Home
Posted By: kk alaska SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/19/22
https://www.swfa.com/taxday2022
Posted By: sbhooper Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/19/22
Great deal on 10x scopes, but I don’t need any. I did buy two sets of their great rings.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/19/22
I've never heard of them. Are they legit? Hint..................(grin)

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: kk alaska Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/19/22
Any break a 1x4 SWFA? Have several but not shot them enough to see how they hold up
If I recall correctly,Chris and someone else has. Had two pards end up with wonkie ones from The Sample List. I doubt I barely have a dozen of them in service,but have always pinned magnification at 4x to align erector with windshield and drive them as Illuminated Fixed Fhuqkers. Hint.

These were slated to a trio of stripped lowers,I have blowing in the wind and I ain't aspooked,as I've flogged on mine rather goodly. Hint..............
Posted By: Firth Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/19/22
I've had two that had issues. First was bought off the sample list and would not focus. The replacement worked fine for all of a couple trips to the hills (used on an AR-15) and then the magnification ring seized up. Pulled it off and sent it back and the third has been peachy through a few hundred rounds. Only complaint was most of this went down during covid and sometimes it took a while to get a replacement. Not blaming SWFA for that, but it was still a mild nuisance.

Sometimes my luck amazes me.

edited to add: Talking about the SWFA 1x4
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/19/22
Thanks for the heads up KK.

SS10x42 and low rings headed my way. Great scope for $200. I've other SS scopes, solid like a rock. The SS rings are good to go too.
I've never heard of those rings. Are they legit? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
Posted By: skeen Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/19/22
Alright, just for sh*ts & giggles, I bought a SS 1-4x24.

Is this another one of those deals where I wait a year for the scope to ship? grin
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/19/22
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Any break a 1x4 SWFA? Have several but not shot them enough to see how they hold up

I have one currently riding my scope-killer Mini-14. If it survives there, I’ll call it good. Nearing the 200-round mark.

Really like it otherwise, especially on sale.
"SHIP99" Gets you free shipping. Put my order in last night and it just shipped.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/19/22

(Super) Chicken for dinner !!!
Easily arranged. Bummed that I missed the 5-20x FFP MQ Lit Bitch HD on The Sample List yesterday,as I hear good thangs. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Posted By: gunzo Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
A 10 & a 12x coming to Kentuck along with several ring sets & some lense covers.

Have read here that the 12x lacks compared to the 10, but at the money they're selling for this week I just had to see for myself.
Posted By: ChrisAU Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Originally Posted by skeen

Is this another one of those deals where I wait a year for the scope to ship? grin

I ordered a 10x yesterday at lunch and by 3PM it had been scanned by the local post office.

I’m really PO’d that I didn’t think to look at sample list at the ass crack of dawn Monday morning. Looked like 3+ 3-9x42’s went for under $500.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22

Acquaintance had a turret push in the tube when it fell over while leaning against something. From what I understand it wasn't a hard landing, just slipping over.

They don't have the "OK for 50 Caliber" note that most of the SWFA's do.

I ordered a 10x yesterday along with several pairs of rings and a few levels......tough to beat for the $.
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Originally Posted by gunzo
A 10 & a 12x coming to Kentuck along with several ring sets & some lense covers.

Have read here that the 12x lacks compared to the 10, but at the money they're selling for this week I just had to see for myself.

I have a 12x42 and no complaints. Originally mounted on a 22rimjob I used for club NRL22 shoots, it's on a 223 bolt gun now, works as it should.
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I have one currently riding my scope-killer Mini-14. If it survives there, I’ll call it good. Nearing the 200-round mark.

Does the diamond illuminate bright enough for midday use?
Posted By: GregW Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Those fixed 10's for $200 is the deal of the year. I already have 4 and 2 are backups but I might think I need more...

Posted By: Higginez Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Originally Posted by GregW
Those fixed 10's for $200 is the deal of the year. I already have 4 and 2 are backups but I might think I need more...

No kidding Greg!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Illuminatti's wear a 16A ocular and 02A objective. Hint.

As the 10x and 12x Fixed Fhuqkers go,there is an optical hit in the magnification increase and that's to be expected,when sharing like mechanical attributes and coatings. Such things are obviously noticeable,but the 12x is doable and it's reticle is easy to shoot "through". Jump to 16x and 20x,then doors REALLY start to slam shut optically,along with big hits in erector travel. Less is sooooooo very much more there and Physics is yet again reassuring. Hint.

For the meager asking price,the 10x MQ will end up blowing alotta minds,as dissenters will finally get to taste a scope that behaves correctly mechanically and that will be liberating,which will change tunes. Tap if you must,cross fingers if you like,but beware...the fhuqking things are gonna reliably do that which you've neverexperienced and there's NO stopping them,which is THE fhuqking point. Pad inclination more than a bunch( I want a minimum of 70MOA on a straight rifle) and live a little,with 40 Mil's of available erector travel and 10 more obviously on the windshield,for 50 Mil ele corrections,from a sane zero. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Originally Posted by 24HourCampFireGuy50
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Does the diamond illuminate bright enough for midday use?

Mine’s not, certainly not against all backgrounds. At 8:30 this morning, with it cranked up to 10, it showed red against a tree trunk in direct sunlight, but black against anything lighter, like the concrete birdbath in my backyard. However, when I “killed” a grackle on that birdbath, the reticle was clearly red against it. For dependable, all-lighting visibility, you’ll probably pay more, and maybe not get it even then. Then there’s the issue of some being too bright for night use……

This one works fine for my puposes. The fine center dot makes aiming small easy, provided the target color is suitable. The larger diamond is good for fast pickup. I could see one on a woods rifle or a .22 plinker as well as blasters like the Mini. I like my Trijicons better, but it didn’t cost anywhere near Trijicon money.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22

That is tempting at that price. I hate to enable their BS practice of selling what the don’t have, but…
Posted By: Mossy Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Is there a consensus on the preferred 10x?? Mil-quad vs MOA-quad??
I'm ordering 2 milquads.
Posted By: Starbuck Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Mossy:

AFAIK, they're substantially the same reticle design, except one measures in Milradian and the other in MOA. All of my SWFA's are in Mil.

The main thing is that the reticle jives with the adjustment system. I use both systems, but prefer Mil based systems. Seems more intuitive and quicker to navigate a 1:10 system. Likewise, you get 5 mil per spin with the mil based classics, which, to me, is easier to work with than the 15 MOA per spin the MOA version gives.
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Mossy:

AFAIK, they're substantially the same reticle design, except one measures in Milradian and the other in MOA. All of my SWFA's are in Mil.

The main thing is that the reticle jives with the adjustment system. I use both systems, but prefer Mil based systems. Seems more intuitive and quicker to navigate a 1:10 system. Likewise, you get 5 mil per spin with the mil based classics, which, to me, is easier to work with than the 15 MOA per spin the MOA version gives.
Agreed, I’ve never seen a car with MPH on the speedometer and KM on the odometer.

It depends how you were raised. MOA is easier to an American carpenter who has used a standard tape measure his whole life. I’m used to calculating in 0.25 inches. Dialing a correction in at 0.36 inches per click (1/10milrad) takes to long to do the math. Or at 1,000yd, 2.5 inches and 3.6inches respectively.
Mossy:

Agreed, I’ve never seen a car with MPH on the speedometer and KM on the odometer.

It depends how you were raised. MOA is easier to an American carpenter who has used a standard tape measure his whole life. I’m used to calculating in 0.25 inches. Dialing a correction in at 0.36 inches per click (1/10milrad) takes to long to do the math. Or at 1,000yd, 2.5 inches and 3.6inches respectively.

What type of tape measure you’re used to shouldn’t make any difference. You’re not quite there yet if you’re still making corrections based on inches, or any other rectilinear measure, rather than thinking purely in angular units.

I also grew up building with tape measures in inches and feet, and using scopes that adjusted in MOA. While I’m fluent in both, scopes with MRAD increments are simply more intuitive than MOA-based scopes, at least the way they’ve always been designed.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

That is tempting at that price. I hate to enable their BS practice of selling what the don’t have, but…

I’ve never known SWFA to BS folks about their stock. Yes, the SS scopes are often on “backorder”, but they’ve been pretty honest (at least, for the last few years) about when they are “in stock”, vs when they are “backorder status”.
As Illumination goes,The Illuminatti isn't dependent upon literal illumination,for a couple few reasons. One being it's magnification range. The second being it's reticle design. Lastly,because it is SFP. Which is why I pin 'em to 4x and drive same as mentioned prior. Hint.

Now as light falls,The Illumanitti's are certainly capable of shedding light on the subject. Pun intended. Their design wasn't to crossover as a Red Dot,for the above cited mechanical reasons and that "concession" don't hurt production. It is FAST and that don't suck. Hint.

I am VERY fhuqking "Surprised!" that Poor Poor(literally) Paula,is Too Fhuqking Stupid to call and get a person on the phone and query whether the scope she can't afford,is in stock or not. That's some "cutting edge" Shopping "abilities" there and I reckon she'd need to bump chin strap tightness about (2) notches,to even attempt same. Cross fingers for her and KNOW that her helmet ain't False Advertisement. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

As to MOA/MilQuad,it's akin between "choosing" betwixt a Schit Sandwich or a Burger. MOA is a convoluted Fairy Tale,while NOTHING is more intuitive than a lineal angular Milscale. As subtensions go,the MOA reticle is easy to get lost in,because it is so faint/fine in comparison. MQ subtensions are thicker and vastly superior in cited examples of each. Pardon my shooting it all. Hint.

Now as to some STUPID Drooling Clueless Fhuqk,trying to apply "Math Conversion" where there is none,that is funnier than fhuqk! Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

The milscale has NO "conversion" requisite,nor do you need to "learn" a new "language" or anything else. It is simply a Base Ten lineal angular scale and that in itself,is it's majestic and unrivaled beauty. DOPE is simply ran in erector value,which equates to reticle value(1/10th Mil) and ALL corrections,whether elevation,drift or lead,are simply applied as same. You can take your shoes and socks off if you want and try REALLY hard to fhuqk same up,but I would not. Hint.

The reticle(10x MQ). Hint.

Dope. Hint.

Now which one of you Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqks,can botch the simplistic application of same?!? Just by simply looking through the fhuqking thing and the cited 50yd zero with Eley EPS,240yds is a breeze. Why? There's 10 Mil's of etched correction on the windshield. A 10mph full value interference is but 2.4 Mil's of correction and easily doable,upon the magnificent reticle. That grants serious business in 20mph Full Value,with the reticle alone. Wind impetus is lineal,at ANY given distance. 500yds is hardly "daunting" and only a 29.7 Mil correction. You can dial 20 and hold 9.7 or ANY fhuqking combination of same and that's where the boolit will go. Full Value wind there,is only 4.7 Mil's and the deed is done. Hint.

I actually run Rimfire DOPE in 10yd increments,because of it's lineal base ten values. HINT.

Note,there was no "conversion",shoes and socks stayed on and it takes but only seconds to apply,as per whim. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

The Astute can know break wind values down and use same as a Wind Finder. You dialed crosshair intersection at 200yds for a 7.4 Mil elevation input and guessed wind at Full Value (10mph) but were .2 Mil's right? Now you KNOW it was blowing 11 MPH. The only thing you "converted" was a Guess,into a KNOW. Hint.

What else can't you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks not do,besides operate a phone and keep your shoes on? Hint.

Posted By: fortymile Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Big Stick you wouldn't happen to have a chart like that for 17 HMR would you? Or point me in the direction of the ballistic app you use. I have a SS10x42MQ side focus on the way and it's going on my HMR.
Posted By: Starbuck Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Mossy:

What type of tape measure you’re used to shouldn’t make any difference. You’re not quite there yet if you’re still making corrections based on inches, or any other rectilinear measure, rather than thinking purely in angular units.

I also grew up building with tape measures in inches and feet, and using scopes that adjusted in MOA. While I’m fluent in both, scopes with MRAD increments are simply more intuitive than MOA-based scopes, at least the way they’ve always been designed.

Jordan and BS gave great explanations, as usual. I used imperial measurements as a builder for many years. Still do a lot of hands on building. Mil is an easier angular representation to work through no matter how you learned to measure.

Best thing you can say about MOA is that it gets the job done. However, like BDC's, custom marked turrets, SFP's, etc, there's simpler and, by extension, quicker ways to accomplish the goal of consistently hitting far away targets.
Yep, ring hoarder, lol...........Rings are on sale now too, $18 vs normal $34.

Originally Posted by Big Stick
I've never heard of those rings. Are they legit? Hint.

Posted By: mibowhunter Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Originally Posted by fortymile
Big Stick you wouldn't happen to have a chart like that for 17 HMR would you? Or point me in the direction of the ballistic app you use. I have a SS10x42MQ side focus on the way and it's going on my HMR.

Looks like JBM ballistics
I bought a couple of scopes from them last week. I didn't think about a tax day sale.

I saw that on Monday they did the 10% off and emailed them about it and they retroactively gave me 10% off on the scopes I had bought last week.

That is great service!
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Mossy:

Jordan and BS gave great explanations, as usual. I used imperial measurements as a builder for many years. Still do a lot of hands on building. Mil is an easier angular representation to work through no matter how you learned to measure.

Best thing you can say about MOA is that it gets the job done. However, like BDC's, custom marked turrets, SFP's, etc, there's simpler and, by extension, quicker ways to accomplish the goal of consistently hitting far away targets.

Once I realized that you could get/make a drop chart that is in Mil or MOA and nothing about inches/meters/arshins, it "clicked" (Bad pun).

Milradians much easier to adjust with.

For instance:

Federal 30-06 at 400 yards with a 180 gr Nosler Partition with a 100 yd zero.

Drop 7.7 MOA or 2.3 mil.

Much easier to just click 23 times versus mentally calculating 7.7 X 4 = 30.8 and clicking up 31 times.

I wouldn't even look at the vertical drop distance. I don't care. It doesn't make any difference.

Same thing if I wanted to hold over instead of dialing. Hold over just slightly less than the 2.5 mill hash mark.

My only problem is finding a good dialing mil scope that doesn't weigh over 20 oz.

(That is every actually in stock.....)

I've never heard of that scope. Hint.(grin)

"JBM" was eluded to and that was where/how the above data was generated. Good info in,never don't equal GREAT info out. All of my Hummers wear sumptin' MQ,whether it my Garrows,Anschutz 1717D HB,Custom 77/22 Hummer,CZ 452 or a slight deviation of the path ala Barken Arkin on my Vudoo Hummer. 'Course lotsa them on RAR's in these parts too. A smidge of The Herd. Hint.

Assuming an MQ reticle/erector,I don't even use a chronograph any more and leap right to Ballistics AE. That goes for the last coupla dozen new rifles,as a minimum. Simply gun a Zero suited to said chambering and it's bullet,run something generic and with but a coupla shots down range and ideally near it's Transonic Slip,shoot said data. Use the reticle to quantify the correction,push a button and ALL is aligned to said distance. I LOVE the 17HMR,but 22LR transitions much better and behaves MUCH better beyond the Transonic Slip(if there even is one in 22LR). So at Long Range,the 22LR will simply DESTROY a Hummer and that's before ammo consistency is extrapolated. Hint.

Just sayin'.................

Crow',

You NEED to forget,everything you "think" you fhuqking "know". Simply take notes and apply same. Hint.

Firstly,you can't dial 7.7 MOA nor 30.8 "clicks". Secondly,it may be 2497 seconds before Noon,but it's simply "20 after 11:00". On a MQ reticle,you'll never need to count more than TWO fhuqking "clicks". Dial whole or .5 mil's as indicated upon the turret and you will NEVER need to count more than TWO,in order to arrange a solution mechanically. Hint.

Posted By: Hondo64d Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Mossy:

Folks new to mil reticles have a hard time grasping that you don’t care how many inches in an MRAD. It is simply irrelevant. You dial or hold your DOPE in mils, not inches. Same with MOA. You dial or hold your DOPE in MOA, not inches. Mils are very intuitive because it’s base 10 in nature. The only ruler you need is right in front of your eye in the reticle.

John
Need 10 mil elevation per dope, dial 10 mil on turret.

Need 10 moa elevation per dope, dial 10 moa on turret.

Same. Calculator I use outputs moa for elev/wind.
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Don’t know why Rick doesn’t make this a sticky. The information in this post is priceless to anyone trying to understand how to use a scope that has a reticle based on angular measurements (Mil or MOA).

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...le-turrets-and-proper-usage#Post12448503

John
MrsTooDumb,

You are in over your pointy head. Hint.

Posted By: beretzs Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Mossy:

Folks new to mil reticles have a hard time grasping that you don’t care how many inches in an MRAD. It is simply irrelevant. You dial or hold your DOPE in mils, not inches. Same with MOA. You dial or hold your DOPE in MOA, not inches. Mils are very intuitive because it’s base 10 in nature. The only ruler you need is right in front of your eye in the reticle.

John

Exactly. A 1 shot zero is easy. If it hits ANYWHERE I just lay the reticle on and dial what the reticle says. I hurts peoples brain to not care how many inches or whatever I was off.
Just did same,earlier in the morning,with a new scope upon a known rifle. Hint.

Boresighted at 25yds,shot (1) hole in 100yd paper(.7 Mil's left and .3 low of center),corrected windage,came up .8 Mil's for it's prescribed zero,fired a 2nd time and was .5 Mil high and centered. Zero'd turrets and 3rd shot was on 900yd steel. Not much to it. Hint.............
Posted By: 7_08FAN Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Seriously, when I try to get on their site, it say 403 forbidden, this is on iPad and iPhone. Any ideas what’s up?
No issues here. Dial (972-SCOPE-IT). Hint................
Posted By: 7_08FAN Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Got them and he is providing my info to their IT department. Thanks Stick.
Posted By: pacb811 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
MOA-QUAD vs MIL-QUAD ?
Posted By: beretzs Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22

Boresighted at 25yds,shot (1) hole in 100yd paper(.7 Mil's left and .3 low of center),corrected windage,came up .8 Mil's for it's prescribed zero,fired a 2nd time and was .5 Mil high and centered. Zero'd turrets and 3rd shot was on 900yd steel. Not much to it. Hint.............

It’s a nice feeling to not have to guess, or tap, or pray, or whatever to make stuff go where it’s supposed.

I’d think people would care more about how well a scope tracked and held zero. I’d sure as hell wouldn’t drive a truck that only steered where it felt like or the steering was “sorta” centered driving straight down the road whistle
Posted By: fortymile Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Thanks Stick. I will take a look at JBM and Ballistic AE and appreciate your advice on trueing it up.
That sounds like older Dodge Ram steering.
'FAN,

They are exceptionally good folks. Hint............

'11,

Read the fhuqking Thread. Hint...........

'retzs,

VERY fhuqking few folks actually fhuqking shoot,which is why Reupold and Vortex are swooned. The Paper Hat Brigade likes to prove same,if only obliviously. Hint...........(grin)

'mile,

Both use the same engine/solver,but AE is VERY fhuqking intuitive and works great on the fly,without service. Headed out in a bit,with a new Lot of 22LR fodder and will lean on AE heavily,as the chronograph pouts at home,on the fhuqking sidelines. AE will autoload Factory Fodder,at their advertised velocity and it takes only a shot or two to true same. Hint.

It just AMAZINGLY Fhuqking Stupid GOOD. Hint.............
Posted By: Kaleb Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22
Originally Posted by beretzs

It’s a nice feeling to not have to guess, or tap, or pray, or whatever to make stuff go where it’s supposed.

I’d think people would care more about how well a scope tracked and held zero. I’d sure as hell wouldn’t drive a truck that only steered where it felt like or the steering was “sorta” centered driving straight down the road whistle

This is it and it does blow minds. Most people are used to shooting a box of “shells” to get her set in a inch high at one hundred.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/20/22

Originally Posted by pacb811
MOA-QUAD vs MIL-QUAD ?

All I've done is MQ on these. 0.1 Mil adjustment = 0.36" @ 100 yds. 1/4 MOA clicks are, well, 1/4" at 100 yds. Slight advantage to MOA on the precision of the adjustments.

The reticles are different. Six one way, half a dozen the other.

Their biggest proponent has a preference . . . hint . . .

While a LOVELY Theory,that sure as fhuqk ain't how the ball bounces. I find it plum AMAZING,that folks can fhuqk schit up sooooo very reliablyy,despite all having been set upon a Silver Platter on THE very Thread. Hint.

The "conversions" were a nice touch,as was botching MOA to boot. Hint.

So were the edit. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

I've never heard of that scope. Hint.(grin)

"JBM" was eluded to and that was where/how the above data was generated. Good info in,never don't equal GREAT info out. All of my Hummers wear sumptin' MQ,whether it my Garrows,Anschutz 1717D HB,Custom 77/22 Hummer,CZ 452 or a slight deviation of the path ala Barken Arkin on my Vudoo Hummer. 'Course lotsa them on RAR's in these parts too. A smidge of The Herd. Hint.

Assuming an MQ reticle/erector,I don't even use a chronograph any more and leap right to Ballistics AE. That goes for the last coupla dozen new rifles,as a minimum. Simply gun a Zero suited to said chambering and it's bullet,run something generic and with but a coupla shots down range and ideally near it's Transonic Slip,shoot said data. Use the reticle to quantify the correction,push a button and ALL is aligned to said distance. I LOVE the 17HMR,but 22LR transitions much better and behaves MUCH better beyond the Transonic Slip(if there even is one in 22LR). So at Long Range,the 22LR will simply DESTROY a Hummer and that's before ammo consistency is extrapolated. Hint.

Just sayin'.................

Crow',

You NEED to forget,everything you "think" you fhuqking "know". Simply take notes and apply same. Hint.

Firstly,you can't dial 7.7 MOA nor 30.8 "clicks". Secondly,it may be 2497 seconds before Noon,but it's simply "20 after 11:00". On a MQ reticle,you'll never need to count more than TWO fhuqking "clicks". Dial whole or .5 mil's as indicated upon the turret and you will NEVER need to count more than TWO,in order to arrange a solution mechanically. Hint.

Can you explain why you can't dial 7.7 MOA on a MOA adjustment scope? It should be the same. Dial 31 clicks or 7 and then 3 additional 1/4 clicks assuming it is a 1/4 MOA scope as the SWFA MOA Quad specs call out.

It should be the same with more clicks since Minutes are a finer measurement than milradians.

Unless I am missing something. Be technical, I can handle it. I am an engineer.😉
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22
Fhuqking Engineers are the WORST,I gotta wipe their asses daily. Hint.

7.7 can't be divided .25...if only for fhuqking starters. Hint.

Headed out with a pard to go shoot LR rimfire come-ups on some new ammo,or I'd mention that MOA and 1/4" are two very different lineal scales. Oooops! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGING!..............
Mine are shipped !
Thank you.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22
MOA comeups seemed to work very well for me for the F-TR competitions. Hi-Master at mid range, Master at Long range.

That's 0.5 moa X ring, 1 moa 10 ring, ie-~3" X at 600 yard, ~5" X at 1k yard.

With 200 yard zero, dial moa elevation for 600, in 10 ring 1st sighter, same for 1k yard, etc.

MOA works. MilRad works. Suit yerself. Both are units of angular measure.

Stick claims to shoot lots, prolly does, so what.
Posted By: mibowhunter Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22

Headed out with a pard to go shoot LR rimfire come-ups on some new ammo,or I'd mention that MOA and 1/4" are two very different lineal scales. Oooops! Hint.

Might be incorrect, but if I was figuring 7.7 in MOA terms,
it would really be 7.75 ,which indeed can be divided by .25

I might shoot more arrows than bullets lately. Haha
Ps.. I'm not an engineer...grin
Posted By: mibowhunter Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22
Stick,
What height rings in the SS -Tac do you normally run on a 700 platform ?

Pic rail ?

2 piece base?

Thanks

Yes, we are the guys that have to come and show how to read a print and how the equipment works better when you plug it in.

You are correct, 7.7 can't, you have to round up or down. But the most error you will have between .25 graduations is .125 MOA right?

Since Minutes are a finer/smaller measurement than radians, the error between graduations are smaller. At 1000 yards the .125 MOA error is a 1.31" linear value.

Similarly while milradian scopes generally have .1 graduations true exterior ballistics don't follow a perfect .1mil path and they also have some error between .1 mils. Maximum error between would be .05 mil which is 1.8" of error at 1000 yards.

I am sure you misspoke on that last bit being you know that MOA, like radians is an angular measurement not a linear measurement so of course they arent on the same scale. They aren't the same type of measurement.

You don't think that 1/4 MOA on the turret of MOA scope represents 1/4",do you since I don't see where you are getting that from.

I love to learn so if I am wrong about this, teach me.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22

Has it shipped yet?
Posted By: skeen Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22

Has it shipped yet?

Yes, Sir, I think so. Maybe. Got an email about 2 hours ago, saying so, with a blank tracking number.
Posted By: beretzs Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
That sounds like older Dodge Ram steering.

Watch it! We can all BS about scopes but let’s not bring trucks into this grin
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22
Low should be fine if you got a rail. Probably be too low on 2 piece bases like Warnes

Snagged one of them fhuqking scopes too.
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22
Don’t know why Rick doesn’t make this a sticky. The information in this post is priceless to anyone trying to understand how to use a scope that has a reticle based on angular measurements (Mil or MOA).

John

It was a sticky for a fair while, but it mysteriously got dropped when cameraland took over sponsorship of this page I guess it was hurting their bottom line
mibo',

Point is/was,that someone who claims to shoot,don't cite DOPE in units that cain't be dialed. Hint....................(grin)

Crow',

You are fretting other languages(Mil's),less having a clue about your own. Hint.

Base Ten is obviously a breeze and boringly fhuqking constant,constant. If a "click's" size horns you up,then more power to you,but that ain't the schit you should fret,because within reason it really doesn't fhuqking matter. If a scope is 1/8" IPHY,MOA,1/4" IPHY or 1/10 mil and ACTUALLY moves same,repeats and holds zero,you are there. I've got/shot them all. Those graduations tend to effect erector travel and I'm slow to trade erector travel for a diminished "click" size,when it is in fhuqking reason. The Reupold MK4 M3 Fixed Fhuqkers(6 and 10x),squarely constitues some of Reupold's best efforts and that despite 1 MOA elevation "clicks" and .5 MOA windage "clicks". Not my favorite and much of that due to gross erector travel,more than "click" value. Though Reupold struggles with everything. Hint.

1/4" IPHY is different from .25 MOA,if only again. Hint.

NOBODY gunning a Milscale,is gonna say "I was halfa' click off at 1000yds...I wish this bitch was 1/4" IPHY". Hint.

Paula,

Could you place trembling fingers to a phone and do for yourself...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Didn't think so. Hint.

'45,

I missed the base/ring query,but in broad brush strokes,Swiffer Low's will happily compliment their Fixed Fhuqkers aboard a 700 wearing a VS/PSS contour. That's wearing caps on Burris Xtreme 2-piecers. There are Splendid Pixels above,denoting same. Hint.............

'Rock,

I musta' missed that Thread,was someone being less than nice? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22
Warne bases and SWFA Lows, doesn’t get any lower
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Warne bases and SWFA Lows, doesn’t get any lower
[Linked Image]

The price on them doesn’t stink either.
Unless one goes Weaver,opens the cross slot to 1913 and drives Low's upon same...if only because they have a lower deck height Hint.(grin)

Not that I haven't opened lotsa Warnes up too. Hint.

I was read into it,that the concerns were "too low",as in contour concerns. Hint..................
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22
Originally Posted by Mossy
Is there a consensus on the preferred 10x?? Mil-quad vs MOA-quad??

I like the MOA just based on the pics but they are basically the same style. That said its time for me to try a MIL based reticle.

MIL
[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

MOA
[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22

Looks like finer graduations on the MOA reticle to me - e.g. 0.5 Mil vs. 1.0 MOA
Bruce Jenner and Shania Twain are "basically the same style",though them differences are stark. Hint.

Let's lift skirts. Hint.

The MOA Quad is a muddled fhuqkwad of schit,that gets lost both quickly and reliably. Any lineal angular scale can be pressed into service,though obviously,some are more intuitive than others. If a scope came out in "Limbtrons" and it's reticle had a sound design,with stadia of Utility thickness,I'd not fret a Limbtrons .285" 100yd value,if the erector and windshield jived. The MOA Quad is a Lovely Theory,but rest fhuqking ASSURED that 1 MOA ticks that are 0.15" thick and 1" apart,are an INSTANT fhuqking Schit Show. Hint.

The MilQuad is laid out MUCH fhuqking friendlier and wayyyyyy fhuqking faster. It is IMPOSSIBLE to "miss" a whole value diamond and your eyes(barring they're crossed like Paula's),by default break same down lightyears faster. it is easier to shoot past/through and not even fhuqking close. Ticks,meshed with diamonds and breathing room between,does MUCH for Utilitarian favors. Pardon my shooting both. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
All I ask is for SWFA to use the floating dot center from the MOA reticle in the MIL reticles, then all will be happy in the world.
I can hold all of the MQ's HARD,but only have 'em in 1-4x,1-6x HD,6x,3-9x,10x,12x,16x,3-15x and 5-20x. Their geometry makes it EASY to quarter anything,of any size and discern center. The 1-4x is the most unforgiving,as it's SFP and rather robust in it's stadias. Hint.

Coupla 1000 MOA Quad words. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint..................(grin)
Posted By: T_Inman Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22
I run both the MOA and MIL Quad reticle. The MIL still gets me in a tizzy when things happen fast but it for sure is easier than the MOA mess.

The only reason I haven’t switched the MOA scope out is because I hunt a hell of a lot more than I shoot and if a critter is far enough away to need hold over, I’d just assume dial the range.

Hold wind, dial range. I haven’t got the confidence to shoot critters when the wind is up so the reticle mess doesn’t affect me when hunting. Otherwise, I’d of changed that MOA scope out before now. I should take advantage of this sale though and get a 10X MIL coming.
The upside to the MilQuad,is that there is no downside. The downside to the MoaQuad,is that there is no upside. Hint.

The MilQuad has VERY different stadia marks,as a diamond will kick you back to center or subtend a solution,either/or...as per whim and hastily. Even if just setting atop the coffee pot and looking through the kitchen window. Hint.

I shoot daily and NOBODY says "I prefer the MoaQuad",as I tend to have more than a couple few wares in tow. Hint.

Side by each extrapolations,tend to bear fruit and connect dots IMMEDIATELY. If you gotta make excuses and talk a scope purty,it's time to make THE Change. Hint................(grin)
Posted By: Starbuck Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22
BS:

Thanks for the guided tour through reticles and the elucidating, hilarious, and timely analogy.
Humors me muchly,to set all atop a Silver Platter and watch Drooling Fhuqktards botch it all. Hell...Paula can't even dial a fhuqking Phone by herself. Hint.

Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Thanks for the heads up KK.

SS10x42 and low rings headed my way. Great scope for $200. I've other SS scopes, solid like a rock. The SS rings are good to go too.

Received a UPS notification scope/rings delivered tomorrow. Pretty fast! Order Tuesday, received Friday <tentative>.
Does anyone know where I can get paper targets that read in mils? It hurts my brain to do the math when I need to adjust my scope 2inches right and 3 inches high.
Are you talking a Mil/Moa scope,with (2) languages betwixt erector and reticle? Hint..................
Posted By: mathman Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
Does anyone know where I can get paper targets that read in mils? It hurts my brain to do the math when I need to adjust my scope 2inches right and 3 inches high.

Yes.

https://stormtactical.com/free-printable-targets/
Posted By: Kaleb Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22

I normally put a piece of tape over the bullet hole. Then I look through the scope and see what it says. Then I correct. You don’t have to think in inches at all that way.

Even better if you can see the bullet hole. Then skip the tape step. Just use the reticle adjust the turrets and set to zero.
So if I pull the bolt and look down the barrel and align it with the bullet hole in the paper, then adjust my scope to the center of the target I should be OK?
'Norma,

EXACTLY what the fhuqk scope are you shooting? Hint..............

So if I pull the bolt and look down the barrel and align it with the bullet hole in the paper, then adjust my scope to the center of the target I should be OK?

Why on earth would you do that if you have a scope to look through? Seriously not being rude. The reticle has a ruler that matches the turrets.

Turn the turrets to match or if the rifle is held steady enough take the cross hair from poa to poi.
You would only need to look down the bore to get on paper.
Originally Posted by Kaleb

I normally put a piece of tape over the bullet hole. Then I look through the scope and see what it says. Then I correct. You don’t have to think in inches at all that way.

Even better if you can see the bullet hole. Then skip the tape step. Just use the reticle adjust the turrets and set to zero.

Yeah, same here. Sometimes I’ll use an orange dot or a black sharpie to make a black circle I can see at distance. Then use the reticle and adjust as needed.
If you have a real scope and an accurate gun, not hard to sight in with only one shot.
'Norma,

EXACTLY what the fhuqk scope are you shooting? Hint..............

I don't remember the model exactly, but I think its a Banner? Some bushnell I paid $25 hard earned dollars for.
Posted By: Blu_Cs Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22
I totally respect BS's analysis here, but have come across brain fog/headache with all the minutiae.

To get minute of bear, is there much difference? Thinking 30-06 -.375 range or whatever.

Farting dust here in Georgia. But dreaming big! No shade on BS at all.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/21/22
Originally Posted by Kaleb

An excellent method of doing this, yes - even with a target with inches (gasp) as a grid, appears earlier in this thread. I recommend you read it:

Posted By: T_Inman Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/22/22
358 be trolling.
Not that there is anything wrong with that. Especially when beer is involved.
Posted By: ElkSnort Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/22/22
I'm debating between the two milquad 10x scopes they offer.

SWFA SS 10x42M Tactical 30mm Riflescope
SS10X42MMQ
https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-10x42m-tactical-30mm-riflescope-3.html?___SID=U

SWFA SS 10x42 MIL
SS10X42MQ
https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-10x42-tactical-30mm-riflescope-3.html?___SID=U

Other than the obvious price difference... is there any reason to get one over the other? Is the only difference where the parallax adjustment is located? Doesnt seem worth the price difference. What am I missing here?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/22/22
I prefer rear parallax,if only because it saves a protrusion and will never get moved unintentionally. Hint...................
Originally Posted by T_Inman
358 be trolling.
Not that there is anything wrong with that. Especially when beer is involved.

I believe to only be fair,to give them struggling,the benefit of the doubt and find it good for the community as a whole. Hint.

Bushie can be rather solid. Hint.

Then again,not everyone can fish. Hint.

Hell...BlueKchunt is stumped by it all and there is NO fhuqking doubt to it. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/22/22
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
If you have a real scope and an accurate gun, not hard to sight in with only one shot.

I have to allow a couple extra because half the time I move it the wrong way…..
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/22/22
Let me see if i got this right.
1-4x24 is made in the Philippines by Kenko
All the fixed power scopes except the HD model are made in Japan by Kenko
3-15x42 is made in Japan by Kenko
All the HD models are made in Japan by LOW

How do the glass and turrets compare to other Kenko made scopes such as Sightron?
Posted By: JPL4584 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/22/22
Does anyone happen to know if low rings will work for a 10x with lens caps on a Ruger American Rimfire target with a factory rail or would I need mediums?

Also, how are the SSALT mounts? Would you recommend them or regular high rings? Would be going on an AR15.

Thanks!
Yep...nothing to it,whether Rimfire or Centerfire RAR,including Precisions and 10/22's. Hint.

That being said,you want Bob's extended 1913 and with ALL the inclination you can fhuqking get,otherwise you are throwing 50% of the erector away(as a minimum) and hurting Utility/Durability,due ring spacing. Hint.

SSALT is heavy and not my jam. I want FIXED fhuqking rings and have lotsa High's in service. Nope,more than that. Hint.(grin)

That being said,'Horn rings are a GREAT preference on Krunchentickers,due the 40MOA inclination availability. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint................
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/22/22
MOA rail, not millrad? mix n match, hint, lmfao, hint, lol...

MrsTooDumb,

You simply set astride your Couchbound Kchunt and keep taking notes...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

lmfao, hint, lol, couch king, go snort sawdust, lol, hint, btfa...D, hint, lol, lmfao, hint, moa dust, hint, lol, BO hairsoft, B_Stikums, hint, crap azz chinaman clock in yer milrad moa hint, lol, lmfao hint BiG ScRotUms sawdust Snort Hint, lmfao, lol, hint
MrsTooDumb,

Weren't my intent to horn you up,but fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even a Brokedick like you can "afford" to "contribute" with your Man Lust Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
lmfao, hint, lol, couch king, go snort sawdust, lol, hint, btfa...D, hint, lol, lmfao, hint, moa dust, hint, lol, BO hairsoft, B_Stikums, hint, crap azz chinaman clock in yer milrad moa hint, lol, lmfao hint BiG ScRotUms sawdust Snort Hint, lmfao, lol, hint

Tourette? grin
Just pokin' the stick on a slow friday afternoon, raining here.

There's times I could use the Tourette card to justify azz chews given...hint, laughing!!!.........
AND....waiting on the BigBrownTruck to drop off the 10x42 today.
And there it is, BigBrownTruck was here, guy #thedoorbellbutton to let me know the 10x42 & SS-TAC low rings have landed.

Nor gonna post photos as there are plenty above showing what this Scookum glass and FinestKind scope ring things look like, thanks to BS of the timberjackoffs...hint, lmfao, whoohoo...hebersscookum
Posted By: JPL4584 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/22/22
Yep...nothing to it,whether Rimfire or Centerfire RAR,including Precisions and 10/22's. Hint.

That being said,you want Bob's extended 1913 and with ALL the inclination you can fhuqking get,otherwise you are throwing 50% of the erector away(as a minimum) and hurting Utility/Durability,due ring spacing. Hint.

SSALT is heavy and not my jam. I want FIXED fhuqking rings and have lotsa High's in service. Nope,more than that. Hint.(grin)

That being said,'Horn rings are a GREAT preference on Krunchentickers,due the 40MOA inclination availability. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint................

Thank you sir!
Posted By: Sam_H Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/22/22
Have a MQ in lows on a 64 Anschutz and like it lots. But clearance isn't everything. Think about comb height some. Don't want to rupture a cervical disc twisting your neck down to the optical axis.

As for the SSALT, have them and like them lots. Bit more height vs high SWFA rings, so fits me perfect for AR or precision rifle. Rugged, and though not advertised as RTZ does a decent enough job in that regard.
Posted By: gunzo Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/22/22
My order was delivered yesterday. Not bad, ordered Monday at noon & had it Thursday at noon.

The 12x doesn't seem much of a trade off to the 10 for it's clarity & related. Reticles are sharp & clean. Too hazy yesterday to do a good comparison anyway.

The rings confused me a bit with a non ferrous clamping bar under a steel nut. The washer in-between is a nice touch. Didn't think about the clamp too long though, as I figured that if they hold up for Stick, they should work for me.

A big box of stuff for little money. Maybe the best sale they've had in quite some time.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/22/22

I rolled the dice and ordered one.
Posted By: Blu_Cs Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/23/22

Same here. let's see what shows up, and when.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/23/22
'Tis a Fascinatingly HILARIOUS Delusion,that MrsTwoDumb extolling her Dumbfhuqktitude is gonna effect anyone,but herself...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I've never MQ'd or Low'd a '64,mainly because I don't have any,though 54's do flourish with same. Hint.

I doubt I've much more than 50 sets of said rings in service and await a first "issue". Slow day today,with a new Lot of powder for a 10" RPM Liljee 17Rem. Hint.

Medium 'Horn's here,due the Sillywet comb and a new Lot of ammo slated to the K22. Started to settle after 15rds of lube swap. Bought all there was. RITR's for stock DOPE. Hint.

As the 10x/12x extrapolations go,exit pupil is exit pupil and so goes FOV. I can drive a 12x,but MUCH prefer the mannerisms of the 10x in a Utility Role and the 6x STEALS the fhuqking show. Rings that take a bar wrench are soothin'. Hint.(grin)

I prefer 'Horn's on AR's by a GOODLY margin,as cited. Hint................
Posted By: Sam_H Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/23/22
Only shipping delays from them involved backordered stuff. Got a shipping notice yesterday, 12 hrs after placing order.

Wish I had a fleet of 54s, but couple 64s and a 1960s 10/22 kill good enough for my purposes. Crows past 100, pigeons to 75-ish, red squirrels to the bird feeder (10 yds). Lots. A 10MQ is perfect. The inbound one is going on the 10/22.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/23/22
54's ain't as bad as they sound. Hint.(grin)

Fact is,I "kinda" like 'em. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/23/22
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs

Same here. let's see what shows up, and when.

Tried the diamond before, WTH, I'll try a couple again, whenever, someday, hopefully, this year. Said 5 left, then it said in stock on the repeat.
My 2 10x's got here today !
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/23/22
Just could not make myself pass on a 10x for $200 and the rings and BCs just sweetened the pot. Don’t even planning on mounting it on anything but always good to have a spare…

John
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/23/22
Here's an attaboy, thank you to kk alaska for the heads up for the SWFA sale.
Posted By: Whisky Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/24/22
Anybody else have trouble ordering from them?
I have attempted two different cards, in two days. Multiple times. One card locked me out for suspected fraud and when I called they said I had 6 different transactions come through for the same thing. I've yet to complete the order process and receive a order confirmation. I have been getting an error for AVS mismatch, billing address issue.
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/24/22
Whisky, I had the same AVS mismatch. I called SWFA, explained the situation, she took my order over the phone.

SWFA woman Wendy Bagby explained the AVS thing was related to Capitol 1 credit cards as the Capitol 1 does not validate the customer billing address, only zip code. This interferes with SWFA charging your card for item(s) purchased.

Call them customer service department at (972)617-7056 to order if using Capitol 1 cc. My order was a Cabelas cc where Cap 1 is the admin for the card.
Posted By: Whisky Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/24/22
Thanks, tried to call yesterday but closed. I would expect they will honor any weekend sales when I call tomorrow morning. I hope. I did send an email yesterday so it's on record.
Posted By: Potsy Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/24/22
Yeah I can’t buy anything from them via my visa debit card.
Might try to start using our Venmo for such situations.
I’d have liked a 1-4 and/or 10x, but just bought a 4-wheeler, so I’m feeling a bit poor at the moment.
I used my debit card to buy 2, 10x'ers....
Here's one now on my Ole Rat Smacker, praire dog gun.
Couldn't help it..........snagged two 1-4x

Ruger American Ranch 5.56 will host one

Kimber Montana 223 will host the other
Posted By: ElkSnort Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/25/22
Is the SS 3-15× worth the scratch?
Posted By: RickcNY Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/25/22
So I have a CZ 527 in 22 hornet would I be better served with the straight 10x power or the one by four with illuminated reticle ?
Posted By: Oakster Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/25/22
I will probably regret not grabbing some scopes, but I have never been a fan of fixed power and never shot with a fixed 10x or 12x. I guess I dont know what I am missing out on. I did pick up some rings for future use on AR rifles.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/25/22
Ordered a 10x Mil-quad. I have the same scope in MOA style but once again the fuggstick is right. The only reason I ended up with a MOA scope is there was a shortage of the Mil versions being in stock at SWFA. Still it has been an excellent scope and I will find a use for it either on my springer or my rimfire silhouette rifle.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/25/22
Rickerty sucks a mean ass...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless her poor poor(literally) heart.

Hint.

Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/25/22
Fair IS fair and to my eternal embarrassment my wares are on back order and Paula was right. Hint.......................
I wish Leupold still made fixed scopes
Posted By: Stix Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/25/22
Tried for almost 2 hours last night to order. 2 cards. Nothin. Fired off an email. Haven’t heard a thing. My first go round with SWFA isn’t looking so hot.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
Originally Posted by Stix
Tried for almost 2 hours last night to order. 2 cards. Nothin. Fired off an email. Haven’t heard a thing. My first go round with SWFA isn’t looking so hot.

I still don't have a shipping notification.
Posted By: scoony Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
My 10x showed up today (Monday). Ordered Thursday. Now to decide what to put it on.
Posted By: ChrisAU Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
The 1-4 and 10x both still show in stock? Buddy ordered one last night after he shot mine.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22

Originally Posted by scoony
My 10x showed up today (Monday). Ordered Thursday. Now to decide what to put it on.

Same here - Thursday => Monday. They sent USPS tracking #

My 10x42 is going on a .264 WM
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22

Originally Posted by ChrisAU
The 1-4 and 10x both still show in stock? Buddy ordered one last night after he shot mine.

Which one did he order?
My trademark luck appears to have followed me into this purchase. Ordered Friday. Yesterday my bank account was showing a hold. Today there is no hold or charge.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
I ordered a 1-4 and a bunch of rings Thursday. Mine came yesterday
Posted By: ChrisAU Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Which one did he order?

The 10x
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
Ordered Monday, shipped Tuesday, arrived Friday. 10x mil w/BC's, 3 levels, 2 pair low rings.

I'm sure they got a lot of orders really quick. Can't find fault with them on mine. If I ordered and they couldn't ship, I'd still be wanting it and I'd be glad they'd still take the order at that price. Have they cancelled any orders?
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
Mine went from Shipping Label Created to Out for Delivery. No updates at all for the days in between but that is not SWFA's fault. Other than that is seems like a great $200-300 scope but honestly i like my Sightrons just as much other than the reticle. Really diggin the MIL-Quad reticle and much less weight vs my Sightrons. The STAC turrets are more clicky and audible. Both have a similar amount of slop which is minimal. Optically i find the10x42 a little nicer than the 3-16x42 and close or equal to the 4-20x50. Have not done a good side by side yet but the turrets sure dont feel any better than what i got for $300 from Cameraland. That pretty much tells me what to expect in the 3-15x42 vs a Sightron SIII for close the same cash.

Still happy with SWFA overall. Excellent value for a Japanese made scope. The huge elevation/windage adjustment range is one of the big things this scope offers IMO. It blows Sightron and many other scopes out of the water.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................
Posted By: pete53 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
those look super deal for you!
Posted By: salt_fork Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
I placed an order using a debit card on Thursday, received my order yesterday (Monday). They sent me emails at every step of the shipping process from creating the order to delivery. Very happy with SWFA.
Posted By: SDHNTR Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
This does me no good! Will the 6X EVER be available?
Posted By: Starbuck Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
Originally Posted by SDHNTR

They were briefly this past summer. Didn't have any immediate needs myself, but I ordered a handful. They're all gone now, and none ended up on my rigs. A friend in need . . .

I don't end up hunting with them as often these days, but I still enjoy using them. I've said it before, but I wouldn't feel too slighted if I was constrained through horrible circumstances to use one for all of my big game hunting. I often hear and read that many feel 6x isn't enough for long range shooting; but after a lot shots downrange with various 6x's through the years, I feel it's more than adequate for 5-600 yds or more. When it's all the X you have, you just use it and learn that it works just fine.

To me, they are still the ultimate longish range scope for a rig on which one is trying to keep weight down but still wants to dial.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
Buddy ordered one last night after he shot mine.

Well, that only seems fair.
Posted By: Starbuck Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

A NF might've held up. Saw it in an ad years ago.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

A NF might've held up. Saw it in an ad years ago.

Clever

😬🦫
Posted By: ElkSnort Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22

I could use a couple of these 6x myself as they seem to be more versatile and better for hunting than the straight 10x. Even though I hunt in/near the wide open spaces, I've got no rifles that don't also get used in conditions that could be right up close and personal. One can work with less than ideal magnification... a bit harder when there's too much of it!

<Snort>
Posted By: Sam_H Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
Ordered 10x 4/22, arrived this AM. Mounted and zeroed couple hrs later.

Which freed up a 6x, decided these old eyes prefer 10x for .22rf.

Sure I'll think of something to do with the 6x.
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
Originally Posted by ElkSnort

I could use a couple of these 6x myself as they seem to be more versatile and better for hunting than the straight 10x. Even though I hunt in/near the wide open spaces, I've got no rifles that don't also get used in conditions that could be right up close and personal. One can work with less than ideal magnification... a bit harder when there's too much of it!

<Snort>

You’d be surprised what you can do up close with the 10x on a good fitting rifle. Had three coyotes come into the yard one AM. Smoked all three before the third made it to two hundred yards. Got the first two before 75.

John
Today I got an email that said mine would arrive tomorrow. That after the pending charge disappeared for about a day, no initial shipping notification and it showing as processing in the order status well after it shipped. The charge finally showed up on my account. Not complaining at all, just a bit of an oddity.
Posted By: gunzo Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
Does this mean the popcorn I stocked up on was premature?
Posted By: Dude270 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/26/22
Originally Posted by ElkSnort

<Snort>

You’d be surprised what you can do up close with the 10x on a good fitting rifle. Had three coyotes come into the yard one AM. Smoked all three before the third made it to two hundred yards. Got the first two before 75.

John

I like the 6x better for a utility rifle but my 10x on a Tikka 22-250 hasn't burned me yet, even shooting critters at 30 or 40 yards.
I like a straight q0x for calling coyotes. Even up close, under a hunert yards, no problem getting on one.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/27/22
100 yards is one thing. Ever had a coyote mysteriously show up at 10 yards, or even at bayonet range? I shot one pup in Idaho literally off the hip it was so close. That one was an eye opener for me. 10X is just a ball of fur at 15 or 20 feet, for me at least.

6X for me, though I do have a 10X on a rifle that I carry for stalking bigger critters in open areas. It hasn't bit me yet but one day it might. One rag bull elk at 600 yards in the shadows was a bit tough for me at 6X. I got it done, but it was close.
Posted By: ElkSnort Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/27/22
Maybe I should've bought a 10x during the sale! I'm very hesitant with fixed powers for hunting purposes.
Posted By: SDHNTR Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/27/22
I just don’t get it! Why aren’t they making more of what people want, the 6x and the 3x9? They haven’t been available at all for the last 2 years!
Posted By: Starbuck Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/27/22
I just don’t get it! Why aren’t they making more of what people want, the 6x and the 3x9? They haven’t been available at all for the last 2 years!

I often wonder the same.

I sometimes wonder, too, why they don't offer a more hunter centric model/s with low profile elevation and capped windage. Now that Bushie abandoned the 3-12 range in their serious scopes, there's a good opportunity to capitalize on that niche for the 15, or so, of us who like that X range, overall dimensions, and feature set!

But, obviously, they have the opposite of a problem as far as product demand.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/27/22

I often wonder the same.

I sometimes wonder, too, why they don't offer a more hunter centric model/s with low profile elevation and capped windage. Now that Bushie abandoned the 3-12 range in their serious scopes, there's a good opportunity to capitalize on that niche for the 15, or so, of us who like that X range, overall dimensions, and feature set!

They're not getting any of those two models (3-9 & 6x) because they're implementing a change in production. New models will come with a zero stopped elevation and capped windage.

....well...that may or may not be the reason....but if I was making a reason up out to thin air, that's the reason I'd make up!
Posted By: ChrisAU Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/27/22

Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I often wonder the same.

They're not getting any of those two models (3-9 & 6x) because they're implementing a change in production. New models will come with a zero stopped elevation and capped windage.

....well...that may or may not be the reason....but if I was making a reason up out to thin air, that's the reason I'd make up!

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]
Posted By: SDHNTR Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/27/22
Haha. I don’t get it. I run a business too. And when people want more of what I’m selling, I sure as hell figure out a way to get that to them.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/27/22
A 10x WILL simply bite you and a 6x simply can NOT. Hint.

Had a pard whistling 180's outta a 7mm RemMag the other day at 1400 and small change,with a 6x and he blew his own mind. In the wind. Hint..................(grin)
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/27/22
The scope arrived today. I rate the ordering and shipping process as good, despite the communications oddities. It was packaged well for shipping.

The first thing I noticed is that they didn't waste any money on an extravagant scope box. The second thing I noticed is that they manged to pack a good bit of weight into such a small scope. It was advertised at 14.1 ounces. It was obviously more than that, so I threw it on the scale. 16.07 ounces sans batteries. I got ready to put the batteries in and looked for the instructions. There are none. No big deal. It's a scope...easy enough to figure out.

After I installed the battery I brought it up to my eye on one power to drink in the wonderfulness of the 5 inches of advertised eye relief. NOT. It's closer to 3. It goes down a good bit from there when cranked up to 4. It's certainly no Leupold in eye box or eye relief. I ran the lighted reticle through its paces. I like it. It gets more than dim enough in darkness and more than bright enough on a sunny day. Glass is good. I don't even know what gun I'll put it on yet. It'll be a bit before I put it to the real test.
The only thing I don’t like is no fixed 4x MQ. But at the sale price for the Illuminati, I took Stick’s advise and ran it up to 4x and left it there.

Done.
Paula,

You AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk,they accept (2) batteries...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The ONLY fhuqking first hand offering you could submit in a Scope "Critique",is what the lenses tasted like. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
Posted By: SoTexCurdog Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/27/22
I have 2 SWFA SS 10X and like them but I too have wondered why they don’t make something in a straight 8X with low turrets and a illuminated dot would be nice too.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/27/22
Originally Posted by SoTexCurdog
I have 2 SWFA SS 10X and like them but I too have wondered why they don’t make something in a straight 8X with low turrets and a illuminated dot would be nice too.

Probably because they can't keep what they have in their current lineup in stock.
Mainly because that's fhuqking STUPID. Hint.

They can't even keep the 6x MQ in stock and it is THE most for the least...if only by fhuqking lightyears. Hint.

It's purty fhuqking easy,to simply pull turrets and drive a capped MQ reticle. Hint............

Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/28/22
You Google Gals REALLY "get after it"...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 04/30/22
Hopefully someone isn't too confused where to put the three posts...
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/01/22
Any of you weigh or check eye relief on your 1X4's? The weight I am not too worried about. I mounted the scope today and measured eye relief at 3.3 at 1X and 2.3 at 4X. That's goddam unacceptable.
Posted By: raghorn Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/01/22
I’d provide take it off your hands if you want to move it along
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/01/22
Any of you weigh or check eye relief on your 1X4's? The weight I am not too worried about. I mounted the scope today and measured eye relief at 3.3 at 1X and 2.3 at 4X. That's goddam unacceptable.

Paul.
Check your eyes. Check your measuring device. Check how you are measuring it.

It’s all of that fails, return it to Ruger.

Seriously, I just measured one, it’s damn near 5 inches on 1X.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/01/22
The Handicapped Parking Permit and helmet,ain't false advertisement. Hint.

Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/02/22
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Paul.
Check your eyes. Check your measuring device. Check how you are measuring it.

It’s all of that fails, return it to Ruger.

Seriously, I just measured one, it’s damn near 5 inches on 1X.

I must have gotten a bad one. Eye relief on 4X is exactly the length of my little torx wrench that I used to snug the screws. I measured it at 2.3 inches. As a point of comparison, my Leupold 1.5x4 has an advertised eye relief of 3.7 on 4 and it gives that using the same way of measuring. It's not perfect, but it's consistent and it's normally very close to manufacturers spec.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/03/22
Bless your heart. Hint.

Posted By: Judman Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/03/22
Bless your heart. Hint.

God damn straight up JeffO outfit liar Larry!!! Haha 😂👊🏻

Posted By: kk alaska Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/03/22
Does the SWFA 1x4 illumination have an auto shut off? Old guys forget to turn them off!
Posted By: 79S Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/03/22
Does the SWFA 1x4 illumination have an auto shut off?

No
Does the SWFA 1x4 illumination have an auto shut off?

It wears a (10) intensity setting rheostat,eith an "off" position betwixt every brightness setting and don't care which way you spin same. It is a rather skookum design and exceptionally so,given the onboard extry battery storage compartment. Unless you wear a helmet. Hint.

Posted By: OGB Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/03/22
Big Stick, that looks like a "cross-bolt" safety Marlin that has been fixed. Is that an after market product or did you "Alaska-rig" it? If so, how?

Sorry for the off topic question.
That one is a Bear Tooth Mercantile offering and Skookum. Hint.

Bear Tooth RINK Hint.................
Posted By: OGB Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/03/22

Slick and cheap!
Posted By: Starbuck Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/03/22
Originally Posted by OGB

Slick and cheap!

BS:

Thanks for the heads up on the cross bolt safety delete. I don't have as many Marlins as I did at one time, and most of what I have left is pre safety, but do have few rigs that will be getting an upgrade over the rubber O rings that are currently being used to keep the safety off.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/03/22
Who needs to delete a cross bolt safety? Some tard who can't figure out how to turn it off and leave it off?
Posted By: beretzs Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/04/22
Who needs to delete a cross bolt safety? Some tard who can't figure out how to turn it off and leave it off?

They’re just a lawyered up pain in the butt. Easier to just not have them sticking out like an ugly wart.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/04/22

Lol

🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Lol

🦫

I almost spit up some decent whiskey.

You rock.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/04/22
😂🍻🦫
Posted By: CaptArab Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/04/22
Originally Posted by OGB

Slick and cheap!

BS:

Thanks for the heads up on the cross bolt safety delete. I don't have as many Marlins as I did at one time, and most of what I have left is pre safety, but do have few rigs that will be getting an upgrade over the rubber O rings that are currently being used to keep the safety off.

Thanks all- bear tooth incoming for the 45-70 guide gun.
Posted By: Calvin Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/04/22
Stick,

Thoughts?

https://cameralandny.com/shop/brand...6c3713?variation=3121372&query=S-TAC
😂🍻🦫

That was funny.
Posted By: ElkSnort Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/04/22
Calvin...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...2-12-vs-sightron-s-tac-3-16#Post17189346
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/04/22

Lol

🦫

lolol
Posted By: Starbuck Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/04/22

I find redundant safeties in general to be irksome. Worse yet is when their function and placement are not intuitive, such as the Marlin cross bolt in reference.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/04/22

I find redundant safeties in general to be irksome. Worse yet is when their function and placement are not intuitive, such as the Marlin cross bolt in reference.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.
Posted By: Starbuck Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/04/22

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Maybe it's best if you stick to dropping weights on things for entertainment.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/14/22
I guess SWFA didn't like my review. I typed it in right after I got the scope and it still hasn't posted.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 05/14/22
It’s probably the picture
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 06/01/22
SWFA never posted my review. They did update the weight in their specs to reflect the correct weight. They still have not updated the eye relief that is WAY off. I submitted another review, we'll see if they post it.
Posted By: mud_bogger Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 06/01/22
Have you stuck it on a gun yet? Have you even used the damn thing?
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
Have you stuck it on a gun yet? Have you even used the damn thing?

I don't have any use for a short eye relief scope. It's in a box with some old take off Simmons and Bushnell junk. I hate crawling the scope. Won't do it.
How do you measure eye relief on a scope that you have not mounted?

I mounted it up on a 223 bolt gun to get a feel for it. I removed it.
Gotcha. hell I'll give you $100 for that junker
Posted By: rickt300 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 06/01/22

I mounted it up on a 223 bolt gun to get a feel for it. I removed it.

Maybe they found out you are one of them road blocking bicyclists we hate around here. Their shop is less than 20 miles from my house and it is afterall bicycle riding season. You might get better service if you were wearing one of Sticks Norton hats in your avatar.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 06/02/22

If I already have a scope that works mounted on that rifle, I lay it on its side, put a penlight against the objective, then put a stiff piece of paper behind the ocular and move it back and forth until the projected spot of light is focused. That’s the ER of that one (you can lay a ruler along side it helps you keep track). Then I lay the prospective scope parallel to the old one, bearing in mind where the rings will allow mounting, and use the light and paper again. If the measurement is about the same, I’m good. I’m not a crawler, so often the objective ends up as close to the front ring as it can go, just not quite touching.
Posted By: mud_bogger Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 06/02/22
Interesting....guess I never cared enough to measure
How bout Paul? $100 for that crappy scope?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 06/02/22
Interesting....guess I never cared enough to measure

Like a lot of stuff I do, I got the idea from Mule Deer.
I find something that works and just keep buying more of them.
Vx-II 3-9x40 and a SWFA 6x cover 90% of my needs
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: SWFA Tax Day Sale 2022 - 06/02/22
My 12x arrived and has been on a couple of rifles already. My only regret is I didn’t buy 2-3 of them for $199.
© 24hourcampfire