FWIW,
I sold Schmidt Bender for 17 years. Specifically the PMII scopes. I have also been a Leicaphile for decades. All of my Leica products were purchased from a company in Texas that is familiar to most. In any event, I bought a pair, as in two binoculars, of Leica Utravids in 8x20mm and 8x42mm. Oddly enough the 8x42 Ultravid went democratic on me in short order. I called my "buddy" at said optical source in Texas. When I mentioned I had a problem he was not available. Crickets. I had bought many Leica Binoculars, and a couple of Leica Spotters (an APO 77 and an APO 62), and had registered everything through my LIFETIME PASSPORT WARRANTY. As I was getting tuned up for the season, my Leica Ultravid 8x42s(the leather-wrapped BL version), simply failed to respond to the focus knob. I called Leica and was assured my binocular would be repaired and returned within FOUR MONTHS!

Color me shocked at their response. I called my "buddy" in Texas again and could not even get him on the phone... That was a surprise.

What was a further surprise is that Doug @ Camera Land had Leica's USA's Vice President calling me, to apologize, within a couple of HOURS. I never thought to ask as I had purchased NOTHING from him. I was amazed when Leica paid for Overnight FEDEX to them and back to me. Cleaned, fixed, and returned in less than three days. I am greatly appreciative of his pull with Leica, and better yet for someone who had never been a customer. That will change the next time I buy something that he sells.

Best Regards, Matt Garrett
Chesapeake, Virginia

NRA Life Benefactor Member