Home
Posted By: JGRaider Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/17/21
Consider my first Vortex anything (egads......). Any love for this particular model around here? Not sure I want to drop the coin on Geovids unless someone can talk me into it. Thanks.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/17/21
Come on man!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/17/21
Hanging my head in shame..........
Posted By: SKane Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/17/21
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

laugh
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/17/21
LMAO.......you bastids.
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/17/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: koshkin Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/18/21
I used them on an aoudad hunt last month and as far as all the electronics go, it worked very well. Optically, I much preferred the Razor UHD that I also had with me. Both were in the 10x42 configuration. Generally, if you really want top end optics with an LRF, you pretty much have to step up to the higher end stuff with Leica HD-B and its later variants working the best with my eyes.
That having been said, I will probably keep the Fury 5000 AB for a while because of the electronics and how well they integrate with my phone and watch. It is very convenient to range something and have the ballistic solution pop up on my watch automatically.

ILya
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/18/21
Originally Posted by koshkin
I used them on an aoudad hunt last month and as far as all the electronics go, it worked very well. Optically, I much preferred the Razor UHD that I also had with me. Both were in the 10x42 configuration. Generally, if you really want top end optics with an LRF, you pretty much have to step up to the higher end stuff with Leica HD-B and its later variants working the best with my eyes.
That having been said, I will probably keep the Fury 5000 AB for a while because of the electronics and how well they integrate with my phone and watch. It is very convenient to range something and have the ballistic solution pop up on my watch automatically.

ILya

That's the reason I'm interested, without spending $3k. I tried the Sig 3000 BDX and quality control was so pathetic with my sample I sent it back. RF was great, but way out of alignment with the circle reticle.
Posted By: koshkin Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/18/21
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by koshkin

ILya

That's the reason I'm interested, without spending $3k. I tried the Sig 3000 BDX and quality control was so pathetic with my sample I sent it back. RF was great, but way out of alignment with the circle reticle.

I have not tested the 3000 BDX, so I do not have any insight there. I have two LRF binoculars I am looking at: Delta 9x45 and Vortex Fury AB. Optically, I think the Delta is slightly cleaner and I prefer the 9x45 configuration, but the electronics integration with the Garmin watch is really appealing for me.

Besides, we are all kinda spoiled these days with ever increasing optical quality. The Fury is very serviceable. I am not exactly birding here.

ILya
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/18/21
I haven’t used the AB model, but my son has the regular 5000s and I have been very impressed with them. Have personally seen them range a water tower at 4000+ yards. I don’t have, and have never had any alpha glass so probably don’t understand what I am missing, but to me I look through Josh’s 5000s and ask myself, “just how much better could they be?” I’ve been super impressed with the glass in the Fury 5000s. Having your data in the display would be pretty cool but I’ve started keeping a DOPE book and am liking it. Takes everything into account. No correcting BC, or velocity. What you see is what you get. I suspect when I move up from my Bushnell Fusion 1600s I’ll be getting the plain Fury 5000s.

John
Posted By: ruraldoc Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/19/21
Consider my first Vortex anything (egads......). Any love for this particular model around here? Not sure I want to drop the coin on Geovids unless someone can talk me into it. Thanks.

I have an old pair of Leica 10x42 Geovids. Had them a long time. Still my favorite hunting binoculars.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/21/21
interesting, the OP is the first to criticize Vortex and is only now considering his first ever purchase...
Posted By: koshkin Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/22/21
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
interesting, the OP is the first to criticize Vortex and is only now considering his first ever purchase...

Interesting observation.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/22/21
Not sure what's so interesting about it, as I've always believed (still do) that there's always something as good or better than Vortex for the same or less $$. Well, this is the exception, as I've tried the Sig 3000 and the quality control on my sample absolutely sucked, the AB lite only ranges to 800 with a ballistic solution, etc. Seems as the Fury AB offers adequate optics, excellent electronics, AB features, etc that nobody in this price segment can match. It isn't that difficult to understand I don't think.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/23/21
Not sure what's so interesting about it, as I've always believed (still do) that there's always something as good or better than Vortex for the same or less $$. Well, this is the exception, as I've tried the Sig 3000 and the quality control on my sample absolutely sucked, the AB lite only ranges to 800 with a ballistic solution, etc. Seems as the Fury AB offers adequate optics, excellent electronics, AB features, etc that nobody in this price segment can match. It isn't that difficult to understand I don't think.

Simpler yet... you have a hard on for Vortex but without experience outside of a big box store counter...
Posted By: RHutch Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/23/21
Quit acting like a poor....buy one of the 3 alphas and enjoy it without any “what if’s “.
Posted By: GregW Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/23/21
Originally Posted by RHutch
Quit acting like a poor....buy one of the 3 alphas and enjoy it without any “what if’s “.

The "three Alphas" have been blurred for a bit at the top in multiple categories....
I own a couple vortex scopes, and they've been great so far. Some of their stuff is underrated for sure.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/23/21
FWIW..............even though the OP was very specific about binos.

https://www.snipershide.com/precision-rifle/scope-tracking-test-results-2020/
Posted By: SoTexCurdog Re: Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB - 05/24/21
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Simpler yet... you have a hard on for Vortex but without experience outside of a big box store counter...

Not to mention his criticism of Leica and their warranty service.........
© 24hourcampfire