Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
"I hate myself for loving you."

I can't see anything to complain about, besides the COO. Took the one in front, a 2.5-10x50 off as the mounting space was too short (that what Wi said) and put the 8x56 on there. Been scope swapping for years on this one.

So, yah these three Endurance 30s ( as mentioned plus a 4-16x50), one-inch Endurance 3-9x40 and 4-12x42, and two Vantage 4Xs not shown. I will not buy another, maybe, probably, really most likely not.

Cheerios.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Previously had it on a T3 22-250 in Warne LOWS with a light grind... Today, took another? 3/64ths off to clesr. Fuuckit. I am in it low low low....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by Pappy348
No complaints, but I’m trying to avoid Chinese goods for purely political reasons, except for women, which are exempt.

Pappy,
Yes, some of the Chinese women are world class! Pretty good attitudes also.
The majority of the Chinese people do not like the CCP or want to be ruled by the CCP.

Not sure about that last part at all, since expressing one’s politics is kind of chancy for them. I can tell you flat out that the Chinese love their country as much as anyone, and are proud of their culture and history. Not many people are alive that can remember life before the Commies took over, and our love of freedom is simply not understood there, because they’ve never experienced it. The Chinese that I know here ain’t going back, to stay anyway. They do like to go back and visit, but that’s almost impossible now.

I like Korean gals too...

I remember the Asian women clearly...good times in Korea.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Question on the Hawk Vantage and Endurance lines. The Vantage has a 3.5" eye relief through out the line of scopes. The Endurance has 4.0" eye relief through out the line of scopes.

My question is, is the eye relief a constant 3.5/4.0" throughout the power range of the scope? Or just at the lowest power? Does the eye relief decrease as the power increases?

Last edited by 308ld; 02/28/21.

Ed
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 308ld
Question on the Hawk Vantage and Endurance lines. The Vantage has a 3.5" eye relief through out the line of scopes. The Endurance has 4.0" eye relief through out the line of scopes.

My question is, is the eye relief a constant 3.5/4.0" throughout the power range of the scope? Or just at the lowest power? Does the eye relief decrease as the power increases?

I have both and the eye relief if pretty constant on both throughout their range. It will shrink slightly on highest power, but not by as much as most competitors. By far the best Ive seen in ANY scope for eye relief was the Hawke Endurance 2x7...

This one...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That is impressive. Whats even more impressive, you got it to fit on a No.1!

Ed
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
"I hate myself for loving you."

I can't see anything to complain about, besides the COO. Took the one in front, a 2.5-10x50 off as the mounting space was too short (that what Wi said) and put the 8x56 on there. Been scope swapping for years on this one.

So, yah these three Endurance 30s ( as mentioned plus a 4-16x50), one-inch Endurance 3-9x40 and 4-12x42, and two Vantage 4Xs not shown. I will not buy another, maybe, probably, really most likely not.

Cheerios.

Previously had it on a T3 22-250 in Warne LOWS with a light grind... Today, took another? 3/64ths off to clesr. Fuuckit. I am in it low low low....

I like that early Kimber , Boomer.
Scope grinding? that's a solid Stick school of gunsmithing move.... wow
Now get out the rattle cans and finish the job!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been looking for a scope to put on a M7 in 6x45. I was actually browsing Hawke (and a couple of other brands) on the Cameraland website a week or so before this thread started. I'm finding the selection a bit overwhelming. I've been thinking 3-9x40, 2-10x40 or even up to a 12x if I can stay light enough, as this gun is planned to stay reasonably light, and there are many models in the Vantage line that seem to fit the bill, but with minor differences.

The 3030 illuminated reticle seems interesting and doesn't seem to add too much weight. On the other hand, the mil-dot reticle would seem to be a good choice on a moderately flat shooting 6x45 because I can learn the dots and hold on target without the need to dial, something that would be handy for quick shots on coyotes out back of my house.

Like I said. So many choices. I don't know, maybe it's my indecision making it harder.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Chinese made CRAP

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Cabela's has some Burris Fullfield E1 3-9x40s for a buck fifty... Might be worth a look. Says 30mm but the ones I have are 1". COO was The Philippines, but, who knows now that Burris is on the ChiCom train.

The Hawke 30/30 reticle sucks bigly compared to a simple lit dot.

I got my Hawkes on steep discount when bang for the buck was a higher priority than COO, 2027, 2018. Nowadays, I will advocate more for considering COO in decision making, without apology when there's viable options.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 02/28/21.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Cabela's has some Burris Fullfield E1 3-9x40s for a buck fifty... Might be worth a look. Says 30mm but the ones I have are 1". COO was The Philippines, but, who knows now that Burris is on the ChiCom train.

Those were a special run for Cabelas, they are a 30mm main tube, & from the Philippines.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks aalf. Best buy....

--- Kid Rock 2022

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
A used one might fit a high X, 22 hunting scope niche for me, but I ain’t planning on propping up Hunter’s coke fund, either.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

390 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,548 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,668
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.