okie,

The Astute simply grab facts and go and marvel at the Whiners left behind...as they set and Whine.(grin)

None too difficult to sort. Hint.

Maybe you should just buy a Burris Eliminator and skip right to shooting. grin
Originally Posted by BillyE
They are his insecurity blanket. laugh
Alas...Burris can't even make a mechanical scope that works. Hint. LAUGHING!

Tough to beat a 224 ARC Blanket,that'll Smooch magfed 88's. You gals better kickstart your Google,yet again. Hint. LAUGHING!

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
Nice Humboldt and nice hinge.
We've cut a money tree or two...of a different variety
...acacia koa...
When you need to make a phone call.
Originally Posted by coobie
Big stick has been exposed for his NUT JOB POSTS read his profile when he starts to off the rails in 8/26/14 page 362 about Kimber quality.What the hell happened to you big stick?So much to offer so much to lose.

In 2014 , he found out he’d been sleeping with a dude.
'F,

I feel your pain. Hint.

Laughing!...............

Boob,

It is VERY "surprising",that the only thing you can ever offer in the first hand,is your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor heart(literally).

Hint.

Stick thinks we’re poor frown
'F,

I feel your pain. Hint.

Laughing!...............

Boob,

It is VERY "surprising",that the only thing you can ever offer in the first hand,is your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor heart(literally).

Hint.

A 6 footer I see
CryLee,

I enjoy how you Crying Karens so very fhuqking reliably Meltdown,then "magically" transform yourselves into a "we"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for Crying though.

Hint.

Boob,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks are a hoot! Hint. LAUGHING!

At least you can "afford" to "live" vicariously. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Dreaming though.

hint.

Kimbers are generally crap and no wonder Shorty has a bunch of short action ones. 😂
I’m not too worried about your opinion of me, Stick.
Big Stick. Giving everything good a bad name for a looong time.
I think stick's pretty funny myself.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Blah blah blah estrogen blah blah poor blah blah bless your heart, Karen, imagination is free, Hint?!?!?

LAUGHING!!!!
Dialing makes sense when you are sighting in for sure. LOL!

I just picked up a 6x superchicken MQ a couple weeks ago, took me three shots to dial it in for 200 yards (I saw the first shot hit the paper two targets over).

I may never turn the dials otherwise because the glass has all the range I might ever use for my 308 win.
MAM,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fascinatingly HILARIOUS,that even a drooling Fhuqktard as STUPID as you,KNOWS better than to try to "talk" rifles or their particulars. I "wonder" why that is?!? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for doing your best though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

KchuntShoot,

I enjoy how your Melting Snowflake Crying Karen Routine,is assuredly no "act"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You gals are a "rugged" lot and REALLY "know" your "stuff". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart for Crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Cryball,

I enjoy your brazenly schlepping STUPIDITY to places it's never been before...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your ass sucking heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

CryLee,

Do NOT "forget",that Imagination and Pretend are THE most Sincere forms of Flattery...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If only because you are forced to "live" vicariously. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Whining.

Hint.

RM',

The above 308 stoked with Skinners and a 200yd zero,just "might" cover a fair bit of Real Estate,by simply looking through the fhuqking thing. Hint.

Or so I hear,through The Grapevine. Hint.

Though in fairness,I cain't know how it would do in the weather? Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

What?

Best reason ever...because he damned well wants them.

Are you sure you are on the right forum?

I've seen a few stocks made from Koa...beautiful.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
So does his family who left him..
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Best reason ever...because he damned well wants them.

Are you sure you are on the right forum?

Amen.
Cluck,

Only YOU,can prevent you,from saying something fhuqking STUPID and I enjoy the Fact,that you can't even come close to "doing" that "much"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Time for you to yet again,fill out another Hurt Feelers Report,as you wax eloquent upon your very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

barreldye,

Don't forget,that Crying Karens will ALWAYS find fhuqking something to Cry about and most often their pay check. Hint.

'STUART,

I just never learned how to linger. Hint.

CryLee is a rather "lucky" kchunt and her tears are HILARIOUSLY heartfelt. Hint.

Bless her poor poor(literally) heart.

Hint.

'F,

I've only murdered King Koa's. Hint.

boobie,

How goes your TRYING to "convince" yourself,that you "don't care"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your best,with what INCREDIBLY fhuqking little you "have" to "work" with.

Hint.

AKlaverne,

Don't be too tough on her,just be sure to ask her what she "does" for a "living",which mandates her "living" vicariously in such grandiose fashion...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Only "fair",to keep her tears flowin'. Hint.

It wasn’t a criticism. It was a question. I don’t have any desire to have two dozen similar rifles, so I thought there might be more to the story. But I guess not. I don’t give a [bleep] if he has a thousand. It was just a question. Damn you people are sensitive.
CryLee,

You haven't the "means","abilities" or "comprehension" to "do" anything other than Whine and it's FUNNIER than fhuqk,that you "think" that is a "choice"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You take sensitivity to new levels,if only due your INCREDIBLY long list of very WELL founded Insecurities. Read that again. now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Might I suggest,that you keep TRYING to "convince" yourself,that you "don't care",you HILARIOUSLY Whining Clueless Fhuqktard. Hint. Laughing!

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your BEST.

Hint.

CryLee,

You haven't the "means","abilities" or "comprehension" to "do" anything other than Whine and it's FUNNIER than fhuqk,that you "think" that is a "choice"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You take sensitivity to new levels,if only due your INCREDIBLY long list of very WELL founded Insecurities. Read that again. now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Might I suggest,that you keep TRYING to "convince" yourself,that you "don't care",you HILARIOUSLY Whining Clueless Fhuqktard. Hint. Laughing!

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your BEST.

Hint.

I’m not perfect, but finances are not a weakness for me.
[Linked Image]

Ripping Koa

[Linked Image]

Koa glued and pinned

I’m not perfect, but finances are not a weakness for me.

They are for me, otherwise I would be shopping at Dorleac and Dorleac.
Nice work Clark!
Even straight grained, koa can be beautiful with contrasting stripes. ...but if you ever see a curly piece properly sawn and finished...my god, the wood looks like it has a living fire inside it. Of course pieces like that go for $150 a board foot and up.

I'm coming full circle now. Last summer, my son did a project collecting koa seed, growing them to seedling and outplanting to reforest. I've still got about 50 seedlings in my backyard!

...apologies to the OP for my tangent. Carry on folks.
My opinion is I zero most all of my long guns from 223 up to 375 at around 250 yards. Gives me a 0-300 yard no brainer shoot without having to think. In my little brain, once they cross the 300 yard mark, it only takes me a 1/2 a second to reference a range card or a tape on the turret to put the round as on point as I can shoot. I just naturally shoot better and faster if I use the main center of the reticle, maybe using a windage mark or two if wind is a thing. Some folks like using a reticle for holdover and if it works, then I'd say stick with it, but I don't generally waste a bunch of time dialing a mil or whatever and getting to aiming the rifle. It is reassuring to me the rifle will put the round exactly where I tell it to at any yardage if my zero and atmospherics are good.

The 3x9 is simply a fantastic hunting scope in my opinion. Honestly with the turret tapes like DF uses you really only need a dope chart to access if you're dealing with wind.

For hunting, I'm not a dialer. I use a .257 Weatherby mag sighted in at 300 yards. Drop at 400 is 8 inches, so for that distance I would hold the crosshair right on an animal's back. In the heat of hunting, with an adrenalin rush, there is no time to think about much except finding the animal in your scope. If over 400 yards I won't take the shot. That is really specialty stuff. But a ballistic reticle would seem better to me than dialing for over 400 yards if you understand your markings.

Even for a 400 yard shot there is most times no need for holdover if the animal is elevated above or below you, a situation that happens quite often. In this situation, if you aim at the top of the back, you will shoot over the animal.
Originally Posted by mrmarklin

For hunting, I'm not a dialer...... <snip>...... In this situation, if you aim at the top of the back, you will shoot over the animal.

Your conclusion makes an excellent case for dialing, or holding in a MRAD or Mildot Ret, your ACTUAL dope. No guesswork or approximations involved.
Originally Posted by Wrongside

For hunting, I'm not a dialer...... <snip>...... In this situation, if you aim at the top of the back, you will shoot over the animal.

Your conclusion makes an excellent case for dialing, or holding in a MRAD or Mildot Ret, your ACTUAL dope. No guesswork or approximations involved.

Agreed on the dialing/holding verified DOPE, but it’d take a lot of shooting at various distances and inclination/declination angles to get DOPE for every possible combination. That’s one place where ballistic solvers do a very good job, once you’ve got good DOPE on flat ground, since it’s a simple and accurate calculation to take the cosine of the inclination angle.
Yes, my Leica 1600-B does a very good job with those angles, giving me a solution in yrds, which I dial on my scope. I always shoot to verify. Very nice system, directions for set up are reasonably easy to use..even for an old fart like me.
Yes, my Leica 1600-B does a very good job with those angles, giving me a solution in yrds, which I dial on my scope. I always shoot to verify. Very nice system, directions for set up are reasonably easy to use..even for an old fart like me.
If over 400 yards I won't take the shot.

Normally I’d agree, but the guide has told me that shots could be 400 yards or a bit beyond, so I’m preparing for that.

In the heat of hunting, with an adrenalin rush, there is no time to think about much except finding the animal in your scope.

I occasionally have this problem when the range is 30-40 yards and I have 2-3 seconds to shoot, which is common when still-hunting blacktails. At 100-150 yards I may have 5-6 seconds but I use that time for mechanics: getting into a sling, building a solid position, etc. I spend a LOT of the pre-season getting to where I can do that stuff without thinking so I’m free to focus on the shot itself. When the crosshairs settle on the animal, I want my mind to be empty except for the crosshairs and the feeling of the trigger under my finger.

But a ballistic reticle would seem better to me than dialing for over 400 yards if you understand your markings.

I’ve gotten hits a bit beyond 400 by holding over and hits out to 800 by dialing, although my dialing experience is close to three decades old. I’m looking for the line where it makes sense to start dialing. Based on the responses to this thread, it looks like that's at MPBR, or about 300 yards for a 30-06/180, which is what I'm using for this hunt.

Even for a 400 yard shot there is most times no need for holdover if the animal is elevated above or below you, a situation that happens quite often. In this situation, if you aim at the top of the back, you will shoot over the animal.

I’ve hunted this area extensively. I fully expect a significant difference in elevation between me and my target. Shooting over—or any other lack of precision that could result in a wounded or lost animal—is exactly what I’m trying to avoid.

Looks like I'll be dialing.

Okie John
The "Over or Under" shooting of a target at significant elevation difference should not be an issue if using a good compensating laser range finder......

My RF does the math for me and compensates for the angle, whether bow or rifle hunting.
So, for me again... it's dial time for anything past my PBR.

If there isn't time to range a target before it gets away, there's little doubt that you really have time for much more than a WAG and a hold over or painting with a mil or moa reticle....imo of course.

16 pages and no discussion of the Burris Eliminator approach? Built in range finder, on-board ballistics calculator, red dot lights up telling you where to aim. Seems like the perfect solution. There must be something wrong with it or folks that obsess with LR shooting/hunting would be all over it like Stick on 6x42 Super Chickens.
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
The "Over or Under" shooting of a target at significant elevation difference should not be an issue if using a good compensating laser range finder......

My RF does the math for me and compensates for the angle, whether bow or rifle hunting.
So, for me again... it's dial time for anything past my PBR.

If there isn't time to range a target before it gets away, there's little doubt that you really have time for much more than a WAG and a hold over or painting with a mil or moa reticle....imo of course.

My thoughts exactly and chances are if it’s that far it’d be a heckuva time to get a stable position and make sure the animal was where I could get to it and find it post shot.
Originally Posted by Wrongside

Agreed on the dialing/holding verified DOPE, but it’d take a lot of shooting at various distances and inclination/declination angles to get DOPE for every possible combination. That’s one place where ballistic solvers do a very good job, once you’ve got good DOPE on flat ground, since it’s a simple and accurate calculation to take the cosine of the inclination angle.

My HD-B's compensate for angle. Paired with a RZ6 or RZ8 depending on the gun I have had no problems hitting targets out to 600 yards.
Anyone dial on a handgun?

I don't have a scoped XP100 in mind. I'm thinking the kind of handgun where the muzzle velocity is under 2000fps, maybe just 1500, and the BC's are pretty low so that it's dropping 6" fifty yards past zero and triple that after another 50 yards.
The animals beyond 600 yards I was dialing a 7mmRM or 6.5-06.

I used the reticle for lots of animals at 400 yards..
Last evening my son and I were looking for a good whitetail buck overlooking a deep draw. Far ridge was 500 yards to the gate at the crest of it so we had it pretty well covered. Group of does comes out and we watch them feed across the hill waiting for a buck to come by. All of a side the does go on alert and tail go up, a couple bolt and most just get real nervous. Coyote slips up from a little wash and tries through the group. I dial for my boy and the coyote does a flip and a spin before crawling into a patch of brush. 465 yards on a walking coyote in the grass is a pretty good shot for a 12 year old. I think he's still grinning in his sleep.
Thread is a bit of a hot mess but we recently ran an extensive field test with some of the most well respected shooters and Dialing any time beyond intial zero was determined to be a better solution for western hunting.

That’s a nice pic, Burnsie
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Thread is a bit of a hot mess but we recently ran an extensive field test with some of the most well respected shooters and Dialing any time beyond intial zero was determined to be a better solution for western hunting.

Like I said in another thread, John: if everybody did what you did, there would be a lot of guys dicking your wife.

Like I said in another thread, John: if everybody did what you did, there would be a lot of guys dicking your wife.

WTF?

Care to expand on your weird thinking?

WTF?

Care to expand on your weird thinking?
That really was a stupid thing to say.

Precisely!

God damn that’s a lot a meat hangin!! 👍

All leupold failures I take it John?? 😂😂
Originally Posted by Judman

God damn that’s a lot a meat hangin!! 👍

All leupold failures I take it John?? 😂😂

Some Vortex.

Jerry Miculek and Rubin A ran Vortex optics, which worked very well.

Most others including Kyle Lamb had Leupold which also worked very well.

Lots of very good optics these days.

Lets give you another chance Douche Nozzle.

Care to expand????
That pic that is 5472 pixels wide [ someone forgot to resize resample to 1000 pixels wide] shows Devil's tower in the background..... so I guess it is WY.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
That pic that is 5472 pixels wide [ someone forgot to resize resample to 1000 pixels wide] shows Devil's tower in the background..... so I guess it is WY.

Nobody forgot.

Devils Tower.

There’s deer near devils tower?? You don’t say!!

That road to hulett is sketchy evening riding a pedal bike on a summer morning.
© 24hourcampfire