Home
Posted By: BobBrown Blister pack tasco - 08/14/21
Hi. I was strolling around shopping while waitin’ on Granny to get her big toe worked on. I noticed a 33% percent off close out price on a Tasco binoculars and riflescope combo pack. I’ve been looking for a new scope and couldn’t seem to find one I like. By golly gee willipers , I think found one for my new .450 T-Rex Creedmoor. It kicks a smidge more than a 22 Hornet AI so robustness and quality counts. (BlackBart thought I was referring to his old lady when he saw Robust LMAO) .

But more on this nice tasco scope . I threw the binoculars away that came in the blister pack because I want my hunting gear to be as light as possible. The glass is crystal clear like Leupold. Every time I click an adjustment it only makes one clicking sound so tracking and RTZ should be great. The power adjustment ring moves whichever way I push it so good to go there. Also things get bigger or smaller in the FOV depending which way you turn the power ring. My grizzly bear hunt should go off perfectly now that I found this scope.
Posted By: diamondjim Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/14/21
Cheers 🍻🍻🍻
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/14/21
True operators go for the Centerpoint blister packs at walmart. Pretty sure they are the same thing as Nightforce, just a different brand name.

[Linked Image from i5.walmartimages.com]
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/14/21
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Hi. I was strolling around shopping while waitin’ on Granny to get her big toe worked on. I noticed a 33% percent off close out price on a Tasco binoculars and riflescope combo pack. I’ve been looking for a new scope and couldn’t seem to find one I like. By golly gee willipers , I think found one for my new .450 T-Rex Creedmoor. It kicks a smidge more than a 22 Hornet AI so robustness and quality counts. (BlackBart thought I was referring to his old lady when he saw Robust LMAO) .

But more on this nice tasco scope . I threw the binoculars away that came in the blister pack because I want my hunting gear to be as light as possible. The glass is crystal clear like Leupold. Every time I click an adjustment it only makes one clicking sound so tracking and RTZ should be great. The power adjustment ring moves whichever way I push it so good to go there. Also things get bigger or smaller in the FOV depending which way you turn the power ring. My grizzly bear hunt should go off perfectly now that I found this scope.
The free rent is fuggin hilarious ! Course there's plenty of room in that big empty head of yours. LMAO
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/14/21
Any thread about tasco draws BlackBart like a moth to a flame.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/14/21
Do yourself a favor. Instead of mounting it. take it to the woods cuss it good and throw it as hard as you can. That is what I have done with every Tasco and Simmons Cheap scope I ever bought. Cloudy view, won't stay set from day to day on a 22. Save the time and ammo and chunk it now.
Posted By: LFC Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/15/21
True story.

When I shot 600 yard at my gun club there was a man and his son from Arkansas that came to our open shoots...both sported rifles they barreled themselves topped with Tasco target scopes that they had the power bumped up on....if they didn't win they were always in the top running....didn't make me go looking for a Tasco.

Gave me a good laugh when they beat the guys sporting custom guns topped with high powered Leupolds and Nightforce scopes.

I've witnessed Tasco's rule.
Posted By: FTR_Shooter Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/15/21
Originally Posted by BobBrown

That was one of the funniest stories I've ever seen here. Well done.

I'm a little perturbed that some people seemed to believe it to bs true.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/15/21
Originally Posted by auk1124
True operators go for the Centerpoint blister packs at walmart. Pretty sure they are the same thing as Nightforce, just a different brand name.

Rebadged Nightforce...... smile smile
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/15/21
Originally Posted by LFC
True story.

When I shot 600 yard at my gun club there was a man and his son from Arkansas that came to our open shoots...both sported rifles they barreled themselves topped with Tasco target scopes that they had the power bumped up on....if they didn't win they were always in the top running....didn't make me go looking for a Tasco.

The early Tasco World Class TS series scopes are very good scopes. Pretty decent optics and they track great. They were available in 6-24×44, 8-32×44 and fixed 24×44 and 36×44. Most were gloss finished though some of the later ones were available in matte finished.

The World Class Plus series had a 24X and a 36X in 50mm and have the parallax adjustment on the rear of the scope tube where the power ring would normally be.

I have several, one being an ironball test scope that goes on any new rifle for initial range work as well as being used to diagnose possible scope issues on other rifles. That scope has identified quite a few issues with other scopes on other people's rigs.

Good shootin' -Al
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/15/21
Loading up some T-Rex Creedmoor tonight
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/15/21
I never owned or tried their top end scopes just the blister pack ones. And they were worthless.
Posted By: FTR_Shooter Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/15/21
Originally Posted by Prwlr

Rebadged Nightforce...... smile smile

Don't say that here, some will believe you.
Posted By: LFC Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/16/21
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I never owned or tried their top end scopes just the blister pack ones. And they were worthless.

I wouldn't admit it...
Posted By: Judman Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/16/21
Funny thing is, a guy that can hunt would fill more freezers with that glass, than a flatbill, Sitka wearing whiteclaw drinkin March “shooter”!! Haha
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/16/21
Originally Posted by Judman
Funny thing is, a guy that can hunt would fill more freezers with that glass, than a flatbill, Sitka wearing whiteclaw drinkin March “shooter”!! Haha

We were in junior high and up until our early 20s and were using Tasco World Class 3-9x40 and World Class Plus 3-9x44 I believe.

We didn't know any better just kilt schittloads of deer and coyotes with several other feathered or furred critters tossed in. 99% with a 100 grain Sierra Gameking loaded in 243s.

Once the net got going we learned we were using inferior glass and bullets.

Bet I could do the same today if we had same scope and rifle setups.
Simple fact of the matter is, the more the whiteclaw crew bitches, the less huntin/killin they do in general. But they’ll tell ya everything your doin wrong that’s for, then comes the excuses… I just keep on keepin on. 👍👍😂
Posted By: FTR_Shooter Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/16/21

Since you elected to use insults while demonstrating a total lack of reading comprehension, I would not feel bad insulting you back. But that's not my style.

I will just point out that I never made fun of anyone using the optics they can afford or whatever they choose. In this instance, I thought the fable the OP concocted was funny. I thought it was even funnier that some people believed it to be true. You are bringing this to a whole new level of hilarity.

I have an old style Tasco. It's 40 years old at least. I don't use it anymore but I will not get rid of it.
While do you feel the need to whine?? “Affordability” while wearing Sitka gear? Now read it again, now again… and the fact remains, my aforementioned post is correct. But the Sitka cuunts look cool with the big tall turrets. 😂😂
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/16/21
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

We were in junior high and up until our early 20s and were using Tasco World Class 3-9x40 and World Class Plus 3-9x44 I believe.

We didn't know any better just kilt schittloads of deer and coyotes with several other feathered or furred critters tossed in. 99% with a 100 grain Sierra Gameking loaded in 243s.

When I was young I couldn't figure why in the hell anybody'd need a scoped rifle to kill a great big critter like a deer. I was killing the shyt out of them with iron sighted slug guns and .30-30's year after year. Being well practiced at shooting squirrels with an iron sighted .22 at the time, a deer seemed about like shooting at a bus.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/16/21
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

When I was young I couldn't figure why in the hell anybody'd need a scoped rifle to kill a great big critter like a deer. I was killing the shyt out of them with iron sighted slug guns and .30-30's year after year. Being well practiced at shooting squirrels with an iron sighted .22 at the time, a deer seemed about like shooting at a bus.

Heavy barreled rifles didn't have scopes and most guys we ran with were shooting the 24" heavy barreled rifles.

Ruger 77V, Remington 700 VS and a couple Model 70 HB and a lefty Savage tossed in the mix.
Posted By: LFC Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/16/21
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have this World Class Tasco All Game scope with all the bells and whistlers....little lady had it on a .223 Mini Mauser I bought claimed she could hit a ground hawg in the eye at 400 yards....

Said it tracked better then her newer trAck scope.

$300 bucks free shipping USA only....can get you to tracking in classic Tabasco style.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/17/21
Originally Posted by LFC

I have this World Class Tasco All Game scope with all the bells and whistlers....little lady had it on a .223 Mini Mauser I bought claimed she could hit a ground hawg in the eye at 400 yards....

$300 bucks free shipping USA only....can get you to tracking in classic Tabasco style.

If you set it for elk and shoot a whitetail, wonder what happens?
Posted By: LFC Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/17/21
Most hunters can tell the difference between an Elk and Deer....
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/17/21

Everyone makes fun of Fudd.

Old Fudd has killed tons of game around here.
Pump guns, 30-30s....Tasco Weaver, Bushnell....scopes.
Buying ammo by the bullet weight, or brand, not both!

No high dollar clothes, just the clothes he farms/logs/builds in.

Most of the best hunters I know aren't really gun people.
They hunt hard, guns are just their tools.
Posted By: Judman Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/17/21
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Everyone makes fun of Fudd.

Old Fudd has killed tons of game around here.
Pump guns, 30-30s....Tasco Weaver, Bushnell....scopes.
Buying ammo by the bullet weight, or brand, not both!

No high dollar clothes, just the clothes he farms/logs/builds in.

Most of the best hunters I know aren't really gun people.
They hunt hard, guns are just their tools.

#fact
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/17/21
Originally Posted by LFC

If you set it for elk and shoot a whitetail, wonder what happens?

Ground shrinkage.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/19/21
We mounted a new tasco 6x24 on a 50 cal. It held up great and grouped well put to 400 yds
Posted By: Seafire Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/27/21
you scope snobs say what you will, but I've had plenty of Tascos over the decades, and for the price of them, they were a bargain and did the job just fine...
and even held up just fine under hard kicking rifles. I think not having the greatest eye sight is a blessing when it comes to scopes....for my eyes I could see out of them just as well as scopes costing a whole lot more .. Given a lot of them away to people who were in need, but in the long run, I wasn't out much money anyway.

I've always thought it was kind of ridiculous, on how much people brag on how much they spend on their equipment, with evidently the hopes that people will think they are better shooters with more skill. In most instances I see just the opposite. They are really only impressing themselves and the others who have the same frame of mind...

Kinda another instance or example of people who are trying to over compensate for some defect they don't want others to see..

I haven't seen it all, but I've seen a lot in my life time, and I'd bet many one in 10 can actually put the features on an upscale priced scope to use.. Certainly see it at my local range....thousand dollar scope or more and have no idea how to even zero it... and then leave the turrents set where ever they were when they finally hit a target ( sort of) at 100 yds....

a guy who knows how to use his Tasco is better than a guy who doesn't have a clue on how to utilize his Nightforce.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/27/21
I bought a few Tasco in the 80's and 90's, and never had any issues. Didn't they go out of business? Always thought they were good scopes for the money.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/27/21
Originally Posted by LFC

you evidently haven't hunted around Californians who come up to hunt in Oregon...

I've seen a time where one had a Cow Elk Tag and shot some guys Mule grazing on Forest Service land...

My Uncle who raised Black Angus on his 700 acre farm in West VA, a decade or two ago, had people come knock on the door , offering to pay him to come with his tractor, to drag the 'biggest deer " they had ever seen to the road...not evidently knowing the difference between a deer and a cow....

I quit hunting elk here locally.... where I did hunt up by Crater Lake, three years in a row, some hunter shot another hunter bringing in an elk they had shot...
you'd think someone would know the difference between a human in orange and an elk.... but not necessarily so...
Posted By: hookeye Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/27/21
Ive been around gun/scope snobs, and yeah some of em were clueless and or bad shots.

Seen poor performance from folks running cheap gear too.

Dont give a fug what people use.

I let the targets tell me what I need to know.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/27/21
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by LFC

you evidently haven't hunted around Californians who come up to hunt in Oregon...

I've seen a time where one had a Cow Elk Tag and shot some guys Mule grazing on Forest Service land...

My Uncle who raised Black Angus on his 700 acre farm in West VA, a decade or two ago, had people come knock on the door , offering to pay him to come with his tractor, to drag the 'biggest deer " they had ever seen to the road...not evidently knowing the difference between a deer and a cow....

I quit hunting elk here locally.... where I did hunt up by Crater Lake, three years in a row, some hunter shot another hunter bringing in an elk they had shot...
you'd think someone would know the difference between a human in orange and an elk.... but not necessarily so...

Key word here is "most".
Do think it funny when i shoot well ( normal ) and the cheap crap fans compare targets at the backstop.

Mine always better.

Some are complimentary.

Some claim they could do better if they spent the same money.

Some Ive let em shoot my rigs.....they didnt do better LMFAO
I shoot OK gear.

Amazing how so many of the cheap gun/ optics fans drive vehicles costing 10 times what mine did.

Spend the money however one wants.
Had a few old K mart Tasco 4x in the 80s.
No probs.

Got a higher end one yrs later, bad from the start.
Went right in trash.

Tried a Tasco RDS. Died within a few shots.

Aint bought one since.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/27/21
Originally Posted by hookeye
I shoot OK gear.

Amazing how so many of the cheap gun/ optics fans drive vehicles costing 10 times what mine did.

Spend the money however one wants.

Try being a taxidermist... some guy rolls up in his $70k pickup, towing $20k worth of ATV's, with a buck he shot on a $2500 landowner tag .... and then pisses and moans at $700 to mount a deer he'll have for life.
Posted By: Hook Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/29/21
When my oldest began hunting (he's 49 now), I started him off with a 308 wearing a 2.5X Tasco with a 32 mm objective. I don't know how long I'd had it but I it wasn't bought new, must have been on a rifle I bought/traded for. Anyway, I wanted a fixed power so he wouldn't be fiddling with it and I wanted enuf objective that it would gather light. That old Tasco worked well for him and for both of my other kids when their time came. About 5-6 years ago I had it on a rifle and it quit tracking. I gave it to a kid as a toy at a gun show. Over the years it must have gone on and off of close to 10 different rifles from 223 up to 45-70, and worked perfectly up til it died. I wish I had another one just like it to put on the Marlin 1895 I have now....
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/29/21
deal of the season was the yard sale weaver I picked up for a dollar with side mount...
a few age spots, but a nice bright clear picture...
Posted By: erich Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/29/21
Many years ago I had a Tasco 6-18 target scope on my Heavy barrel Springfield target rifle, it had outside adjustments. return to battery spring, looked just like a big Lyman or Unertl work as well also. I did have a World Class 2-7 that would change point of impact 1" at 100 yards going from 2 to 7 power. I put it on my dads model 70 Featherweight and he killed a truck load of deer with it, it never came off of 2x and never had to shoot at 100 yards either, he thought it was perfect, a lot better than the old 4x Weaver he had on it.

A young fellow showed up at an egg shoot with Savage 223 and a Barska scope and walked away with a custom built AR that was first prize. There was a lot of high end equipment there.

An ADC guy I knew thought the Centerpoint scope with an illuminated reticle was the best for night hunting cats and coyotes on local sheep ranches.

If it works for you and you trust it who's to say your wrong.
Posted By: drover Re: Blister pack tasco - 08/29/21
I have a Tasco 4 power with the TV view eyepiece mounted on a 10/22 Deluxe Carbine. I am sure I have had it since the 80's and it is still working just fine. I keep thinking I should replace it with something newer and better but the rifle / scope combo still consistently groups 5 shots into 3/4" @ 50 yards so I am not sure there is much reason to upgrade.

With the 10/22's reputation as being a scope destroyer it is a lot better scope than a $25 blister pack scope would be expected to be.

drover
© 24hourcampfire