Home
Posted By: OGB Hawke Optics - 02/25/21
Was checking them out at my LGS recently. Seem like a lot for the money. Anyone have experience?
Posted By: FWP Re: Hawke Optics - 02/25/21
I have two mounted on different crossbows. They are nice scopes and adjustments are accurate.
Posted By: fortymile Re: Hawke Optics - 02/25/21
I have a Hawke 1.5 to 6 power (Endurance model, illuminated) on a .50 cal muzzleloader. It's a great scope for the money. Easy to sight in, adjustments work as they should, holds zero, and the glass is decent. I have no complaints at all and would buy another.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Hawke Optics - 02/26/21
Best damned China scopes around, as with Athlon. I have about half a dozen I am looking at selling. I have only purchased at discounted prices, pre-2019 and been generally pleased. Consider the view to be very good. Illumination, just ok. Etched reticles, very good. Fairly easy eyebox. Other manufacturers should take notes. But, fuuck China optics.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Hawke Optics - 02/26/21
Originally Posted by OGB
Was checking them out at my LGS recently. Seem like a lot for the money. Anyone have experience?

Ive got two Endurance models and two Vantage...all budget priced and I obviously like them...lot of features for the money.
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Hawke Optics - 02/26/21
I have a couple on spring piston air guns and they've held up well to thousands of rounds.
Posted By: Grady8541 Re: Hawke Optics - 02/26/21
I own several. Optical quality is the best I have seen at the respective price points. Their illuminated reticles go dim enough to actually be useful in low light.
Posted By: NWT Re: Hawke Optics - 02/26/21
Another Sport Optics product manufactured by the Chinese Communist Party.
Do you think the Chinese Communist Party is your friend?
Do you enjoy your freedoms?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Hawke Optics - 02/26/21
Originally Posted by NWT
Another Sport Optics product manufactured by the Chinese Communist Party.
Do you think the Chinese Communist Party is your friend?
Do you enjoy your freedoms?

Preach it brother!

Chink Chink Chink Chink Chink
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Hawke Optics - 02/26/21
From the country that brought us the China virus.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Hawke Optics - 02/26/21
Have three Endurance LER 1” and one Endurance 30. Only two mounted right now, and one of those is set to be replaced. All bought on clearance a while back. No complaints, but I’m trying to avoid Chinese goods for purely political reasons, except for women, which are exempt.
Posted By: NWT Re: Hawke Optics - 02/27/21
Originally Posted by Pappy348
No complaints, but I’m trying to avoid Chinese goods for purely political reasons, except for women, which are exempt.

Pappy,
Yes, some of the Chinese women are world class! Pretty good attitudes also.
The majority of the Chinese people do not like the CCP or want to be ruled by the CCP.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Hawke Optics - 02/27/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2021...utm_term=daily&utm_campaign=20210226
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Hawke Optics - 02/27/21
Originally Posted by NWT
No complaints, but I’m trying to avoid Chinese goods for purely political reasons, except for women, which are exempt.

Pappy,
The majority of the Chinese people do not like the CCP or want to be ruled by the CCP.

Not sure about that last part at all, since expressing one’s politics is kind of chancy for them. I can tell you flat out that the Chinese love their country as much as anyone, and are proud of their culture and history. Not many people are alive that can remember life before the Commies took over, and our love of freedom is simply not understood there, because they’ve never experienced it. The Chinese that I know here ain’t going back, to stay anyway. They do like to go back and visit, but that’s almost impossible now.

I like Korean gals too...

Posted By: rj308 Re: Hawke Optics - 02/27/21
Hooooo Rah!

During my 2 hitches in the USAF, I spent over 5 years of it in Vietnam, Thailand, Japan, Korea, Okinawa and Taiwan. I acquainted many beautiful ladies and knew many fine people in all of those countries. Yes, I like rice.
Fast forward, I took a foreign assignment with my job in 1999. Fast forward again, I married a Romanian woman and I have retired in Romania since 2014.

I have a couple of Hawke scopes. One Endurance 2.5-10x50IR that I've never used on a rifle yet and a Frontier 30 1-5x24IR on my Blaser K95 that I am really liking. It is a hell of a lot of scope for $700. Very good glass, adjustments and a well done illuminated dot reticle. RJ
Reality check...

Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Hawke Optics - 02/27/21
There’s a slim, lovely gal somewhere inside all that extra flesh. Just gotta dig for it.

She used to look like these girls, possibly:

LOL
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Hawke Optics - 02/27/21
I bought an endurance Spotting scope at the recomendation of Doug. no real complaints from it. it does get a bit fuzzy at top zoom range, bu for its price point I expected that. it also wasnt bought to count annular rings on a sheep 4 miles away either. so far its done all ive asked of it
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Hawke Optics - 02/28/21
"I hate myself for loving you."

I can't see anything to complain about, besides the COO. Took the one in front, a 2.5-10x50 off as the mounting space was too short (that what Wi said) and put the 8x56 on there. Been scope swapping for years on this one.

So, yah these three Endurance 30s ( as mentioned plus a 4-16x50), one-inch Endurance 3-9x40 and 4-12x42, and two Vantage 4Xs not shown. I will not buy another, maybe, probably, really most likely not.

Cheerios.

Previously had it on a T3 22-250 in Warne LOWS with a light grind... Today, took another? 3/64ths off to clesr. Fuuckit. I am in it low low low....

Posted By: Remington280 Re: Hawke Optics - 02/28/21
Originally Posted by NWT

Pappy,

Not sure about that last part at all, since expressing one’s politics is kind of chancy for them. I can tell you flat out that the Chinese love their country as much as anyone, and are proud of their culture and history. Not many people are alive that can remember life before the Commies took over, and our love of freedom is simply not understood there, because they’ve never experienced it. The Chinese that I know here ain’t going back, to stay anyway. They do like to go back and visit, but that’s almost impossible now.

I like Korean gals too...

I remember the Asian women clearly...good times in Korea.
Posted By: 308ld Re: Hawke Optics - 02/28/21
Question on the Hawk Vantage and Endurance lines. The Vantage has a 3.5" eye relief through out the line of scopes. The Endurance has 4.0" eye relief through out the line of scopes.

My question is, is the eye relief a constant 3.5/4.0" throughout the power range of the scope? Or just at the lowest power? Does the eye relief decrease as the power increases?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Hawke Optics - 02/28/21
Originally Posted by 308ld
Question on the Hawk Vantage and Endurance lines. The Vantage has a 3.5" eye relief through out the line of scopes. The Endurance has 4.0" eye relief through out the line of scopes.

My question is, is the eye relief a constant 3.5/4.0" throughout the power range of the scope? Or just at the lowest power? Does the eye relief decrease as the power increases?

I have both and the eye relief if pretty constant on both throughout their range. It will shrink slightly on highest power, but not by as much as most competitors. By far the best Ive seen in ANY scope for eye relief was the Hawke Endurance 2x7...

This one...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: 308ld Re: Hawke Optics - 02/28/21
That is impressive. Whats even more impressive, you got it to fit on a No.1!
Posted By: irfubar Re: Hawke Optics - 02/28/21
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
"I hate myself for loving you."

I can't see anything to complain about, besides the COO. Took the one in front, a 2.5-10x50 off as the mounting space was too short (that what Wi said) and put the 8x56 on there. Been scope swapping for years on this one.

So, yah these three Endurance 30s ( as mentioned plus a 4-16x50), one-inch Endurance 3-9x40 and 4-12x42, and two Vantage 4Xs not shown. I will not buy another, maybe, probably, really most likely not.

Cheerios.

Previously had it on a T3 22-250 in Warne LOWS with a light grind... Today, took another? 3/64ths off to clesr. Fuuckit. I am in it low low low....

I like that early Kimber , Boomer.
Scope grinding? that's a solid Stick school of gunsmithing move.... wow
Now get out the rattle cans and finish the job!
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Hawke Optics - 02/28/21
I've been looking for a scope to put on a M7 in 6x45. I was actually browsing Hawke (and a couple of other brands) on the Cameraland website a week or so before this thread started. I'm finding the selection a bit overwhelming. I've been thinking 3-9x40, 2-10x40 or even up to a 12x if I can stay light enough, as this gun is planned to stay reasonably light, and there are many models in the Vantage line that seem to fit the bill, but with minor differences.

The 3030 illuminated reticle seems interesting and doesn't seem to add too much weight. On the other hand, the mil-dot reticle would seem to be a good choice on a moderately flat shooting 6x45 because I can learn the dots and hold on target without the need to dial, something that would be handy for quick shots on coyotes out back of my house.

Like I said. So many choices. I don't know, maybe it's my indecision making it harder.
Posted By: Ghostman Re: Hawke Optics - 02/28/21
Chinese made CRAP
Cabela's has some Burris Fullfield E1 3-9x40s for a buck fifty... Might be worth a look. Says 30mm but the ones I have are 1". COO was The Philippines, but, who knows now that Burris is on the ChiCom train.

The Hawke 30/30 reticle sucks bigly compared to a simple lit dot.

I got my Hawkes on steep discount when bang for the buck was a higher priority than COO, 2027, 2018. Nowadays, I will advocate more for considering COO in decision making, without apology when there's viable options.
Posted By: aalf Re: Hawke Optics - 02/28/21
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Cabela's has some Burris Fullfield E1 3-9x40s for a buck fifty... Might be worth a look. Says 30mm but the ones I have are 1". COO was The Philippines, but, who knows now that Burris is on the ChiCom train.

Those were a special run for Cabelas, they are a 30mm main tube, & from the Philippines.
Thanks aalf. Best buy....
Posted By: hh4whiskey Re: Hawke Optics - 03/02/21
A used one might fit a high X, 22 hunting scope niche for me, but I ain’t planning on propping up Hunter’s coke fund, either.
© 24hourcampfire