Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hi. I was strolling around shopping while waitin’ on Granny to get her big toe worked on. I noticed a 33% percent off close out price on a Tasco binoculars and riflescope combo pack. I’ve been looking for a new scope and couldn’t seem to find one I like. By golly gee willipers , I think found one for my new .450 T-Rex Creedmoor. It kicks a smidge more than a 22 Hornet AI so robustness and quality counts. (BlackBart thought I was referring to his old lady when he saw Robust LMAO) .

But more on this nice tasco scope . I threw the binoculars away that came in the blister pack because I want my hunting gear to be as light as possible. The glass is crystal clear like Leupold. Every time I click an adjustment it only makes one clicking sound so tracking and RTZ should be great. The power adjustment ring moves whichever way I push it so good to go there. Also things get bigger or smaller in the FOV depending which way you turn the power ring. My grizzly bear hunt should go off perfectly now that I found this scope.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Cheers 🍻🍻🍻

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
True operators go for the Centerpoint blister packs at walmart. Pretty sure they are the same thing as Nightforce, just a different brand name.

[Linked Image from i5.walmartimages.com]

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Hi. I was strolling around shopping while waitin’ on Granny to get her big toe worked on. I noticed a 33% percent off close out price on a Tasco binoculars and riflescope combo pack. I’ve been looking for a new scope and couldn’t seem to find one I like. By golly gee willipers , I think found one for my new .450 T-Rex Creedmoor. It kicks a smidge more than a 22 Hornet AI so robustness and quality counts. (BlackBart thought I was referring to his old lady when he saw Robust LMAO) .

But more on this nice tasco scope . I threw the binoculars away that came in the blister pack because I want my hunting gear to be as light as possible. The glass is crystal clear like Leupold. Every time I click an adjustment it only makes one clicking sound so tracking and RTZ should be great. The power adjustment ring moves whichever way I push it so good to go there. Also things get bigger or smaller in the FOV depending which way you turn the power ring. My grizzly bear hunt should go off perfectly now that I found this scope.
The free rent is fuggin hilarious ! Course there's plenty of room in that big empty head of yours. LMAO

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Any thread about tasco draws BlackBart like a moth to a flame.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Do yourself a favor. Instead of mounting it. take it to the woods cuss it good and throw it as hard as you can. That is what I have done with every Tasco and Simmons Cheap scope I ever bought. Cloudy view, won't stay set from day to day on a 22. Save the time and ammo and chunk it now.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
True story.

When I shot 600 yard at my gun club there was a man and his son from Arkansas that came to our open shoots...both sported rifles they barreled themselves topped with Tasco target scopes that they had the power bumped up on....if they didn't win they were always in the top running....didn't make me go looking for a Tasco.

Gave me a good laugh when they beat the guys sporting custom guns topped with high powered Leupolds and Nightforce scopes.

I've witnessed Tasco's rule.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by BobBrown

That was one of the funniest stories I've ever seen here. Well done.

I'm a little perturbed that some people seemed to believe it to bs true.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by auk1124
True operators go for the Centerpoint blister packs at walmart. Pretty sure they are the same thing as Nightforce, just a different brand name.

Rebadged Nightforce...... smile smile

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
True story.

When I shot 600 yard at my gun club there was a man and his son from Arkansas that came to our open shoots...both sported rifles they barreled themselves topped with Tasco target scopes that they had the power bumped up on....if they didn't win they were always in the top running....didn't make me go looking for a Tasco.

The early Tasco World Class TS series scopes are very good scopes. Pretty decent optics and they track great. They were available in 6-24×44, 8-32×44 and fixed 24×44 and 36×44. Most were gloss finished though some of the later ones were available in matte finished.

The World Class Plus series had a 24X and a 36X in 50mm and have the parallax adjustment on the rear of the scope tube where the power ring would normally be.

I have several, one being an ironball test scope that goes on any new rifle for initial range work as well as being used to diagnose possible scope issues on other rifles. That scope has identified quite a few issues with other scopes on other people's rigs.

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Loading up some T-Rex Creedmoor tonight

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I never owned or tried their top end scopes just the blister pack ones. And they were worthless.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by auk1124

Rebadged Nightforce...... smile smile

Don't say that here, some will believe you.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I never owned or tried their top end scopes just the blister pack ones. And they were worthless.

I wouldn't admit it...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Funny thing is, a guy that can hunt would fill more freezers with that glass, than a flatbill, Sitka wearing whiteclaw drinkin March “shooter”!! Haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman
Funny thing is, a guy that can hunt would fill more freezers with that glass, than a flatbill, Sitka wearing whiteclaw drinkin March “shooter”!! Haha

We were in junior high and up until our early 20s and were using Tasco World Class 3-9x40 and World Class Plus 3-9x44 I believe.

We didn't know any better just kilt schittloads of deer and coyotes with several other feathered or furred critters tossed in. 99% with a 100 grain Sierra Gameking loaded in 243s.

Once the net got going we learned we were using inferior glass and bullets.

Bet I could do the same today if we had same scope and rifle setups.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Simple fact of the matter is, the more the whiteclaw crew bitches, the less huntin/killin they do in general. But they’ll tell ya everything your doin wrong that’s for, then comes the excuses… I just keep on keepin on. 👍👍😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

Since you elected to use insults while demonstrating a total lack of reading comprehension, I would not feel bad insulting you back. But that's not my style.

I will just point out that I never made fun of anyone using the optics they can afford or whatever they choose. In this instance, I thought the fable the OP concocted was funny. I thought it was even funnier that some people believed it to be true. You are bringing this to a whole new level of hilarity.

I have an old style Tasco. It's 40 years old at least. I don't use it anymore but I will not get rid of it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
While do you feel the need to whine?? “Affordability” while wearing Sitka gear? Now read it again, now again… and the fact remains, my aforementioned post is correct. But the Sitka cuunts look cool with the big tall turrets. 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

We were in junior high and up until our early 20s and were using Tasco World Class 3-9x40 and World Class Plus 3-9x44 I believe.

We didn't know any better just kilt schittloads of deer and coyotes with several other feathered or furred critters tossed in. 99% with a 100 grain Sierra Gameking loaded in 243s.

Once the net got going we learned we were using inferior glass and bullets.

Bet I could do the same today if we had same scope and rifle setups.
When I was young I couldn't figure why in the hell anybody'd need a scoped rifle to kill a great big critter like a deer. I was killing the shyt out of them with iron sighted slug guns and .30-30's year after year. Being well practiced at shooting squirrels with an iron sighted .22 at the time, a deer seemed about like shooting at a bus.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,837
Posts18,478,100
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.