Home
Posted By: DrDeath Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/18/21
Is there a extremely extremely durable-tank tough scope out there fixed or variable for 1K and under ? I know a scope can break , but is there a scope out there that you can recommend that is just dead nuts tough as nails! In extreme cold and extreme heat for shots out to 500 yards and in. ???? Fixed or variable.
Trijicon

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Nightforce
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Nightforce

^^^^
Trijicon Credo line?
Nightforce
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/18/21
Nightforce bullet proof...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Bater Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/18/21
NF
Posted By: 458Win Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/18/21
The 2 1/2 x Leupold I have had on my 458 Win for the past 35 years had held up and been used to take moose over 400 yards. And the one I had on my 30-06 guide rifle I used in the Brooks range was used on sheep out to 600 yards.
I don’t think they make the 2.5 Leupold any more.
NF SHV for your price range.
Originally Posted by DrDeath
Is there a extremely extremely durable-tank tough scope out there fixed or variable for 1K and under ? I know a scope can break , but is there a scope out there that you can recommend that is just dead nuts tough as nails! In extreme cold and extreme heat for shots out to 500 yards and in. ???? Fixed or variable.

If I had to wager, for under $1k as stated in the original post, it'd be a SWFA fixed power or 3-9x.

Other than the SHV line, I don't think NF has an offering for $1k or under.

If the price limit was removed, I'd still list the SWFA fixed powers and 3-9x, along with Tangent Theta as the top two. Just my guess.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/18/21
Like 458Win above, I have found the M8 fixed power 4x28s to be essentially bullet proof, and have never had one fail (out of something like 20 of these scopes dating back to my first one in 1971.

Getting a Leupold zeroed usually takes you through the “Leupold Shuffle”, but once zeroed these older scopes have always held zero for me. One of mine currently resides happily on a Model 70 in 416 Rem Mag.
i sold an nxs 2.5-10 last year for 850$ on here

but i can't get the swfa 3-9 to lose zero and that includes repeated shoulder high drops onto frozen ground 30 below

and couple thousand mils of erector travel between 10 shot groups.

How is it that the swfa SS is in this conversation ! You would think for a cheap scope it would not be tough and durable!
I don’t think they make the 2.5 Leupold any more.

The only one they have now is the #58450 FX-II Ultralight 2.5x20mm - Wide Duplex
Its not difficult to make a tough durable scope lika a SWFA... you just have to design it right from the start.
Sightron S-tac is the most functional "cheap" scope I've tried.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/18/21

I've found the TractvToric with 1" tube to be rock solid and under $1,000.
My favorites for under $1000 and less than 500 yards hunting with the main focus on toughness:

SWFA 6x and 10x - I use the 6x on several rough use rifles. One lives on an ATV that's driven every day. Best toughness for the $.
SWFA 3-9x42
Nightforce SHV 3-10x42
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32 or 42 - this would have to be used and less than most used ones sell for - would likely be the toughest of the bunch
S&B 6x42
I have the Leupold FX-II 2.5X with the wide duplex on 3 rifles - a .308, a .358 and a .45-70. They sure do soak up the recoil and hold zero very well.

Burris scopes are known for their robustness. I've used Burris scopes since the 80s. One thing about them is they hold zero. I have never had to readjust zero on a Burris scope once sent. Year after year they hit where they hit at the beginning of the last season. I've adjusted them for a different load, but once set to my main load, that's where they stay. Good glass, holding their settings is the thing that has kept me with Burris, even if they aren't the lightest scopes out there.

Maybe Doug at Camera Land can land you a Burris Veracity.
https://cameralandny.com/shop/brand...0135-0ffe-00163ecd2826?variation=1693613
SWFA, NF, Bushnell Elite Tac line, Trijicon Accupower.
I thought the Leupold 4x was discontinued and now they only have the 4x rimfire ?
Originally Posted by 458Win
The 2 1/2 x Leupold I have had on my 458 Win for the past 35 years had held up and been used to take moose over 400 yards. And the one I had on my 30-06 guide rifle I used in the Brooks range was used on sheep out to 600 yards.

Mr. Phil, do you know if that robustness applies to more recent versions?
Posted By: Teal Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/18/21
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I have the Leupold FX-II 2.5X with the wide duplex on 3 rifles - a .308, a .358 and a .45-70. They sure do soak up the recoil and hold zero very well.

Burris scopes are known for their robustness. I've used Burris scopes since the 80s. One thing about them is they hold zero. I have never had to readjust zero on a Burris scope once sent. Year after year they hit where they hit at the beginning of the last season. I've adjusted them for a different load, but once set to my main load, that's where they stay. Good glass, holding their settings is the thing that has kept me with Burris, even if they aren't the lightest scopes out there.

Maybe Doug at Camera Land can land you a Burris Veracity.
https://cameralandny.com/shop/brand...0135-0ffe-00163ecd2826?variation=1693613

In 98 I had a new Ruger 300WM. Mounted a Burris on it. Crapped the bed in the first 15 rounds. Sent it in. Mounted it on the same rifle after it came back. Died again in 12 rounds or so.

Wouldn't adjust, wouldn't track and wouldn't hold zero. Was the scope because I slammed a Simmons on it and right back to 1.5 inch groups - just fine.

Sample of 1 - I know...
My only experience has been with Nightforce, but I have an SWFA on the way to test. From what I have heard, the answer to your question in that price range is only going to be SWFA or a Nightforce SHV. A used NXS would also work.

My NXS had the [bleep] beat out of it over several years, banging into door frames, blind windows, riding in the bed of a truck, carried for unknown numbers of miles, knocked over by clumsy hunting partners, and shot through thousands of rounds. It doesn't look like Formi's working Razor 1-6 that he's posted, but it does look like its been loved tenderly. That whole time, I only zeroed it once. Fired lots of groups to make sure that the zero was still there, but that warhorse stayed zeroed the whole time from when I first dialed it in.
The better NF scopes are the standard of the industry but >$1k. My personal experience w/ Swfa 3-9 and Trijicon Accupoint has been that they perform reliably in all conditions and do not need to be coddled.

mike r
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Are the newer Leupold 2.5’s as good as the old ?
I never had a single problem outta a VX-Freedom. They never left the box.
that's funny
Originally Posted by BobBrown

😂🤣😳
I've owned and used a lot of brands. Burris, Leupold, Simmons, Bushnell, Bausch and Lomb (Bushnell), Pentax, Tasco World Class (Japanese). Some inexpensive, some expensive and most in between. 100% of them did exactly what I wanted them to do. None of them ever failed. Some received light use, and some were subjected to unintentional abuse. I had a Bausch and Lomb Elite 4200 slip in unlapped Ruger rings and slap so hard against the flared portion of the tube leading to the power adjustment ring that the aluminum mushroomed. That scope served me well for many more years. I've fired many rounds out of some hard recoiling guns topped by Burris and never had to re-zero. Many of the the scopes I've owned were exposed to crappy weather: freezing rain, and high humidity when getting out of and air conditioned vehicle, and I don't remember any of them fogging. Not even the cheapy Simmons. Many were bumped and banged and all survived. So, scopes from any of the major manufacturers are all going to do reasonably well. But none are going to survive a tumble down a 500 foot rocky hill atop a rifle.

What do you want to use it for? If you are shooting out to 500 yards, you don't need a 30mm tube. 1" will be fine. So you can save money there.

Do you really need the best glass? As a hunter, I find that there is a diminishing return on investment in that regard when scope prices go up. Pretty soon, I get to a point where I can't really tell a practical difference between scopes. My <$200 Burris E1s looks as bright and clear to me as my $600 Leupolds. And if my rifle does take a tumble, I'd rather replace a $200 scope than a $600 scope. I have never once taken sight on a deer and wished I had a scope costing $1,000.

Just think about what you want to use it for, come up with some specs that will suit that need, and buy a scope from one of the major manufacturers that have a scope that meet your specs. You'll do well.
Got a couple older Redfields 3 x 9 that have on my rifles....one is late seventies, Never failed me yet, clear as when I bought them.
Posted By: keith Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/18/21
Burris made in America:

3x12x 44mm with the light collector

6x24 with the light collector

Black Diamond
Posted By: Fotis Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/18/21
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
My favorites for under $1000 and less than 500 yards hunting with the main focus on toughness:

SWFA 6x and 10x - I use the 6x on several rough use rifles. One lives on an ATV that's driven every day. Best toughness for the $.
SWFA 3-9x42
Nightforce SHV 3-10x42
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32 or 42 - this would have to be used and less than most used ones sell for - would likely be the toughest of the bunch
S&B 6x42

This
Posted By: WBT Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/18/21
I've also had good luck with Nightforce. There's certainly a weight penalty, but I've started putting 2.5-10x42s on all of my rifles that see hard use. Used ones in your price range come up somewhat regularly. Or you could just get an SHV today.

SWFA 3-9x42
Nightforce SHV 3-10x42
S&B 6x42

I have the 3-9 Super-Chicken and both of the Nightforces you mention.

My favorite of the three, as a pure hunting scope, is the SHV.
Posted By: foogle Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/19/21
Have a nightforce nxs on my 6/284. Was sighted in in 1998 when I mounted it and has never needed to be adjusted since then. Showed me what scopes can do. Beat,banged traveled at 43000 feet at -50 to -70 celsuis many times .
You have to consider what's available too. SWFA has had little available over the past year. Same with Tract. Seems like Trijicon and NF have good availability.
My uncle has great luck with Leupold.
Mounted it 20 years ago, shot it twice.

Every 3 years when he pulls it out from under the bed to show off after Thanksgiving dinner, it sits there working perfectly.

Best of all the glass quality is amazing when he points it out the window at the barn door.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
You have to consider what's available too. SWFA has had little available over the past year. Same with Tract. Seems like Trijicon and NF have good availability.

that's weird,

haven't had a problem adding half a dozen swiffers to the stable the last 7-8 months. fixed and variable.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/19/21

Tract has scopes available now and when sold out they replenish quickly
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter

that's weird,

haven't had a problem adding half a dozen swiffers to the stable the last 7-8 months. fixed and variable.

Let's just scratch the "little available" comment then and deal with actual numbers. 5 of the 25 SWFA models are showing in stock right now. I have checked a number of times over the past year and that's about normal. Call that what you wish.
Tract??
I just went on swfa and I’d say almost every SS classic scope is out of stock.
SWFA will ship a scope somewhat promptly if one jumps on the backorder list.
While Leupolds were tremendous scopes back in the M8 and Vari-X days, they are decidedly less so with the newer models. Have had a couple of the newer FX scopes crap out, which is truly a shame as I'd prefer to run a simple fixed power scope if the darned things would maintain their zero.
Tract??

Availability?
Many scopes are built like a tank nowadays. Big, heavy, clunky. I look through the available scopes and, honestly, I don't see any I would want to buy. The SWFA 6x is a possibility although I dislike the appearance and the reticle.
My first scope, which I bought in 1965. was a 4X "Great West". Made in Japan, it looked like the Bushnell Banner my Dad owned at the time. In 1971, I broke the objective bell right off in a fall. I replaced it with a used K2.5 ,which I still have, then upgraded to a K-4 soon after. I still have and use that one too. I do not like big, heavy, scopes which, I am aware, puts me well out of the mainstream. GD
Posted By: Bull64 Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/19/21
Whatever Wahlberg and his unit had in “Lone Survivor”!
If it can take a 200ft roll down an Afghani mountain and not lose zero,it’s built like a tank... grin
Originally Posted by Bull64
If it can take a 200ft roll down an Afghani mountain and not lose zero,it’s built like a tank... grin

Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing when I watched that movie.
I’m sure only all us gunnuts on this site would have even noticed that detail in the movie.

That would be Nightforce NXS.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/19/21
Tract??

Availability?

3X15 is available. The 2X10 isn't at the moment but will be soon
Originally Posted by jwp475
Tract??

Availability?

Just curious - what is your relationship with tract?
What is tract?
What is tract?

https://tractoptics.com/
Posted By: timl Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/19/21
Originally Posted by Joezone

His rifle had a Leupold on it in the movie. I’m not saying a Leupold could actually handle that abuse…
I would probably get a LRHS2 from George at GAP, if I were picking a scope within your constraints.
You can have any and all of these jumbo scopes, get [bleep] closer.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/20/21
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Tract??

Availability?

Just curious - what is your relationship with tract?

I own a pair of their 12.5X50 binoculars and a 3X15X50 scope. I also own US OPTICS, S&B, Zeiss, Meopta

I have been very impressed with the Tract optics that I own since they compare favorably with the big names at a 1/4 of the price

I thought everyone knew that...
Originally Posted by timl

His rifle had a Leupold on it in the movie. I’m not saying a Leupold could actually handle that abuse…

In the actual event it was an NXS most likely.
The first tactical type scope I got was a Leupold, I believe it was the old M4. It actually has been pretty durable and has tracked pretty well, but by today's standards the glass is awful. I took a pretty good tumble while carrying it and launched the rifle and scope a pretty good distance. Didn't lose zero. The parallax nob did loosen up a bit but still worked fine. I had it on an old 308 and recently replaced it. I just got too spoiled with some of the newer scopes.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/23/21
I thought the Leupold 4x was discontinued and now they only have the 4x rimfire ?

It is. Used M8 4x scopes turn up from time to time here, and are sleepers. I’ve used well over 20 of them since about 1972 and have never had one fail. One of mine resides in. Model 70 .416 Rem Mag.

Are the newer Leupold 2.5’s as good as the old ?

No. But the toughest out there shy of Nightforce. I have no experience with SWFA scopes, but both they and Nightforce are relatively heavy.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/23/21
These are pretty rare, but tank like. Mil Spec NXS 3-15, mildot, ff1.
Posted By: 458Win Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/24/21

My son and I have been buying them for a few years just in case they ever quit, and they all seem equally rugged
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nightforce
How are U.S. Optics?
I haven’t herd anything good about US Optics in a long time. Chinese scopes and some are made in USA but their quality isn’t what it was.
Originally Posted by DingoDuk

Nightforce

If them scopes is so damn good, why do you need all them damn bullets?

Nightforce

If them scopes is so damn good, why do you need all them damn bullets?

I guess they look cool.
How are U.S. Optics?

How are U.S. Optics?

They suck.
I never leave home with out ammo and I’m not a fan of hiking with a pocket full of bullets rattling around.

I realize that it looks cool that’s why I took a picture. Hint!

Nightforce

Is that a velour blanket ?

LOL

👍🏼🦫
The 3.5-15x50 is the gem of the NXS line the eye box is the most forgiving. With a set of ferrall 30MM lows you can get them mounted about as perfect as possible for a hunters rifle.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Nightforce

LOL

👍🏼🦫

Only blanket I could find with out cum stains.
Good to know. Thanks.
lotta bubba-buddies there.....

Nightforce

LOL

👍🏼🦫

Ok there CumStains, do your laundry and keep that schidt to yourself.
Posted By: Bull64 Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/25/21
Looking at that picture,what about the old Tasco Titan? Always heard it was built like a tank…
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/25/21

Nightforce

LOL

👍🏼🦫

Perhaps you should cut back on your masturbation go out and gets laid dumb fuqk LOL
Originally Posted by GRIZZ

Nightforce

LOL

👍🏼🦫

Perhaps you should cut back on your masturbation go out and gets laid dumb fuqk LOL

You seem like the last mother fûcker that should judge. But all those tank scopes seem to get lady’s wet. Hint!!
Well that and my autograph pictures of higbean on my bathroom mirror. Rehint.

Grizz jïzz! what scope are you recommending, I’m very interested in your input. Crying laughing! post some pictures of your preferred optics for killing. I Dare You.
PS I once seen a guy us a Leupold to playing fetch with his kid so there is that.

Nightforce

LOL

👍🏼🦫

You seem like the last mother fûcker that should judge. But all those tank scopes seem to get lady’s wet. Hint!!

Hey! It's Sticks sock puppet... As far as my Optics of choice, I've posted a few photos of my Nightforce, Schmidt Bender and Ziess on here so GFY Larry. Laffin

Nightforce

LOL

👍🏼🦫

Hey! It's baby Stick... Stick JR or, Sticks sock puppet. As far as my Optics of choice, I've posted a few photos of my Nightforce, Schmidt Bender and Ziess on here so GFY Larry. Laffin

You tinder cünt let’s see them here.
PS I’m a classy [bleep] Larry can’t swing good glass, and the op ask for tank like toughness not your Sb and Ziess! If that was the case I would need to take a wide angle pic.
Hell! I shopped eBay for a pre 2000 Leupold compact for my rigby because it’s the only way to get 6” of eye relief. But it no tank tough and I have the irons regulated at 50 with 400 grain Aframes. Dare me to post a pic. Crying laughing😗
Hell! I shopped eBay for a pre 2000 Leupold compact for my rigby because it’s the only way to get 6” of eye relief. But it no tank tough and I have the irons regulated at 50 with 400 grain Aframes. Dare me to post a pic. Crying laughing😗
Dingo duschebag shame your mother didn't swallow. LOL
Dingo duschebag shame your mother didn't swallow. LOL

How do you know she didn’t ? you sad twaut. lol
Post up those high dollar Tougher than nails scopes you have all the experience with or pull your quivering lip back off the line and walk away.

The 4-16x42 is my favorite in the ATACR series, love the locking turret and the dial below zero feature. Eye box is pretty solid as well not once have I ever had difficulties getting behind it.

Grizz when I make a trip to my gun locker I will post a pic of a 28 nosler and a 6.5saum, a set of 34mm APA lows get the 34mm ATACR a [bleep] hair off the rail and absolutely perfect cheek weld.
PS if at some point Big Stick hurt your tinder little feelings let’s not let it affect date night princess.
The 3.5-15x50 is the gem of the NXS line the eye box is the most forgiving.

I agree. Great scope. The 5.5-22 is also nice if you want a little more power...
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
The 3.5-15x50 is the gem of the NXS line the eye box is the most forgiving.

I agree. Great scope. The 5.5-22 is also nice if you want a little more power...

I agree the extra X come in handy, the 5.5x22 in the 50 and 56 Varity’s are both just a tiny bit stingy in the eye box.

I wouldn’t trade mine for anything else but the 3.5-15 is the best of the NXS line.

I have been debating snagging one of the 2.5-10x24 that are close out discontinued on euro optics. They sport a better eye relief than the X32 and X42 compacts.
Thoughts of a full 3.7” on ten X makes me think my 458 would be a 500 yard whiffle ball blaster.

Grizz you have any pictures of that tack hammer of a Ziess you are hanging your hat on Qed up for our eyes to behold.
The duk of death I says... Here ya go bitch

The duk of death I says... Here ya go bitch

Very nice collection.
I bought the Ziess before I knew better... Mounted on my Sako 7Mag it does shoot well. Now fuqk off and die kchunt LOL

I ain’t got time today for a photo shoot but I was sandbagging a little on you Grizz.

My SB is old school cool.
And the extra Nightforce is waiting on a manners mcs CS that should be here next week.
I ain’t got time today for a photo shoot but I was sandbagging a little on you Grizz.

And the extra Nightforce is waiting on a manners mcs CS that should be here next week.

Bet you have time to scour the interweb for more photos of other peoples stuff you sniveling kchunt... Laffin
I bought the Ziess before I knew better... Mounted on my Sako 7Mag it does shoot well. Now fuqk off and die kchunt LOL

So angry for a guy with everything.

Waiting at the range for a guy to leave a good target is probably frustrating. LOL.
I have a old school MK 4 with target turnups on my Sako. Kinda period correct.

Bet you have time to scour the interweb for more photos of other peoples stuff you sniveling kchunt... Laffin

I’m definitely lying about my stuff.
TFF you should try to add some actual info and spend less time stomping your feet and telling yourself that you could to.

So angry for a guy with everything.

Waiting at the range for a guy to leave a good target is probably frustrating. LOL.
I have a old school MK 4 with target turnups on my Sako. Kinda period correct.

Yep... Waited for hours for this one snowflake...LOL

Stop wiggling you are only making it harder on yourself.

Some day I will try to shoot a group. 😂.
I’m actually starting to feel sorry for you. It’s embarrassing for everyone not just you.

Here’s a tight group for you. Grizz!!

What... You choot a doe? Laffin

Good thread.

😂🦫

Oh my an elk. Grizz, You lucky dog you!
Someday when I grow up I’m going to try my hand at the elk hunting. 😂.

Keep twisting your doing great. Maybe add some insight on your vast experience with scopes while you are posting pics of groups and elk no one ask about.
Good thread.

😂🦫

Amen!
Originally Posted by beretzs
Good thread.

😂🦫

Amen!

😂😂😂
Originally Posted by beretzs
Good thread.

😂🦫

Amen!

😂😂😂

That 2-10 NF you were talking about sounds good. Headed EO to check for it.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/901922001
That looks damn good....
I have a friend that runs one on a AR10 and loves the hell out of it. In my view it’s number 2 in the NXS line up on the heals of the 3.5-15.
But far lighter and petite.
The wife gave me the choice of that or the 3.5x15 x50 or the 2.5-10x24 for Father’s Day. I picked the 3.5-15. But it was a hard choice.
It has enough tube length to go on a LA on down, makes it a multi use optic kinda sad they are disconnecting it.
Pretty slick at 17 ounces as well.
Really like the weight! Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x 24mm checks a lot of boxes.

How is 'low light" visibility vs for example 42mm ?
I seem to see dark brown animals blending into dark woods at first and last light a lot...

Oh my an elk. Grizz, You lucky dog you!
Someday when I grow up I’m going to try my hand at the elk hunting. 😂.

Keep twisting your doing great. Maybe add some insight on your vast experience with scopes while you are posting pics of groups and elk no one ask about.

You crying Karen right Stick I mean duk ya dumb fuqk... How bout some more used bullet pics their riveting. LOL

You crying Karen right Stick I mean duk ya dumb fuqk... How bout some more used bullet pics their riveting. LOL[/quote]

You obviously have drank your dinner way more than once! And today is not going to be any different.

Maybe put that NXS on a different rifle and post another picture so everyone thinks you have three. 🤥.

Hell offer some useful info would be welcome also but you and I both know you don’t have anything to offer.
Is dingoduck really stinky?
Originally Posted by stealthgoat

I seem to see dark brown animals blending into dark woods at first and last light a lot...

I have a 32 and 42 that I have used tons. The 2.5-10x24 I have limited time with as it’s on a bro’s AR10, I can say it doesn’t suck. The 42 brings a little more light than the 32 so I would assume the 24 will bring a little less as well. But I’m sure it will work amazingly well beyond legal shooting hours. The NXS glass is pretty good.
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

Prolly... If not then he's sure giving Larry a run for his money in the duschbag category. LMFAO

Have you ever seen Larry’s floors house ect. It’s a shït hole.

Not to mention he runs SWFA junk not Nightforce.
Grizz has his panties in a bunch over a guy giving real life advice.
Plus he has a few of them there scopes you all mentioned. TFF.
Real life advice...Is that what that is? Ok stinky you're killing me Larry. How bout some tape and hacksaw pics to round things out. Laffin
Real life advice...Is that what that is? Ok stinky. Laffin

Well I actually talked about scopes, you old wore out booze pusher. Get a life before I really have my way with your tinder azz.
😘
Real life advice...Is that what that is? Ok stinky. Laffin

Well I actually talked about scopes, you old wore out booze pusher. Get a life before I really have my way with your tinder azz.
😘

A call out? Look little Larry's getting upset... A new low even for stinky. Don't forget the gauze and the vaseline bitch LOL
Go stinky. Did you get a good dose of your bran muffins this morning?

Will you all meet up at the Anchorage airport or sump'n?

Prolly... If not then he's sure giving Larry a run for his money in the duschbag category. LMFAO

Jealous is a very ugly color on you grizz.
Try posting more pics of your scope collection.
Take that SB and slum it on a 10-22 so everyone thinks you have it all.

PS, Ken Farrell makes amazing 30mm rings in the low. That’s really advice and darn good also.
That all you got? How bout a throw your rifle in a creek video stinky ...
You definitely got me I’m Larry. lol

Enjoy thinking about me. I know your tinder feelings are destroyed.

Count the scopes in that picture again darling.
Hey, dingodush, are you going to tell us how much money you make doing [bleep] in the hotrack of the slope?
nothing funnier than the 'stick chasers chasing someone other than 'stick. Go get 'im, girls...
Hey, dingodush, are you going to tell us how much money you make doing [bleep] in the hotrack of the slope?

Ya it’s pretty profitable doing [bleep] and tickling ball sacks.
LMFAO.
What ever you say, Don.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
nothing funnier than the 'stick chasers chasing someone other than 'stick. Go get 'im, girls...

Don don’t spook the hole. Crying laughing
I have a fish to drown you guys wait here it might take a while.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/26/21
NF price backs me up . But their weight is the biggest turnoff for me. That is likely part of their dependability, but dang!

Awesome scopes IMO. Just long & heavy in most NXS models & they seem to be too quick to go to overly large objectives.

Again. just my opinion.
Originally Posted by stealthgoat

I have a 32 and 42 that I have used tons. The 2.5-10x24 I have limited time with as it’s on a bro’s AR10, I can say it doesn’t suck. The 42 brings a little more light than the 32 so I would assume the 24 will bring a little less as well. But I’m sure it will work amazingly well beyond legal shooting hours. The NXS glass is pretty good.

Thanks for additional info. I also have a NSX 32mm w/ MILDOT, which is very nice but a little less so at very last light. Part of that might be the Nightforce hollow-dots which are easier to lose in the shadows, at least until I click illumination on ... thanks

Nf’s, Proof Carbons, Ruger 77 rebarreled with a proof in a pink/grey factory McM, Stiller and Mack Bros actions, muzzle brakes, Manners stocks, talking about 375’s, 416’s and 458’s, no spray paint in sight.

Yep sounds like Bigstick to me too. 🙄
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/26/21

Go suck start a Glock kcuntsman... You a stick fan boy are ya? Stick or not, duk the dumb fuqk here is going out of his way to sound like stinky and is every bit as obnoxious. LOL
Grizz, I understand that it’s out of your comfort zone to see someone with a pile of what you wish for. The insults and name calling seems like you are lashing out. If something is bothering you maybe get a life. LOL.

So far you have added nothing about scopes and a ton of your insecurities and shortcomings. But keep it up everyone is on the edge of there seat waiting for your advice. It might be refreshing to have a simpleton’s opinion on scopes with a little budget constraints and lack of knowledge as our guide.

Go suck start a Glock kcuntsman... You a stick fan boy are ya? Stick or not, duk the dumb fuqk here is going out of his way to sound like stinky and is every bit as obnoxious. LOL

Grizz.
You sure have a sharp tongue for a broke Dick wore out old man.
It’s pretty obvious that you are upset that I didn’t post a blanket with cum stains on it.
Grizz, I understand that it’s out of your comfort zone to see someone with a pile of what you wish for. The insults and name calling seems like you are lashing out. If something is bothering you maybe get a life. LOL.

So far you have added nothing about scopes and a ton of your insecurities and shortcomings. But keep it up everyone is on the edge of there seat waiting for your advice. It might be refreshing to have a simpleton’s opinion on scopes with a little budget constraints and lack of knowledge as our guide.

Here's a few more of my "buget constraints" moron. There's more to life than a few Night Force Scopes. Some advice. The glass on my Schmidt Benders is the best I've ever looked through. Way better than any Night Force We're all waiting to more pics of your stuff or did you shoot you wad already LOL

Here's a few more of my "buget constraints" ass hat...

Optics forum jack ass. Stop trying to be a big shot.
If you want to talk rifles let’s get to it. But this thread is scopes.
I’m feeling sorry for you now, as it’s obvious that I have hurt your tinder feelings and this has become a pride issue for you rather than fun talking scopes and eyeboxes. I would rub your nose in the facts more but you wouldn’t understand and I would loss respect of the guys that are actually contributing to this thread. Hint lmfao.
[url=https://postimages.org/][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Grizz this has your dna all over it.
If not obvious I’m from Alaska. Crying laughing.

I’m feeling sorry for you now, as it’s obvious that I have hurt your tinder feelings and this has become a pride issue for you rather than fun talking scopes and eyeboxes. I would rub your nose in the facts more but you wouldn’t understand and I would loss respect of the guys that are actually contributing to this thread. Hint lmfao.

Hey look! duk the dumb fuqk knows how to post up a selfie. Your making this to easy son... No one on here gives a fuqk where your from sock puppet.

Hey look! duk the dumb fuqk knows how to post up a selfie. Your making this to easy son... No one on here gives a fuqk where your from sock puppet.

Oh you got me there, wow!! I’m going to have to watch your, you sneak bastard. LOL.
You seem to care the most and I was trying my best to steer you in a direction that, Might allow you to share your vast knowledge of scopes and such with us.
As I said we are all waiting for you to contribute.

Grizz, how was bingo tonight? You seem a little angry did the cards not pay tonight? Lmfao.

Blue corvette now the little man complex is really obvious.

Grizz, how was bingo tonight? You seem a little angry did the cards not pay tonight? Lmfao.

Awe did I strike a nerve duk? Force you to pull the Alaska card? Reminds us all of another looser on here from Alaska. Laffin.
Scopes dip shït talk scopes. That’s a pictures of a cattle ranch where i keep a few head to help a friend out.
Congrats on the fast car all the classy gals here drive the same car but newer. Don’t feel bad they can’t get hard either!!
Do you have any scope advice or are you going to keep showing your ass over this Alaska thing?

Scopes dip shït talk scopes. That’s a pictures of a cattle ranch where i keep a few head to help a friend out.
Congrats on the fast car all the classy gals here drive the same car but newer. Don’t feel bad they can’t get hard either!!
Do you have any scope advice or are you going to keep showing your ass over this Alaska thing?

You give head to a friend you say? Male I reckon. So to be clear your wanting scope advice? Alright here's some advice duk. Wipe that cum out of your eyes and just maybe you'll be able to see through your scope... Are you always this moronic or is tonight just a special occasion? LMFAO
79S boots?
whistle

Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
79S boots?
whistle

Swing and a miss.
NF 3-10x ?
Originally Posted by hookeye
NF 3-10x ?

SHV.?
They are ok, the glass is Ziess V4 comparable but they lack the zero stop which is a deal breaker for me.
Easy to get behind, compact as far as Nightforce goes.
I'm a convert over to NF. Extra weight is not a deal breaker as it translates into durability. I have 2 NXS 2.5-10x32's, Gathers plenty of light to as late as I want to hunt PLUS the 32 OBJ is a dandy size as my rifles spend quite a bit of time in a scabbard of some sort.
Stinky Dumbf uck, did you get any and we're to your call out. Big bad stinkydumbfuck.

Oh, and to keep this relevant to the thread, don't soak your scopes in the drain field in front of your trailer.
Stinky Dumbf uck, did you get any and we're to your call out. Big bad stinkydumbfuck.

Oh, and to keep this relevant to the thread, don't soak your scopes in the drain field in front of your trailer.

Scouts honor!!! 😂
NF 3-10x ?

SHV.?
They are ok, the glass is Ziess V4 comparable but they lack the zero stop which is a deal breaker for me.

Au contraire mon frere..... I devised a plan to make one, and succeeded. Well, actually I talked a friend into trying something on a 3d printer and it works really well.
Does fred, jud, or dingo have the hardest time spelling Zeiss?
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/27/21
Looks likes stinky I mean duk the dumb fuqk ran out of steam... LOL

Sorry I was kicky ass at the lake.
Literally.
Grizz congrats on not having a fûckn clue. It’s inspirational.
Yep...Stick... Classic "Look at me" BS LMFAO

I’m actually impressed that you are so fûckn dumb.

Tell us how great you are doing with more car pics.
It’s so far from topic that it’s fun.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Does fred, jud, or dingo have the hardest time spelling Zeiss?

Keep trying this sock is getting fun.
How much dick did you suck today duk... Did you have your blankey handy? Laffin
That 28 and 6.5 I didn’t have time for yesterday.

Please stop holding back its seems like your can’t hang
[quote=GRIZZ]How much dick did you suck today duk... Did you have your blankey handy? Laffin[/quote

Is this thread about scopes or how you Envision an optimal way to make money.

Grizz it’s ok some guys don’t eat ,sleeps and breathe rifles !!!
You are obviously one that doesn’t give a [bleep].
Stop pretending too !

Maybe start a thread about Geritol!

I eat live and breath hunting bitch. Same rifles different photos... You're done duk... Dumb fuqk LOL

I eat live and breath hunting bitch. Same rifles different photos... You're done duk... Dumb fuqk LOL

Oh Grizz you definitely impress.
NF 3-10x ?

SHV.?

Au contraire mon frere..... I devised a plan to make one, and succeeded. Well, actually I talked a friend into trying something on a 3d printer and it works really well.

Agreed I made one as well. But for the money they should come with a zero stop.

Grizz on your advice I took up elk hunting. LMFAO.

Did you buy those? Or just pull more pics from the inter web again. I don't see any trophy's Laffin

Did you buy those? Or just pull more pics from the inter web again. I don't see any trophy's Laffin

No dipshit, I’m a elk dentist pulled all those out of the same elk. LMFAO.
You keep not adding anything of value and stomping those feet.
Here is the 3.5-15x50 in Farrell lows.
Proof sendero barrel on a 20 moa rail.

It’s as low as a production ring set will get it.
I use the Leupold aluminum 50mm flip up caps on them the treads aren’t a perfect match but a thickness of white thread tape makes a nice and snug.
FingoFuk is cousins to BigStick I think
FingoFuk is cousins to BigStick I think

Ask Grizz , I am he. LMFAO.

Still waiting for your big game hunting pics dukey LOL
Been following this thread since page 1 and I ain’t figured out yet why err’ body is bashing on Mr. Duk. All he’s done is post pics of some sweet rigs and call out a couple of boomers 🤷‍♀️
Originally Posted by WindowLicker308
Been following this thread since page 1 and I ain’t figured out yet why err’ body is bashing on Mr. Duk. All he’s done is post pics of some sweet rigs and call out a couple of boomers 🤷‍♀️

Read it again dick licker. I'm thinking you and duk the dumb fuqk here have something in common. LOL
Originally Posted by WindowLicker308

Read it again dick licker. I'm thinking you and duk the dumb fuqk here have something in common. LOL

The plot thickens now Big stick has two socks.
NF 3-10x ?

SHV.?

That aside let’s see the 3D printed idea. I just turned an aluminum washer to fit the turret body super tight and sanded it to the correct thickness. Put a line on it for zero. I bet you have a much better idea. Hell they would probably sale like hot cakes around here
The GRIZZ is a tenacious ol' bloodhound. Trouble is, he's half blind, mostly deaf, and his sniffer don't work so good anymore. Toss him a stick and he'll still chase it, but he can't smell who the fugg threw it for him...
The GRIZZ is a tenacious ol' bloodhound. Trouble is, he's half blind, mostly deaf, and his sniffer don't work so good anymore. Toss him a stick and he'll still chase it, but he can't smell who the fugg threw it for him...

😂😂😂

This

This

I’d hang my hat on that one also.
Don gave you an out with some dignity.
At least the hydraulics still work... GFY fred. And don can go stuff himself as well... Shove your dignity bitch. We're all still waiting for your big game kill photos "Hunter" Laffin...

This

I’d hang my hat on that one also.
Don gave you an out with some dignity.

Beautiful.
Posted By: qwk Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/28/21

Elk dentist... LMFAO
Boomers from China states are slower than a one legged retard in a marathon.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/28/21

Unfortunately you are that stupid but keep swinging sweetheart...Careful freddy, won't be long until your covers blown and you get tossed again LOL

Unfortunately you are that stupid but keep swinging sweetheart...Careful freddy, won't be long until your covers blown and you get tossed again LOL

Grizz
You have blown my cover like three times today alone.
Keep guessing it’s fun watching you make a donkey of yourself.
Originally Posted by qwk

Elk dentist... LMFAO
Boomers from China states are slower than a one legged retard in a marathon.

He’s really trying hard so don’t ruff him up to bad.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/28/21

Grizz

Well duk, fred, Captain Nightforce or whatever you call yourself this week the undeniable truth is you're a Grade A ducshebag... Maybe you ought crawl out of your double wide and get some air before you continue with your sniveling fit little one LMFAO

Grizz

Well duk, fred, Captain Nightforce or whatever you call yourself this week the undeniable truth is you're a Grade A ducshebag... Maybe you ought crawl out of your double wide and get some air before you continue with your sniveling fit little one LMFAO

I will take a bow! I’m sure you will be working that pea Brain on over drive trying to get this whole mystery sorted out. LMFAO
Free rent in a spacious cranium.
NF 3-10x ?

SHV.?

That aside let’s see the 3D printed idea. I just turned an aluminum washer to fit the turret body super tight and sanded it to the correct thickness. Put a line on it for zero. I bet you have a much better idea. Hell they would probably sale like hot cakes around here

Same idea. The 3d plastic only takes a minute to sand on a flat surface with sandpaper. You can check the height against the turret as you sand. After the height is right I make a little notch with a dremel for 0 alignment, pull top of dial off and put in on the turret.

I'll post a couple of pics late this evening.
Older Leupold VX III 2.5-8 and a Swarovski Fixed 4 Power. These are the two that I run and have for over 35 years. They sit in Leupold slotted based with Leopold rings. The proof is in the pudding.
Darrel Wick
Nobody seems to have an answer other than spend a $1,000 plus on a Nightforce , S&B or ....

I'll stick with a 3x9 Burris for $200. First scope purchased in 1990 and still using today as my proven scope for new rifles to see if they can shoot.

Threw it down a rocky, icy slope and broke the daggone rifle but the scope keeps working. Only for the past for 30 years!

30mm Japanese scopes like the SS's are interesting, however. Would gladly try one if they could actually get them in stock.
My scopes are built more like Humvee's......

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/29/21
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Nobody seems to have an answer other than spend a $1,000 plus on a Nightforce , S&B or ....

I'll stick with a 3x9 Burris for $200. First scope purchased in 1990 and still using today as my proven scope for new rifles to see if they can shoot.

Threw it down a rocky, icy slope and broke the daggone rifle but the scope keeps working. Only for the past for 30 years!

30mm Japanese scopes like the SS's are interesting, however. Would gladly try one if they could actually get them in stock.

I posted earlier that you can get aTract 3X15 for under 800 dollars or a 2X10 for under 700 dollars and they are excellent in tracking, optics and low light

How do you really feel about Bushy's? (grins)

Nice pile of rifles and glass.
Is that a bighorn second from the front. Bet it handles well.
Yep, TL3 in 6.5 creed. Manners EH-6A. Top one is a SR-3 in PRC, EH-6A too.
This'un is a Bighorn RimX in 22LR. I have another one coming in WSM soon.....

Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/29/21
Nice rifles kcuntsman... The glass not so much. They ain't Nightfarce right duk ya dumb fuqk? LOL
Bigstink will be along to educate you, and tell you why anything other than his choice is junk.
Nice rifles kcuntsman... The glass not so much. They ain't Nightfarce right duk ya dumb fuqk? LOL

Grizz, I've seen lots of pics huntsman has posted with game he has killed. Never seen squat out of you. Post some up, IF you actually have any.

Don, nice rifles, and love those scopes for sure.
This'un is a Bighorn RimX in 22LR. I have another one coming in WSM soon.....

Good taste in hardware.

I’m fence riding between a bighorn or kelbly at the moment. For some reason I want a 6.5x47 Lapua.

Don what wsm ?
17 wsm rimfire
Posted By: Fotis Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/29/21
Nice!
Late getting this posted. Here's the SHV zero stop. Simple 3D ring, sight in at desired distance, sand on flat surface until it fits the gap, dremel/sand a 0 view groove, slip over top and install turret. Unused one beside it.

[Linked Image]
Late getting this posted. Here's the SHV zero stop. Simple 3D ring, sight in at desired distance, sand on flat surface until it fits the gap, dremel/sand a 0 view groove, slip over top and install turret. Unused one beside it.

[Linked Image]

Looks good to me. I get a chance I will snag a pic of the one I made. It’s the same just aluminum.
Gophers will have you on a wanted poster. 😆
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/30/21
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Grizz, I've seen lots of pics huntsman has posted with game he has killed. Never seen squat out of you. Post some up, IF you actually have any.

Don, nice rifles, and love those scopes for sure.

Yeah I never kilt anything ask any one who knows me LOL.. Posted one up early on in the thread go find it bitch. Other than that GFY...
Posted By: Judman Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/30/21
17 wsm rimfire

That’ll be cool Don 👍
just waiting on the barreled action. I got bored and repainted the stocks...

Yeah I never kilt anything ask any one who knows me

I'll bite. Who knows you?
I’m fence riding between a bighorn or kelbly

Maybe this'll help you off that fence ?.....

I’m fence riding between a bighorn or kelbly

Maybe this'll help you off that fence ?.....

I am so disappointed. No cat pic.
the cat pics don't have tank scopes in them....
but I hate to disappoint....

Yeah I never kilt anything ask any one who knows me

I'll bite. Who knows you?
No one on here... I have to say a heavy horned 3X4 Colorado I guess. I use to hunt CO every year between 1983 and 1992. Bob Wells Camp in the White river Nat Forest up by Buford and Yellow Jacket pass.

Look Ma, no brains...

nice roadkill.....
nice roadkill.....

Heres more LOL... I likes killin Yotes

just waiting on the barreled action. I got bored and repainted the stocks...

Don’t care about scopes, what action and barrel Don? Thanks
Buford is a ways from Yellow Jacket......
Zermatt/Bighorn RimX action, Lilja barrel, TT diamond trigger. The .22 has a Proof carbon barrel.

It is but it's the general area. Did you happen to know Bob & Joan Wells? Great folks I reckon their gone now.
Copy that.👍 I’ll stick to a regular snout, but dig a badass custom 17 wsm
Didn't know Bob Wells, but heard of him. I guided for Tom Mikesell/M&M Outfitting outta Craig from '74 to '85....
Good times on his lease.
Those TANKS seem heavy. Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

You are going to get grizz and 6mm all wound up again.
And away we go! LOL
Imagination and Pretend are VERY "real" to Brokedick Whining Clueless Fhuqks...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.......................

Best year ever?? You’re single, lil Kim got humped up by god only knows who, but it’s “the best year ever”… luckily for you, stupidly comes free!!! Haha 😂😂
And away we go! LOL

WE!! Do you have a turd in your pocket retard?

It is but it's the general area. Did you happen to know Bob & Joan Wells? Great folks I reckon their gone now.

Huntsman, was almost your guide. lol
Difference between being a man and paying one.

The 22x47 leaves shït blown up everywhere it goes.
You Brokedicks are a HOOT!

Hint....................

So now its "tough" to let lil kims spawn handle a junk screwdriver on junk riggin?? Good lord you're such a fuucked up dummy..😂😂😂

#babydaddyfinder
Btw you stupid fuuck, who dresses a "boy" in pink???? Etc😂😂😂

Good lord you get stupider by the minute.haha

You gut shoot everything jack ass? All those Nightfarce scopes ain't helping your blind ass... Laffin

You gut shoot everything jack ass? All those Nightfarce scopes ain't helping your blind ass... Laffin

Entered just behind the white on his face you blind old man. That be the exit that you are crying about. Not to mention I don’t eat dog so I could give second thought to saving meat. Keep pretending you have it all.

Entered just behind the white on his face you blind old man. That be the exit that you are crying about. Not to mention I don’t eat dog so I could give second thought to saving meat. Keep pretending you have it all.

So it died of a gut shot complete with a superficial face wound?
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

So it died of a gut shot complete with a superficial face wound?
If you say so marksman LOL...

I have several Redfield Revolutions too. They get the job done.

That's hilarious you post house cats on the interwebs. LOL

We call em feral cats and shoot all kinds of them.

Just as deadly on small game and quail as other predators.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Maybe my post had a hint of sarcasm
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Maybe my post had a hint of sarcasm

👍

Makes me chuckle too as I am not a fan of cats.

I have posted a few but not nearly as many as Don.
Few things are more soothing,than Crying Karen's Brokedick Whine...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!............................
Another bullet flake.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Few things are more soothing,than Crying Karen's Brokedick Whine...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!............................

It’s rude to talk to a toddler like that , Turkey neck
Originally Posted by stevevan1
I'm a convert over to NF. Extra weight is not a deal breaker as it translates into durability. I have 2 NXS 2.5-10x32's, Gathers plenty of light to as late as I want to hunt PLUS the 32 OBJ is a dandy size as my rifles spend quite a bit of time in a scabbard of some sort.

The bolded statement is incorrect. Extra weight can also mean inferior design and engineering.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 06/30/21
A double edged sword here.

The 2.5-10x32 NF is one of their lightest, so a super trade off if you can find them for reasonable coin.

And yes, I agree with the statement on extra weight can be a sign of sloppy design. So not a good attribute on it's own.

But those elusive, sadly discontinued 2.5-10x32's might spell the weight vs. dependability sum.

The 3-9 SWFA is said to be very dependable, a tad heavier than the NF & available only in Mils.

If'n ya like mils, this might be the one.

JMO.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 07/01/21
Another bullet flake.

Dawg! He sure had a lot of blood left in him LOL

Ya, critters bleed when they are kilt proper.

The ticket is to find the bedding area. LOL
What the hell are killing them with?
Nightforce adds 10,000# of energy to anything that goes bang.

But dogs are horrifically allergic to 80 grain MK at 3300 fps.
I reckon I am old school. I kill all of my predators with the likes of 22-250, 220 Swift and last season I used my New Sako 85 in 243. I got to come clean I have a Leupold on my Dakota Predator 222 Rem... Low recoil maybe it will hold up. Eventually I think a NXS 2.5 - 10 X 42 might go on the Dakota. I have one on my AR I use for daylights. I have NXS 3.5 - 15 X50 on my Custom Sako's in 220 Swift and 243

The NXS 3.5 - 15 X50 are bullet proof...

Obviously not, there's a big ol' bullet hole in that scope.
And everyone has been wondering all this time........where all the 30 inchers went.

DingoDuk shot 'em all...........back when they were 19 inches.

Ya, critters bleed when they are kilt proper.

The ticket is to find the bedding area. LOL

Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter
Originally Posted by stevevan1

The bolded statement is incorrect. Extra weight can also mean inferior design and engineering.

The edit was fhuqking funny! Hint.

As per your versions of "knowledge","experience" and "results",do cite the relationship of mass to internals. Especially given the fact,that you'd have to purchase a scope with a scratch,to be able to speak in the firsthand about actual use. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
[quote=MIKEWERNER]And everyone has been wondering all this time........where all the 30 inchers went.

DingoDuk shot 'em all...........back when they were 19 inches.

For all you know mike those are ELK.
Lmfao. You luck mf’er.
Per your advice I upgraded my antelope deer and elk killers [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Just kidding. Advice tff
Sad we had to give a rib for your sort!
LOL
TFF

Perhaps another edit……after some coffee.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 07/02/21

The solder was able to continue is mission. The NXS worked fine and held it's zero...
Posted By: gunzo Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 07/02/21
They've got several, but tis one might be over the top. Cool music too.

Posted By: jwp475 Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 07/02/21
Originally Posted by gunzo

Try that with your Leupold

Hmmmmm, i call bullchit on the video.
Posted By: Teal Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 07/02/21

These are the scopes that get sold as "open box" on web sites...

Hmmmmm, i call bullchit on the video.

I call BS on your call.

The solder was able to continue is mission. The NXS worked fine and held it's zero...

I always chuckle when people post that picture with the words “bullet proof”, for exactly the same reason. There’s a bullet hole through the tube, and it was just plain lucky that the bullet missed the important optical/mechanical elements. Several scope lines are known to tenaciously hold zero, and likely would have held up equally well to a bullet through the tube that missed the lenses and erector assy.

I’m glad the mission was able to continue after the scope tube took a bullet, but I think implying that this means the NXS is “bullet proof” is a bit overplayed.

You and I have a different understanding of the words "bullet proof." The rifle tube has a bullet hole in it; that makes it NOT bullet proof. If the bullet had been a half inch on either side of where it it hit, the scope would have been a lot worse off.

It's like when you read or hear about someone getting shot and the bullet missed a vital organ or blood vessel by scant fractions of an inch and thus the person survived. That does not make them "bullet proff."

Let me introduce you to a new concept that explains it all: LUCK.
Posted By: Teal Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 07/02/21
The flip to that tho - there are a lot of scopes that had more issues than the Nightforce did and they didn't see near as much "trauma" as a round through the scope.
Originally Posted by Teal
The flip to that tho - there are a lot of scopes that had more issues than the Nightforce did and they didn't see near as much "trauma" as a round through the scope.

Exactly

I have several Redfield Revolutions too. They get the job done.

Well I am stealing a couple of those pics to use as troll bait on leftrat forums!
Sticks cat pic is THE one to steal for that chit......

Originally Posted by Teal

Granted, but that does not make the Nightforce "bullet proof", which was the whole (hole?) point.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 07/02/21
Another I like.

Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 07/03/21
Sticks cat pic is THE one to steal for that chit......

That's a big un...

Everything else aside Nightforce for the win!
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Built like a TANK scope.... - 07/03/21
interesting stock.
interesting stock.

Ya it’s mind blowing lol.
FingoFuk is Fugkin Hilarious
Went simple and tough Leupold 2.5x!

Thanks for the help. I ended up buying a 2.5 fixed leupold. Mounted it on my 308 and was ringing steel out to 300 yards which is the max I have shots on deer at in the areas I hunt. I bought a second 2.5 Leupold and mounted that on my 458 win mag. . Great clear simple and durable. Thank you for the recommendation.
© 24hourcampfire