Found a scope that checks all my boxes....except the price
I really like this reticle

All the Boxes Checked
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
How much horsepower does it crank out?
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Payments as low as $156.75 per month and free shipping! What's not to like? lol
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Don’t like the metro-sexual turret caps.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Ho leesh it!
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
I've been running the Mil version and it's excellent. Reticle is perfection and the glass is excellent. The price is hard to swallow.... I do wish it was a little lighter as well. I'd love to see a 2-10x42 with the same reticle and features at ~20 oz's.
Posted By: LeftHunter Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Honest question, what does this offer over the March 1.5-15? I have really been considering it for my primary hunting rifle. It (the March) appears to be lighter, shorter, slightly less expensive, and available with some solid reticle options. I have never even seen either of these scopes in person so I truly am asking. If I spend this much I want to only purchase once!
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Originally Posted by LeftHunter
Honest question, what does this offer over the March 1.5-15? I have really been considering it for my primary hunting rifle. It (the March) appears to be lighter, shorter, slightly less expensive, and available with some solid reticle options. I have never even seen either of these scopes in person so I truly am asking. If I spend this much I want to only purchase once!

it has a cooler name
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Well, to me, there is no such thing as a perfect scope. This model is claimed to be made for low-light hunting, and yet far too much of the reticle illuminates and will negatively affect one's vision under the worst of lighting scenarios. It's expensive but not perfect -- at least not to me.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Funny, that scope doesn't appeal to me at all, regardless of price.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I've been running the Mil version and it's excellent. Reticle is perfection and the glass is excellent. The price is hard to swallow.... I do wish it was a little lighter as well. I'd love to see a 2-10x42 with the same reticle and features at ~20 oz's.

Thank you for an actual review from an actual user
Posted By: Achigan1 Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
I’ve been looking at that scope for a few days lol - sure would like it a little lighter but otherwise all boxes are checked.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
I've never heard of the brand, must have been under a rock... I'm thinking for that amount of jack, I'm going with a Schmidt Bender Polar.
Posted By: Fotis Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Mine is the vortex razor hd lth 3x15x42mm. Great tracking. Great glass. Illumination. 19 oz
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Tangent Theta or a Zero Compromise are both pretty impressive. You really got to look thru them to grasp how good they are. The eyebox on both is huge parallex is very forgiving the glass is very clear even at highest setting. If I could afford one I would buy it with no second thought. You need one of these Dan.
Posted By: Bugger Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
I felt the K6 I bought in the ‘60’s was pretty close to perfect
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

scenarshooter has been using one for a while and speaks very highly of it. I don't want to speak for him but it's worth reading his comments on it.

Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Well, to me, there is no such thing as a perfect scope. This model is claimed to be made for low-light hunting, and yet far too much of the reticle illuminates and will negatively affect one's vision under the worst of lighting scenarios. It's expensive but not perfect -- at least not to me.

Yes, a large amount of the reticle is illuminated but the low illum settings are low enough that it doesn't wash the image at all. It is worth noting on this that the internal width of the reticle isn't as wide as "most" reticles with this design....so it's actually less than you would think in comparison to most at first glace....but it isn't a simple dot either. I think the glass is the best I've used in any scope and along with the reticle design that has 4 bolder outer posts I didn't need the illum in any of the hunting situations this past year. I did play with the illumination a lot while watching deer way after dark at home and paid a lot of attention to evaluate the washout as it's something that irritates me on a lot of scopes.....on the lowest two settings there was none.

From a quick look, the 1.5-15x42 I saw had a second focal plane reticle. There may be another model with the same power/obj that has a FFP reticle.

I have been thinking a lot about the D24V42FIML (Tactical Turrets, Illuminated, MIL) FML. It comes with a FFP reticle that has 4 outer posts (my preference). Everything I've read on it points to it being extremely finicky in eye placement/parallax. The Tangent Theta is excellent in this area....it's just easy to get behind across the power range. I haven't used the D24V42FIML, and it may be more friendly if limited to the same power range as the Tangent Theta, so I can't really speak on it. Would like to give it a try and compare the two.......feel free to send me one for evaluation and I'll let you know!....grin....
Posted By: swampkid Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
I own the Tangent Theta 315M and it is a very nice scope I also own the Zero Compromise 4x20 and it is also a great scope.
Posted By: LeftHunter Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Thanks for the response and information. Sounds like a pretty impressive scope.

scenarshooter has been using one for a while and speaks very highly of it. I don't want to speak for him but it's worth reading his comments on it.

Originally Posted by BobbyTomek

Yes, a large amount of the reticle is illuminated but the low illum settings are low enough that it doesn't wash the image at all. It is worth noting on this that the internal width of the reticle isn't as wide as "most" reticles with this design....so it's actually less than you would think in comparison to most at first glace....but it isn't a simple dot either. I think the glass is the best I've used in any scope and along with the reticle design that has 4 bolder outer posts I didn't need the illum in any of the hunting situations this past year. I did play with the illumination a lot while watching deer way after dark at home and paid a lot of attention to evaluate the washout as it's something that irritates me on a lot of scopes.....on the lowest two settings there was none.

From a quick look, the 1.5-15x42 I saw had a second focal plane reticle. There may be another model with the same power/obj that has a FFP reticle.

I have been thinking a lot about the D24V42FIML (Tactical Turrets, Illuminated, MIL) FML. It comes with a FFP reticle that has 4 outer posts (my preference). Everything I've read on it points to it being extremely finicky in eye placement/parallax. The Tangent Theta is excellent in this area....it's just easy to get behind across the power range. I haven't used the D24V42FIML, and it may be more friendly if limited to the same power range as the Tangent Theta, so I can't really speak on it. Would like to give it a try and compare the two.......feel free to send me one for evaluation and I'll let you know!....grin....

Thanks J ! I am really leaning towards biting the bullet so to speak
Posted By: rj308 Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
For that kind of money, it should have a blond that jumps out of the elevation turret and performs pleasing services on demand! RJ
These kind of scopes are not inexpensive but they spoil the [bleep] out of ya.I am saving for another ZC 4x20 because it makes it much easier for my old ass eyes to shoot with.
Originally Posted by rj308
For that kind of money, it should have a blond that jumps out of the elevation turret and performs pleasing services on demand! RJ

Now we’re talkin’!
Posted By: JD45 Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Since Leupold went to crap, does anyone make anything comparable to their old 2.5-8X or 3.5-10X ?

I don't need a 3 pound scope.
Jd45, NF 2.5x10x42 is a really nice scope but it does not come cheap.Mine has the mil-r reticle.
Thanks J ! I am really leaning towards biting the bullet so to speak

Yes sir. Give Doug a call about the pricing.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Now we’re talkin’!

Two of them....
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Now we’re talkin’!

Two of them....

Now that’s just greedy.
Here's a link to another member's post discussing the scope that's worth looking over:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../tangent-theta-owners-step-inside-please
Posted By: FTR_Shooter Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21

The TT 315 H is vastly different from the March 1.5-15X42:

TT is 3-15X52, 5X zoom, the March is 1.5-15X42, 10X zoom.
TT is 14 inches long, 26 ounces; March is 10 inches long 21 ounces.
TT is FFP, March is SFP.

The TT is a conventional design scope, and an excellent one. The March is a radically new design with an impressive objective lens group that allows the use of a 42mm objective lens with what is essentially an LPVO with a 10X zoom and a wide adjustment range. The scope is small and light and has an impressive magnification range. Comparing it to a much bigger TT scope that costs 40% is a little bit of a stretch, in my opinion.
Posted By: rj308 Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Now we’re talkin’!

Two of them....

Boomer, what would you like under the windage turret, brunette or red head?
Posted By: centershot Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
Take a look at Burris Signature Series scopes. Checks the same boxes and one payment of $450.
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
It would be our pleasure to discuss Tangent Theta scopes with you
Posted By: prm Re: The perfect scope - 03/16/21
I don’t know if it’s perfect, but I’ll be happy to conduct a free one year trial. Looks damn nice to me.
I'll find out I pulled the trigger have one in coming
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: The perfect scope - 03/17/21
Dan I love how you spend weeks making a decisioin.. smile You will like this scope.
Posted By: swampkid Re: The perfect scope - 03/17/21
You will love the TT scope they are so nice to get behind.
Posted By: the_gman Re: The perfect scope - 03/18/21
Originally Posted by centershot
Take a look at Burris Signature Series scopes. Checks the same boxes and one payment of $450.

LMAO! That's like saying a Yugo ticks the same boxes as a Ferrari. laugh Which it does if you just want to get from A to B in a vehicle with 4 wheels, an engine and a steering wheel at less than 70mph. If you wanna go racing at Sebring, yeah, that Yugo ain't gonna cut it bro. Some people made better life choices and can afford the very best. Good on them and while I'm envious, I'm not jaded or jealous... grin
Posted By: Heeler Re: The perfect scope - 03/18/21
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Dan I love how you spend weeks making a decisioin.. smile You will like this scope.

Knew it was a foregone conclusion when his LRHSi hit the classifieds. Lol
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: The perfect scope - 03/18/21
Originally Posted by Heeler
Originally Posted by 7mmMato

Knew it was a foregone conclusion when his LRHSi hit the classifieds. Lol

I sold 2 a LRHSi and a LRHS 3x12 to soften the blow
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The perfect scope - 03/18/21
Congrats Dan!
Posted By: Bater Re: The perfect scope - 03/18/21
Originally Posted by centershot

I hope this is a joke, however I’m worried it’s not
Posted By: 1100RemingtonMan Re: The perfect scope - 03/18/21
I have zero use for a scope with a 50mm objective in a hunting scope. I also feel there is no perfect scope. I do know why 3x9 40mm scopes are so popular is because they will do 99% what needs done hunting. But we each have to decide what is right for us. Everyone has different tastes and that's ok.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: The perfect scope - 03/20/21
Congrats Dan, it is an awesome scope and makes the rifle choosing decision very simple....
Posted By: RGK Re: The perfect scope - 03/20/21
This one (3-9x40mm Zeiss Conquest) is just about perfect...at least, for me. I've bought a couple more of the Meopta versions for future rifle projects.
Bob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: The perfect scope - 03/22/21
Originally Posted by swampkid
These kind of scopes are not inexpensive but they spoil the [bleep] out of ya.I am saving for another ZC 4x20 because it makes it much easier for my old ass eyes to shoot with.

So can those same eyes read those dials in hunting conditions where you are saying your scope really helps you out?

Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: The perfect scope - 03/22/21
My buddy just tried to talk me into a $3600 scope. We all have different budgets, but a $3600 scope better come with a custom rifle attached to it in my opinion.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: The perfect scope - 03/22/21
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by swampkid

So can those same eyes read those dials in hunting conditions where you are saying your scope really helps you out?

Mine can, dialing is not rocket surgery w/ the right scope.

mike r
Posted By: scottishkat Re: The perfect scope - 03/22/21
Originally Posted by RGK
This one (3-9x40mm Zeiss Conquest) is just about perfect...at least, for me. I've bought a couple more of the Meopta versions for future rifle projects.
Bob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That is a really good scope and was a great deal at 399.00 when new. I bought at least 5 of them. Never a problem.

Good luck and shoot straight ya'll
© 24hourcampfire