-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My trademark luck appears to have followed me into this purchase. Ordered Friday. Yesterday my bank account was showing a hold. Today there is no hold or charge.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I ordered a 1-4 and a bunch of rings Thursday. Mine came yesterday

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Originally Posted by ChrisAU
The 1-4 and 10x both still show in stock? Buddy ordered one last night after he shot mine.

Which one did he order?

The 10x

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Ordered Monday, shipped Tuesday, arrived Friday. 10x mil w/BC's, 3 levels, 2 pair low rings.

I'm sure they got a lot of orders really quick. Can't find fault with them on mine. If I ordered and they couldn't ship, I'd still be wanting it and I'd be glad they'd still take the order at that price. Have they cancelled any orders?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Mine went from Shipping Label Created to Out for Delivery. No updates at all for the days in between but that is not SWFA's fault. Other than that is seems like a great $200-300 scope but honestly i like my Sightrons just as much other than the reticle. Really diggin the MIL-Quad reticle and much less weight vs my Sightrons. The STAC turrets are more clicky and audible. Both have a similar amount of slop which is minimal. Optically i find the10x42 a little nicer than the 3-16x42 and close or equal to the 4-20x50. Have not done a good side by side yet but the turrets sure dont feel any better than what i got for $300 from Cameraland. That pretty much tells me what to expect in the 3-15x42 vs a Sightron SIII for close the same cash.

Still happy with SWFA overall. Excellent value for a Japanese made scope. The huge elevation/windage adjustment range is one of the big things this scope offers IMO. It blows Sightron and many other scopes out of the water.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
those look super deal for you!

Last edited by pete53; 04/26/22.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I placed an order using a debit card on Thursday, received my order yesterday (Monday). They sent me emails at every step of the shipping process from creating the order to delivery. Very happy with SWFA.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This does me no good! Will the 6X EVER be available?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SDHNTR

They were briefly this past summer. Didn't have any immediate needs myself, but I ordered a handful. They're all gone now, and none ended up on my rigs. A friend in need . . .

I don't end up hunting with them as often these days, but I still enjoy using them. I've said it before, but I wouldn't feel too slighted if I was constrained through horrible circumstances to use one for all of my big game hunting. I often hear and read that many feel 6x isn't enough for long range shooting; but after a lot shots downrange with various 6x's through the years, I feel it's more than adequate for 5-600 yds or more. When it's all the X you have, you just use it and learn that it works just fine.

To me, they are still the ultimate longish range scope for a rig on which one is trying to keep weight down but still wants to dial.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buddy ordered one last night after he shot mine.

Well, that only seems fair.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

A NF might've held up. Saw it in an ad years ago.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

A NF might've held up. Saw it in an ad years ago.

Clever

😬🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E

I could use a couple of these 6x myself as they seem to be more versatile and better for hunting than the straight 10x. Even though I hunt in/near the wide open spaces, I've got no rifles that don't also get used in conditions that could be right up close and personal. One can work with less than ideal magnification... a bit harder when there's too much of it!

<Snort>

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ordered 10x 4/22, arrived this AM. Mounted and zeroed couple hrs later.

Which freed up a 6x, decided these old eyes prefer 10x for .22rf.

Sure I'll think of something to do with the 6x.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by ElkSnort

I could use a couple of these 6x myself as they seem to be more versatile and better for hunting than the straight 10x. Even though I hunt in/near the wide open spaces, I've got no rifles that don't also get used in conditions that could be right up close and personal. One can work with less than ideal magnification... a bit harder when there's too much of it!

<Snort>

You’d be surprised what you can do up close with the 10x on a good fitting rifle. Had three coyotes come into the yard one AM. Smoked all three before the third made it to two hundred yards. Got the first two before 75.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Today I got an email that said mine would arrive tomorrow. That after the pending charge disappeared for about a day, no initial shipping notification and it showing as processing in the order status well after it shipped. The charge finally showed up on my account. Not complaining at all, just a bit of an oddity.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Does this mean the popcorn I stocked up on was premature?

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Originally Posted by ElkSnort

<Snort>

You’d be surprised what you can do up close with the 10x on a good fitting rifle. Had three coyotes come into the yard one AM. Smoked all three before the third made it to two hundred yards. Got the first two before 75.

John

I like the 6x better for a utility rifle but my 10x on a Tikka 22-250 hasn't burned me yet, even shooting critters at 30 or 40 yards.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like a straight q0x for calling coyotes. Even up close, under a hunert yards, no problem getting on one.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 42 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,581
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.