Home
Posted By: ChrisAU 1.5ish-6ish x 42ish options - 11/26/22
Really like that range but seems there isn’t much out there today? Any options outside of Hawke? I want super wide FOV on minimum and 6+ for when I want it.
I'd quit fhuqking around and cut to THE chase,ala BTR Gen2 2-12x FFP Mil/Mil Lit Bitch. Hint............
For basic look at the Sightron S1 1.75-5x32 G2 - Duplex and for a step up, as suggested above, look at the Athlon Helos BTR GEN2 2-12x42
I hear Big Stick likes Leupolds.
There are a couple of decent 2-12x42 scopes out there with the gen 2 Helos being very good for the money.

While 1.5-6x42 scopes are not very common any more, Delta makes a 1.5-9x45 that I like a good bit. GPO makes 1.5-9x32 and 1.5-9x44, but I have not tested them yet.

ILya
Posted By: Dre Re: 1.5ish-6ish x 42ish options - 11/26/22
Loving this thread already.
OP:Looking for 1-6 x 42 options that’s not (LPVO/AR)
Others: sounds like 2-12 is something You’re looking for!
Lol
OP, Good luck with limited options out there.
Everyone is a modern sniper now days and practicality is out the window. I think you might have more options/better luck with 2-8?
Posted By: SDHNTR Re: 1.5ish-6ish x 42ish options - 11/26/22
I want one too!
Chris both OSU SIG and I have a few of the Bushnell 4200 1.5-6x36 in standard and firefly reticles. Great scopes for the money and don’t give up anything usable as for as normal hunting times go to some of the alpha, Zeiss SB 1.5-6x42s I have compared them with side be side ad light fades.

Spence
I can only see "part" of my barrel on 2x,ala slated 2-12x. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Drool "gets" to read about it and look at pics,but fortunately for her,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even she can "afford" to "contribute". She can't even BEGIN to fathom,that some folks simply shoot it all and then some,because she is forced to use herself,as a barometer of "evaluation". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Aren't there a couple German 6 x 42s on the 'Fire for sale somewhere? One's Kahles maybe. Prices looked good.
Posted By: erich Re: 1.5ish-6ish x 42ish options - 11/26/22
They are out there, it is one of my favorite scope and I have them from Burris 4X and SS, Sightron II, Alpen optics XP, A couple Konus scopes that were quite the scope for the money and a Meopta Artimes. I had a Bushnell but didn't care for the large change in eye relief when changing powers.

The 2-12 Athlon Argos that is working out really well and another might be in the works.
If a super wide FOV is what you want, then the 30mm LPVO's would provide that. Most are 1-6x although now you can get 1-8x and 1-10x. One inch tubes will give a much narrower FOV.

There are a lot of 1-6x24 30mm scopes out there including offerings by by Zeiss, Swarovski, Leica, Meopta, Leupold VX-6, Vortex Razor etc. There are also a bunch of lower priced offerings by Vortex, Burris, Primary Arms etc., as scopes in the first group I mentioned tend to be pretty spendy.
Originally Posted by spence1875
Chris both OSU SIG and I have a few of the Bushnell 4200 1.5-6x36 in standard and firefly reticles. Great scopes for the money and don’t give up anything usable as for as normal hunting times go to some of the alpha, Zeiss SB 1.5-6x42s I have compared them with side be side ad light fades.

Spence
Spence is right. These scopes punch way above their weight and offer outstanding optics. I recommend them if you can find one.
Posted By: Seuss Re: 1.5ish-6ish x 42ish options - 11/27/22
GPO has a 1.5-9x32 that looks sweet
The GPO RS640 SPECTRA 6x 2-12x44i - BRWi is an exceptional scope and at the moment it is on sale reduced from $949.99 to only $649.99
See? 😊
I’ve not tried a GPO, but would like too.
I like the GPOs I’ve had. I will say that the long, heavy Zeiss conquest 1.8-5.5 is awesome in low light, and fast in thick cover. I also believe that it’s magnification range is FAR underrated….5.5x on it (visually) appears equal to many 8x optics I use….whether it’s because the others exaggerate their Xs, or Zeiss underrated theirs, I don’t know.
Posted By: BubbaG Re: 1.5ish-6ish x 42ish options - 11/28/22
If you are not opposed to used, keep an eye on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175507723706?hash=item28dd1355ba:g:Q90AAOSwYxxjg6u3&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAkI3sn2%2FQ8I4%2Fv8uMS2tiSFELNiebtZv3oBualkh7Fp%2BSsDJ1CmIFUThu3ks1QBZ7i0b%2FeSpEbIjy6dvwk2ToOmx7YvGcs%2BCEaXbqu1YmgP9mVwCGMvQoe3NkRQsxVTOOUTsWbLca0fP3pI98UgXOTjtuNVotE4YUIon0pc5%2B8RJu8Ej%2FK6eEQkmYcSwYKgansA%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR8LCgO6XYQ

Others to keep an eye out for. I have all of them and they are all good scopes.
vortex Razor HD LH 1.5-8x32 - Thinking about selling. My eyes don't like the reticle.
minox za3 1.5-8x32
sightron SII 1.5-6x42
sightron SIII 1.5-6x50

Of course, if you want new in box then you may try looking at 2-7 and 2.5-8 power range of scopes.
Originally Posted by BubbaG
If you are not opposed to used, keep an eye on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175507723706?hash=item28dd1355ba:g:Q90AAOSwYxxjg6u3&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAkI3sn2%2FQ8I4%2Fv8uMS2tiSFELNiebtZv3oBualkh7Fp%2BSsDJ1CmIFUThu3ks1QBZ7i0b%2FeSpEbIjy6dvwk2ToOmx7YvGcs%2BCEaXbqu1YmgP9mVwCGMvQoe3NkRQsxVTOOUTsWbLca0fP3pI98UgXOTjtuNVotE4YUIon0pc5%2B8RJu8Ej%2FK6eEQkmYcSwYKgansA%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR8LCgO6XYQ

Others to keep an eye out for. I have all of them and they are all good scopes.
vortex Razor HD LH 1.5-8x32 - Thinking about selling. My eyes don't like the reticle.
minox za3 1.5-8x32
sightron SII 1.5-6x42
sightron SIII 1.5-6x50

I remember looking at the Minox 1.5-8x32 when they first came out. Always meant to pick one up with #4 for a BLR but never got around to it. Obviously can't comment on the internals or ruggedness, but the view was outstanding in every way, IIRC.
I'd be hard pressed to pass on a Swarovski PH 1.5-6x42 if I came across another. The two I have are fantastic.
Kahles helia c 1.5-6x42 30 mm tube with a 4a reticle If you can find one snag it I have 2 and would gladly buy a 3rd if it came along
I've been really pleased with that variable power range for all my woods hunting. I use a Zeiss 1.5-6x42 T* Diavari VM/V 30mm with the #8 reticle and it is the best low light 42mm objective scope that I've ever used. I do like that scopes power adjustment ring because it has a raised rubber portion where 3x is straight up and that is where I keep it while I'm in my stand. 3x is enough to confirm a legal buck, but low enough to get a wide fov. I'll use 2x when I'm walking around. This years deer was typical. 3x to confirm antlers, a quick left press on that raised portion to get to 6x for the shot, then back down to 4x to watch for any further movement. I think that for me that 6x upper range is better because with more magnification available, I'm pretty sure that I would want to dial up higher than necessary which would limit the fov and magnify my movement. Lots of guys use a high x rifle scope like a telescope or a binocular substitute instead of an aiming device. In the northern forest, 6x is plenty because woods deer can disappear in a hurry.
Kaps has a nice 1.5-6x42 as well
Originally Posted by grumpy7904
Kaps has a nice 1.5-6x42 as well

Does anyone have any experience with the Kaps scopes? I am looking for another 1.5-6x42 for another bear gun, that in my mind is an excellent power range for bears on bait.

Thanks
wade
Posted By: jorgeI Re: 1.5ish-6ish x 42ish options - 12/01/22
Originally Posted by Live2hunt941
Kahles helia c 1.5-6x42 30 mm tube with a 4a reticle If you can find one snag it I have 2 and would gladly buy a 3rd if it came along

Second!
I like the S&B Klassic 1-6x42. I don't think it's in production anymore. It's a good fit for a lot of my hunting in locations I'm not dialing. Glass it good, robust/reliable scope. Low end gives really good FOV and 6x is nice in low light and gives enough detail to pick up limbs or twigs at woods shooting distance.
Where can you find a KAPs? Found one once and sold it to a friend. Had a 50 objective.
My son is looking for a 1-6x42 with illumination like and S&B or Swarovski, Kahles, Meopta.
Originally Posted by abbydog
My son is looking for a 1-6x42 with illumination like and S&B or Swarovski, Kahles, Meopta.
I have a Zeiss Victory HT, 1.5-6x42 Illuminated in the safe if interested.
Karl Kaps is found on Optics trader and they also have a web store
Where can you find a KAPs? Found one once and sold it to a friend. Had a 50 objective.

The only place that I've seen selling Kaps is Optics-Trade.eu:

Kaps Scopes @ Optics Trade
Kaps Scopes @ Kaps

Until recently (last year?) they had a lot of Kaps scopes listed. Right now they only list four. If there was a particular one you were interested in, shoot them an email. I found them to be responsive to all my previous requests & they were good to work with when I ordered a Schmidt & Bender from them. They're an optics shop in Slovenia with a good reputation that ships worldwide. They're an option if you're looking for a particular scope that's hard to find in the USA & you don't mind working with a foreign vendor (i.e. Having something shipped through US customs).

Optics Trade Info
Take a look at the Hawke Endurance 30 WA 1.5-6x44 - L4A Dot Illuminated

SIDE FOCUS AND ILLUMINATION RHEOSTAT
Precise Side Focus adjustment to infinity ensures accuracy is maintained. The rheostat operates brightness settings for the red reticle illumination.

WIDE ANGLE OPTICAL SYSTEM
Wider than ever before, the Endurance Wide Angle optical system creates a breathtaking image that gives full edge to edge clarity. Seeing is believing.

FAST FOCUS OCULAR ADJUSTMENT
The apparent field of view is complemented further by a fine outer ocular assembly, making the enlarged target image almost float in front of your eye.

LOW-PROFILE ¼ MOA FINGERTIP TURRETS
Low profile ‘no-snag’ fingertip turrets with caps are precision engineered to deliver consistent and repeatable ¼ MOA click adjustments.

TACTICAL LOCKING TURRETS
Push-pull locking and resettable turrets with positive clicks. Two variants – ¼ MOA with 15 MOA per revolution or 1/10 MRAD with 6 MRAD per revolution.

ILLUMINATION RHEOSTAT
The rheostat operates reticle illumination in red. A multi stage brightness control allows a range of settings to suit shooting from dawn until dusk.
Originally Posted by odonata

The only place that I've seen selling Kaps is Optics-Trade.eu:

Kaps Scopes @ Optics Trade
Kaps Scopes @ Kaps

Until recently (last year?) they had a lot of Kaps scopes listed. Right now they only list four. If there was a particular one you were interested in, shoot them an email. I found them to be responsive to all my previous requests & they were good to work with when I ordered a Schmidt & Bender from them. They're an optics shop in Slovenia with a good reputation that ships worldwide. They're an option if you're looking for a particular scope that's hard to find in the USA & you don't mind working with a foreign vendor (i.e. Having something shipped through US customs).

Optics Trade Info

In the US, Darn Fine Shot sells Kaps scopes.

ILya
© 24hourcampfire