Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Motown Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
FYI Eurooptic has the Vortex Razor LH 1.5-8 on sale for $399 and the 2-10 for $449 with free shipping and both with the G4 reticle. Just ordered another 1.5-8 for my 308 Tikka superlite and couldn’t turn it up for this price.

https://www.eurooptic.com/RZR-6638-Razor-HD-LH-15-8x32-Riflescope-with-G4-BDC-RZR-6638.aspx

https://www.eurooptic.com/RZR-1565-Razor-HD-LH-2-10x40-Riflescope-with-G4-BDC---RZR-15.aspx

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I am not for or against these scopes. But I found some info for anyone considering one:

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/vortex-razor-lh-2-10-review.6963921/

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have the 1.5-8 and love it. Ordered another.

Thanks!!!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Im not spending any money

im not spending any money

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
M
Motown Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
IMO I don't think you are gonna find anything close to these scopes at this price point. They are Japanese made and are a great set and forget optic. The clicks are not that great and pretty mushy, but if you dont plan on dialing then who cares.

IC B2

M
Motown Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Haha I said the same thing but finally caved. This model was discontinued so I image finding them at this price again will not be easy. Hell I am really thinking about ordering another even though I dont need it just yet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Motown
IMO I don't think you are gonna find anything close to these scopes at this price point. They are Japanese made and are a great set and forget optic. The clicks are not that great and pretty mushy, but if you dont plan on dialing then who cares.

The 1.5-8 just works for me. Good eye relief and generous eye box makes it easy to shoulder and shoot from less than ideal positions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Haha I said the same thing but finally caved. This model was discontinued so I image finding them at this price again will not be easy. Hell I am really thinking about ordering another even though I dont need it just yet.

Yeah, I don't "need" it, but couldn't pass it up at the price.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by goalie

The 1.5-8 just works for me. Good eye relief and generous eye box makes it easy to shoulder and shoot from less than ideal positions.

Any mounting issues with this shorter scope.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Remington280

Any mounting issues with the shorter scope.

I have two 1.5-8x32 and two 2-10x40s mounted on m77 short actions without issue.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The review from the europtics page is interesting .....

...."actually put this vortex on my lwrc sporting rifle ,I can hit a man sized target with some alacrity even at 250 meters ,this is one clear marvelous rifle scope,very useful in the hindu kush area for sporting purposes."...

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Remington280

Any mounting issues with this shorter scope.

Nope.

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

C
C
I had the 2-10x G4 version and it's a nice scope...the glass and FOV are highlights most definitely. Interestingly, Eurooptic has the incorrect FOV listed in its specs. It should be 56.2-10.8 ft/100 yds. The turrets are indeed mushy (not as bad as something like a Burris Fullfield or old Bushnell Banner though) and I hated the old style diopter controls. I've seen a few reports of failures but I wouldn't let that sway your opinion. I've had to use Vortex's warranty with several PST Gen 2s and the process was smooth of course.

I originally purchased the Razor for a 6.5 Grendel Mini Action woods rifle. I rotate between glasses/contacts/none and I need to be able to readily adjust focus. The Razor reminded me why I only have one scope remaining in my inventory with the locking diopter adjustment (a Redfield on a 10/22 for the kids). I ended up selling the Razor to fund another long range optic for a precision AR. I have no regrets about letting it go (unlike my old Diamondback HP 2-8x).

I ended up using a Weaver Grand Slam 2-8x36 for that rifle and it was a better fit (despite slightly more narrow FOV at 2x). The glass on the Weaver isn't quite up to the Razor (it's not off by much), but I found the Weaver was a better overall package for my application with much better controls/turrets and compact size. The G4 is about a perfect hunting reticle though...it almost had me keeping the scope.

The current prices are close to the lowest I've seen (Amazon had them a bit lower a year or so ago). I recall that I paid $530 from SWFA in June 2018 so they are definitely a good buy right now.

Last edited by Cotay; 02/20/21.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Cotay
I had the 2-10x G4 version and it's a nice scope...the glass and FOV are highlights most definitely. Interestingly, Eurooptic has the incorrect FOV listed in its specs. It should be 56.2-10.8 ft/100 yds. The turrets are indeed mushy (not as bad as something like a Burris Fullfield or old Bushnell Banner though) and I hated the old style diopter controls. I've seen a few reports of failures but I wouldn't let that sway your opinion. I've had to use Vortex's warranty with several PST Gen 2s and the process was smooth of course.

I originally purchased the Razor for a 6.5 Grendel Mini Action woods rifle. I rotate between glasses/contacts/none and I need to be able to readily adjust focus. The Razor reminded me why I only have one scope remaining in my inventory with the locking diopter adjustment (a Redfield on a 10/22 for the kids). I ended up selling the Razor to fund another long range optic for a precision AR. I have no regrets about letting it go (unlike my old Diamondback HP 2-8x).

I ended up using a Weaver Grand Slam 2-8x36 for that rifle and it was a better fit (despite slightly more narrow FOV at 2x). The glass on the Weaver isn't quite up to the Razor (it's not off by much), but I found the Weaver was a better overall package for my application with much better controls/turrets and compact size. The G4 is about a perfect hunting reticle though...it almost had me keeping the scope.

The current prices are close to the lowest I've seen (Amazon had them a bit lower a year or so ago). I recall that I paid $530 from SWFA in June 2018 so they are definitely a good buy right now.

The Weaver Grand Slam 2-8x36 replaced the Ruepold 2.5-8x36 for me

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Recently picked up a 2-10 that I haven't even mounted yet, pretty sure I like it.

Might as well buy 2 more of each....phuggit.

Orders down range. Thanks

Last edited by hillestadj; 02/20/21.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Sportsmans had them a little lower when they were blowing them out 15 months ago, but yeah, the price is pretty darn good. I’m tempted to try one (as I was then).

C
C

The last Weaver GS scopes, before Vista Outdoor shut them down, are a hidden gem. I actually think the build quality is superior to the Razor HD LH...the GS just feels tighter and more solid. It's an interesting example of how LOW builds scopes to different specs. I regret not buying a bunch of the Grand Slams when Natchez was blowing them out. Now they are selling used for 2x-4x those prices.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

The last Weaver GS scopes, before Vista Outdoor shut them down, are a hidden gem. I actually think the build quality is superior to the Razor HD LH...the GS just feels tighter and more solid. It's an interesting example of how LOW builds scopes to different specs. I regret not buying a bunch of the Grand Slams when Natchez was blowing them out. Now they are selling used for 2x-4x those prices.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bh..._800610_grand_slam_2_8x36_matte.html/amp

This one? Or the version before?

C
C
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

That one and the 800612 (EB-X) and 800614 (Ballistic-X) models. Or really any of that last generation of GS. I have a 3-12x50 EB-X as well...all excellent. They are not being currently manufactured so I don't know why B&H says that it can be had on special order. Natchez was the last place to have them new retail and was selling the 800612 and 800614 models for half of what B&H lists.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ordered a few hours ago, just got a tracking number.

😃

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,582
Posts18,510,945
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.