Print Thread
Hop To
F
Frayser Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Looking to buy my wife a nice pair of Swarovski binoculars for Christmas. It seems like every online retailer has them priced the same. Does Swarovski set minimum prices for their dealers or are there deals to be found?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A pleasure to assist you please give us a call 516-217-1000

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Do this Frayser.

F
Frayser Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Turns out, Doug is the man. He had advice on how to make my wife happy - and it only involved money...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FWIW,
I sold Schmidt Bender for 17 years. Specifically the PMII scopes. I have also been a Leicaphile for decades. All of my Leica products were purchased from a company in Texas that is familiar to most. In any event, I bought a pair, as in two binoculars, of Leica Utravids in 8x20mm and 8x42mm. Oddly enough the 8x42 Ultravid went democratic on me in short order. I called my "buddy" at said optical source in Texas. When I mentioned I had a problem he was not available. Crickets. I had bought many Leica Binoculars, and a couple of Leica Spotters (an APO 77 and an APO 62), and had registered everything through my LIFETIME PASSPORT WARRANTY. As I was getting tuned up for the season, my Leica Ultravid 8x42s(the leather-wrapped BL version), simply failed to respond to the focus knob. I called Leica and was assured my binocular would be repaired and returned within FOUR MONTHS!

Color me shocked at their response. I called my "buddy" in Texas again and could not even get him on the phone... That was a surprise.

What was a further surprise is that Doug @ Camera Land had Leica's USA's Vice President calling me, to apologize, within a couple of HOURS. I never thought to ask as I had purchased NOTHING from him. I was amazed when Leica paid for Overnight FEDEX to them and back to me. Cleaned, fixed, and returned in less than three days. I am greatly appreciative of his pull with Leica, and better yet for someone who had never been a customer. That will change the next time I buy something that he sells.

Best Regards, Matt Garrett
Chesapeake, Virginia

NRA Life Benefactor Member
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It seems to be Swarovski's way. It's the same over here with every shop the exact same price. And they never have a sale....................never, never ever.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
FWIW,
I sold Schmidt Bender for 17 years. Specifically the PMII scopes. I have also been a Leicaphile for decades. All of my Leica products were purchased from a company in Texas that is familiar to most. In any event, I bought a pair, as in two binoculars, of Leica Utravids in 8x20mm and 8x42mm. Oddly enough the 8x42 Ultravid went democratic on me in short order. I called my "buddy" at said optical source in Texas. When I mentioned I had a problem he was not available. Crickets. I had bought many Leica Binoculars, and a couple of Leica Spotters (an APO 77 and an APO 62), and had registered everything through my LIFETIME PASSPORT WARRANTY. As I was getting tuned up for the season, my Leica Ultravid 8x42s(the leather-wrapped BL version), simply failed to respond to the focus knob. I called Leica and was assured my binocular would be repaired and returned within FOUR MONTHS!

Color me shocked at their response. I called my "buddy" in Texas again and could not even get him on the phone... That was a surprise.

What was a further surprise is that Doug @ Camera Land had Leica's USA's Vice President calling me, to apologize, within a couple of HOURS. I never thought to ask as I had purchased NOTHING from him. I was amazed when Leica paid for Overnight FEDEX to them and back to me. Cleaned, fixed, and returned in less than three days. I am greatly appreciative of his pull with Leica, and better yet for someone who had never been a customer. That will change the next time I buy something that he sells.

Chesapeake, Virginia

THIS right here... always do the right thing and you will always have customers...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My best swarovski deal was a 8x30 bino i bought on marketplace 2 years ago for 80.00

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Demo is the best way to get a Swaro deal.

Last edited by Rifles And More; 12/11/22.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
W
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
W
Occasionally, in Jan. or Feb., Swaro will authorize a 10% off sale. And, keep checking for used/demos which can save a few dollars.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Frayser
Turns out, Doug is the man. He had advice on how to make my wife happy - and it only involved money...

Glad it worked out for you. Doug provides concierge level service for his customers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
FWIW,

Chesapeake, Virginia

SWFA is dishonest in their specs on their scopes. Further, they will not post a review that provides the actual specs of said scope. With that, they lost my business forever.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I love my Swaro binos and spotters! And I love Doug and Neil and the service at Cameraland even more! By far the best CS and pricing available. One needs no other retailer for optics purchases.

BUT… don’t think that Swarovski is immune from customer service challenges either. They apparently have been going through some software update over the last couple weeks and have been entirely unresponsive to phone calls and email thus far. I hope they get back on track soon!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Swarovski, among others, has MAP pricing - minimum advertised price, and they police it quite well. MAP applies to all of their current h optics and accessories and may well applied to their other lines.
If dealers want to advertise Swaro products, they are bound to do so at MAP, be it on social media, radio,print ad, etc. That doesn't apply to the buyer that walks in a retail store and and is given a discount because of an in-house, unadvertised sale, or the good graces of the sales guy. Same applies if call a Swaro retailer, as I understand it.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Swarovski, among others, has MAP pricing - minimum advertised price, and they police it quite well. MAP applies to all of their current h optics and accessories and may well applied to their other lines.
If dealers want to advertise Swaro products, they are bound to do so at MAP, be it on social media, radio,print ad, etc. That doesn't apply to the buyer that walks in a retail store and and is given a discount because of an in-house, unadvertised sale, or the good graces of the sales guy. Same applies if call a Swaro retailer, as I understand it.

Perfectly stated. Please give a call to discuss it

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Just call Camera land !!! I've been extremely happy every time I've dealt with them.

Last edited by boatammo; 12/13/22.

MOLON LABE
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Doug and the guys at Cameraland don't disappoint.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So do you guys all bravo'ing cameraland get points for future purchases? My experience over last month was not good. read this before it gets deleted.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Tesoro
So do you guys all bravo'ing cameraland get points for future purchases? My experience over last month was not good. read this before it gets deleted.
Any possibility of you having something to do with the bad experience?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
This is your best play
Honestly, dougs the man

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,118 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,038
Posts18,481,979
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.