Home
Posted By: Frayser Swarovski deals? - 12/08/22
Looking to buy my wife a nice pair of Swarovski binoculars for Christmas. It seems like every online retailer has them priced the same. Does Swarovski set minimum prices for their dealers or are there deals to be found?
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/08/22
A pleasure to assist you please give us a call 516-217-1000
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/08/22
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Do this Frayser.
Posted By: Frayser Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/09/22
Turns out, Doug is the man. He had advice on how to make my wife happy - and it only involved money...
Posted By: Matt in Virginia Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/11/22
FWIW,
I sold Schmidt Bender for 17 years. Specifically the PMII scopes. I have also been a Leicaphile for decades. All of my Leica products were purchased from a company in Texas that is familiar to most. In any event, I bought a pair, as in two binoculars, of Leica Utravids in 8x20mm and 8x42mm. Oddly enough the 8x42 Ultravid went democratic on me in short order. I called my "buddy" at said optical source in Texas. When I mentioned I had a problem he was not available. Crickets. I had bought many Leica Binoculars, and a couple of Leica Spotters (an APO 77 and an APO 62), and had registered everything through my LIFETIME PASSPORT WARRANTY. As I was getting tuned up for the season, my Leica Ultravid 8x42s(the leather-wrapped BL version), simply failed to respond to the focus knob. I called Leica and was assured my binocular would be repaired and returned within FOUR MONTHS!

Color me shocked at their response. I called my "buddy" in Texas again and could not even get him on the phone... That was a surprise.

What was a further surprise is that Doug @ Camera Land had Leica's USA's Vice President calling me, to apologize, within a couple of HOURS. I never thought to ask as I had purchased NOTHING from him. I was amazed when Leica paid for Overnight FEDEX to them and back to me. Cleaned, fixed, and returned in less than three days. I am greatly appreciative of his pull with Leica, and better yet for someone who had never been a customer. That will change the next time I buy something that he sells.

Best Regards, Matt Garrett
Chesapeake, Virginia
Posted By: Elvis Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/11/22
It seems to be Swarovski's way. It's the same over here with every shop the exact same price. And they never have a sale....................never, never ever.
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/11/22
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
FWIW,
I sold Schmidt Bender for 17 years. Specifically the PMII scopes. I have also been a Leicaphile for decades. All of my Leica products were purchased from a company in Texas that is familiar to most. In any event, I bought a pair, as in two binoculars, of Leica Utravids in 8x20mm and 8x42mm. Oddly enough the 8x42 Ultravid went democratic on me in short order. I called my "buddy" at said optical source in Texas. When I mentioned I had a problem he was not available. Crickets. I had bought many Leica Binoculars, and a couple of Leica Spotters (an APO 77 and an APO 62), and had registered everything through my LIFETIME PASSPORT WARRANTY. As I was getting tuned up for the season, my Leica Ultravid 8x42s(the leather-wrapped BL version), simply failed to respond to the focus knob. I called Leica and was assured my binocular would be repaired and returned within FOUR MONTHS!

Color me shocked at their response. I called my "buddy" in Texas again and could not even get him on the phone... That was a surprise.

What was a further surprise is that Doug @ Camera Land had Leica's USA's Vice President calling me, to apologize, within a couple of HOURS. I never thought to ask as I had purchased NOTHING from him. I was amazed when Leica paid for Overnight FEDEX to them and back to me. Cleaned, fixed, and returned in less than three days. I am greatly appreciative of his pull with Leica, and better yet for someone who had never been a customer. That will change the next time I buy something that he sells.

Chesapeake, Virginia

THIS right here... always do the right thing and you will always have customers...
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/11/22
My best swarovski deal was a 8x30 bino i bought on marketplace 2 years ago for 80.00
Posted By: Rifles And More Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/11/22
Demo is the best way to get a Swaro deal.
Posted By: wyosteve Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/11/22
Occasionally, in Jan. or Feb., Swaro will authorize a 10% off sale. And, keep checking for used/demos which can save a few dollars.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/11/22
Originally Posted by Frayser
Turns out, Doug is the man. He had advice on how to make my wife happy - and it only involved money...

Glad it worked out for you. Doug provides concierge level service for his customers.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/11/22
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
FWIW,

Chesapeake, Virginia

SWFA is dishonest in their specs on their scopes. Further, they will not post a review that provides the actual specs of said scope. With that, they lost my business forever.
Posted By: SDHNTR Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/11/22
I love my Swaro binos and spotters! And I love Doug and Neil and the service at Cameraland even more! By far the best CS and pricing available. One needs no other retailer for optics purchases.

BUT… don’t think that Swarovski is immune from customer service challenges either. They apparently have been going through some software update over the last couple weeks and have been entirely unresponsive to phone calls and email thus far. I hope they get back on track soon!
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/11/22
Swarovski, among others, has MAP pricing - minimum advertised price, and they police it quite well. MAP applies to all of their current h optics and accessories and may well applied to their other lines.
If dealers want to advertise Swaro products, they are bound to do so at MAP, be it on social media, radio,print ad, etc. That doesn't apply to the buyer that walks in a retail store and and is given a discount because of an in-house, unadvertised sale, or the good graces of the sales guy. Same applies if call a Swaro retailer, as I understand it.
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/11/22
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Swarovski, among others, has MAP pricing - minimum advertised price, and they police it quite well. MAP applies to all of their current h optics and accessories and may well applied to their other lines.
If dealers want to advertise Swaro products, they are bound to do so at MAP, be it on social media, radio,print ad, etc. That doesn't apply to the buyer that walks in a retail store and and is given a discount because of an in-house, unadvertised sale, or the good graces of the sales guy. Same applies if call a Swaro retailer, as I understand it.

Perfectly stated. Please give a call to discuss it
Posted By: boatammo Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/14/22
Just call Camera land !!! I've been extremely happy every time I've dealt with them.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/14/22
Doug and the guys at Cameraland don't disappoint.
Posted By: Tesoro Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/14/22
So do you guys all bravo'ing cameraland get points for future purchases? My experience over last month was not good. read this before it gets deleted.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/15/22
Originally Posted by Tesoro
So do you guys all bravo'ing cameraland get points for future purchases? My experience over last month was not good. read this before it gets deleted.
Any possibility of you having something to do with the bad experience?
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Swarovski deals? - 12/16/22
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
This is your best play
Honestly, dougs the man
© 24hourcampfire