Home
Posted By: Motown Vortex Razor Sale @ EuroOptic - 02/20/21
FYI Eurooptic has the Vortex Razor LH 1.5-8 on sale for $399 and the 2-10 for $449 with free shipping and both with the G4 reticle. Just ordered another 1.5-8 for my 308 Tikka superlite and couldn’t turn it up for this price.

https://www.eurooptic.com/RZR-6638-Razor-HD-LH-15-8x32-Riflescope-with-G4-BDC-RZR-6638.aspx

https://www.eurooptic.com/RZR-1565-Razor-HD-LH-2-10x40-Riflescope-with-G4-BDC---RZR-15.aspx
I am not for or against these scopes. But I found some info for anyone considering one:

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/vortex-razor-lh-2-10-review.6963921/
I have the 1.5-8 and love it. Ordered another.

Thanks!!!
Im not spending any money

im not spending any money
IMO I don't think you are gonna find anything close to these scopes at this price point. They are Japanese made and are a great set and forget optic. The clicks are not that great and pretty mushy, but if you dont plan on dialing then who cares.
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Haha I said the same thing but finally caved. This model was discontinued so I image finding them at this price again will not be easy. Hell I am really thinking about ordering another even though I dont need it just yet.
Originally Posted by Motown
IMO I don't think you are gonna find anything close to these scopes at this price point. They are Japanese made and are a great set and forget optic. The clicks are not that great and pretty mushy, but if you dont plan on dialing then who cares.

The 1.5-8 just works for me. Good eye relief and generous eye box makes it easy to shoulder and shoot from less than ideal positions.

Haha I said the same thing but finally caved. This model was discontinued so I image finding them at this price again will not be easy. Hell I am really thinking about ordering another even though I dont need it just yet.

Yeah, I don't "need" it, but couldn't pass it up at the price.
Originally Posted by goalie

The 1.5-8 just works for me. Good eye relief and generous eye box makes it easy to shoulder and shoot from less than ideal positions.

Any mounting issues with this shorter scope.
Originally Posted by Remington280

Any mounting issues with the shorter scope.

I have two 1.5-8x32 and two 2-10x40s mounted on m77 short actions without issue.
The review from the europtics page is interesting .....

...."actually put this vortex on my lwrc sporting rifle ,I can hit a man sized target with some alacrity even at 250 meters ,this is one clear marvelous rifle scope,very useful in the hindu kush area for sporting purposes."...

Any mounting issues with this shorter scope.

Nope.

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]
I had the 2-10x G4 version and it's a nice scope...the glass and FOV are highlights most definitely. Interestingly, Eurooptic has the incorrect FOV listed in its specs. It should be 56.2-10.8 ft/100 yds. The turrets are indeed mushy (not as bad as something like a Burris Fullfield or old Bushnell Banner though) and I hated the old style diopter controls. I've seen a few reports of failures but I wouldn't let that sway your opinion. I've had to use Vortex's warranty with several PST Gen 2s and the process was smooth of course.

I originally purchased the Razor for a 6.5 Grendel Mini Action woods rifle. I rotate between glasses/contacts/none and I need to be able to readily adjust focus. The Razor reminded me why I only have one scope remaining in my inventory with the locking diopter adjustment (a Redfield on a 10/22 for the kids). I ended up selling the Razor to fund another long range optic for a precision AR. I have no regrets about letting it go (unlike my old Diamondback HP 2-8x).

I ended up using a Weaver Grand Slam 2-8x36 for that rifle and it was a better fit (despite slightly more narrow FOV at 2x). The glass on the Weaver isn't quite up to the Razor (it's not off by much), but I found the Weaver was a better overall package for my application with much better controls/turrets and compact size. The G4 is about a perfect hunting reticle though...it almost had me keeping the scope.

The current prices are close to the lowest I've seen (Amazon had them a bit lower a year or so ago). I recall that I paid $530 from SWFA in June 2018 so they are definitely a good buy right now.
Originally Posted by Cotay
I had the 2-10x G4 version and it's a nice scope...the glass and FOV are highlights most definitely. Interestingly, Eurooptic has the incorrect FOV listed in its specs. It should be 56.2-10.8 ft/100 yds. The turrets are indeed mushy (not as bad as something like a Burris Fullfield or old Bushnell Banner though) and I hated the old style diopter controls. I've seen a few reports of failures but I wouldn't let that sway your opinion. I've had to use Vortex's warranty with several PST Gen 2s and the process was smooth of course.

I originally purchased the Razor for a 6.5 Grendel Mini Action woods rifle. I rotate between glasses/contacts/none and I need to be able to readily adjust focus. The Razor reminded me why I only have one scope remaining in my inventory with the locking diopter adjustment (a Redfield on a 10/22 for the kids). I ended up selling the Razor to fund another long range optic for a precision AR. I have no regrets about letting it go (unlike my old Diamondback HP 2-8x).

I ended up using a Weaver Grand Slam 2-8x36 for that rifle and it was a better fit (despite slightly more narrow FOV at 2x). The glass on the Weaver isn't quite up to the Razor (it's not off by much), but I found the Weaver was a better overall package for my application with much better controls/turrets and compact size. The G4 is about a perfect hunting reticle though...it almost had me keeping the scope.

The current prices are close to the lowest I've seen (Amazon had them a bit lower a year or so ago). I recall that I paid $530 from SWFA in June 2018 so they are definitely a good buy right now.

The Weaver Grand Slam 2-8x36 replaced the Ruepold 2.5-8x36 for me
Recently picked up a 2-10 that I haven't even mounted yet, pretty sure I like it.

Might as well buy 2 more of each....phuggit.

Orders down range. Thanks

Sportsmans had them a little lower when they were blowing them out 15 months ago, but yeah, the price is pretty darn good. I’m tempted to try one (as I was then).

The last Weaver GS scopes, before Vista Outdoor shut them down, are a hidden gem. I actually think the build quality is superior to the Razor HD LH...the GS just feels tighter and more solid. It's an interesting example of how LOW builds scopes to different specs. I regret not buying a bunch of the Grand Slams when Natchez was blowing them out. Now they are selling used for 2x-4x those prices.

The last Weaver GS scopes, before Vista Outdoor shut them down, are a hidden gem. I actually think the build quality is superior to the Razor HD LH...the GS just feels tighter and more solid. It's an interesting example of how LOW builds scopes to different specs. I regret not buying a bunch of the Grand Slams when Natchez was blowing them out. Now they are selling used for 2x-4x those prices.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bh..._800610_grand_slam_2_8x36_matte.html/amp

This one? Or the version before?

Originally Posted by AKwolverine

That one and the 800612 (EB-X) and 800614 (Ballistic-X) models. Or really any of that last generation of GS. I have a 3-12x50 EB-X as well...all excellent. They are not being currently manufactured so I don't know why B&H says that it can be had on special order. Natchez was the last place to have them new retail and was selling the 800612 and 800614 models for half of what B&H lists.
Ordered a few hours ago, just got a tracking number.

😃
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Recently picked up a 2-10 that I haven't even mounted yet, pretty sure I like it.

I generally loathe Vortex but I can vouch for this model.
I was compelled to order a couple myself. smile

Motown - much obliged.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by SKane

Motown - much obliged.

So, guys, if I LOVE the 1.5-8, you think I would equally love the 2-20????

Yep. The 2-10 too. laugh

Yep. The 2-10 too. laugh

Thanks!!!

(And I was in the Corps, we should just be happy I'm not eating crayons and spray painting phallic symbols on stuff)

Motown - much obliged.

Couldn't say - haven't put eyes to a 1.5-8 yet...but based on my sample of one 2-10, you'll like it.

Anymore if I like something I just say fuggit and buy 3-4 (5). Easier that way, lol.
Well this thread cost me some money. Thinking one of these will be perfect for the Kimber Hunter 308.

Motown - much obliged.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

No problem. I also normally stay away from Vortex scopes but the Razor line is pretty damn impressive.
Someone please do me a favor and take a through the scope picture so I can see a "real world" representation of the G4 BDC reticle.

Much obliged.
Anyone have a photo of the markings on the underside of the erector housing? Are these made in Japan? If Japan are they made by LOW or JOL?
Back in a thread from 2017 R H Clark said they were made by LOW; thread linked below.

Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I bought the 1.5-8X32 for my Kimber Montana. Great glass and great eye box. They haven't really been out long enough to speak to build quality. I will say however that I trust the construction more than a Leupold. The HD LH scopes are made by LOW in Japan,a very well respected manufacturer.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11734575/Re:_Vortex_razor_hd_LH
It says JLO
It says JLO

JOL?
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Someone please do me a favor and take a through the scope picture so I can see a "real world" representation of the G4 BDC reticle.

Much obliged.

Originally Posted by kingston
Anyone have a photo of the markings on the underside of the erector housing? Are these made in Japan? If Japan are they made by LOW or JOL?

Best I can muster - off my 2-10...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Not blurry at all
It says JLO

JOL?

No JLo
I like that reticle
It says JLO

JOL?

No JLo

As in big ass?
It says JLO

JOL?

No JLo

https://www.jolusa.com/

Post a picture.
Hillestadj - I know you are also a fan of the Kahles 2-7 - how does the 1.5-8 compare?
Appreciated ...
Thanks J
R H Clark said they were made by LOW

Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I bought the 1.5-8X32 for my Kimber Montana. Great glass and great eye box. They haven't really been out long enough to speak to build quality. I will say however that I trust the construction more than a Leupold. The HD LH scopes are made by LOW in Japan,a very well respected manufacturer.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11734575/Re:_Vortex_razor_hd_LH

He must be thinking about the new HD LHT replacements for the discontinued HD LH.
That thread was from 2017.

Was he mistaken?
It says JLO

JOL?

No JLo

https://www.jolusa.com/

Post a picture.

Kingston is so slow

Was he mistaken?

My bad, I thought that was a recent comment in this thread. It wasn't clear that it was from 2017.

Was he mistaken?

My bad, I thought that was a recent comment in this thread. It wasn't clear that it was from 2017.

No worries; edited to clarify.
So the old ones were LOW and the new ones are not? I’m not up to speed on vortex at all so appreciate the education.
Both the LH HD and LHT are all made in japan. Whether that means LOW I don't know. I have a couple of the 1.5-8 and 2-10 and I can't say I really paid attention to how crisp the clicks are as I dont dial them, they are capped turrets. They have been easy to zero or change zero on, accurate enough I haven't had to do the Leupold dance when changing a zero its been reliable to change and moved pretty much whats advertised so they zero easily.

I do feel that optically the LH HD are a step up from say a VX3 and even a little better than a meopro 3-9x40, They are reasonably light and compact except the ocular is a little bulky. The 1.5-8 in particular is quite compact and is a nice scope for a compact rifle. One of mine is on a RCM rifle and it makes a very nice package.

All 4 of my LH HD's have the G4 reticle and I have to say I am liking it more and more for a short range reticle, Its very good in low light or where a bold cross hair is desired for rapid acquisition with the very heavy cross hairs and the fine dot works well enough for zeroing or group shooting.

As for hold over, I think a simple burris BP or Leupold LRD/or B&C is a little easier to work out drops for. The reference marks in LH HD G4 are spaced a little to far apart compared to the scopes that I typically use.

I have no experience with the LH HD 3-15, but I had read reviews and saw one on you tube where it didn't track perfectly. I do have one 3-15 LHT and so far so good, but I got it last fall and its been a snowy year and haven't really done much shooting and so haven't given it a work out yet. I have one more application for another, but would like to shoot the first 3-15 LHT a little before I commit to another.
The 2-10’s are gone ...
Tried to order 2-10x40 G4 BDC but looks like they are sold out. If anyone ordered one and changes their mind or wants the other reticle. Please let me know. Thanks, Mike
Originally Posted by Condition Yellow
The 2-10’s are gone ...

Wonder how many this thread accounted for? laugh
Originally Posted by Condition Yellow
The 2-10’s are gone ...

Wonder how many this thread accounted for? laugh

I shoulda bought two. Only got one of each.

☹️
You can still get the 2-10 with the HSR-4 reticle for $429.

https://www.eurooptic.com/RZR-1558-Razor-HD-LH-2-10x40-Riflescope-with-HSR-4---RZR-155.aspx

Anyone have first hand experience with that reticle. How is it in low light?
Hillestadj - I know you are also a fan of the Kahles 2-7 - how does the 1.5-8 compare?
Appreciated ...

Can't say, ordered my first 1.5-8's today. I'll let you know when I have them in hand.

Based on my current sample of one 2-10 in hand my initial impressions are the Razor has better clarity all the way out to the edges and the Razor definitely wins in eye relief. I like the G4 BDC reticle in the open but I haven't had it in the woods yet - 99% sure there wont be a problem there. Not sure I love the reticle focus adjustment on the Razor and aesthetically they look "cheap" IMO. No deal breakers there.

I've got 10-11 Kahles 2-7x36s spread between 3 households now, safe to say they're a favorite and they aren't going anywhere. But they're going for stupid money these days and they aint getting any younger so I'm happy to have a couple Razors in the mix if they stand up over time.
⬆️👍

The hits, they just keep on coming! grin
⬆️👍

The hits, they just keep on coming! grin

Wish I was getting commission for all these sales!😂
It seems like the G4 reticle was highly preferred over the HSR-4. Why is that?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It seems like the G4 reticle was highly preferred over the HSR-4. Why is that?

I’d like to know too. Anyone own one with the HSR4 reticle? If so, can you post a picture of the reticle looking through the scope? Is it bold enough for low light woods hunting?

Thanks,
Mike
Good question above, how bold is the subtensions on the HSR4 reticle, low light?
Good question above, how bold is the subtensions on the HSR4 reticle, low light?

Spoke to a salesperson at Eurooptic. He said he uses and really likes the HSR reticle. I ordered one. Will post a review comparing the HSR and G4 reticle when I receive them.
Originally Posted by mikestaten

Spoke to a salesperson at Eurooptic. He said he uses and really likes the HSR reticle. I ordered one. Will post a review comparing the HSR and G4 reticle when I receive them.

Thanks
I have a 2-10 with the G4 reticle. For me the G4 is easily the better option. The HSR4 is too busy for my liking. Optically the razor beats out the 2-10 VX-5 for me.
Looks like they raised the price of the 1.5-8 from $399 to $429.
Just entered in payment info to order One of the 1.8-8 . Then I cancelled when they added sales tax. Just out of principal. Greedy fugking politicians
Not great pictures but this gives you an idea of the two reticles. The reticles are bolder than the pictures would indicate. The portions of the crosshairs that are heavy are significantly thicker than those of a standard leupold duplex, probably twice as thick or maybe even more

Attached picture E08A64FE-38C4-457F-9623-F64E0029BE90.jpeg
Attached picture DDD5EA31-F636-4878-9FCE-896B476D7E40.jpeg
Thanks again for the heads-up OP!!!

Goalie - I would be interested in your opinion on how well you think that reticle will work in deer hunting applications ... specifically hardwood ridges/bottoms and even heavy timber?
Originally Posted by Mid_MO_Hunter
Goalie - I would be interested in your opinion on how well you think that reticle will work in deer hunting applications ... specifically hardwood ridges/bottoms and even heavy timber?

Oh, I love it. I've had the 1.5-8x on a .308 for a while, and it's great in the thick stuff. I wouldn't complain if it was illuminated, but I've shot dozens of deer with non illuminated worse glass scopes.
I've got the 1.5-8 in route. Gotta figure out what I'm going to put it on..
Originally Posted by Mid_MO_Hunter

I have the 1.5-8 with G4BDC and the 2-10 with the HSR4 reticle. I think either will be ok for woods deer hunting but the G4BDC is probably the best non illuminated reticle I’ve seen for the hunting you describe. The crosshairs are really thick towards the outer part and get very fine just at the middle part. I’ll be mounting that one on a Browning BLR in 308 and that will be my primary eastern woods deer rifle. Going to throw the 2-10 on a Winchester Extreme Weather in 300WSM. I think the other reticle will be great for longer shots.

No problem at all. My 1.5-8 just showed up a few days ago and I also decided to order another one to keep around. Don't need it yet but I’m sure I will in the future.

No problem at all. My 1.5-8 just showed up a few days ago and I also decided to order another one to keep around. Don't need it yet but I’m sure I will in the future.

I didn't need it either, but the Howa in 6.5manbun that I put a youth stock on for my little guy did.....

I didn't need it either, but the Howa in 6.5manbun that I put a youth stock on for my little guy did.....

Thats a nice little setup. My son is 11 and just went to a full size stock this year when he got his CA Mesa which is also a 6.5 manbun as well. Its a shame these kids have to struggle with such crappy rifles🙄
Thanks Mike ... that input really helps - never really know what you’re looking at online.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Vortex Razor Sale @ EuroOptic - 03/04/21
How do these compare to the Leupold 2.5-8 in
Brightness at dawn and dusk?

In eye box and eye relief?
Originally Posted by SU35
How do these compare to the Leupold 2.5-8 in
Brightness at dawn and dusk?

In eye box and eye relief?

Glass is a step up from a VX3, meaning brighter in all lighting conditions. EB and ER are both generous.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Vortex Razor Sale @ EuroOptic - 03/04/21
Thanks! for the reply
What kind of eye relief do these scopes have?
Originally Posted by noKnees

I do feel that optically the LH HD are a step up from say a VX3 and even a little better than a meopro 3-9x40, They are reasonably light and compact except the ocular is a little bulky. The 1.5-8 in particular is quite compact and is a nice scope for a compact rifle.

Agreed that these are great optics- I've dragged one across Kodiak for a collective period of weeks at this point, and it's no worse for the wear at all.

Anyone ever verify if these were made by LOW in Japan?
© 24hourcampfire