Home
Posted By: Bwhitey2 Zeiss CS experience - 06/10/22
I have sent 2 scopes back(hd5 and older conquest) in the past 6 months and unfortunately both had to be replaced but their customer service was outstanding and fast.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/10/22
It always has been exceptional. I have owned a lot of Zeiss scopes and not one has ever been sent back, the same goes for Binos.
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/10/22
I've used them a few times over the years and was always taken care of. Only one time was there a glitch along the way -- and in the grand scheme of things, it truly was minor. I bought a used 30mm-tubed Conquest 3-12x56 which only had 44 clicks of windage. That model was discontinued for a while, so they upgraded me to a Conquest DL 3-12x50 with #60 reticle, which was a significant step up in terms of pricing.

But when the replacement scope arrived, the illumination was dead and the scope was not new , so I called in. The lady on the phone insisted that the scope had to be new (never mind the scuffs and ring marks LOL) and that I just wasn't familiar enough with Zeiss' illumination to know how to work it properly. In a condescending tone, I was told to read the instruction manual...

I sent it back the next morning on my own dime and without an R/A. In a few days, I got a call with an apology for the "mix-up" as she called it. They had no more of this model on hand and had to wait on a shipment. But in a few weeks, I did receive another scope. This one was brand new and actually worked.

Other instances were as smooth as one could hope for.
Posted By: Bwhitey2 Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/11/22
Glad to hear everyone has had similar experiences with Zeiss customer support.

@BobbyTomey, How does the older conquest compare to the DL? It is German made, correct?
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/11/22
Originally Posted by Bwhitey2
I have sent 2 scopes back(hd5 and older conquest) in the past 6 months and unfortunately both had to be replaced but their customer service was outstanding and fast.

What did they replace the Conquest with? I have a really nice Conquest that I noticed has a factory defect. Looks like a real tiny spider inside the scope on the inside of the lens. Had to have been shipped out that way. I've been dragging my feet about sending it in because I don't know if they will replace it or repair it and how that will go. I thought about selling it on ebay, but I can't do that with the known defect... Scope is a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 and I still have the original box..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Bwhitey2 Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/11/22
I would not hesitate to ship it back unless you have some sentimental value to the scope. My HD had mold in it and it would have continued to get worse as the mold eats the coating??? Make sure you register the scope and then fill out the claim form.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/11/22
It will be replaced with a V4 most likely.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/11/22
Glad to hear everyone has had similar experiences with Zeiss customer support.

@BobbyTomey, How does the older conquest compare to the DL? It is German made, correct?

1" Tube vs 30mm tube. The DL's look like a rebadged Diavari. Had one for a few years and then my brother ended up with it. Keeps ticking and it is really good glass.
I would not hesitate to ship it back unless you have some sentimental value to the scope. My HD had mold in it and it would have continued to get worse as the mold eats the coating??? Make sure you register the scope and then fill out the claim form.

Ok, I'll look to see if I have a registration card in the box. I bought it from a gunshop that was going out of business. Got a great deal on it, but like I said, it is a little frustrating that I did not see the blemish when I bought it. I can't sell it to anyone, knowing there is a defect..
This is pretty fu cking stupid:

Please be aware that ZEISS is not responsible for packages lost in shipment to our facility. We recommend shipping your product via a service that gives you a tracking number and signature of the recipient to avoid issues, as well as insuring your shipment against loss or damage.

Don't they give you a shipping label?
Posted By: Bwhitey2 Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/12/22
You don’t need the card. Register it here.

https://www.zeiss.com/consumer-products/us/service/product-registration.html

On the shipping just insure it. No big deal. I am a ups fan over the others.
Once you register it use this link to initiate the repair.

https://zeiss.secure.force.com/CZPR...p;page=1&region=Americas&lang=EN
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/12/22
Thanks Bwhitey2. I'll give that a try. I appreciate it!!
No problem. Let us know how it goes and good luck.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/24/22
I wanted to thank you again for directing me to the right path for returning my Zeiss Conquest for repair. They are very easy to deal with. I got some good news today. Here's what they said:

Great News! We have completed the inspection on your Conquest 4.5-14x44 #20 RET, Serial # 2843xxx and have determined a replacement will be issued under warranty. As your your Conquest 4.5-14x44 #20 RET has been discontinued, we intend to replace it with a
Conquest V4 4-16x44 #20

They are sending me a new V4! They have better glass and track better without the bassackwards turrets the older Conquests have. Thanks again!!
Posted By: Bwhitey2 Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/24/22
That’s great! Congratulations and no problem.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/24/22
That’s great! Congratulations and no problem.

The funny thing is I've been talking about wanting to try one of the new Zeiss V4's out. Its really a shame on the old Conquest though. There was a factory blemish on the inside of the lens and I was pulling my hair out, wondering what I was going to do with it. It was like new otherwise. I knew I could not sell it to anyone with a clear conscience, so I thought I was stuck with it until I saw your thread.

I never think about using the warranty on stuff, so maybe someone else will see your thread and use it as a reminder as well. Zeiss is great people..
Posted By: beretzs Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/24/22
You done good there.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/24/22
Zeiss gets such negative posts here for some reason , I have never heard a negative CS story from anyone. I have owned a bunch and never had a single issue.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Zeiss CS experience - 06/24/22
Only ever had to use Zeiss customer service once and it was exceptional. They were extremely fast and replaced my scope, while upgrading to a better model for a very small concern. Couldnt have been happier!
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/01/22
Originally Posted by beretzs
You done good there.

I thought so, until they told me the scope is on "backorder". We will see how that goes..
Posted By: ElkSnort Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/06/22
I had a Conquest 3.5-10 I sent back for repair in April. It had crap in the fov. They said the replacement was backordered until mid- late June. That is when i received a V4 3-12 as a replacement. Good communication and Kentucky cordiality ≈ No complaints.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/06/22
Originally Posted by ElkSnort
I had a Conquest 3.5-10 I sent back for repair in April. It had crap in the fov. They said the replacement was backordered until mid- late June. That is when i received a V4 3-12 as a replacement. Good communication and Kentucky cordiality ≈ No complaints.
Yeah, I'll just patiently wait. Im not in a hurry, just dont want to be forgotten about grin
Posted By: beretzs Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/06/22

Man that’s a solid step up right there.
Posted By: ghostrider272 Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/06/22
Haven't used the CS for repairs. Did send in two scopes for ASV upgrades in Germany. The timeframe and work were comparable to Swarovski for my scopes that had to be sent over to Austria.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/06/22
Originally Posted by beretzs

Man that’s a solid step up right there.
Yeah, that's crazy how Zeiss is doing that.
Posted By: ShortMag11 Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/07/22
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Zeiss gets such negative posts here for some reason , I have never heard a negative CS story from anyone. I have owned a bunch and never had a single issue.

I currently own 2 Conquest DL's. 1 illuminated and 1 non. Also own 2 V4's. 1 3-12X44 and 1 3-12x56. Love them all. Never an issue.

Currently need 3 new scopes for new rifles and am considering 2 more V4's.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/07/22
I called them up about repairing a scope.

It took about 1 minute for them to let me know that it was a fake scope.

He even finished the serial number to me before i gave all the numbers.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/07/22
Originally Posted by plainsman456

Wow. I know there were some fakes on Ebay a while back. That sucks man.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/07/22
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by plainsman456

Wow. I know there were some fakes on Ebay a while back. That sucks man.

That's the current world. Watches, Scopes . I bought a Leupold on Ebay 2 weeks ago, I called Leupold the first business day to authenticate it or it was going back to the seller.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/07/22
Geez that sucks. The funny thing, I just bought a rifle the other day and the first thing that pops into my head was, "is that a fake Zeiss Conquest ?" I checked it out real well, but the lettering looks whiter than I remember mine being. Scope looks new though. Part of the reason I bought the rifle is because it has a new looking Conquest on top, and I know that is worth $400+
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/07/22
Geez that sucks. The funny thing, I just bought a rifle the other day and the first thing that pops into my head was, "is that a fake Zeiss Conquest ?" I checked it out real well, but the lettering looks whiter than I remember mine being. Scope looks new though. Part of the reason I bought the rifle is because it has a new looking Conquest on top, and I know that is worth $400+

I have not done well buying rifles online either grin
Posted By: dpd Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/07/22
Their customer service is great ..... but the replacement scope they sent me went south on the first range trip. I sent it back . They replaced it also. I sold it as soon as it arrived. 2 bad scopes in a row. Both went bad on the first range trip. No more Zeiss for me.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/07/22
I wanted to thank you again for directing me to the right path for returning my Zeiss Conquest for repair. They are very easy to deal with. I got some good news today. Here's what they said:

Great News! We have completed the inspection on your Conquest 4.5-14x44 #20 RET, Serial # 2843xxx and have determined a replacement will be issued under warranty. As your your Conquest 4.5-14x44 #20 RET has been discontinued, we intend to replace it with a
Conquest V4 4-16x44 #20

They are sending me a new V4! They have better glass and track better without the bassackwards turrets the older Conquests have. Thanks again!!

bsa, I have two of those exact V4's. I'm guessing you're going to like your new scope. 😊
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/08/22

I have not done well buying rifles online either grin
I know that buddy. The funny thing is I was holding this rifle in my hands going over it with a fine toothed comb. It looks like a real conquest. The chances I have to send it in are slim to none. Its one of the infamous 3-9x40's. That scope sells like hotcakes, but if it goes bad and they want to replace it with a V4 3-12, that is an incentive to hang on to it!!!
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Conquest V4 4-16x44 #20

bsa, I have two of those exact V4's. I'm guessing you're going to like your new scope. 😊
Oh man, I can't wait to try it out. It will definitely be worth the wait. Its definitely a huge upgrade.
Originally Posted by dpd
Their customer service is great ..... but the replacement scope they sent me went south on the first range trip. I sent it back . They replaced it also. I sold it as soon as it arrived. 2 bad scopes in a row. Both went bad on the first range trip. No more Zeiss for me.
That doesn't sound like your typical zeiss to me. Mine have been rock solid. Even the cheap azzed terra models have been stellar.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/08/22
Originally Posted by dpd
That doesn't sound like your typical zeiss to me. Mine have been rock solid. Even the cheap azzed terra models have been stellar.

I have forgotten how many zeiss scopes I have owned and so far they are the only ones that never went back for service.
Posted By: dpd Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/09/22

Conquest V4 4-16x44 #20

That’s exactly what happened to me . My scope was upgraded. The replacement Conquest V4 went bad the first time I used it and had to be replaced. I sure hope you have better luck than I did. I had always heard good things about Zeiss and decided to give them a try . I couldn’t trust them after that .
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/10/22
Originally Posted by dpd

Conquest V4 4-16x44 #20

That’s exactly what happened to me . My scope was upgraded. The replacement Conquest V4 went bad the first time I used it and had to be replaced. I sure hope you have better luck than I did. I had always heard good things about Zeiss and decided to give them a try . I couldn’t trust them after that .

You posted about this twice now. I have never heard of anyone having issues with the new V4's. I'll say again, I am in agreement with the others that have had no issues with Zeiss. This is the first Zeiss rifle scope that I have had to send in. It is the older Conquest model and they are graciously "upgrading" to a better scope (the V4). I am thankful I saw this thread, because it pushed me to send in the Conquest that had a factory defect. The scope worked as it should, otherwise. Just a very small looking spider on the inside of the lens. It was so small, that when I bought it, I did not notice it. The lenses were a little dirty, so when I got home I cleaned the lenses and then noticed the defect.. The scope was in new condition and worked flawlessly..
Posted By: 243guru Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/15/22
I returned a conquest 3.5x10x50 for specks of black on lense,scope no longer sold so they sent me a lesser scope it was a 44mm scope not happy. They should have sent another 50mm scope.ill never buy zeiss again.sold it bought a meopta happy camper now. Cs is no good
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/15/22
Originally Posted by 243guru
I returned a conquest 3.5x10x50 for specks of black on lense,scope no longer sold so they sent me a lesser scope it was a 44mm scope not happy. They should have sent another 50mm scope.ill never buy zeiss again.sold it bought a meopta happy camper now. Cs is no good

Was it a newer V4? If so, that was an upgrade.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/16/22
Originally Posted by 243guru

V4 is an upgrade over the old conquest. They don't make a 50mm with a 3.5-10x50 power range. You made out like a bandit but still post this crap? SMFH
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/17/22
That's what I thought as well. ^^^ I heard back from Zeiss. They offered me a different scope they said they were able to track down. It has some sort of ballistic reticle in it (MOA-2 #94). They referred to it as MOA #94. Does anyone know if they still make that particular scope or has it been discontinued?
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/17/22
That's what I thought as well. ^^^ I heard back from Zeiss. They offered me a different scope they said they were able to track down. It has some sort of ballistic reticle in it (MOA-2 #94). They referred to it as MOA #94. Does anyone know if they still make that particular scope or has it been discontinued?

According to their website it is still available.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/18/22

Thanks Oldelkhunter. I haven't heard back from Zeiss. Maybe they will ship it to me, maybe not?
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/18/22

Thanks Oldelkhunter. I haven't heard back from Zeiss. Maybe they will ship it to me, maybe not?

Came close to buying a Zeiss Conquest v4 4-16x44 for my 257 yesterday.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/18/22

They are nice. I've only looked at them in the store though. A lot of positive reviews.. I can't wait to try mine out, when I get it.. I saw one of the posters to this thread is selling his 3-12x44 for a very reasonable price. I guess when you send in an old Conquest and get a new V4, you can afford to sell it for a little less than retail. ha ha..
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/18/22

They are nice. I've only looked at them in the store though. A lot of positive reviews.. I can't wait to try mine out, when I get it.. I saw one of the posters to this thread is selling his 3-12x44 for a very reasonable price. I guess when you send in an old Conquest and get a new V4, you can afford to sell it for a little less than retail. ha ha..

And others complain about their good fortune. Glad I am not a retailer or manufacturer these days.
Posted By: ElkSnort Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/19/22

But for some reason... people continue to send me lowball offers. As if it's not already a great deal at what I'm asking. People just don't "respect the deal" anymore. I'm about ready to just keep it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...w/1/wts-zeiss-conquest-v4-3-12-44#UNREAD
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/19/22

But for some reason... people continue to send me lowball offers. As if it's not already a great deal at what I'm asking. People just don't "respect the deal" anymore. I'm about ready to just keep it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...w/1/wts-zeiss-conquest-v4-3-12-44#UNREAD

Its a damn good deal and brand new. Those that send you low ball offers can get bent.. That's how I see it. A poster here just sold an old Conquest 3-9x40 that was not in perfect condition for $400. Yes, they are damn good scopes and they hold their value and have a following, but the new V4 is head and shoulders above that older Conquest. At least for my needs they are. The old Conquest has bass ackwards turrets with no numbers on them. They are a "set and forget" scope with no ballistic type reticle even. I recently got an older Conquest and it's a nice scope in like new condition, but its not really my cup of tea. The only other plain jane conquest I have now is my Conquest 3.5-10x44 and I actually really like that one. I have it on one of my elk rifles and it is going to stay on there. The glass quality on them is very nice and low light performance is great. To be honest though, I tend to like scopes with ballistic type reticles for most of my hunting. If they don't have those, then I expect the scope to at least track well, so I can dial. The old Conquest has neither..
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 07/19/22

Just got off the phone with Benjamin at Zeiss. He is the one that actually inspected my old Conquest. He was following up about the email regarding the #94 reticle they offered me. He said the scope is discontinued and now has to check if the store has the one they offered me. ha ha. He will call back this afternoon. Seems like they are doing their best in this situation.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 08/23/22
Almost 3 months I've been waiting and still no scope. Keeping in contact with Zeiss though. Eventually they will make it right. I hope...
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 08/23/22
Almost 3 months I've been waiting and still no scope. Keeping in contact with Zeiss though. Eventually they will make it right. I hope...

Uggh , since it is coming from Japan it is a Buttigieg supply issue for sure.
Posted By: shinbone Re: Zeiss CS experience - 08/23/22
I bought a used Zeiss Conquest HD scope. Seller said it was in brand new condition, and that he never took it out of the box. Looked like it, too. I paid 50% off what would have been the full retail price. However, the reticle was bad right out of the box. I sent it back to Zeiss, and told them I bought it used. Once they confirmed the reticle was bad, they refunded me the full retail price because the model was no longer made. A full refund on a used scope is pretty good customer service. I used that refund to pay for most of a new V6 3-18x50. I definitely did well on that deal, courtesy of Zeiss.

I've got a bunch of V4s and V6s. They are all great scopes.
Posted By: 209jones Re: Zeiss CS experience - 08/26/22
Have 3 Zeiss, two of the Conquest MC's from 10-12 yrs ago and a V6 1-6x24, no issues with any of them. I used to think Leupold was the cat's meow until I bought a Nikon 6.5-20 in about 1993, didn't buy any more scopes til around 2010. Market sure changed by that time. The number of good scopes on the market now is a bit overwhelming, have to do a lot of research. The Conquest MC's and the V4 are both Japanese scopes, which says a lot, that Zeiss would put their name on them. Only lately that Leupold seems to have woke up and started building a very few competitive scopes, and they aren't my first choice anymore. Seems to me the Conquest MC was designed and priced to kick some butt, which it did til they brought out the Terra, it would seem.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 08/26/22
Originally Posted by 209jones
Have 3 Zeiss, two of the Conquest MC's from 10-12 yrs ago and a V6 1-6x24, no issues with any of them. I used to think Leupold was the cat's meow until I bought a Nikon 6.5-20 in about 1993, didn't buy any more scopes til around 2010. Market sure changed by that time. The number of good scopes on the market now is a bit overwhelming, have to do a lot of research. The Conquest MC's and the V4 are both Japanese scopes, which says a lot, that Zeiss would put their name on them. Only lately that Leupold seems to have woke up and started building a very few competitive scopes, and they aren't my first choice anymore. Seems to me the Conquest MC was designed and priced to kick some butt, which it did til they brought out the Terra, it would seem.

Terra is old news. I believe they discontinued them as a matter of fact. Having the 3-9x42 and 4-12, I much preferred the 3-9x42. The 4-12 was much harder to get behind. Oddly enough, the V4 is their "entry level" scope now. Seems a little spendy to be called "entry level", but that is their bottom of the barrel scope now. From what I've heard the V4 is a damn good scope though. If I ever get mine I'll run it through the ringer and see how good it really is. It may be a long wait though. Hoping to get it by Christmas anyway!!!!
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Zeiss CS experience - 12/19/22
No problem. Let us know how it goes and good luck.

Well, you wanted to know how it went. I finally received my new V4 4-16x44 with #94 reticle. 6 months and 5 days of waiting though. I'm not complaining, even though it took half a year to get my new scope. For those not following this thread, I sent them in a very nice older Conquest 4.5-14x42 with #20 reticle. That scope looked like new, but had a factory defect. Zeiss was very professional, but I dealt with the guy that did the inspection on my Conquest mostly. His name is Benjamin and he's a great guy. Weird how the technician took this under his wing though. I received the scope yesterday and it is extremely nice. I really like the reticle. It is similar to my Nightforce scopes with the MOAR reticle and Burris AR556 and AR762 rifle scopes with C4 Windplex reticle. Its 18 degrees outside right now, but I intend to do some testing with this scope when it warms up a bit. Thinking about doing some scope swapping, so at this time I am thinking about putting this scope on one of my new rifles. It's proven to be extremely accurate, so it will be a good rifle to put the scope on. Tikka 1 in 8 twist 22-250:

Then I'm going to put that Nightforce on one of my CTR's:

Then that NXS 5.5-22x56 is probably going to go on the chopping block. I don't like the really thin reticle on that particular Nightforce. I do look forward to testing this new Zeiss out though. I looked through it yesterday and the glass is very nice. Now lets hope it tracks as well as everyone says it does. A very nice upgrade from the old Conquest.

To those that have to send your Zeiss rifle scopes in, I sure hope it doesn't take as long as it took for me to get this one. That's been my experience on Zeiss customer service..
© 24hourcampfire