Home
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Vortex Riflescope Special - 05/28/09
Vortex Riflescope Special

We have put together a very special deal for the forum members. This special must be called in to Doug or Neil to place your order.

Buy any new Vortex Riflescope and add your choice of a Vortex Vulture Coyote 8.5x50, Vortex Vulture Coyote 10x50 or the Vortex Vulture Coyote 12x50 for only $99.99
This special applies to the Viper, Diamondback, Crossfire and Strikefire series.
Here is a direct link to our Vortex Full Product Page

Please feel free to contact us with any questions. As always we thank you for your continued support.
Do you have a picture of the bino's with the blem? I definitely want to take advantge of this offer.
The blemish in the rubber armor coating is so insignificant and random there really is not way to post an image. Some are a 1/2" discolor line, some are a couple of little spots. Just in the rubber armor, has nothing to do with the optics
Posted By: Yukoner Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 09/10/09
I got a pair of the Diamondbacks from Doug. The blemish is, indeed, totally insignificant, and the binos are great!

Ted
Any problem getting scopes into Canada? I'd be interested in the Razor 5-20-50mm c/w 34mm rings.
I am sorry we cannot export riflescopes
Guess I'll have to shop across the border. Thanks anyway.
Have agood day.
I can get Nightforce scopes in Canada but they have to go through a buyer which I deal with out of Calgary. He is the agent for Nightforce I guess that's why. You don't have an agent in Canada?
I am sorry we do not
Posted By: TDMax Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 10/31/09
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Guess I'll have to shop across the border. Thanks anyway.
Have agood day.

We do business Worldwide including a lot to Canada. Many of my Canadian customers have US ship shops that they have receive and/or forward their packages through customs. Just a suggestion.

Sumas WA is one. The ones in Sweetgrass? MT, ND, and one in NY slip my mind.

Not sure if Doug will do separate bill to/ship to addresses, but this is a common occurrence.
Looking at a Vortex Diamondback in 3-9x40 for my son-in-law's birthday with a V-Plex reticle. Are these scopes any good? It will be mostly a hunting scope with some shooting for skill development. I see the eye relief is 3.5".

Would appreciate some input from the guys that have these and use them.

Thanks.
Posted By: sambubba Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 11/23/09
Keith, I have a 4x12 Diamondback and it tracks well, has bright optics and is a very good buy for the money. I know this isn't the particular model you asked about, but just my experience.
Thanks, Sam.
Keith, I really like what I see for the money with my Vortex Crossfire 6x40. The optics are clear and contrast is good. As good as my new Nikon 2-8x32 Monarch. I don't know about robustness. I will have to shoot with it for awhile before I can comment on that.
I did this deal and put a Crossfire 2-7 on my Marlin 45-70. I've put a small number of rounds down the pipe with it mounted (14 factory 300gr and 12 stout handloded 400gr) and all is well so far.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 01/14/10
Where can I find specs, on the Vortex scopes. Eye relief, weight, length, etc. I cannot find them on your site

Never mind I found it www.vortexoptics.com
Looking at the 2.5 x10x44 MM PST How close can you focus ? I'm a predator hunter. Also how does this glass rate to a Zeiss Conquest ?
Sorry for the delay getting back with you, i was away at the SHOT show.
The glass is equal to that of a Conquest. I have an e-mail in to Vortex for the minimum focus distance info
Close focus is about 20'
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 02/02/10
Hi Doug,

What did you think of the Viper 1-4 PST??
I think it is high quality and long over due. Once it is available I think it will be a top seller
Posted By: k3yston3 Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 02/08/10
Doug,

What would you consider the Vulture Binos comparable to?
Pretty much the same as the Diamondbacks
Hi Doug,
I'm pretty new to the Campfire, and I'm planning an antelope/muley combo this fall. I read the "Big Eyes" article and I'm intrigued, but I'm also on a PB&J budget. How well would the Diamondback 12x50 perform if they updated the article and put it head-to-head with the other 12x50's compared? I understand the lack of bells & whistles to keep price down, but I really want a solid performing set of nocs without feeling regret that I didn't spend more money. Are there any other more affordable models or brands you would recommend?
I think you would be very pleased with the optical quality as well as the overall build/performance of the Vortex 12x50 Diamondback. Compared to anything in or close to its price range it is a superior product
Are there any pistol scopes that meet the criteria for the deal?

Thanks,
Bill
Vortex does not do pistol scopes
Vortex Optics 2 x 20mm EER Crossfire Series Hand Gun & Rifle Scope, Matte Black Finish with V-Plex Reticle, Extended Eye Relief.
Mfr. Part: CRF13P

http://www.adorama.com/VORCRF13P.html

Is this discontinued then?
Ok, Technically it is a pistol scope, I stand corrected.
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Ok, Technically it is a pistol scope, I stand corrected.
No worries, does it qualify for the deal?
Thanks,
Bill
Absolutely
Just a heads up. This special is still on going, however, we are sold out of the 12x50's so your binocular choices are the 8.5x50 or 10x50.
You can also add the Vortex Binocular Harness to this order for just $10.00 additional
Posted By: 338_06 Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 04/12/10
Doug,
Wondering about the Quality of the Pentax scopes. The demos look like bargains. Looked at Vortex stuff at Bob Wards, nice optics!!have you had any problems/complaints w/them?
We have sold almost as many Vortex riflescopes as Zeiss riflescopes and the feedback has been very positive
I have been considering getting the Vortex viper scope (3x9x40) but was wondering how they compare to The monarch or Leupold VX-3? I know I can get them for quite a bit less money and if they are close in quality I am thinking of getting one. Also, does anyone know where to get the best deal on these scopes if I decide to get one.
Doug-

Sent ya an e-mail...
Originally Posted by goofman12
Also, does anyone know where to get the best deal on these scopes if I decide to get one.

that's a heck of a question to ask on Doug's sale thread, but considering it is your first post, welcome to the Campfire! Just call Doug at his number listed, and he will give you the best deal and the best customer service, bar none.
Just took advantage of Doug's offer and ordered my first VORTEX products.

Diamondback 4x12x40 V-Plex and a set of Coyote 10x50 binoc's

Cannot comment on the products as yet because I have not received them, but I'll be sure to post when they are in my hands and can undergo the proper scrutiny.

I can however tell you that the upfront service was excellent and a pleasure. I did not get to speak with Doug directly (only by e-mail), but his co-worker "Scotty" was extremely helpful!

Regards to all!
Yesterday was Christmas! Got my VORTEX Diamondback 4x12x40 scope and Coyote Vulture 10x50 Binoc's from Doug @ Camera Land!

They arrived several days ago (they are fast @ shipping) but I've been so busy @ work I haven't had the time or energy to open the box until yesterday (imagine that).

But anyway, I haven't had the chance to field test either...but if they operate anywhere near as nice as they feel and look, I'll be ordering more VORTEX optics from Doug.

I've owned and own Redfields, Weavers, Leupold, Burris, Bushnell, Simmons and probably others I've forgotten about.

I am impressed with the the Vortex factory packaging, cosmetics and glass.
For the money, it's a heckuva deal.

Once I have the chance to field test these items, I'll report back. But my instinct tells me I invested wisely.

And thanks to Doug and his staff for making this purchase "hassle-free". They are great folks to deal with!
Posted By: 257bee Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 08/14/10
wish i had seen this earlier i just ordered to 6.5-20x44 vipers and would have liked to get the binos guess my loss
I just received my viper 6.5-20x44 last week that i ordered from Doug. Scope appears to be a very well made. Power ring turns nice and smooth. Very clear and crisp optics. I have a leupold vx-3 and i would say it is ever bit as clear if not clearer then the leupold. Its not quit as clear as my zeiss but for 250.00 i didn't expect it to be. The side focus works excellent as dose the fast focus eye piece. I really like the resettable zero on the turret. No tools needed just lift it up and turn to zero. For the money im very happy with the scope. I would honestly say you get way more scope for the money spent. I haven't mounted it and shot with it yet but i don't expect any surprises. I done quit a bit of research on the viper before Doug put the sale on them. Once that sale hit it was a sealed deal for me. And Doug don't mess around with getting them out to ya. He ships super fast thanks Doug for great service. You have my optics business.
I appreciate all the support we've received on this promotion.
We just received a few hundred more scopes as well as sun shades.
If you recently ordered a Viper we'll honor the $99.99 8.5x50 as an after purchase. Just give a call
Posted By: wyowags1 Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 08/17/10
I picked up a 4-12x40 Diamondback with the Dead-Hold BDC reticle from Doug about a year and a half ago and got a free pair of binoculars along with the deal. And have been shooting in all types of weather and wind at the range with it so far out to 500 yds. Mounted it on a .25-06 BDL and couldn't be more pleased. These are great scopes for the money. Two of my hunting partners have tried it out and they are diehard gold ring scope guys. Both have asked "What kind of scope is this? This is clearer than my 'gold ring'!"

I'm a tight wad when it comes to putting out money for my outdoor gear and I want it to be a good value and of a quality that I know will last me a good long time. I believe Vortex scopes are exactly that. Plus, they're made in the USA. And the warranty that comes with them should make you feel warm and fuzzy too. Above all this, Doug was great to work with and has some awesome deals on these units. You won't be disappointed with the product or the guy selling them!
Posted By: dejr2000 Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 08/18/10
Thanks Doug! The very happy with the Viper 6.5-20 and am planning on ordering a second. Bino's are a great deal as well! Doug is great to deal with.
Just an FYI that the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 is a 30MM Tube.

I ordered 2 from Doug and they were here lightening quick. The scopes look great and I'm looking forward to getting these out on the range.
Posted By: jim62 Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 08/20/10
Originally Posted by wyowags1

I'm a tight wad when it comes to putting out money for my outdoor gear and I want it to be a good value and of a quality that I know will last me a good long time. I believe Vortex scopes are exactly that. . Plus, they're made in the USA . And the warranty that comes with them should make you feel warm and fuzzy too. Above all this, Doug was great to work with and has some awesome deals on these units. You won't be disappointed with the product or the guy selling them!

Wrong. All Vortex stuff is Asian made. Most of it is Chinese. Nothing wrong with that. They make good stuff and back it well but NONE of it is made in the USA. At least the folks who back the warrantee are a US company.
Hello,

First post here. I stumbled across the forums while researching scopes for a youth (deer) rifle that I will be purchasing for my son in the future. I have not decided on a rifle yet, but I was thinking about grabbing a Vortex Viper 2-7x32 while the sale is on.

Anyone have any input as to whether this would be a good or bad idea?

Also, I am leaning toward the traditional V-Plex reticle, but I can see where the Versa Plex C3 may have its advantages, especially helping a young hunter with quickly centering the quarry in the scope. On the other hand, I am worried that it may be a bit too busy for a novice hunter. Suggestions?

Thanks.
Posted By: wyowags1 Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 08/26/10
Jim62,

Sorry, I did not know that. Didn't mean to mislead anyone. For some reason I thought they were made in Wisconsin.
I dug my Sako 243 Varmint from the safe and decided I wanted to shoot some long range(400 or further next chuck season}. Ordered a new Vortex Viper from Doug. Got it mounted and took it out. Shooting off the hood of my Jeep, I shot around 3/4". I really like the side focus and being able to see the power ring when mounted. I compared it to my B & L 6-24 and can't really tell any difference in the clarity, both being especially clear.

Also like the method they use for resetting the elevation and windage adjustments. I think it is a whale of a buy at $250. Not a Leupold with parts made in china, but a whole lot cheaper and with a lifetime guarantee.

Posted By: Huntertx Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 09/07/10
I too order a Vortex Viper 4 X 12 V-plex scope from Doug and have been very pleased. I mounted it on my 300-WSM. Great service and very quick turn around on getting my scope. Like the features of the Vortex. Very clear. I especially like the Mag-view adjustment lever. It is very easy to quickly adjust the power settings.

This is my first purchase from Camera Land and it will not be my last.
We do appreciate all the support that we have received on this promotion
Originally Posted by Huntertx
I too order a Vortex Viper 4 X 12 V-plex scope from Doug and have been very pleased. I mounted it on my 300-WSM. Great service and very quick turn around on getting my scope. Like the features of the Vortex. Very clear. I especially like the Mag-view adjustment lever. It is very easy to quickly adjust the power settings.

This is my first purchase from Camera Land and it will not be my last.

What is the eye relief on that scope?

Thanks,
Jason
Eye Relief 3.1-3.4 inches
Ohhh, now you are just costing me money!

Thanks, Doug!
I took advantage of this big discount, thanks Doug!

I picked up the Viper 6.5-20x, the 4-12x, and two of the 2-7x with the Versa Plex reticle. wink

The 2-7x Vipers are a bit brighter and clearer than my Vari-X III 2.5-8's which is impressive since the Vari-X is a
36mm and the Viper is a 32mm.

They are a no-brainer for the money spent.

I put the 4-12x on my new Savage 22-250 coyote gun and got it out this weekend for the first outing on the range.
A very nice match indeed:
[Linked Image]

I bought the 6.5-20x 'just to have' for putting on rifles load development when I finally get to reloading, or for a PD scope out west. Very nice optics for $249!

do they make a scope with a 30mm tube
yes they do. Their 6.5-20x44 & their 6.5-20x50 both have 30mm tubes
Guys - how does the Viper BDC reticle compare to Leupold's LR reticle? Looking at picking up a 2-7 to try out, trying to decide between the BDC or Vplex reticle...
Is the Vplex reticle a little heavier, like the Zeiss #20?
Posted By: jdm953 Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 09/21/10
In case you have not already done this.Go to Cameralands web site.If you click on any Vortex scope you can click on reticles and see all of them.
Posted By: 257bee Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 09/23/10
just got my binos today pretty good and now just need to get the scope mounted and take it to the range
Posted By: j2dogs Re: Vortex Riflescope Special - 09/25/10
Doug:
Have a question.sent you a pm.
thanks
© 24hourcampfire