Home
Posted By: Joel/AK Am I wrong or is this a fake? - 05/20/23
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/987776167#carousel-modal-view-item

Besides the price. The band is marked Leupold and all but the serial # location and the number itself had me chuckle.
A+ rated seller.
My question is the seller has alot of them. Leupold uses either a prefix or suffix letter in the serial number. Also the serial is on the bottom not the side of the bell.
I'm just curious, most here know more about glass than I do
It doesn’t say Leupold anywhere in the ad. It’s $99 . Here’s your sign
100% fake.

You can find them on eBay for between $50 and $100.

One of my friends bought some 2-7x33 fakes for his grandkids and they have held up through a couple thousand rounds of .22 fired through an FIE Nylon 22, a Marlin 795, and a couple of 10/22s. They came in copies of Leupold boxes and had box fillers that you'd expect to get with a real Leupold. The knock-offs that my friend got all had the same bogus serial number.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
It doesn’t say Leupold anywhere in the ad. It’s $99 . Here’s your sign

Exactly. Wonder how many fall for it.they see that gold band, zoom in and see leupold blah, blah.

They don't claim leupold so it covers their a$$'s
Probably tracks
It also has the gold medallion but there's no "L" in the center.
Obvious knock off.
Pawn shop owner told me last week that they stopped taking in Rolex watches. They cannot tell fakes from authentic without doing a lot of research on it.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Pawn shop owner told me last week that they stopped taking in Rolex watches. They cannot tell fakes from authentic without doing a lot of research on it.
Don't they have an expert they can call in?
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Owner is an "expert" , some of them have to be disassembeled to see if so. They can call the factory and find out if it is as well. That is true of many other pawn shops taking them in . I am always on the lookout for a watch or a nice rifle or shotgun.

A pawn ship near me won't take Leupold or any recent manufacture European scopes as they got burned on a couple of fakes. I saw the "Leupold", it was a 3.5-10x40 that looked real even upon close inspection. The only thing that looked a little off was the size of the font of the serial number but it was a very good copy.

A lot of the ads for these scopes on eBay with show the "Leupold" box that the scope comes in to lead you to believe that it is genuine. The knock-off 2-7x33s that my friend bought on eBay came with boxes and box fillers that were, AFAICT, identical copies of genuine Leupold in every way.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

A pawn ship near me won't take Leupold or any recent manufacture European scopes as they got burned on a couple of fakes. I saw the "Leupold", it was a 3.5-10x40 that looked real even upon close inspection. The only thing that looked a little off was the size of the font of the serial number but it was a very good copy.

A lot of the ads for these scopes on eBay with show the "Leupold" box that the scope comes in to lead you to believe that it is genuine. The knock-off 2-7x33s that my friend bought on eBay came with boxes and box fillers that were, AFAICT, identical copies of genuine Leupold in every way.

I know of one person that bought a fake from Ebay, he called Leupold and got his money back .
“You can’t cheat an honest man” -W.C. Fields

If a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is.

At least the seller doesn’t claim they’re Leupys. These might actually work. Take one for the team and try one out.

Owner is an "expert" , some of them have to be disassembeled to see if so. They can call the factory and find out if it is as well. That is true of many other pawn shops taking them in . I am always on the lookout for a watch or a nice rifle or shotgun.
My poke at Pawn Stars must have been a bit opaque.
[Linked Image from img.memegenerator.net]
I thought that’s what you were hinting about. 😊
Originally Posted by Pappy348

At least the seller doesn’t claim they’re Leupys. These might actually work. Take one for the team and try one out.
Thought about it, run it through the gauntlet and see if it holds up. Spent $100 on worse things.

I need another scope for a new 450 bushmaster for deer hunting.

It's just the fact of wasting money on more than likely junk that I don't like. My wife does that enough....

My poke at Pawn Stars must have been a bit opaque.
[Linked Image from img.memegenerator.net]

LOL I didn't even pick up on it. Yeah the guy in Pawn stars got bamboozled a few times.
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Thought about it, run it through the gauntlet and see if it holds up. Spent $100 on worse things.

I need another scope for a new 450 bushmaster for deer hunting.

It's just the fact of wasting money on more than likely junk that I don't like. My wife does that enough....

Please clarify. Is she wasting money on stuff she doesn’t like, or that you don’t like?
Lots of fake ones out there and yes its a fake one

I know of one person that bought a fake from Ebay, he called Leupold and got his money back .

Is your reply just poorly worded or did you mean to imply that Leupold sent him his money back?

drover
Originally Posted by drover

Is your reply just poorly worded or did you mean to imply that Leupold sent him his money back?

drover

He verified by the serial number that it was a fake. PayPal refunded his money
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Probably tracks

Quote of the year right here. Short, sweet, and zings like hell!
Posted By: GeoW Re: Am I wrong or is this a fake? - 05/21/23
Any chance it came off the same production line as the Leupolds but not branded with the Leupold Trademark?
I've had to break a few hearts here in the gun shop telling the hard truth to people regarding their newly purchased counterfeits, mostly "Leupolds" but also a "Swarovski" that the guy proudly paid "half price" for. Even "half price" was $1000....
Damn scopes are as counterfeit and the bumbling idiot that calls himself the President of the United States
If it holds zero and adjusts correctly its a fake!
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/987776167#carousel-modal-view-item

Besides the price. The band is marked Leupold and all but the serial # location and the number itself had me chuckle.

Email seller Ask for make and serial #?
ALSO THIS!

If it holds zero and adjusts correctly its not a Leupold
It's real. It's not a Leupold. The seller missed the lvpo memo.
Originally Posted by Fotis
ALSO THIS!

If it holds zero and adjusts correctly its not a Leupold

Y’all are SO mean. 😂
FAKE!

Nowhere does it say Leupold. It’s a LVPO with no brand name, the golden ring is just a golden colored ring
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
FAKE!

Nowhere does it say Leupold. It’s a LVPO with no brand name, the golden ring is just a golden colored ring
4 th pic if you zoom into the gold band , sure insinuates leupold vx. Now if it's spelled right.....
Originally Posted by ryan852

🙄
A guy at a gunshow had a table full of these baby's a few month ago, slightly higher price, but when you picked them up something was not quite right LOL but they seemed pretty darn clear, they might be as good or better as compared to other stuff in that range, and I would not be shocked if they ran off the assembly line with a name brand scope, overrun the order or the original buyer cut back the PO, was in the fishing tackle business for years seen it all the time, order placed, PO cut back, factory closed them out, just looked a bit different.
Originally Posted by ryan852

Good one
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
FAKE!

4 th pic if you zoom into the gold band , sure insinuates leupold vx. Now if it's spelled right.....

I didn’t zoom in because I was referring to (unclearly 😀) that the seller made no mention of brand. He ain’t stupid.
It DOES say “you’ll be amazed at the quality” so there is that to consider….
🤣
Have you ever wondered why the counterfeiters aren't cloning and Athlon?
The 2 counterfeit Leupolds I've seen 1st hand were both about 1/2 the weight they should've been.
I think I'll buy a couple for Giggles. Hint.

Been busy cloning Athlons myself,as Paula Burnedhard shoots her mouth and Imagination,while Googling a FIRST fhuqking clue. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..........................
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Have you ever wondered why the counterfeiters aren't cloning and Athlon?
Might it have to do with the sheer amount of Lupey-dupeys out there?

Pure numbers, just think about anything that is copied….
Looks like the gold ring is stamped "Leupolo" Haha.

Interesting, if you save the picture to a computer, the label on the picture comes up as "Magorui" scope, which is a Chicom junk optic company. So, maybe they are the ones making the fakes as well. They can't fake Athlon, because to a Chicom, dat's racissst. lol.
Joel/AK: Another reason I NEVER have and NEVER will buy or sell anything through "gunbreaker"!
Way, way, way to many of my friends and guntrading buddies have suffered there in so many ways.
To hell with gunbreaker - I have never been scammed during a face to face transaction.
To each their own though?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
You can get the fake leupolds from China several ways. I bout a couple just to see. They all had the same serial number and actually had leupold written on them. Build quality was spot on and tracking was good. The tell tell was the glass. Poor glass and late evening its done. A freind of mine hunted with one a whole season. They are better than you would think except for the glass. But for $65 it's a hell of scope just not a Leupold
I do not even want an authentic Leupold
Originally Posted by Torqued
Damn scopes are as counterfeit and the bumbling idiot that calls himself the President of the United States

Maybe if we report him to Leupold we can get our last president back.
© 24hourcampfire