Home
Posted By: andrews1958 My First Scope From China - 04/12/21
All of my rifles have both mid-range scopes like Leupold and higher end ones like Swarovski, Schmitt/ Bender and March. On a whim, I found and purchased a scope made by Axeon for $225. (see link below).I have to say that I am somewhat impressed by the clarity and ruggedness from a scope made in China. I have done a little research and was amazed that some of the scopes that are popular with hunters and shooters, which are also made in China.

Vortex Crossfire, Crossfire II and Diamondback scopes
Mueller
Nikon ProStaff
Pentax Game Seeker
Hawke
Vector

Before you jump all over me for buying a product from China. I am a gun toting, Trump and 2nd amendment supporter and proud to be an American but only passing on an observation.

https://www.axeonoptics.com/axeon-optics-4-16x50-igr-dog-soldier-predator-rifle-scope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGDexJAXfXo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_RNNJqF6Y
Posted By: kingston Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/12/21
Don't take this the wrong way but, fúck your fûcking Chinese fùcking scope.
You need to take it back. You'll feel better. You can thank me later.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/12/21
No fugking man with a set of cock and balls buys a Chinese made scope on purpose. LMAO
Posted By: Judman Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/12/21
Originally Posted by BobBrown
No fugking man with a set of cock and balls buys a Chinese made scope on purpose. LMAO

Jesus fuucking Christ... fact!!!
Originally Posted by andrews1958
I have done a little research and was amazed that some of the scopes that are popular with BROKEDICKS, are also made in China.

Mueller
Nikon ProStaff
Pentax Game Seeker
Hawke
Vector

fixed it for ya.....
Posted By: JGray Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/12/21
Sincere question - can you expand on your impression of ruggedness related to a "whim" purchase? Is there any field experience you can share regarding ruggedness?
My Nikon pro staff says made in the philippines.
Originally Posted by Judman

Thought I saw a Simmons .22 mag. scope on your .22 mag ?
I am so sorry to upset so many members.

I have asked the site moderator to remove my post.

Again sorry
To heck with Burris while we're on the topic. Still pissed they are now made in China for no damm good reason.

BTW, my Pentax scope is 30 years old, still works great, and was made in the USA.

Like Blackheart said: my Nikon Prostaff was made in the Philippines.

The op's link showed a scope that looks like a rebadged Vortex with the big ugly ocular that's almost as big as the objective.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Judman

Thought I saw a Simmons .22 mag. scope on your .22 mag ?

Me or the sock puppet? Me I got a 2-7 Leupold on my 22 mag.👍
Posted By: JSTUART Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/12/21

Again sorry

Don't see why, your post did not offend me.

I own plenty of stuff manufactured in China, and when I purchase anything electrical or a new vehicle I will undoubtedly own more.
Posted By: EdM Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/12/21
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
To heck with Burris while we're on the topic. Still pissed they are now made in China for no damm good reason.

BTW, my Pentax scope is 30 years old, still works great, and was made in the USA.

Like Blackheart said: my Nikon Prostaff was made in the Philippines.

The op's link showed a scope that looks like a rebadged Vortex with the big ugly ocular that's almost as big as the objective.

I have purchased a half dozen Burris scopes in the past few months and they were all made in the Philippines.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/12/21
Rumor has it that all Chinese optics are crap, but that’s simply not the case. They can and do make good stuff when they want to and/or have their feet held to the fire by their customers.

That said, I ain’t buying any more and have replaced a couple I was running. Chinese stuff is so embedded in our commerce, especially in electronics, and is often hidden at the component level where we can’t see it, so can be hard to avoid. Our optics though, are primarily recreational gear, and it’s pretty easy to avoid feeding the Dragon though our purchases for that. Dealers could help if they’re willing, and some seem to be including COO info in some of their listings. I also see a lot of people asking about it in the questions they post about products online, so it’s becoming a common concern; a good thing.
Again I did want to upset anyone that read my post. As a Christian I just do like to see where the Lord's word in used in vain that is clearly stated in the Bible which one member had done..

I am in hopes that the moderator will remove my post today
Posted By: 30338 Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/12/21
China loves Christian churches. Keep supporting them.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/12/21
That’s on him. You started a discussion, and they commonly go South around here. Don’t let that stifle you. Can’t recall ever seeing a post removed on request.

If you appear to be promoting the sale of goods from our enemies however, you should expect to hear about it.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/12/21
Again I did want to upset anyone that read my post. As a Christian I just do like to see where the Lord's word in used in vain that is clearly stated in the Bible which one member had done..

Well Judman is very low IQ if that makes you feel better.
The way things are today I wouldn't buy a Chinese made product but IME they make some good stuff. My aluminum fishing boat has a Mercury 40hp 4stroke. I didn't realize the motor was made in China until after I bought the boat. This will be it's 9th year. It's been used in all types of conditions from well below freezing to over 100 degree heat. Bounced off logs and rocks when fished shallow for bass and used for trolling in high lakes for trout. I change the oil, oil filter and lower unit fluid once a year. Still running the original spark plug. It's never failed to start and run well for any kind of fishing. Other then not made in the USA it's been perfect. I wouldn't buy another one but it's a good tough product.

Well Judman is very low IQ if that makes you feel better.

Oh stop it Bobby.
Posted By: SKane Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/12/21
This is the Dog Soldier fella.
It appears irony comes in three colors - red, white and blue.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

JFC
Posted By: 30338 Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/12/21
I lasted 10 seconds and had to stop the video of that guy. He's a legend maker.
Posted By: hatari Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/12/21

You've been around here a long time, so you know you gotta have thick skin for some discussions. If you filter throught the haters and moral superioritists, you might get a discussion.

i tested a number of USA designed and made in China scopes. As our own Mule Deer told me "China is capable of making any quality from poor to excellent. It'sall a matter of what you want to contract them for." They make jet aircraft and nuclear bombs, so they can make precision instruments. They can turn out cheap like no one else.

I took 4 scopes, made in China, I put them on various rifles ranging from .22 LR - 7mm Rem Mag to 9.3 x 62. Then I took them off and sent them to three other members who mounted them on various rifles ranging from 7 x 57 to .300 Weatherby to .375 H & H

The verdict?

1 - Decent glass. Nothing to swoon over but pretty impressive for the money

2 - they were BIG and heavy. One 4-24 x 56 was dubbed "The Hubble" after infamous Hubble space telescope

3 - parallax was an issue with models over 18X magnification.

4 - several were downright impressive for the preice point

5 - nobody would take any of them over a Leupold VX-III

6- none broke. Not in shooting several hundred rounds OR being shipped USPS wrapped up. That says something for them.

7 - Not bad in low light or "legal shooting light", but not "European high end" performance either. One model listed Schott Glass as it turns out the Germans have to go to China to get lead glass. Europe has the lead phobia too.

So it was a fun and intersting fact finding experience several of us shared on. I never wrote about it before now because of the predictable responses from people who'd never take time or effort to run such a test.
Originally Posted by hatari

You've been around here a long time, so you know you gotta have thick skin for some discussions. If you filter throught the haters and moral superioritists, you might get a discussion.

i tested a number of USA designed and made in China scopes. As our own Mule Deer told me "China is capable of making any quality from poor to excellent. It'sall a matter of what you want to contract them for." They make jet aircraft and nuclear bombs, so they can make precision instruments. They can turn out cheap like no one else.

I took 4 scopes, made in China, I put them on various rifles ranging from .22 LR - 7mm Rem Mag to 9.3 x 62. Then I took them off and sent them to three other members who mounted them on various rifles ranging from 7 x 57 to .300 Weatherby to .375 H & H

The verdict?

1 - Decent glass. Nothing to swoon over but pretty impressive for the money

2 - they were BIG and heavy. One 4-24 x 56 was dubbed "The Hubble" after infamous Hubble space telescope

3 - parallax was an issue with models over 18X magnification.

4 - several were downright impressive for the preice point

5 - nobody would take any of them over a Leupold VX-III

6- none broke. Not in shooting several hundred rounds OR being shipped USPS wrapped up. That says something for them.

7 - Not bad in low light or "legal shooting light", but not "European high end" performance either. One model listed Schott Glass as it turns out the Germans have to go to China to get lead glass. Europe has the lead phobia too.

So it was a fun and intersting fact finding experience several of us shared on. I never wrote about it before now because of the predictable responses from people who'd never take time or effort to run such a test.

Thanks for your report..
No thanks. I’ll just stick with Leupold. 🤠
Boomers just can’t resist globalism.
Originally Posted by 30338
China loves Christian churches. Keep supporting them.

Yessir, the little commie bastards love to burn their homes and throw their leaders in prison. No such thing as a legal Bible in China.
Originally Posted by kingston
Boomers just can’t resist globalism.

What's this got to do with age? If you're not a boomer then what are you? A gen x'er? Millenial? Proud of being a dipstick?
Sorry but if your purchasing Leupold, Zeiss, and many others your purchasing or using components from China. I personally dont care for that and wish it were otherwise but the fact is nobody knows 100% where every part of your optic originates from. Thats a fact unless you have some one off special optic made just for you.

Its also a fact that China is capable of making optics that are excellent. Some of the Athlon and Primary Arms scopes track very nearly perfect, better than any Leupold ive owned by far.

We all hate buying Chinese but dont make smash someone who openly talks and owns chinese optics and dont use the Lords name in vain. We're talkin rifles and optics and hunting. Theres no sense in being elitists and azzhats.
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Sorry but if your purchasing Leupold, Zeiss, and many others your purchasing or using components from China. I personally dont care for that and wish it were otherwise but the fact is nobody knows 100% where every part of your optic originates from. Thats a fact unless you have some one off special optic made just for you.

Its also a fact that China is capable of making optics that are excellent. Some of the Athlon and Primary Arms scopes track very nearly perfect, better than any Leupold ive owned by far.

We all hate buying Chinese but dont make smash someone who openly talks and owns chinese optics and dont use the Lords name in vain. We're talkin rifles and optics and hunting. Theres no sense in being elitists and azzhats.

Don't be confused. This isn't about feelings. It's about your future and your kid's future. Do you want them to not live in a strong America with individual freedoms and manufacturing jobs that support a healthy middle class? Draw your line in the sand and don't cross it. Teach your children likewise.
Don't be confused. This isn't about feelings. It's about your future and your kid's future. Do you want them to not live in a strong America with individual freedoms and manufacturing jobs that support a healthy middle class? Draw your line in the sand and don't cross it. Teach your children likewise.

+1

Yeah i get all that. But in order to purchase something with zero Chinese components your going to have to go with something other than Leupold. Maybe Scimdt Bender, an older US Optics, a vintage optic, or maybe some one off custom from somewhere. Other than that i dont know how to stay clear of Chinese components in optical gear. No brand name marketer or brand is going to reveal 100% where the product parts are sourced.

Bottom line is we really have no idea the origin of what your purchasing unless you get ahold of something Berry Amendment compliant.
Or maybe don’t get on a conservative huntin forum and yap about how you bought a chink scope..

Hopefully you high class Christians can forgive and pray for me!! 😂😂
Posted By: BobBrown Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/13/21
“None were better than a Leupold VX-III”

LMAO
Posted By: kingston Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/13/21

Jesus loves retards and broke-dicks too.
Politics aside, how was the scope?

Yeah i get all that. But in order to purchase something with zero Chinese components your going to have to go with something other than Leupold. Maybe Scimdt Bender, an older US Optics, a vintage optic, or maybe some one off custom from somewhere. Other than that i dont know how to stay clear of Chinese components in optical gear. No brand name marketer or brand is going to reveal 100% where the product parts are sourced.

Bottom line is we really have no idea the origin of what your purchasing unless you get ahold of something Berry Amendment compliant.

Bottom line is if you bought a scope made in China, it was 100% made in China. You are 100% supporting the communists and 100% sabotaging the future of our Country.

Take your Athlon and Primary Arms Chinese crap and feel proud of yourself for saving a couple of bucks to get something almost as good and undermining american manufacturing jobs in the process.
Canadians are hot to get in bed with the Chinese.
Easy, now.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/13/21
Again sorry

'Don't worry about it. Besides, who cares what the riff raff say's?

I've had several Chinese scopes and NO complaints -
Once you get used to the slanted eyepieces.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Easy, now.

Let talk scope mounts... lol
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/13/21

What about Canadian Boomers? They gotta be the worst 😜
Easy, now.

LOL

Sure, let’s do it. I’ll be ordering a set of rings right away here, and they’ll be made in the USA... wink
After using 2 pairs of Vortex binoculars during the 2020 deer season I promptly sold all my vortex scopes. I lost all faith in that company.
Easy, now.

LOL

Sure, let’s do it. I’ll be ordering a set of rings right away here, and they’ll be made in the USA... wink

Good man!

I have two custom actions made in Canada and a dozen Canadian triggers.
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
After using 2 pairs of Vortex binoculars during the 2020 deer season I promptly sold all my vortex scopes. I lost all faith in that company.

Vortex is a very good marketing company and sponsors a lot of "serious hunting shows" so their products must be hardcore. grin

P.S and I have purchased just a few Razor bins in the past, no more.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400

Vortex is a very good marketing company and sponsors a lot of "serious hunting shows" so their products must be hardcore. grin

P.S and I have purchased just a few Razor bins in the past, no more.

When 3 out of the 4 eyecups fall off with screws missing that’s was a sign. These weren’t the cheap ones either. Great warranty and all but I don’t want to have to use it on every product I buy.
I have a Chinese Vortex crossfire II on my crossbow and it works good. I bought a Hawke crossbow scope for it first and sent it back because it was junk {fast focus eye piece way too loose and wobbly}. It's tough to find a crossbow scope that isn't made in China. I also have a couple of cheap Chinese Simmons scopes on .22 LR plinkers and they too work well. All of my hunting rifles have scopes made in USA {Leupold}, Japan {Weaver, Bushnell Elite} or the Philippines {Nikon} but I can't justify spending much on a scope for a cheap plinker.
Originally Posted by Pappy348

There aren't any. All dead.

Government healthcare, eh?
Posted By: hatari Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/14/21
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

... and pretty much you'll never go wrong. Like the 30-06, Leupold is a benchmark.
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

... and pretty much you'll never go wrong. Like the 30-06, Leupold is a benchmark.

For many years my go to scope was the Leupold Var-X III 3x10x50 with heavy duplex. I have them on several rifles and really like them for early and late hunts. They don't make them anymore. So I bought couple of the 3ci's 3x10x50 with "heavy duplex" which is a lie. It's a thin duplex and an inferior scope to my old vari-x III's. As we can shoot deer from 1 hour before sunrise to 1 hour after sunset.........So I am migrating toward Meopta. Their Meopro and Meostar are (in My eyes and usage) superior to The current line of Leupold scopes in the same price range.
Oh, the whorer. Please Rick, delete the hurtful words!

Chink chink chink chink chink chink chink......
Posted By: kingston Re: My First Scope From Chine - 04/14/21
Originally Posted by Pappy348

#verbose

#blahblahblah

Heard a knowledgeable biblical scholar once, make a very good case that the original text of the Bible, where it refers to “taking the Lord’s name in vain”, is NOT referring to the commonly assumed “cussing” but to those who use the Lord’s name for their own selfish ends. Such as is so commonly done by controlling & mercenary “Holy Rollers” who use the Biblical quotes & the Lord’s name to enrich themselves & make people do what “they” would like people to do, with little or no regard to actual biblical intent.

Not saying cussing is good & when it includes God or Jesus it is certainly disrespectful, maybe even blasphemous but that’s not as bad as the folks who claim to speak for the Lord who are just trying to use him to feather their own nest. Special place in hell for those manipulative scum.

Anyway, God loves Leupold! (& the higher end Vortex)
Posted By: cisco1 Re: My First Scope From Chine - 05/17/21
andrews ......... never apoligize ........especially to these mutts.

FYI .... China has a lock on the raw glass blocks sold to almost if not all scope manufacturers.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: My First Scope From Chine - 05/17/21
Weren't most of these posts sent from Chinese electronics?
The hypocrisy runs strong here.
Posted By: GeoW Re: My First Scope From Chine - 05/17/21
They produce a pretty good virus too.. for what it's worth.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Or not. Some of us avoid chinese crap to the greatest practicable extent. I am very consistent on that.

Originally Posted by cisco1

FYI .... China has a lock on the raw glass blocks sold to almost if not all scope manufacturers.

Schott glass is made in VaChina?
Posted By: NVhntr Re: My First Scope From Chine - 05/18/21
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Or not. Some of us avoid chinese crap to the greatest practicable extent. I am very consistent on that.

Laughing! Where was that bike helmet made?
Posted By: cdb Re: My First Scope From Chine - 05/18/21
All of my rifles have both mid-range scopes like Leupold and higher end ones like Swarovski, Schmitt/ Bender and March. On a whim, I found and purchased a scope made by Axeon for $225. (see link below).I have to say that I am somewhat impressed by the clarity and ruggedness from a scope made in China. I have done a little research and was amazed that some of the scopes that are popular with hunters and shooters, which are also made in China.

Mueller
Nikon ProStaff
Pentax Game Seeker
Hawke
Vector

Before you jump all over me for buying a product from China. I am a gun toting, Trump and 2nd amendment supporter and proud to be an American but only passing on an observation.

https://www.axeonoptics.com/axeon-optics-4-16x50-igr-dog-soldier-predator-rifle-scope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGDexJAXfXo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_RNNJqF6Y

I’ve never been impressed with Crossfire II glass clarity, in fact I’ve been underwhelmed. What is worse though to my eyes is the seriously small eyebox on them. Six years ago I purchased sight unseen a Hawke Endurance 2-7x32 scope with the 30-30 IR. Bought it for my Marlin 336 because I wanted the IR for hog hunting in low light. Scope came, to my eyes the glass wasn’t nearly as good as the Fullfield II 2-7x35 that was on the rifle and the illumination wasn’t daylight bright. Kept the Burris and sold the Hawke. Of the scopes you mention as popular, I’ve had hands on experience with two and they were not worth owning IMO.

Moving on, you have been a member of this forum for almost 15 years yet your reaction to others posts is as if you were a brand new member of 24 Hour Campfire. Give me a break.
© 24hourcampfire