-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just received my viper 6.5-20x44 last week that i ordered from Doug. Scope appears to be a very well made. Power ring turns nice and smooth. Very clear and crisp optics. I have a leupold vx-3 and i would say it is ever bit as clear if not clearer then the leupold. Its not quit as clear as my zeiss but for 250.00 i didn't expect it to be. The side focus works excellent as dose the fast focus eye piece. I really like the resettable zero on the turret. No tools needed just lift it up and turn to zero. For the money im very happy with the scope. I would honestly say you get way more scope for the money spent. I haven't mounted it and shot with it yet but i don't expect any surprises. I done quit a bit of research on the viper before Doug put the sale on them. Once that sale hit it was a sealed deal for me. And Doug don't mess around with getting them out to ya. He ships super fast thanks Doug for great service. You have my optics business.

WANT TO BUY 22-250 AI BRASS PM ME WITH WHAT YA GOT AND HOW MUCH THANKS.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I appreciate all the support we've received on this promotion.
We just received a few hundred more scopes as well as sun shades.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If you recently ordered a Viper we'll honor the $99.99 8.5x50 as an after purchase. Just give a call

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I picked up a 4-12x40 Diamondback with the Dead-Hold BDC reticle from Doug about a year and a half ago and got a free pair of binoculars along with the deal. And have been shooting in all types of weather and wind at the range with it so far out to 500 yds. Mounted it on a .25-06 BDL and couldn't be more pleased. These are great scopes for the money. Two of my hunting partners have tried it out and they are diehard gold ring scope guys. Both have asked "What kind of scope is this? This is clearer than my 'gold ring'!"

I'm a tight wad when it comes to putting out money for my outdoor gear and I want it to be a good value and of a quality that I know will last me a good long time. I believe Vortex scopes are exactly that. Plus, they're made in the USA. And the warranty that comes with them should make you feel warm and fuzzy too. Above all this, Doug was great to work with and has some awesome deals on these units. You won't be disappointed with the product or the guy selling them!

No brains, no headaches...
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Thanks Doug! The very happy with the Viper 6.5-20 and am planning on ordering a second. Bino's are a great deal as well! Doug is great to deal with.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just an FYI that the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 is a 30MM Tube.

I ordered 2 from Doug and they were here lightening quick. The scopes look great and I'm looking forward to getting these out on the range.

Last edited by SShooterZ; 08/19/10.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by wyowags1

I'm a tight wad when it comes to putting out money for my outdoor gear and I want it to be a good value and of a quality that I know will last me a good long time. I believe Vortex scopes are exactly that. . Plus, they're made in the USA . And the warranty that comes with them should make you feel warm and fuzzy too. Above all this, Doug was great to work with and has some awesome deals on these units. You won't be disappointed with the product or the guy selling them!

Wrong. All Vortex stuff is Asian made. Most of it is Chinese. Nothing wrong with that. They make good stuff and back it well but NONE of it is made in the USA. At least the folks who back the warrantee are a US company.

Last edited by jim62; 08/19/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hello,

First post here. I stumbled across the forums while researching scopes for a youth (deer) rifle that I will be purchasing for my son in the future. I have not decided on a rifle yet, but I was thinking about grabbing a Vortex Viper 2-7x32 while the sale is on.

Anyone have any input as to whether this would be a good or bad idea?

Also, I am leaning toward the traditional V-Plex reticle, but I can see where the Versa Plex C3 may have its advantages, especially helping a young hunter with quickly centering the quarry in the scope. On the other hand, I am worried that it may be a bit too busy for a novice hunter. Suggestions?

Thanks.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Jim62,

Sorry, I did not know that. Didn't mean to mislead anyone. For some reason I thought they were made in Wisconsin.

No brains, no headaches...
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I dug my Sako 243 Varmint from the safe and decided I wanted to shoot some long range(400 or further next chuck season}. Ordered a new Vortex Viper from Doug. Got it mounted and took it out. Shooting off the hood of my Jeep, I shot around 3/4". I really like the side focus and being able to see the power ring when mounted. I compared it to my B & L 6-24 and can't really tell any difference in the clarity, both being especially clear.

Also like the method they use for resetting the elevation and windage adjustments. I think it is a whale of a buy at $250. Not a Leupold with parts made in china, but a whole lot cheaper and with a lifetime guarantee.

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I too order a Vortex Viper 4 X 12 V-plex scope from Doug and have been very pleased. I mounted it on my 300-WSM. Great service and very quick turn around on getting my scope. Like the features of the Vortex. Very clear. I especially like the Mag-view adjustment lever. It is very easy to quickly adjust the power settings.

This is my first purchase from Camera Land and it will not be my last.

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We do appreciate all the support that we have received on this promotion

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntertx
I too order a Vortex Viper 4 X 12 V-plex scope from Doug and have been very pleased. I mounted it on my 300-WSM. Great service and very quick turn around on getting my scope. Like the features of the Vortex. Very clear. I especially like the Mag-view adjustment lever. It is very easy to quickly adjust the power settings.

This is my first purchase from Camera Land and it will not be my last.

What is the eye relief on that scope?

Thanks,
Jason

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Eye Relief 3.1-3.4 inches

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ohhh, now you are just costing me money!

Thanks, Doug!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I took advantage of this big discount, thanks Doug!

I picked up the Viper 6.5-20x, the 4-12x, and two of the 2-7x with the Versa Plex reticle. wink

The 2-7x Vipers are a bit brighter and clearer than my Vari-X III 2.5-8's which is impressive since the Vari-X is a
36mm and the Viper is a 32mm.

They are a no-brainer for the money spent.

I put the 4-12x on my new Savage 22-250 coyote gun and got it out this weekend for the first outing on the range.
A very nice match indeed:
[Linked Image]

I bought the 6.5-20x 'just to have' for putting on rifles load development when I finally get to reloading, or for a PD scope out west. Very nice optics for $249!

Last edited by BlackFrog; 09/15/10.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
do they make a scope with a 30mm tube

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
yes they do. Their 6.5-20x44 & their 6.5-20x50 both have 30mm tubes

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guys - how does the Viper BDC reticle compare to Leupold's LR reticle? Looking at picking up a 2-7 to try out, trying to decide between the BDC or Vplex reticle...
Is the Vplex reticle a little heavier, like the Zeiss #20?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
In case you have not already done this.Go to Cameralands web site.If you click on any Vortex scope you can click on reticles and see all of them.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,343
Posts18,526,859
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.